Kristoff St John dead at 52

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Kristoff St John dead at 52

If you're not a soap fan you most likely don't know this actor. Kristoff St John, pictured with his son who committed suicide. He played Neil Winters on The Young and the Restless. It's the number 1 soap today. It's been on for 46 years. Maybe depression was involved in his death. Twitter page

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

He was never the same after his son's death he tried to kill himself two years ago its why he took an extended leave of absence from Y&R. He seemed to get better I don't think he intentionally killed himself though.

Remember when Luke was on Y&R and had scenes with Neil?

The whole thing is tragic may he RIP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
He was never the same after his son's death he tried to kill himself two years ago its why he took an extended leave of absence from Y&R. He seemed to get better I don't think he intentionally killed himself though.

No I don't BF. Who's Luke? I'm not a soap freak, only watch Y&R. Got hooked in 1990. I told myself, never again, no more soaps. You get close to the characters if you follow daily. You know it's not real but you get perturbed when things so obvious don't resolve quickly.

Kristoff, Victoria Rowell, Tonya Williams, Shamar Moore, Eva Longoria were a part of the cast.

RIP Kristoff

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

How sad

I remember seeing him on the Cosby Show

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
How sad

Love him or hate him the Cosby show was hilarious.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
How sad

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Wow. I remember him now because of Cosby.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

No I don't BF. Who's Luke? I'm not a soap freak, only watch Y&R. Got hooked in 1990. I told myself, never again, no more soaps. You get close to the characters if you follow daily. You know it's not real but you get perturbed when things so obvious don't resolve quickly.

Kristoff, Victoria Rowell, Tonya Williams, Shamar Moore, Eva Longoria were a part of the cast.

RIP Kristoff

You don't know Luke Walton are you sure you're a Lakers fan?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Wow. I remember him now because of Cosby.

He was in lots of things he was in Roots, Bad News Bears(the TV show) etc he was a child actor originally.

Mostly soaps but he did a lot of other TV shows/movies as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

RIP Kristoff

You don't know Luke Walton are you sure you're a Lakers fan?

OK yeah, I remember his cameo.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I had forgotten that Luke was on there.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I used to watch regularly for years. My brother even did some work at his house in Venice. He said Kristoff was a very cool dude.

It's a real bummer. I can't say how I'd feel if my child had committed suicide, but damn, this sucks.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kristoff-st-johns-family-war-211830995.html

Quote:
Kristoff St. John's family is now at war over a life insurance policy that will pay it's beneficiary $1,000,000.

According to legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Kristoff's ex-wife Allana is suing on behalf of their daughter Lola St. John his other ex-wife Mia St. John.

The Life Insurance Policy
[​IMG]
In the documents, she says when her and the soap star divorced in 2007, Kristoff's life insurance policy was supposed to be set up to benefit Lola.

The problem is...in the judgment a lawyer put the wrong name in the slot where Lola's name should have been.

The Battle
[​IMG]
She says in the filing after the 'Young And The Restless' star's son Julian tragically took his own life at 24 years old, his life took a tragic turn and he "became susceptible to undue influence and fraud."

She continues, Mia St. John was then "able to use the loss as a way to renew a confidential relationship." So, she claims "Kristoff's ex-wife Mia took advantage of Kristoff's deteriorated state and had him execute an amended beneficiary designation" on the insurance policy.

Where Is The Cash?
[​IMG]
Now, she claims Mia has deposited the large cash sum in her bank account.

Allana is suing Mia for the $1 Million collected on the life insurance policy.

His Tragic Death
[​IMG]

Kristoff St. John tragically died as a result of hypertrophic heart disease, alcohol was also a factor but not the primary cause. His autopsy report also showed anti-anxiety drugs Nordiazepam and Librium in his bloodstream.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

https://people.com/books/kristoff-st-johns-ex-wife-mia-to-release-tell-all-book/

Quote:
Kristoff St. John's Ex-Wife Mia to Release Tell-All Book About Her Life with the Late Actor
"The life that Kristoff led, a lot of people don't know what was happening at the end of his life," Mia St. John tells PEOPLE

Mia St. John is ready to share her story.

In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE about her upcoming book Fighting For My Life, the five-time world boxing champion opens up about how her ex-husband Kristoff St. John‘s sudden death and the loss of their son to suicide led to her passion for spreading awareness about mental health.

“I’ve been in this fight for reform of our mental health system for so Iong,” says Mia, 52. “Kristoff and I lost our son in a mental health facility that was found guilty of neglect. Then when I uncovered a lot of the facilities in LA County, I discovered that this was going on everywhere because there have been many deaths. My son wasn’t the only one. So I’ve been on that vision.”

The two-time Emmy Award-winning actor died at age 52 on Feb. 3. It was later determined that his death was caused by heart disease, which was exacerbated by alcohol use.

Kristoff and Mia’s son Julian, 24, died by suicide four years earlier on Nov. 23, 2014 following a lifelong battle with mental illness. He was reportedly found unresponsive in the bathroom of a Long Beach, California, facility.

“When Kristoff lost his life, he was also neglected by the facility that he was put in,” she continued. “He was let go while still being suicidal. Then, my mission just completely skyrocketed. And I just want the public to be aware of what’s happening.

She continues: “A lot of people don’t know what was happening at the end of his life. Not just with the depression and the guilt over his son, but all the circumstances surrounding his life and the last days of his life. So much has been swept under the rug.”

RELATED: Kristoff St. John Calls His Role ‘Such an Accomplishment’ in The Young and the Restless Tribute

Just two weeks before the Young and the Restless star’s death, he publicly mourned the loss of his son on Twitter. On Jan. 21, St. John retweeted someone’s post about losing a child that read, “Grieving the loss of a child is a process. It begins on the day your child passes, and ends the day the parent joins them.”

“Never a truer word was spoke,” St. John tweeted. “Thanks for posting this.”

Kristoff and Mia St. John

Kristoff and Mia St. John RON GALELLA, LTD./WIREIMAGE
According to Mia, Kristoff was struggling in the days leading up to his death.

“Everybody knew what was going on in his circle, but I feel like there was such a big attempt to cover everything up, which was not to really his benefit and he was so eager to get out of the hospital and get back to work from fear of what would happen if people found out he had been hospitalized,” she said. “He needed to stay in that hospital. And if he had stayed in that hospital as we had intended, and as our attorney had requested, he’d still be alive today.”

And Mia admits that she has been struggling to come to terms with the losses she’s experienced as well.

In March, Mia revealed that she relapsed after three decades of sobriety.

Kristoff St. John with daughter Paris St. John

Kristoff St. John with daughter Paris St. John SEAN SMITH/CBS VIA GETTY
“I lost my 30 years’ sobriety,” she previously revealed to PEOPLE. “I’m ashamed, believe me. I had 30 years of sobriety, I thought I was the s—. Like I was queen of mental health. I’m a mental health advocate. I felt as small as you can get. My ego was crushed. But I feel like I want to look at the bigger picture and my higher self. It’s about the good of all. And if I can help someone out, and say if there’s just nothing it doesn’t mean that I’m a weak person. I’m just an imperfect person and we all have to find a way to pick ourselves up and carry on.”

Following Kristoff’s death, Mia was hospitalized twice.

“I’m out of the hospital. I’m sorry if I scared anyone,” she shared on social media. “Let’s plz focus on the wellness of his precious girls Lols & Paris.”

“They love their father so much, the beautiful, loving, funny soul that he was/is,” she continued, adding a green heart emoji. “#MentalHealth is all we have, nothing else is important.”

While Mia says she’s overcome with grief, she’s doing her best to move forward.

“We’re just really struggling,” she tells PEOPLE. “I’ve just been telling my daughter, that we have to go on, he’d want us to be happy and to celebrate together. And that’s what we have to do, even though he was always with us, even though we were divorced, we spent holidays together. It’ll be a burst. It’ll be difficult.”

Fighting For My Life will be released in 2020.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: