Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.

Seriously, thats all we need.

Trade him for a vet. that can shoot and is smart.

Not many names pop on my mind right now but there's certainly a bunch of them ou there.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

Well according to a story on realgm Golden State is willing to give Pietrus to any team willing to take on Fishers contract.

That would be a great deal for the lakers as Fisher already knows the tri.

I played around with with the trade checker and came up with this:

Lakers trade:

McKie
Walton
Wafer
Medvedenko

Warriors trade:

Fisher
Pietrus

Trade Id# 2987508.

The Lakers get a vet guard that already knows the tri and Pietrus who I believe would be a better scorer than anyone they currently have coming off the bench.

The Warriors get instant cap relief from Slava and Wafer and more next year from Walton and Mckie.

The Lakers could throw in the Miami pick to sweeten the deal.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Id do this trade in a heartbeat, thats a no-brainer.

Imagine a lineup of:

Mihm/Kwame
Cook/Turiaf
Lamar/George
Kobe/Pietrus
Fisher/Smush

Sasha and Green or Bynum complete the bench.

We get two roster spots that can be used to re-sign Wafer if he is waved by the Warriors or some help up front.

This trade would be perfect.

Too bad it aint even a rumour.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

slava for tony delk is realistic imo
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:

YES!! I like this a lot!

Delk is getting ZERO burn in Atlanta, and he is itching to play and show everyone that he's still in the league. This guy can flat-out SHOOT. He's not a true PG, so he should fit in with the triangle (since playmaking isn't one of his strengths). Plus, he's an expierenced vet - just what Phil said we need.

Great idea!
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Doubt it will happen since Lakers still want to stick with 2007 cap space plan and DFish has a huge contract although I'd love to have him back for his hustle, veteran leadership, and his knowledge of the triangle.But I also watched a lot of Warrior games on NBA League Pass and DFish's game is still the same where he's still a streaky shooter.

Last edited by KB8SD on Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

Delk would be a nice fit, he's scored 53 once He has a career average of 9 ppg and has only played one game this season. He's a 10 year veteran that I think Phil would love to have.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

something tells me detroit might be interested too. they do need a backup pg as well and i think his d is decent.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:

YES!! I like this a lot!

Delk is getting ZERO burn in Atlanta, and he is itching to play and show everyone that he's still in the league. This guy can flat-out SHOOT. He's not a true PG, so he should fit in with the triangle (since playmaking isn't one of his strengths). Plus, he's an expierenced vet - just what Phil said we need.

Great idea!

I've wanted Delk as a backup guard since the days when we had Shaq. The problem with your trade idea is that Delk's contract also expires after this season. Therefore, there's no incentive for the Hawks to move an active body for an inactive one.

There would have to other players involved.
filipensses
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.

AirKobe8 wrote:

Not many names pop on my mind right now but there's certainly a bunch of them ou there.

I wouldn't say it's ALL we need. We still need a post scoring threat, a pure shooter (ok, this could be your pg) and a deep bench (right now, it's basically Cook - on some nights - and George). And I wouldn't go as far as saying there's certainly a bunch of them out there. Veteran smart PG's who can shoot are not exactly falling from trees. Although not a "pure" PG, I'd like to get Spree, Lakers could have a shot because he must be starving right now...poor Spree .
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
B_P wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:

YES!! I like this a lot!

Great idea!

I've wanted Delk as a backup guard since the days when we had Shaq. The problem with your trade idea is that Delk's contract also expires after this season. Therefore, there's no incentive for the Hawks to move an active body for an inactive one.

good point
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
B_P wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:

YES!! I like this a lot!

Great idea!

good point

Maybe since he is barely playing (1 game this season) theyd accept Slava and a 2nd rounder from the bobcats?
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

Delk would also be nice but I doubt Phil would want him since he's small PG who plays no D.Delk's game reminds me alot of Bobby Jackson good PG who can score from the outside and drive and pentrate and finish strong.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.

filipensses wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I wouldn't say it's ALL we need. We still need a post scoring threat, a pure shooter (ok, this could be your pg) and a deep bench (right now, it's basically Cook - on some nights - and George). And I wouldn't go as far as saying there's certainly a bunch of them out there. Veteran smart PG's who can shoot are not exactly falling from trees. Although not a "pure" PG, I'd like to get Spree, Lakers could have a shot because he must be starving right now...poor Spree .

I do agree thats not all we need, I may have overvalued our roster, but wed be a much more stable team having a veteran. We wouldnt make dumb mistakes in crunch time. We wouldnt blow up late leads, and we wouldnt see so much of bad shot selection, I dont think Spree is a good fit though, I thought someone on the lines of David Wesley(is he injured?) Mo Williams or even Chucky Atkins....
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

bottomline is...(and i can't beleive i'm saying this)...we miss laron.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
B_P wrote:
kemi4kobes wrote:

YES!! I like this a lot!

Great idea!

good point

Maybe since he is barely playing (1 game this season) theyd accept Slava and a 2nd rounder from the bobcats?

That's possible and a good idea. The Hawks would probably lose him without any compensation and we have extra 2nd rounders built up and few roster spaces available anyway.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:

We TOTALLY miss Profit - and there's nothing wrong with saying it. It's totally true.

He was a very effective defender, a fine ball handler, an unselfish passer. He was very athletic, could get to the basket off-the-dribble, has a nice post-up game and was just a solid, stable, professional vet. He was one of the few vets on this team and he was always solid and made few mistakes.

We totally miss him. I just hope we bring him back next year.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:

Yup. Laron was the guy in our 2nd unit who wasn't afraid to take the ball to the basket. Hopefully, he can work his way back onto the roster next season and we can say 'bye bye' to Sasha.
filipensses
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.

AirKobe8 wrote:
filipensses wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

I do agree thats not all we need, I may have overvalued our roster, but wed be a much more stable team having a veteran. We wouldnt make dumb mistakes in crunch time. We wouldnt blow up late leads, and we wouldnt see so much of bad shot selection, I dont think Spree is a good fit though, I thought someone on the lines of David Wesley(is he injured?) Mo Williams or even Chucky Atkins....

Lakers' dumb mistakes in crunch time are mostly due to bad execution than to the lack of a veteran PG. We blow up late leads because this is team is not consistent enough and they're not being able to stick to the game plan and play freakin' team defense. With our roster AS IT IS, when we play team defense and execute well, we are a hard team to beat. We already beat very good teams like the Clippers, the Sixers, the Heat, the Mavs...the point is: we need to be consistent and play defense. The problem is that it's hard to achieve this when there's no one not named Kobe you can rely on to score.

As our system does not requires a "pure" PG, I'd vote for Spree because he can hustle in defense AND he can score. Sucky can't play defense and can't score ON A CONSISTENT basis.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

I like the idea. You'd likely have to throw in a 2nd rounder or something, but Delk would fit in really well. The knock on him is he isn't a floor general, but that doesn't matter as much in the triangle......that is IF the triangle is working properly. Phils comments about not having to bring in a veteran guard depending on Odom being able to handle it...that may conflict with Delk. Anyway, when the triangle is working, you have to love having a spot up shooter like Delk. If you can get him for cheap, I really like the move.

Americans just scored..only down a goal, please win one!
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Get Derek Fisher!
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

good deal...ill take it

if only we had a real GM...who woulda thought Clippers would make moves and put out money before the lakers (Radmonovic, Baker)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

"Lakers' dumb mistakes in crunch time are mostly due to bad execution than to the lack of a veteran PG."

I disagree.That may be part of it.But the reason why we lose close games is because the Lakers are a young team.The Lakers are the second youngest team in the NBA right now.We may have the best closer in the game right now with Kobe but the problem is when the game is on the line and opposing teams double or triple team Kobe he has no choice but to pass to inexperienced guys like LO, Cookie, Sasha, Walton, Smush, and Mihm for crucial shots and plays.Player who dont know to deliver or make right decisons in the clutch because they havent been in those situations before in close playoff type games.That's part of the growing pains this team is going through right now and Phil is trying to teach them while also teaching them the triiangle at the same time.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

This veteran PG would also have be a legit second scoring option because the team sure as hell isn't getting that in Odom. So, a short summary of this point guard: veteran, smart, good shooter, legit second scoring option, attainable by trading Slava. Basically, this magical PG you speak of does not exist.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Slava for a veteran PG and we're set.

filipensses wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
filipensses wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Lakers' dumb mistakes in crunch time are mostly due to bad execution than to the lack of a veteran PG. We blow up late leads because this is team is not consistent enough and they're not being able to stick to the game plan and play freakin' team defense. With our roster AS IT IS, when we play team defense and execute well, we are a hard team to beat. We already beat very good teams like the Clippers, the Sixers, the Heat, the Mavs...the point is: we need to be consistent and play defense. The problem is that it's hard to achieve this when there's no one not named Kobe you can rely on to score.

As our system does not requires a "pure" PG, I'd vote for Spree because he can hustle in defense AND he can score. Sucky can't play defense and can't score ON A CONSISTENT basis.

A veteran PG would minimize the dumb mistakes, cuz with him and Kobe handling the ball on crunch time, there would be no Sashas or Odoms taking early shots, we need a guy with experience and balls to take clutch shots if needed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: