Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
If I didn't like the first episode will I enjoy the rest?

Of course not! You are obviously way too hip and sophisticated to put up with the nonsense, as you have clearly just gone out of your way to demonstrate.

Ok thanks.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
By the time I reached episode 8 it was more than enough. The ending was underwhelmingly obvious in another paen to Groundhog Day (personal growth breaks the loop). The whole Gilmore Girls/2 Broke Girls fast talking hipster "witty" dialogue is something I find neither amusing or clever. One season is enough IMO.

I have no barometer of comparison with 2 Broke Girls because I never watched it, but I did have the experience of working on Gilmore Girls for a couple of seasons and there is nothing even vaguely similar between the dialogue of Doll and Gilmore, particularly when it comes to the actual content of the dialogue.

Anyway, unfortunate that you felt it was a waste of time. I found it to be an interesting ride. But, I wasn't looking for anything deeper than that.

Sometimes you win sometimes you lose, Goodtime Charlie's got the blues. The idea was ok but it could have been so much more. As for the dialogue I wasn't so much talking about content but the quick back and forth banter that by the pace of it, the director thinks I will find it witty and amusing. I didn't hate it didn't love if was ready for it to end when it did though. Kind of like I sweated thru a season of the Leftovers and cant bring myself to continue.

(Like you I find the Gilmore Girls tedious and annoying. There was not one character that I found sympathetic or even interesting. But I just couldn't stop watching. Ugh.)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
If I didn't like the first episode will I enjoy the rest?

Of course not! You are obviously way too hip and sophisticated to put up with the nonsense, as you have clearly just gone out of your way to demonstrate.

Ok thanks.

Sorry, I was just giving a fun loving, flippant answer to the question. But upon re-reading, I realize my sense of humor and the context of the reference probably didn’t come across in my intended fashion.

Serious response though?

I don’t think that the show gets better for anyone who was disinterested after watching the first episode.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
As for the dialogue I wasn't so much talking about content but the quick back and forth banter that by the pace of it, the director thinks I will find it witty and amusing.

It didn’t bump for me. All of the characters were caricatures, and I think intentionally so. Thus the style and pacing of the humor emphasized the characters rather than working against them. To me it all tied into the overall absurdity of it all. The rapidly repeated deaths in comedic fashion and the resulting silliness of a phobia of walking down stairs versus insisting on taking a fire escape? That’s humor I can put up with.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I liked it, and found the mystery of it very gripping. I was disappointed with the ending, but I liked the episode overall. I was hoping to get a bit more answered.
Air Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Watched the first one only and I'm intrigued enough to continue.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
I liked it, and found the mystery of it very gripping. I was disappointed with the ending, but I liked the episode overall. I was hoping to get a bit more answered.

Git outa my head! The mystery kept me coming back.

I too was disappointed with the ending. Instead of the characters going their separate ways without meshing, I was looking for them to be more involved with one another. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the series a 7. It's going to take some very clever writing to make a interesting sequel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Awesome. Whole lot of fun. I hope they don’t (bleep) it up and try to make a second season.

Oh they are . . . it's going to be about Trump and Putin.

the purpose of this personal relationship between poutine and Trump, is to scare China
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: