Lakers to acquire Reggie Bullock for Svi and 2021 second round pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

To all the "Captain Hindsights" on here, moving players/salary at the time of your choosing isn't as easy as calling up a GM and offering a 2nd round pick.

If you're talking about moving 3-4 players with guaranteed contracts at the end of the FA moratorium, you'd better make sure those players are coming off decent seasons, or no GM will want to lose cap space TO HELP YOUR TEAM. "Here, have the rest of these fries I've been rummaging through while I was eating my 4-by-4 animal style over the bag, I'll throw in some soiled napkins and a water cup you can rinse out".

Reggie Bullock, had he panned out, was a potential upgrade to Svi and possibly could've been used as filler (or even an asset) in a S&T.

Svi was making guaranteed money in 2020 (unlike Reggie who was an RFA), and the way he was shooting, may not have been easy to move.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
To all the "Captain Hindsights" on here, moving players/salary at the time of your choosing isn't as easy as calling up a GM and offering a 2nd round pick.

If you're talking about moving 3-4 players with guaranteed contracts at the end of the FA moratorium, you'd better make sure those players are coming off decent seasons, or no GM will want to lose cap space TO HELP YOUR TEAM. "Here, have the rest of these fries I've been rummaging through while I was eating my 4-by-4 animal style over the bag, I'll throw in some soiled napkins and a water cup you can rinse out".

Reggie Bullock, had he panned out, was a potential upgrade to Svi and possibly could've been used as filler (or even an asset) in a S&T.

Svi was making guaranteed money in 2020 (unlike Reggie who was an RFA), and the way he was shooting, may not have been easy to move.

First grab something to eat...you obviously hungry.

Svi was making 1.4m haha

Like I said, if you don't have confidence in you FO/GM to move off that type of salary for a young kid on a team friendly deal....then your opinion of our FO/GM is far worse than mine.

Btw Bullock was an expiring deal and not a RFA, but it goes without saying that if we wanted to keep dude past the 2019 max plan we clearly wanted to go animal style on, then having his cap hold of 4.5m was a wild way to go about it, knowing Svi only took up 1.4m. Oh and with Svi still in the saddle, maybe we spare more moving parts in the AD purge.

Now seriously feed yourself bro.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Okay.
I thought it was a bad move then. So no hindsight here. Thanks
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Okay.

Would you say it was mostly for the pick or for Svi? Or equally?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

First grab something to eat...you obviously hungry.

Svi was making 1.4m haha

Like I said, if you don't have confidence in you FO/GM to move off that type of salary for a young kid on a team friendly deal....then your opinion of our FO/GM is far worse than mine.

Btw Bullock was an expiring deal and not a RFA, but it goes without saying that if we wanted to keep dude past the 2019 max plan we clearly wanted to go animal style on, then having his cap hold of 4.5m was a wild way to go about it, knowing Svi only took up 1.4m. Oh and with Svi still in the saddle, maybe we spare more moving parts in the AD purge.

Now seriously feed yourself bro.

“Satisfied?”
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Okay.

Would you say it was mostly for the pick or for Svi? Or equally?

I was pretty high on Svi so losing him bummed me out a little
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

There is no "team friendly deal" for a player not in the rotation. Svi, like Wagner/Bonga, wouldn't have been wanted by New Orleans (Wagner was also an upperclassman coming off a bad rookie year, and they didn't want him).

Your proposed trade package would look like that breakfast burrito of leftovers Burger King was trying to sell. Just lost my appetite (maybe LaLaLakeshow can pass some lala to the left to help?).

Svi was playing scared last year, 4-year seniors who have a bad rookie year aren't exactly coveted in this league. He only appeared in three games for Detroit last season after the trade.

RFA or not, Bullock had a chance to prove he was worth his cap hold (and possibly more), and it only cost a 2nd round pick. He ended the season better than Svi, if nothing else.

Quote:

Again, trying to move salary when other GMs can hold your feet to the fire (once they know you absolutely need the space to sign a player) is a HUGE risk. Imagine going into the Kawhi meeting without the ability to offer even $30M:

"uhhh...we'd love to give you our full offer now, but there are these young players on our team we don't want to risk losing unless you commit?"

Then he tells us to move the players and he will consider signing, which would be a lie.

Also, if the Lakers aren't making a serious push for Kawhi, it puts less pressure on the Clippers to acquire PG...maybe they get him for less? Ujiri had already pulled out of the bidding.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

PakaLOLO wrote:
Some ppl can’t forget about their ex gf

Just because it's in the past, it doesn't mean you don't have to think about take your meds for the gift your Johnson gave you.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

There is no "team friendly deal" for a player not in the rotation. Svi, like Wagner/Bonga, wouldn't have been wanted by New Orleans (Wagner was also an upperclassman coming off a bad rookie year, and they didn't want him).

Your proposed trade package would look like that breakfast burrito of leftovers Burger King was trying to sell. Just lost my appetite (maybe LaLaLakeshow can pass some lala to the left to help?).

Svi was playing scared last year, 4-year seniors who have a bad rookie year aren't exactly coveted in this league. He only appeared in three games for Detroit last season after the trade.

RFA or not, Bullock had a chance to prove he was worth his cap hold (and possibly more), and it only cost a 2nd round pick. He ended the season better than Svi, if nothing else.

Quote:

Again, trying to move salary when other GMs can hold your feet to the fire (once they know you absolutely need the space to sign a player) is a HUGE risk. Imagine going into the Kawhi meeting without the ability to offer even $30M:

"uhhh...we'd love to give you our full offer now, but there are these young players on our team we don't want to risk losing unless you commit?"

Then he tells us to move the players and he will consider signing, which would be a lie.

Also, if the Lakers aren't making a serious push for Kawhi, it puts less pressure on the Clippers to acquire PG...maybe they get him for less? Ujiri had already pulled out of the bidding.

I mean since you have the answer to everything and since you already brought it up, tell me Capt Foresight, did the cLips come to the Kawhi meeting having already traded for George and his 33m? They should have known dude wanted the max, wanted to come back home and wanted someone to help him load manage, right? I mean, why not get off of Gallo's 23m expiring deal earlier? Why trade into the 1st round for the 27th pick and place that cap hold on your 2019 cap sheet if you need 2 max spots? Why put out QOs on their RFAs like Zu and McGruder if they are trying to hoard cap space, right? Why not waive Lou/TyWallace/Thornwell's partially guaranteed deals before the free agency moratorium started?

By george, why didn't the cLips just clear 2 max slots for 2019 so that Kawhi could pick his running mate among the rich 2019 class of free agents? I mean was George as a running mate even his 1st choice?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144993285901099008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1144993285901099008&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcsports.com%2Fphiladelphia%2F76ers%2Fnba-free-agency-2019-tracker-rockets-jimmy-butler-kemba-walker-kawhi-leonard-kyrie-irving-kevin-durant

cLips got him to commit...then and only then did they make the move.

There is objectively being critical of how the FO dealt with our cap plan and then there is being a home fry, getting salty towards anyone trying to turn up the heat on them. I don't know why you want to shield them so bad from any critique.

But try to ketchup....I'm not relishing in grilling their ass in hindsight....I want them to address a clear deficiency up top and in doing so, our french fries...uh franchise is better for it. They get better...we get better. No crying over onion rangz either...yum! Now, i'll cut the shtick before the mustard comes off the hotdog.

And seriously, now you got me hungry, no cap. Meanwhile our FO needs to do better to know cap if they're realistically eyeing 2021 and daring to go into that pool again. I hope they wait 30 minutes or longer doe...they just ate.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I mean since you have the answer to everything and since you already brought it up, tell me Capt Foresight, did the cLips come to the Kawhi meeting having already traded for George and his 33m? They should have known dude wanted the max, wanted to come back home and wanted someone to help him load manage, right? I mean, why not get off of Gallo's 23m expiring deal earlier? Why trade into the 1st round for the 27th pick and place that cap hold on your 2019 cap sheet if you need 2 max spots? Why put out QOs on their RFAs like Zu and McGruder if they are trying to hoard cap space, right? Why not waive Lou/TyWallace/Thornwell's partially guaranteed deals before the free agency moratorium started?

By george, why didn't the cLips just clear 2 max slots for 2019 so that Kawhi could pick his running mate among the rich 2019 class of free agents? I mean was George as a running mate even his 1st choice?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1144993285901099008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1144993285901099008&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcsports.com%2Fphiladelphia%2F76ers%2Fnba-free-agency-2019-tracker-rockets-jimmy-butler-kemba-walker-kawhi-leonard-kyrie-irving-kevin-durant

cLips got him to commit...then and only then did they make the move.

The simple answer? Gallo's 2019 season made him into an asset as a player and as an expiring contract. The Lakers did not have such assets, their four previously signed contracts set to expire in 2020 were Moz/Deng/JC. Each of those contracts became a liability. Clippers had flexibility and assets we didn't have, most from blowing up an aging contender before their expiration date. Some was dumb luck from the CP3 trade that backfired on Houston.

If KD and Kawhi chose the Clippers, the Clippers would have options, they could S&T for Kawhi or KD, while signing the other straight up. Toronto or Golden State would have use for Gallo and SGA, along with a couple picks. Clippers would have all the leverage, as GS has to make a deal or lose Durant for nothing, while still being over the cap.

The PG trade was announced simultaneously with the Kawhi signing, and reportedly was on/off several times that day. Had the trade not gone through, and if Kawhi felt the Clippers didn't try hard enough to acquire his preferred teammate, he's a Laker on a short deal.

Quote:
There is objectively being critical of how the FO dealt with our cap plan and then there is being a home fry, getting salty towards anyone trying to turn up the heat on them. I don't know why you want to shield them so bad from any critique.

But try to ketchup....I'm not relishing in grilling their ass in hindsight....I want them to address a clear deficiency up top and in doing so, our french fries...uh franchise is better for it. They get better...we get better. No crying over onion rangz either...yum! Now, i'll cut the shtick before the mustard comes off the hotdog.

And seriously, now you got me hungry, no cap. Meanwhile our FO needs to do better to know cap if they're realistically eyeing 2021 and daring to go into that pool again. I hope they wait 30 minutes or longer doe...they just ate.

Right now, the Lakers making a high-level hiring soon after promoting Pelinka would only signal weakness and undermine the FO, when his most criticized "error" this offseason was Woj/others chastising him for the specifics and timing of the AD trade (a stance they backpedaled on later). If anything, this organization has mainly suffered from poor player development, it's no coincidence that virtually every young player we trade/cut instantly plays better on their new team.

The last thing the Lakers need is to be pulled in different directions. The criticisms of Rob's signings and "failings" in the salary dump market are unsubstantiated, the players who were available in salary dumps wouldn't help this team. After moving Whiteside, Miami had no reason to shed Dragic's salary as well. Other players like Solomon Hill or Allen Crabbe wouldn't help.

DRose would've been nice, but he agreed to a cheap deal for 2 years almost immediately, as if he preferred Detroit. His health was and is still a concern.

Three other players often mentioned were RFAs like Brogdon, DLo, and Oubre Jr., the Lakers would have to overpay for a shot at any of them. Then there was Jimmy Butler, who would be a poor fit next to LeBron and AD, he isn't a willing three point shooter like Kawhi.

Jeremy Lamb would've been a good pickup in hindsight, but that would mean losing at least KCP, who at the time was our best option to chase quicker guards. Avery Bradley became available days later.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: