OFFICIAL WELCOME MIKE MUSCALA THREAD:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
I have to wonder if they didn't get this guy to teach Mo how to be a stretch 4/5.
Only thing i can see.

How many hundreds of superior retired stretch fives are there sitting in their living rooms who would take way less money and cap space to coach Mo?

It's a stupid f*cking move... Nothing against Muscala... I hope he balls out and helps us make the playoffs... it's not his fault.

But this was another poor move after watching that horrifying offer go public.

And the most obvious thing is...

If we wanted to teach Mo to be a stretch 4/5, shouldn't we have traded for someone who was actually a stretch 4/5? For goodness sake, I'm going to say it till I'm blue in the face.... Muscala is a below average 3pt shooter. The league average shoots it better than him.

They say the most telling statistic to someone's ceiling with shooting is their free-throw %. Does anyone for a second think that Zu isn't going to develop his 3pt shot. With his touch, soft hands, and shooting motion, he's only 1 summer away from being a REAL stretch 5.

Losing Zu to right a mistake Maginka made during free agency (in not hiring shooters) reminds me of losing Thomas Bryant for nothing as well.

The Lebron Era - "ain't nobody got time for player development".
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

ZenMaster2323 wrote:
God our FO is a bunch of idiots for signing this guy. Literally pointless to give up Zu for this garbage. We traded away a legit center with amazing hands - those don't come up in the NBA very often. It reeks of desperation to make some kind of deal at the deadline, even one that wasn't in our favor.

Our FO had to be SAVED by the Pelicans rejection of our insane offers. BUT that was not good enough for our FO. They just HAD to make an insane trade no matter what. Its like our FO just could not stop themselves from being insane. Well, congrats, mission accomplished!

Then we had to see Magic's HUGE smile at the Philly game today...……. Hope Magic liked what he saw. Makes me wonder if Jim and Mitch were really worse than Magic and Rob (and Jeanie and her followers).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I'm sorry, Zu had way more value than Muscrapa.

Other non-Laker fans on realgm think Zu has the value of at least a mid-first rounder

Just an interesting observation that everyone in the world feels like we gave Zu away.

The fact that Muscala is dog poop just makes it that much worse
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Other non-Laker fans on realgm think Zu has the value of at least a mid-first rounder

Just an interesting observation that everyone in the world feels like we gave Zu away.

No doubt Zu is better than Muscala.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
I have to wonder if they didn't get this guy to teach Mo how to be a stretch 4/5.
Only thing i can see.

How many hundreds of superior retired stretch fives are there sitting in their living rooms who would take way less money and cap space to coach Mo?

It's a stupid f*cking move... Nothing against Muscala... I hope he balls out and helps us make the playoffs... it's not his fault.

If we wanted to teach Mo to be a stretch 4/5, shouldn't we have traded for someone who was actually a stretch 4/5? For goodness sake, I'm going to say it till I'm blue in the face.... Muscala is a below average 3pt shooter. The league average shoots it better than him.

They say the most telling statistic to someone's ceiling with shooting is their free-throw %. Does anyone for a second think that Zu isn't going to develop his 3pt shot. With his touch, soft hands, and shooting motion, he's only 1 summer away from being a REAL stretch 5.

Losing Zu to right a mistake Maginka made during free agency (in not hiring shooters) reminds me of losing Thomas Bryant for nothing as well.

This x 10000
Dumb fuking move by a dumb fuking management group. I'm getting really tired of watching them waste our young talent. Why not just play Mo instead of trading a future really good big for a terd. Makes absolutely no sense. I pray we re-sign him this summer after we strike out with our boneheaded management running this team into oblivion.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm still confused about this trade. Mo can do what this guy does
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Yup, too bad Luke doesnt want to play Mo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Anyone can miss shots and play no D
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Its like Magic watch that Philly home game where Muscala shot well and was impressed and made sure he had to get him without doing any research.

Jerry West fleeced Magic. Both Laker Legends.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Those same people a week earlier were saying Zubac is a big Euro stiff who wasn't worth a damn when he was being offered up in AD trade talks, so take that with a grain of salt.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Those same people a week earlier were saying Zubac is a big Euro stiff who wasn't worth a damn when he was being offered up in AD trade talks, so take that with a grain of salt.

I undersigned where you're coming from but I disagree...

a lot of people were saying Lakers offered a haul for AD.

Some, obviously, hate everything Lakers so they will flip flop like that but I think that most real NBA fans have noticed Zu lately and to down grade to Muscala only to get shooting when you could have addressed that this past summer... shameful.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

He’s garbage
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Show this dude the door.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Can believe we traded Zu for this guy . Just play Mo and just move on
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Trashiest move I've seen since Mozgov and Deng.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
Only thing i can see.

Actually Muscala shoots it well above the league average.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
Only thing i can see.

If we wanted a stretch 5 to teach Mo we could just have kept Lopez, who was already here and willing to take a major pay cut to stay.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
He’s garbage

Looks like the Lakers got themselves another bricklayer Your better off with Wagner at least he can shoot
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Muscala sprained his ankle and is questionable against the Hawks.

WHAT IS WITH US AND INJURIES???????????????
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
Only thing i can see.

This season? He's shooting below the average...
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Its like Magic watch that Philly home game where Muscala shot well and was impressed and made sure he had to get him without doing any research.

This. Magic probably watches 15-20 Lakers games total, and he just so happened to witness Muscala's career performance against us. Lucky for Muscala, one good night against the Lakers is all it takes to get a contract.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:

This. Magic probably watches 15-20 Lakers games total, and he just so happened to witness Muscala's career performance against us. Lucky for Muscala, one good night against the Lakers is all it takes to get a contract.

This is probably very accurate. But he also used the same methodology when he drafted kuzma after his performance in the draft combine
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lak_repeat wrote:
Only thing i can see.

This season? He's shooting below the average...

Wrong way to look at it. Not a Muscala fan, but he is an above average 3pt shooter. His problem is not his 3pt shooting, but rather, that he just isn't very good at anything else. The league average is .355 and over his career Muscala is .365. If you want to pick his last 48 games this season and draw your conclusion that way, ok, but you would have also had to make the statement a month ago that Klay Thompson "is a below average shooter" too then. So would it have been an accurate statement to say a month ago that Klay Thompson is a below average 3pt shooter because the league shoots it better than him? I say no, but I'm not trying to force a narrative here.

Muscala has a lot of shortcomings, but his 3pt shooting isn't pretty much the only thing that isn't one.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Muscala has a lot of shortcomings, but his 3pt shooting isn't pretty much the only thing that isn't one.

I agree....still do not understand the need for him. Wagner also does not do anything well outside of shooting 3's...seem like you will get similar results from both.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I agree....still do not understand the need for him. Wagner also does not do anything well outside of shooting 3's...seem like you will get similar results from both.

Same. Well, the only thing you get from him, that Mo cannot offer, is veteran experience. But as great as having veteran experience is, let's be honest, he's been buried on the Hawks for most of it. Not exactly the best type of experience to bring to the table.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11
Jump to: