Who will get the open roster spot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
^ Tell me agian why we traded a promising 21 year old center with great hands for an average 3 point shooting semi big that does not rebound and we are not signing next season????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I support the FO, but this trade was strange. Muscala is ok...but we drafted Wagner who was supposed to be what Muscala was traded for. Obviously Wagner hasn't panned out and when you see that we could have drafted Shamet or Melton, who I believe would be playing some, then yes you have to question some of these moves.

Wagner hasn't even played a whole lot, he might still pan out. At this point, I guess it was salary dump
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Since no one has been signed yet, can we just assume that the FO is just floundering at this point? Making a move to make a move? What was the rush? The AS break was a perfect time to integrate a player if they had one in mind, so obviously it was not planned.

There seems to be no reason in creating the roster spot. They didn't have anyone lined up like they did with Chandler.

Muscala is an interesting move but not really an impact player because he is only mediocre at his most important skill of 3pt % and adds little else in any other area of the game. Really puzzling.

So they jettisoned an emerging role player for a player they are not intending on keeping anyways? Must be some context that I am missing because this seems a waste of resources with no real plan?

Will be interesting to see how the Lakers centers play against HOU big men tomorrow. Being reported Capela back.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

I saw Jodie Meeks signed a 10 day today with Toronto....how late in the season can we sign 10 day deals?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Since no one has been signed yet, can we just assume that the FO is just floundering at this point? Making a move to make a move? What was the rush? The AS break was a perfect time to integrate a player if they had one in mind, so obviously it was not planned.

There seems to be no reason in creating the roster spot. They didn't have anyone lined up like they did with Chandler.

Muscala is an interesting move but not really an impact player because he is only mediocre at his most important skill of 3pt % and adds little else in any other area of the game. Really puzzling.

So they jettisoned an emerging role player for a player they are not intending on keeping anyways? Must be some context that I am missing because this seems a waste of resources with no real plan?

Will be interesting to see how the Lakers centers play against HOU big men tomorrow. Being reported Capela back.

Man that was quick..he was injured 1/13 and hes back? Was supposed to be our for 4-6 weeks. Lonzo was hurt 1/19...also 4-6 weeks.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Man that was quick..he was injured 1/13 and hes back? Was supposed to be our for 4-6 weeks. Lonzo was hurt 1/19...also 4-6 weeks.

And as of last week Lonzo was only able to walk on one of those underwater treadmill devices still.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I saw Jodie Meeks signed a 10 day today with Toronto....how late in the season can we sign 10 day deals?

I remember Lakers signing Vander Blue or Jabari Brown on a 10 day contract on April years ago. I assume you can sign 10 day deals anytime you want but the players on that contract that late won't be able to participate in the playoffs even if you sign them into long term deals.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

WE have 8 days left...

March 1 -- Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

ANDRE INGRAM
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Bennett / Bron would be entertaining to watch.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ANDRE INGRAM

lol. i seriously second this. like why not.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Good to see another poster joining the bandwagon although maybe not for the same reason.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Good to see another poster joining the bandwagon although maybe not for the same reason.

He seems like an intriguing player to bring into a training camp but if I'm being honest I highly doubt that a player who has seen immense pressure and zero success in the league is the best option to add to this team at this time. In fact I can't see Bennett or his people thinking that this is a good situation to throw him into.

I think he'd benefit most from a place he can go and just play with as little pressure as possible. Work his way back slowly. The Lakers with Lebron James trying to make a playoff push with their backs against the wall is the opposite of that.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

He seems like an intriguing player to bring into a training camp but if I'm being honest I highly doubt that a player who has seen immense pressure and zero success in the league is the best option to add to this team at this time. In fact I can't see Bennett or his people thinking that this is a good situation to throw him into.

I think he'd benefit most from a place he can go and just play with as little pressure as possible. Work his way back slowly. The Lakers with Lebron James trying to make a playoff push with their backs against the wall is the opposite of that.

Agree with everything you stated but it depends on what options he actually has. What teams are interested.

The reason I mention him is with a 10 day that can be extended to 20 total you would be able to get a good evaluation of him for next season. Regardless if he gets in a game or not practice will provide a lot of info (work habits, bbiq, personality, skills) to determine if he is worthy of a preseason camp invite.

I am also considering that we will lose some of the young core through trades this off season and this is a good time to start evaluating potential replacements. Doesn't have to be AB per se but some young vet who for one reason or another have yet to establish themselves on a roster.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I would like to get Zach Randolph. We need a nasty no nonsense enforcer on the team.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I would like to get Zach Randolph. We need a nasty no nonsense enforcer on the team.

if he has some left in the tank I'm for it

not like there's much else out there
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
WE have 8 days left...

March 1 -- Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline

Melo in Siberia doing the Rocky IV workout trying to get ready
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

At this point, since we striked out in all the useful veterans, I'd prefer we sign a young guy that can show something for next season (or play Bonga and Wagner IDK).

I think not signing Melo is a must not because of his play, but to show LeBron who's in charge. That's needed after the AD/Rich Paul fiasco.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

We are not going to sign a young guy for this stretch run. It makes no sense if they do. We are going to look for someone with experience and hopefully playoff experience. I think we are headed towards a Zach Randolph, Carmelo, Jarret jack, etc.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

As crazy as it sounds Swaggy P wouldn't be bad either. Another shooter, wild card, laker lifer, get's along with everyone, could sway a game or two in our favor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Uh, no to Swaggy.
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
As crazy as it sounds Swaggy P wouldn't be bad either. Another shooter, wild card, laker lifer, get's along with everyone, could sway a game or two in our favor.

I would not mind.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Uh, no to Swaggy.

uhh, yes to NBA World Champion Swaggy
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Uh, no to Swaggy.

Yes - Let's get our "Swagggg" back!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Uh, no to Swaggy.

We have enough world champions.

Don't need Swaggy messing around with Lonzo/Kuz/BI and we get Snapchatgate v.2.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Emplay says we are after DeAndre Jordan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: