The Level of Hatred Around the Country
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
The Lakers are hated???!!! I'm shocked.

The Davis thing is business. His agent and the Lakers tried to strong arm an also-ran franchise and it didn't work. OK, go back to our transaction corner, rest up, and get ready to get back into the next round when the bell goes off this summer.

New Orleans' leverage just decreased dramatically. Is Danny Ainge really going to give them most of his team without a commitment from Davis going forward? I doubt it. And apparently Davis' father hates the C's anyway after they dumped Isaiah Thomas after he got hurt. Does that factor in at all?

The strong try to crush the weak in business and life every day. So New Orleans stuck to their guns. Good for them. Now let's see going forward how smart they were to do that. In the end, the Lakers will still be the Lakers, and the Hornets will be whatever they are.

If Davis doesn't wind up a Laker by summer 2021 it will be because he didn't really want it in the first place.

Meanwhile, LeBron and the rest of the Lakers need to get back to work and go try to win a title THIS YEAR. That's why they're getting paid. The org should be paying close attention as to who the grown-ups in purple and gold are as we move into the playoffs.

Who the Hornets will be is a team playing in Charlotte. You have it wrong, the business here is the NBA, not the franchises. One franchise cannot crush another for the NBA to succeed. Dr. Buss understood that perfectly well, that is why the movements made to allow the big markets to subsidize the small markets were things he strongly supported. He recognized that without the small market teams, there would be no NBA and there would be no Lakers.

Call it whatever you like, the Lakers and Klutch Sports attempted a power play on NO and it wasn't designed to be a "win win", it was designed for the Lakers/Klutch to win by getting the superstar in the deal and setting up the next super team. In a two-team trade with only one superstar involved, the team that gets the superstar usually wins.

Yes, Dr. Buss was very influential in helping the NBA. Then we saw how Stern repaid his franchise during the Chris Paul fiasco. Business. Power. Them's the breaks.

We'll see what happens. Maybe NO will get a better offer going forward for Davis and they'll be the winners. If he walks as a free agent in a year, that's certainly not a win.
Greyhound
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
So after living in Orange County for 15 years I can't have an opinion about it without it coming from a perceived LA bias? So silly.

Sure you can. I didn't say that or suggest otherwise. Just saying that everyone has their own justification for their negative perceptions about other cities.

There's nothing special or unique about Angelenos.

Oh so you're having a different conversation than the rest of us. Ok. Enjoy?

No, you said that Angelenos bashing other cities is virtually non-existent and in the following post you went on to bash the first "city" (if we can call OC that) next to LA as a beige paradise.

Maybe you're just the one exception in LA that feels that way? I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say probably not. Heh.

You are deeply confused as to the conversation that is taking place and have demonstrated an inability to understand the written word in context. It's the full ringfinger.

Not really man. You suggest that Angelenos are some special kind of group and that city hatred is only ever directed at LA but not from it. Oh, but in the cases where you do do it, it's with "merit".

That's the type of smugness the OP (not me) was referring to, BTW.

Too much smog out there, perhaps? I kid, relax.

You remain confused not only about what I said, but about the premise of the discussion we were having. You either haven't gone back to re-read and correct your confusion or you aren't capable of grasping this fairly simple concept. Either way, shoo.

Not him, but what's the discussion here? A critique by someone who gathers random girls for a photo to send to some other nutbag in Ohio? I'm going to have to go grab my copy of the latest edition of the DSM.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dude, I know you hate Magic, but this phenomenon predated Maginka.

Again, it's really easy to call someone a hater, isn't it? Anyway, I understand the appeal of a persecution complex, but the reality is that the Lakers have made an awful lot of trades over the years. Furthermore, what we're talking about right now is Anthony Davis. If you choose to disregard the behavior of Magic and Rich Paul, then there isn't much that I can say that is going to reach you.

As the OP/thread starter I can affirmatively and with knowledge state that the underlying premise of the thread is that the hatred is historical, predating Rob & Maginka. It's easy to typify YOU as a hater because the overwhelming references you make towards Magic are negative.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Greyhound wrote:
ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ocho wrote:
So after living in Orange County for 15 years I can't have an opinion about it without it coming from a perceived LA bias? So silly.

Sure you can. I didn't say that or suggest otherwise. Just saying that everyone has their own justification for their negative perceptions about other cities.

There's nothing special or unique about Angelenos.

Oh so you're having a different conversation than the rest of us. Ok. Enjoy?

No, you said that Angelenos bashing other cities is virtually non-existent and in the following post you went on to bash the first "city" (if we can call OC that) next to LA as a beige paradise.

Maybe you're just the one exception in LA that feels that way? I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say probably not. Heh.

You are deeply confused as to the conversation that is taking place and have demonstrated an inability to understand the written word in context. It's the full ringfinger.

Not really man. You suggest that Angelenos are some special kind of group and that city hatred is only ever directed at LA but not from it. Oh, but in the cases where you do do it, it's with "merit".

That's the type of smugness the OP (not me) was referring to, BTW.

Too much smog out there, perhaps? I kid, relax.

You remain confused not only about what I said, but about the premise of the discussion we were having. You either haven't gone back to re-read and correct your confusion or you aren't capable of grasping this fairly simple concept. Either way, shoo.

Not him, but what's the discussion here? A critique by someone who gathers random girls for a photo to send to some other nutbag in Ohio? I'm going to have to go grab my copy of the latest edition of the DSM.

I'm sorry that we forced you to sift through 4 pages of a thread that you find purposeless. Please feel free to leave this discussion.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
As the OP/thread starter I can affirmatively and with knowledge state that the underlying premise of the thread is that the hatred is historical, predating Rob & Maginka. It's easy to typify YOU as a hater because the overwhelming references you make towards Magic are negative.

Wow. I guess we have a whole bunch of haters these days. The next few months are going to be difficult for you.

Anyway, the fact that you are the OP/thread starter increases the weight of your opinion by a multiple of one.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I love L.A. and the people who don't get it, or don't like it are more than likely just tools who when visiting here, didn't get past the doorman at skybar back in the day or say, Sayers club these days, or couldn't get a Res at Dan Tanas on a friday night.

It'd be cool if some of these rubes just said: " Hmmm, Maybe L.A. just isn't my thing"...
Instead of: " man, people in L.A. are so shallow, the homeless situation sucks, traffic sucks, too expensive..."

That's how you can spot a hater
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

As you can see, there exist multiple threats for the health and shape of your skin able to make it look old https://whatroseknows.com/platinum-beaute-review/ . Some heavy factors may even turn the skin to appear older than it actually is. Of course, no woman wants that to happen.

Last edited by Peppe89 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Level of Hatred Around the Country

Dr. Laker wrote:
My office is in walking distance of USC, so I ran outside, gathered 6 tweakers and 2 violent hobos. got raped once, murdered three times, and bought some pills off of a USC medical school dean

fixed

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Peppe89 wrote:
In Eastern Europe everybody knows only 2 NBA clubs - LA Lakers and Chicago Bulls.
And only 3 NBA players - Kobe, Shaquille and Michael Jordan

Here it's Kobe, Iverson and Jordan
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Level of Hatred Around the Country

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
My office is in walking distance of USC, so I ran outside, gathered 6 tweakers and 2 violent hobos. got raped once, murdered three times, and bought some pills off of a USC medical school dean

fixed

You haven't been near USC recently (or have not gotten out of your car there). They've had their friendly alumni real estate developers quietly buy up all the houses and businesses around them over the last 10 years. They've gentrified the hell out of the area, turning it into "Eastwood."
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

I joined this site years ago. I had been a Kobe fan even before he declared himself available for the NBA draft. I saw him in HS, and knew I was looking at something very, very different.

I recall things very vividly like Rick Bucher coming onto ESPN, and reporting that Kobe was 'tearing it up during pre-draft CAMP- he hadn't yet had his pre-draft team workouts, I don't think - and forcing teams to reconsider their stances on drafting a guard out of high school.'

I remember Kobe tearing it up in the summer league his rookie year, and reading about it in my local South Carolina newspaper.

I recall being half asleep during a 96 preseason game at the Great Western Forum, against the Sixer ... when Kobe checked in. That kid was a turnover machine back then, but he was extremely electrifying. Up to that point, I had never seen someone that height with that kind of ball-handling wizardry, and he combined it with the acrobatic layups ... and one of my favorite dunks for a long time...

....he caught no. 7 Mark Davis on the right wing, crossed him over, and exploded for a lean dunk that sent the forum into a (bleep) frenzy. He also hurt himself that game, 'cause he was trying to do something spectacular every play. LOL

I said ALL of that to say, I've had a connection to LA for years, because of Kobe Bryant.

The hate for Kobe went deeper than basketball, and it started his second year, when he grew the afro. People didn't hate LA so much back then, so much as they hated Kobe. I vividly recall being in college in 1998, and the Lakers were playing a game against the Warriors. They were being blown out BADLY, and my next door neighbor in my dorm and his friends were LOVING it. Kobe ran knee first into Eric Dampier, and those guys were so happy. I could only look at them in disbelief, 'cause I never saw people so happy to see a player get hurt - let alone someone who wasn't even a starter on his own team.

Over the coming years, the hate for Kobe grew significantly. There was just a deep, irrational hatred for Kobe Bryant. I remember a chick I was just getting to know, who didn't even WATCH basketball telling me after I asked her if she was into basketball, 'I don't like basketball, but I hate Kobe Bryant.'.

<---- My response.

Hating Kobe was fashionable. So, Lebron fans who think Lebron is hated need to know Kobe was MORE hated, because hatred for him extended OFF THE COURT, and it was before there were even any 'justifiable' excuses like him 'snitching on Shaq' or the incident in Colorado. I know, because as a Kobe fan, I was engaged in debates and outright arguments about him that seem to always go off the rails of logic into emotional rants about crap that had nothing to do with how good he was.

Shaq, on the other hand, was beloved - so it wasn't an LA thing as much as it was a Kobe thing. At first, anyway.

Once LA started winning at the beginning of the Phil era, the hate for all things Lakers certainly increased - though Shaq did maintain a fairly high approval rating.

As for the city of Los Angeles being hated, I do think that is a real thing, but I don't think the reasons are the same for all people. I think New Yorkers, for instance, have a ridiculous superiority complex, but can't dismiss LA like they can most cities, because of their weather compared to LA's. It's also because they are the two cities that loom the largest, so comparisons to each other are inevitable.

Personally, I EAAASSSILY prefer the weather of LA/So-Cal more, but love the city of New York more than the city of LA. Put LA's weather in NYC, and I'd probably never look in LA's direction - but NYC doesn't have LA's weather. LA is a great, great city, though... so when you combine that with the weather, it does win out over NYC overall. Like, to me, on a scale of 1 to 10, the city of LA is a 9, and the city of New York is like a 9.8. However, LA's weather is a 10, and New York's weather is a 1. LOLOLOL.

On the flip side, as much as I don't like NY people, I dislike a certain segment of LA's people more. Shallowness is almost celebrated, and hyper-liberal aspects of LA make my stomach churn. I'm probably more left of center, and I can't stomach the many of the people. There are a lot of 'normal' people in LA, who are cool - but, once again, as bad as New Yorkers can be, the abrasive realness of NYers is easily more tolerable than the crap I've experienced in Los Angeles.

I'll even go as far as saying, when people leave the eastern seaboard for the West Coast, they become contaminated by whatever it is in the LA water that make certain LA types unlikable.

I think because there are so many stars in LA, that many people in LA feel like that hipness and coolness rubs off on them because of proximity. Think about it, calling someone 'Hollywood' is a disparaging term.

...to end on a nice note, I will say that, though they are off the charts in terms of obnoxiousness, there are endless drop dead gorgeous women in the city of Angels.

Last edited by AQuestSupreme on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

As someone who lives in the Midwest, most NBA fans from this region are bandwagon. Hating the Lakers (especially Kobe) is a right of passage. These people are fake Bulls(Jordan) fans who became Sixers fans who became Kings fans who became Rocket fans who became Nuggets fans who became Cavalier fans. The only reason these people are not Warrior fans is because their open window of time as Cavalier fans was long enough to believe they were die-hard.

These people have no team of their own or any pride so they will root for anything successful at the time.

Since LeBron has become a Laker, there is all of a sudden a bunch of Laker jerseys being sold in places I've never was able to even grab a hat from once before. It's all bandwagon. Even on this site... Join dates of Oct and Nov of 2018 are LeBron fans masquerading as Lakers fans.

If you are debating with a real fan, you'll know. Same with a fake bandwagon fan. I get what the OP is saying because it's real.

Real fans show love. Nothing compares to the feeling of walking through an airport and having real conversations with from REAL fans from rival teams.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

It's a pretty amorphous idea, comparing "levels" of national team hate or bias. I'll give it a shot though.

I think it's pretty hard to figure out. We all have some sort of regional or localized built-in bias for sports teams and schools. Until you travel the country a lot, there's no way to really know how you look to others. I'm a LA borne and raised old guy. I spent a year and a half in Boston in the nineties over the course of four years. A discovery was that there was a perverse sports mindset going on there, very different from here.

Bostonians seem to hate outsiders pretty deep and hard, and pretty much hate any team not from their area a whole lot too. Hell, they seemed to hate each other in Boston at any given moment too. It was one angry resentful place. I doubt I've seen anything quite like it elsewhere except in isolated rural areas of the American South and Appalachia.

If there's a place where the Lakers were disliked more - and dismissed more as well as an inconsequential second best franchise - I've not found it. Boston was the heart of Laker dislike. Leads me to think that historical rivalries tend to create deeply-felt emotions.

In Los Angeles, I'd say that our most passionate Laker fans can only aspire to become haters of other clubs in the same sense I saw in Boston. There's more diversity of sports interest here than in Boston, and our weather seems to keep us generally happier than back East. Far more Angelenos have only passing interest in our sports teams than elsewhere. May we never descend into the pervasive, perverse, isolationist brand of Bostonian hate for other teams.

JMO.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I think it's pretty hard to figure out. We all have some sort of regional or localized built-in bias for sports teams and schools. Until you travel the country a lot, there's no way to really know how you look to others. I'm a LA borne and raised old guy. I spent a year and a half in Boston in the nineties over the course of four years. A discovery was that there was a perverse sports mindset going on there, very different from here.

This is true. Boston has a sports mentality unlike anything I’ve seen outside of some aspects of European football. Bill Simmons is the personification of Boston sports culture.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Peppe89 wrote:
In Eastern Europe everybody knows only 2 NBA clubs - LA Lakers and Chicago Bulls.
And only 3 NBA players - Kobe, Shaquille and Michael Jordan

What about Dirk? Seemed like everyone was a Mavs fan when I lived out there (Budapest and Prague).
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
PartyMan wrote:
How many Finals have we been in?

It's understandable honestly. Unless you're a fan, everyone dislikes the Patriots. It's old seeing them in the Super Bowl almost every year.

Comes with the territory.

It seems to be a higher degree of hatred towards the Lakers, however. We really haven't been relevant in 7+ years, but the hatred never lessens.

No one hates on the Rams, and other than a few people who carp about their bottomless payroll, the Dodgers either, or the Angels. It's all about being the "evil empire". Partly from winning, partly from being a west coast team in an east coast game, partly from Stern and the biased media perpetuating it, etc. It doesn't help that much like New Yorkers, LA people have a particularly smug sensibility about their city (see the OP's descriptors) and a disdain for those outside it that tends to make people have it in for them too. There's the feeling among both cities that everyone really wants to be there and is just jealous. It's certainly true of some people, but there are a lot of us who live where we do because we actually prefer it to either place.
but with that being said. everyone does want to live in Los Angeles. they just dont want to pay the high prices. if there were some way to get rid of the insane prices. we would have even more people to find housing for in Los Angeles. Sure there are a few people who literally LOVE where they currently live. But there is no way in hell you can tell me you love living in -2 degree weather. PERIOD . dont lie to yourself, dont lie to me. and because that humidity is insane down by the south east. there is no other better way to enjoy your hot months but to do it without that insane humidity but still be by the beach.

Its simple. When you live in L.A. you have access to all of california. meaning whatever TYPE of living you like you can have along with the great weather. when you hear most people talk about how they never want to live here. they are lying. all you have to do is keep talking to them and they will start to expose those lies and the hate they have. a lot of people are also lying to themselves about it. It's ok, we'll welcome you with open arms. And i could care less if this message upsets others that dont live here. You and I both know MOST people want to live in a warmer weather climate year round and would like to enjoy lots of amenities if they could afford to(assuming it wasnt so dang expensive here).

I lived in LA at different times in my life and it was enjoyable while I was there but It's not my favorite. Not everyone is like you or thinks like you. LA has many problems I just didn't like and I wouldnt move back.

It's nice you have so much pride for your city but to say other people live only where they live because they're in denial is just not true.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? They can hate us all they want.
lakersrealm
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

i don't know, i hate socal traffic. lets get great public transportation all over America! lets build public transportation like tokyo, the mostly one person in a car thing is such a waste. lets have walkable, and good public transportation!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Y’all should listen to Windhorst’s latest podcast. He, Jackie Macmullan and Tim McMahon all wistfully agree that teams hate the Lakers. They just dismiss it but at least they acknowledge it.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
The problem with LA is mostly due to transplants coming here and being obnoxious.

Root cause! Case in point, Hermosa + Manhattan Beach. Infested with wanna be actors and such from Midwest and east coast. Then, when reality sets in that movie and music industry is super cutthroat and all they have to show for their great migration is a waiter job + Uber, the bitterness set in. Oh boy, nothing is as bitter and cold as east coast / Midwest.

Worst part is visitors then see these transplants acting bitter and snobbish when they go to these beaches and brand all Angelenos as “obnoxious snowflakes” or coastal elites. Not knowing they are actually talking about people from their own home states, not natives. Most natives are nothing like what you see in Hermosa, WeHo, or Hollywood. Most of those are transplants.

The worst? Boston transplants. There is a reason the term MassH***s was coined. The level of superiority complex these kids have is off the charts. Even have some of my New Yorkers shake their heads at these massh***es. They like to brag how they run Cali (NE does have lots of old money... daddy’s $$ that is).

I lived in NYK for big chunk of my career. It is an electric and lively city. Love the vibe. 2nd best city in America even discounting weather out. But let’s be real, they do suffer from Dunning-Kruger effect more than anyone. See Orange boy in office. They know of no world west of the Hudson.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersrealm wrote:
i don't know, i hate socal traffic. lets get great public transportation all over America! lets build public transportation like tokyo, the mostly one person in a car thing is such a waste. lets have walkable, and good public transportation!

Southern California used to have the largest mass transit system in the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Electric
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Los Angeles, Hollywood, Weather, Beaches, Nightlife, Hot Women, Culture, Lakers, Winning, Championships = Hate.

Plenty of places have nice looking women "night life" (whatever that entails?) Culture (is there a place that doesn't have this?)....I don't think people dislike LA for any of those reasons lol.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
The problem with LA is mostly due to transplants coming here and being obnoxious.

Root cause! Case in point, Hermosa + Manhattan Beach. Infested with wanna be actors and such from Midwest and east coast. Then, when reality sets in that movie and music industry is super cutthroat and all they have to show for their great migration is a waiter job + Uber, the bitterness set in. Oh boy, nothing is as bitter and cold as east coast / Midwest.

Worst part is visitors then see these transplants acting bitter and snobbish when they go to these beaches and brand all Angelenos as “obnoxious snowflakes” or coastal elites. Not knowing they are actually talking about people from their own home states, not natives. Most natives are nothing like what you see in Hermosa, WeHo, or Hollywood. Most of those are transplants.

The worst? Boston transplants. There is a reason the term MassH***s was coined. The level of superiority complex these kids have is off the charts. Even have some of my New Yorkers shake their heads at these massh***es. They like to brag how they run Cali (NE does have lots of old money... daddy’s $$ that is).

I lived in NYK for big chunk of my career. It is an electric and lively city. Love the vibe. 2nd best city in America even discounting weather out. But let’s be real, they do suffer from Dunning-Kruger effect more than anyone. See Orange boy in office. They know of no world west of the Hudson.

Meh I've been to New York and didn't enjoy it at all, even being a Yankee fan it's no place I'd want to live. It has some fun sights to see, but it's dirty, congested, dull and grey. That works for some people but I guess I am more partial to my woods, mountains, trees, fields, streams etc...
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Just giving a perspective from outside the USA, the Lakers hate goes beyond the LA hate.

When I talk to friends or even in online communities, people who never lived in the US, there's no doubt the Lakers are the most hated team in basketball, but IMO it has a lot to do with winning.

NBA is well balanced League and only 2 team won more than 6 chips in its history, but Celtics won most of them in a distant 1960's. Lakers, OTOH, have been consistently winning for the past 40+ years. We were bottom feeders for some years and people were glad to see "Lakers can suffer a little bit, too".

Now, with LeBron and the perspective of landing another superstar, their reaction is more like "c'mon, not these guys again...".

Another example: lots of people "hate" the Warriors today, coz they're winning everything, but did't give a crap about them for 40 years. If the Raptors build a powerhouse and win 4 chips in a row, many will start to hate them.

In NFL, the Patriots are hated because they are the best team of the past 15 years, before that, nobody cared about them, people hated the Cowboys or the 49ers.

And, don't get me started on the Yankees...

Everybody wants to win. When you're losing and you see others winning all the time, jealousy and hate strikes.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker, I really have liked many of your recent posts. There is undoubtedly hatred towards the Lakers. Ever since Showtime, there has been a disdain throughout the country. This is not surprising as fans are jealous. Just like people hate the NE Patriots (who I hate and I live twenty minutes from Foxboro). What is surprising to me is the BS posts on OUR site about Magic. This man not only put the Lakers on the map, but in reality, put the NBA on the map. The continuous posts slamming the man are nauseating to say the least. If folks want to spew venom about the man (although I disagree), fine. Just don't jump back on the bus when we raise a banner next season. Stick to what you said and do not be a bandwagon jumper.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: