Magic to have meeting with team about AD saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Apparently same thing is going on with Boston (prob the younger guys):

“The goal has to be to win,” Morris said. “Bottom line. We’ve gotta play to win. That’s sacrificing playing hard, that’s sacrificing being a better teammate, that’s sacrificing whatever it is. We have to put it to the side. No one’s getting traded. The trade deadline’s over. We’re competing for a championship. And that’s how we’ve gotta approach these games. Win, lose or draw, man. We’re going to lose games, but we don’t have no attitude, we don’t have no toughness, we ain’t having fun. It’s been a long season.” – via The Athletic

Psychologically, it's an interesting position. The Lakers young core were dangled out there, and are now probably relieved to know they at least have 30 more games in a Laker jersey. They can settle in.

On Boston side, they're probably dreading the end of the season, knowing with each passing game they're closer to being traded. This might affect them more as the season unwinds.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
governator wrote:

“The goal has to be to win,” Morris said. “Bottom line. We’ve gotta play to win. That’s sacrificing playing hard, that’s sacrificing being a better teammate, that’s sacrificing whatever it is. We have to put it to the side. No one’s getting traded. The trade deadline’s over. We’re competing for a championship. And that’s how we’ve gotta approach these games. Win, lose or draw, man. We’re going to lose games, but we don’t have no attitude, we don’t have no toughness, we ain’t having fun. It’s been a long season.” – via The Athletic

Psychologically, it's an interesting position. The Lakers young core were dangled out there, and are now probably relieved to know they at least have 30 more games in a Laker jersey. They can settle in.

On Boston side, they're probably dreading the end of the season, knowing with each passing game they're closer to being traded. This might affect them more as the season unwinds.

Kinda true cause everybody (at least in LG) knows Lakers best chance to get AD was before Boston jump in... now it’s all about getting that max FA. The MLE prob a fight between Rondo (might get paid more elsewhere), McGee vs Lance vs Bullock. Tyson 36/37 yrs ol prob would take a min. Boston FO cut throat style getting announced on the open
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
It was interesting watching the Boston game. I noticed guys who didn't seem to want to defer to Lebron (Ingram and Kuzma) just for the sake of it, and they were decisively and unapologetically putting up shots. Good or bad, real or imagined, that's what they need to do for their own growth to not be dependent on anyone else.

Meantime, I wouldn't trust mgmt or Lebron if I was any of them. They're all pawns.

I know someone else already proposed it, but I'd have been perfectly happy trading Lebron for Davis, straight up. I think THAT would be a really good team, better than if they traded the youngsters away.

We would be much better if Magic did that.

Magic didn't do that because Magic's not an idiot.

I for one will enjoy the tears shed by Lebron haters over the next 3.5 years. If you can't get over past rivalries to support your team, you deserve to be crying for the next 3+ years

I'm hip to what your job is here on this site. Your join date says it all. Why not let us true Laker fans discuss Laker business and you can stick to covering up lebron's stench.

Ad hominem's are the sanctuary of the ill informed. But whatever, let's go there.

I'm not talking to a Laker fan, I'm talking to a Kobe stan. Kobe stans put their arousal of all things Kobe over the interest of the team. Many of them go root for our rivals and those that do are nothing but sell outs and (bleep) traitors. If Kobe himself has welcomed Lebron to the team and you can't because of some ancient fetish, then you can gladly piss off.

As for my job on the forum? I've made no secret that Ingram is my favorite member of the team. I joined purely because of the misinformation Kobe stans were spreading about Lebron early on in the season, because being misinformed seems to be part of their job description. Otherwise Reddit's a superior forum

You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Magic is my favorite Laker and player of all time. After that it's Kareem. I can tell you're not a Laker fan because if you were you'd never use the term "stan" when referring to someone who brought us 5 championships and keep covering for someone who hasn't done anything for us. I hope you, Colin Coward, Nick Wright, Shannon Sharpe and Chris Broussard are at least getting paid to do what you're doing.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
It was interesting watching the Boston game. I noticed guys who didn't seem to want to defer to Lebron (Ingram and Kuzma) just for the sake of it, and they were decisively and unapologetically putting up shots. Good or bad, real or imagined, that's what they need to do for their own growth to not be dependent on anyone else.

Meantime, I wouldn't trust mgmt or Lebron if I was any of them. They're all pawns.

I know someone else already proposed it, but I'd have been perfectly happy trading Lebron for Davis, straight up. I think THAT would be a really good team, better than if they traded the youngsters away.

I for one will enjoy the tears shed by Lebron haters over the next 3.5 years. If you can't get over past rivalries to support your team, you deserve to be crying for the next 3+ years

I'm hip to what your job is here on this site. Your join date says it all. Why not let us true Laker fans discuss Laker business and you can stick to covering up lebron's stench.

Ad hominem's are the sanctuary of the ill informed. But whatever, let's go there.

I'm not talking to a Laker fan, I'm talking to a Kobe stan. Kobe stans put their arousal of all things Kobe over the interest of the team. Many of them go root for our rivals and those that do are nothing but sell outs and (bleep) traitors. If Kobe himself has welcomed Lebron to the team and you can't because of some ancient fetish, then you can gladly piss off.

As for my job on the forum? I've made no secret that Ingram is my favorite member of the team. I joined purely because of the misinformation Kobe stans were spreading about Lebron early on in the season, because being misinformed seems to be part of their job description. Otherwise Reddit's a superior forum

You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Magic is my favorite Laker and player of all time. After that it's Kareem. I can tell you're not a Laker fan because if you were you'd never use the term "stan" when referring to someone who brought us 5 championships and keep covering for someone who hasn't done anything for us. I hope you, Colin Coward, Nick Wright, Shannon Sharpe and Chris Broussard are at least getting paid to do what you're doing.

I didn't use the word "stan" to describe Kobe, I used the word "stan" to describe you.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
drae wrote:
Yellow wrote:

LeBron aside, Jrue Holiday is far better than anybody on our roster. Mirotic and Randle are better than anybody on the roster.

How is AD + the core going to win anything? Newflash: only our fans think so highly of the young players on the team.

Yup. AD + our young core = the same situation Pelicans are in this year. Why would AD opt out to go into the exact same situation? Laughable stuff

So removing Lebron and AD, you think our team is exactly the same as the Pels?

No, I said he'd be in the same situation as the Pels. That is, not competing for a championship.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

I like Magic, Kobe AND Lebron. I know some of you think it's illegal to feel that way but it actually isn't.

Some of you folks should try it. Seriously.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Magic went all old-school on them

"Shut up y'all a bunch of babies"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Magic Johnson is in Philly, and spent time having 1-on-1 convos with players. He also spoke moments ago (airing on
@SpectrumSN
coming up), with a general message that the players are professionals, and he expects them to move on post deadline, and focus on winning games.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1094680854536818688
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

Magic can promise the young players he'll move them to teams where they can thrive, if he trades them at all. But that's the most Magic can really say. That's the business side of things.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
governator wrote:

Honestly, i don't see how the young guys' position here is any different. Everyone will be dangled for Davis and both franchises are essentially hoping the young guys aren't back next year (it means they got Davis).

I think the difference is Rondo. He's in the same position as the young guys ("I was in the trade offer too, i'm probably not back next year either") but is still going to play hard. He's gone through all this before multiple times. He was traded by a team he even won a championship with. Boston doesn't have a guy like this. I think if it weren't for Rondo, we'd be in the exact same position as Boston, except that Boston game would've been a massacre for us and the Celtics might have a little more spring in their step.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Anyone catch Magic on Sportsnet pregame?

More or less. I’m not hugging anyone. You got a job. Get into the playoffs.

Simple summary
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Simple summary

Magic has a job to do and so far he hasn't done much.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
YSong wrote:

Simple summary

Guess I beg differ. Think him and Rob are doing great
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
YSong wrote:

Simple summary

before injury struck us we were top 4 in the west. I think they did a great job so far...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
YSong wrote:

Simple summary

before injury struck us we were top 4 in the west. I think they did a great job so far...

The final judgement will come this summer.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I didn't use the word "stan" to describe Kobe, I used the word "stan" to describe you.

Get back to me when you take your nose out of lebrons rear end.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Get back to me when you get off Kobe's lap
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Magic Johnson is in Philly, and spent time having 1-on-1 convos with players. He also spoke moments ago (airing on
@SpectrumSN
coming up), with a general message that the players are professionals, and he expects them to move on post deadline, and focus on winning games.

The front office is just not professionals.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
@SpectrumSN

"I know I lied to ya'll faces... but it's part of the business. Now go try to win games for me."
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Guess Magic’s talk didn’t work.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

He should’ve talked to Luke. That clown of a coach lost the game on the 3rd cuz he decided our bench can outplay philly’s starters

The players were hindered by luke’s ineptitude
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Maybe he should have just shut up after Celtics game rather than open that subject again.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Phili has too many weapons, there is no way we could beat
them consistently; maybe if they have an off night but they're
loaded right now.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
drae wrote:
kwase wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Get back to me when you get off Kobe's lap

I see you have the same mentality as lebron....very mature of you.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
governator wrote:

Kinda true cause everybody (at least in LG) knows Lakers best chance to get AD was before Boston jump in... now it’s all about getting that max FA. The MLE prob a fight between Rondo (might get paid more elsewhere), McGee vs Lance vs Bullock. Tyson 36/37 yrs ol prob would take a min. Boston FO cut throat style getting announced on the open

I think it comes down to where AD wants to play. He could very well end up playing the next two years in New Orleans. I would think for the Pelicans to trade AD, he must be willing to forego his FA or else any team that is willing to trade for him is only getting a "rental." How much would a GM/Owner give up for just a rental? Hard to say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15
Jump to: