Magic to have meeting with team about AD saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

How does Magic tell Ball, Ingram, and Kuz that all three of them combine plus several first rounders and a bad contract coming back was only worth 1 AD to him?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
How does Magic tell Ball, Ingram, and Kuz that all three of them combine plus several first rounders and a bad contract coming back was only worth 1 AD to him?

And Hart and Zu (who they already got rid of)
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

And Hart and Zu (who they already got rid of)

Yeah. Forgot about those 2.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
“Make yourself untradeable”

Simple message

This.......

Why do we need to coddle these kids? The real message is "Grow the F up.....dont you know family still split up sometimes....dont you guys watch Opera?"
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

There’s no legitimate proof that was offered. There’s just as much proof it was falsely leaked by the Pels and Klutch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Well, even Tatum said he would trade himself for AD.

[Danny Ainges grins in the background...]
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Simple message

The problem with saying that is Klutch would have to allow them to keep that promise.

I personally think the "power" of Klutch is overblown. I think if LeBron was on a 1+1 deal then you're right, but he signed a 3 year deal with player option on the 4th.

I don’t think the Lakers offered what was reported. I think Klutch wanted them to though. I think Klutch already attempted their powerplay and it didn’t work. Brons locked in for at least 2 more years, Magic has time.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Simple message

This.......

Why do we need to coddle these kids? The real message is "Grow the F up.....dont you know family still split up sometimes....dont you guys watch Opera?"

The problem is that Klutch might be trying to get rid of them no matter how well they do.

We might not even be seriously trying for another free agent that we could get for free and only going for AD.

I think it would be totally fair for them to say... If you make the playoffs, and do well... win a few rounds... take GSW to 6 or 7 games... and we'll keep you...

That might be motivating.

Knowing that Klutch might control everything regardless of outcome... is the demoralizing issue right now.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

Players get traded all the time, and they didn't even get traded. Life does go on. They'll get over it. Well from last night it looks like they already have.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

BigGameHames wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

There’s no legitimate proof that was offered. There’s just as much proof it was falsely leaked by the Pels and Klutch.

I hope it was just a false rumor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
Knowing that Klutch might control everything regardless of outcome... is the demoralizing issue right now.

I think our YUTES have more mettle than what you're giving them.

They don't have to worry about that specter until July. There's a singular goal for them that matters right now.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah but I bet Tatum wouldn't trade himself and 7 assets for AD.
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

IF you can't handle the possibility of getting traded, you shouldn't be in the NBA.

I'll take your spot and make millions...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sigh. It's like a parrot just repeating the same black cloud sentiment.

Can we just move on my man? Did you even smile when we beat the Celts last night or were you thinking about the purported trade (which you don't even know if it is was true or not).
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I think our YUTES have more mettle than what you're giving them.

They don't have to worry about that specter until July. There's a singular goal for them that matters right now.

I think so too... they showed some last night.

But that's the only part that bugs me as a fan... is the feeling Klutch is gonna Klutch... and no else has any ultimate say in the matter.

If we were going for the best deal without their influence... I'd be fine trading the kids... if we objectively determined that without outside pressure.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Can we just move on my man? Did you even smile when we beat the Celts last night or were you thinking about the purported trade (which you don't even know if it is was true or not).

Yinoma you say the same things over and over as well... and you have 10X more posts to prove it.

You think everything's fine... I get that too... but you will continue to post at your ungodly pace just the same and I'm fine with that.

If LBJ left Klutch... I'd probably hardly post at all right now... but they are of grave concern to the franchise's welfare in my opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yinoma you say the same things over and over as well... and you have 10X more posts to prove it.

You think everything's fine... I get that too... but you will continue to post at your ungodly pace just the same and I'm fine with that.

If LBJ left Klutch... I'd probably hardly post at all right now... but they are of grave concern to the franchise's welfare in my opinion.

The chicken little act isn't cute anymore. It's a constant barrage. I discuss things in volume, but I discuss a variety of things and do not cut/paste same topics/lamentations over and over again.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Simple message

This.......

Like it or not - it's a different time and players have way more insight and input than they used to. Honestly there is no loyalty to them and they know if. The FO better mend that.

Take Ingram for example. Say he balls out, "puts his big boy pants on" and averages 25 for the rest of the season. What will happen? He's gone for AD in a heartbeat. What the hell does he care what Magic has to say or what the legacy of the Lakers is? His fate is the same and basically already decided. Just giving a point of view from their side.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The chicken little act isn't cute anymore. It's a constant barrage. I discuss things in volume, but I discuss a variety of things and do not cut/paste same topics/lamentations over and over again.

So do I... and don't appreciate your misrepresentation.

We've been playing nice... but if you want to go back to the old ways we can do that too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Listening to Rob talk to Bresnahan... if I were a player, it would just piss me off even more.

I hate listening to PR dudes and car salesmen.

I think Rob is an intelligent, likeable guy... but everything he said sounded like he was keeping all his options open for AD in the summer.

The only way he and Magic could save things from a morale standpoint would be to give up on the AD plan and go for another FA... or outright lie to them and say they gave up on it and then ship them out. (Which would be disgusting and morally reprehensible, but might work)

This politically correct double talk is so transparent.

Hopefully the players use the anger from listening to their bullsh*t to get to the playoffs and go on a long run to force Maginka to keep them.

But I think a disingenuous pep talk might have a backlash effect.

I think that no matter what Rob and or Magic say, everyone not named LeBron on that roster is going to have a weary eye out knowing their time could be coming. They know they are now pieces in this chess game of getting another superstar. Are they meaningless pawns, or rooks or bishops?

That said, I think they can also breathe a sigh of relief and know that at the very lease they are not going anywhere til June/July/August IF at all. So for 5-6 months they can relax. Judging by their performances last night, maybe they're not all that fazed on the court. I mean, the only guys who seem to have to wonder are BI, Kuz, Zo, Hart, Mo. The rest are all FA's this summer and KCP seems to have a get out of jail free card.

But look, I think if those said young players ball the F out, it's hard for any GM to trade them if they can just add a max player to that core + LeBron. So while it's not totally "they control their own destiny", in many respects, they can make it a very tough decision when and if that time comes that AD is back available.

I think we all agree here that adding one of Kawhi, KD, Klay, or Kyrie to this core is much better plan than trading it all for AD and then trying to waive/move anyone else to create cap for a 3rd guy. Hopefully we make the playoffs, avoid GS, and win a couple rounds. I still believe we are a top 3/4 WC team when healthy.

As unlikely as some not these FA's feel right now, trading for AD is also unlikely once the Celtics get into the mix... IF Kyrie doesn't walk and blow up their whole plan... so maybe the kids need to worry a whole lot less now than ever,

But that's the problem... because of Klutch... they don't know if the dice are loaded against them.

That is what has a demoralizing effect.

We don't know as fans.

I had given up all hope... but it looks like Maginka stood up to Klutch a little when they tried to force their hand by possibly leaking trade info.

But who wins the power struggle is still up in the air.

A fair fight... you make the playoffs and beat anyone who isn't GSW and you stay. This might be a good motivational tool.

But when Klutch might force the trade no matter how well they perform... short of winning a title, it doesn't have the most motivating effect.

I think, and no offense, but you you're being overly dramatic about it. Less to do about Rich Paul and more about Magic wanting superstars. Which is how you win the NBA Finals.

End of the day, this is LA Lakers and we've always been built on star power. We have the biggest name and one of the best in the history of the game who's still playing at an extremely high level. To get another true superstar, top 3-6 player in the NBA is enormous get for any franchise but one that is particularly fond it's stars and with the one we just signed.

Lonzo, BI, Kuz all have star quality but will any reach the heights of AD? Highly doubtful.

You put AD and LeBron together on the court, and the gravity of the game changes. All you really need are quality role players around them... however, Magic is (or was) still angling to get a 3rd guy which now even more so changes the geometry of the game and how teams can (try to) guard us.

So I think Magic has made so big blunders in this tenure so far and we don't need to re-hash them but I don't think he's in a power struggle with Klutch. I think their interests are very much aligned.

Good news is we made our play, it didn't work. Now we can just get back to playing our game and try to make a playoff run. This summer let's try to add a star, Kawhi or Kyrie, and then ;its see what's up with AD.
Klutch Sports Group
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So do I... and don't appreciate your misrepresentation.

We've been playing nice... but if you want to go back to the old ways we can do that too.

You do tend to post the same concerns you have on almost every thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:

No need to my man. What were the "old ways" that you're referring to?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

Simple message

This.......

The problem is that Klutch might be trying to get rid of them no matter how well they do.

We might not even be seriously trying for another free agent that we could get for free and only going for AD.

I think it would be totally fair for them to say... If you make the playoffs, and do well... win a few rounds... take GSW to 6 or 7 games... and we'll keep you...

That might be motivating.

Even if what you are saying is true.....what is the alternative for them? To start sucking at pro basketball?

The NBA is a business....its a business for both the teams and the players.......these youngins will eventually become free agents and they can do whatever the hell they want at that time and how they play now is going to affect what they make then......

They need to grow the F up and be professionals

Also....lets not act like the lakers do not take care of their own players......leave that kind of thing to the CELTICS.....the lakers gave a farewell tour to their star that nobody in the league even gets....but as fans we are supposed to believe that they dont take care of their players?

Come on man
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
2019 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Listening to Rob talk to Bresnahan... if I were a player, it would just piss me off even more.

I hate listening to PR dudes and car salesmen.

I think Rob is an intelligent, likeable guy... but everything he said sounded like he was keeping all his options open for AD in the summer.

The only way he and Magic could save things from a morale standpoint would be to give up on the AD plan and go for another FA... or outright lie to them and say they gave up on it and then ship them out. (Which would be disgusting and morally reprehensible, but might work)

This politically correct double talk is so transparent.

Hopefully the players use the anger from listening to their bullsh*t to get to the playoffs and go on a long run to force Maginka to keep them.

But I think a disingenuous pep talk might have a backlash effect.

I think that no matter what Rob and or Magic say, everyone not named LeBron on that roster is going to have a weary eye out knowing their time could be coming. They know they are now pieces in this chess game of getting another superstar. Are they meaningless pawns, or rooks or bishops?

That said, I think they can also breathe a sigh of relief and know that at the very lease they are not going anywhere til June/July/August IF at all. So for 5-6 months they can relax. Judging by their performances last night, maybe they're not all that fazed on the court. I mean, the only guys who seem to have to wonder are BI, Kuz, Zo, Hart, Mo. The rest are all FA's this summer and KCP seems to have a get out of jail free card.

But look, I think if those said young players ball the F out, it's hard for any GM to trade them if they can just add a max player to that core + LeBron. So while it's not totally "they control their own destiny", in many respects, they can make it a very tough decision when and if that time comes that AD is back available.

I think we all agree here that adding one of Kawhi, KD, Klay, or Kyrie to this core is much better plan than trading it all for AD and then trying to waive/move anyone else to create cap for a 3rd guy. Hopefully we make the playoffs, avoid GS, and win a couple rounds. I still believe we are a top 3/4 WC team when healthy.

As unlikely as some not these FA's feel right now, trading for AD is also unlikely once the Celtics get into the mix... IF Kyrie doesn't walk and blow up their whole plan... so maybe the kids need to worry a whole lot less now than ever,

But that's the problem... because of Klutch... they don't know if the dice are loaded against them.

That is what has a demoralizing effect.

We don't know as fans.

I had given up all hope... but it looks like Maginka stood up to Klutch a little when they tried to force their hand by possibly leaking trade info.

But who wins the power struggle is still up in the air.

A fair fight... you make the playoffs and beat anyone who isn't GSW and you stay. This might be a good motivational tool.

But when Klutch might force the trade no matter how well they perform... short of winning a title, it doesn't have the most motivating effect.

I think, and no offense, but you you're being overly dramatic about it. Less to do about Rich Paul and more about Magic wanting superstars. Which is how you win the NBA Finals.

End of the day, this is LA Lakers and we've always been built on star power. We have the biggest name and one of the best in the history of the game who's still playing at an extremely high level. To get another true superstar, top 3-6 player in the NBA is enormous get for any franchise but one that is particularly fond it's stars and with the one we just signed.

Lonzo, BI, Kuz all have star quality but will any reach the heights of AD? Highly doubtful.

You put AD and LeBron together on the court, and the gravity of the game changes. All you really need are quality role players around them... however, Magic is (or was) still angling to get a 3rd guy which now even more so changes the geometry of the game and how teams can (try to) guard us.

So I think Magic has made so big blunders in this tenure so far and we don't need to re-hash them but I don't think he's in a power struggle with Klutch. I think their interests are very much aligned.

Good news is we made our play, it didn't work. Now we can just get back to playing our game and try to make a playoff run. This summer let's try to add a star, Kawhi or Kyrie, and then ;its see what's up with AD.

I said only yesterday... although I wouldn't like it... I would understand trading only Kuzma/BI/Zo for AD... (now that we lost Svi and Zu, I'm even less inclined to want to trade them today)

I also said... if we were making room to combine Kyrie with AD and lost everyone... I could justify that move as well.

What I was concerned about is trading everyone and only having AD/LBJ and the 25 million. I'm not saying it's impossible to create a good team... but it would seem like a risky plan.

My rants about Klutch have been somewhat validated by media reports yesterday.

I have no problem if we strike out on the other FAs... and AD is the only other option... and we make a reasonable trade (not those ridiculous 5 player plus picks, plus bad contract offers)... knowing... that no one wanted to come.

However, if I find out later that we never pursued other avenues aggressively and only tried for Klutch's client... that is what will make me feel cheated as a fan... and disappointed.

The free agent plus LBJ plus core should be the first plan.

If no agents come... then trade for AD if the price is fair.

But these AD or bust scenarios like we saw leaked this week...

I simply think they aren't great for our franchise.

Yeah maybe I've been too dramatic and abrasive... but sometimes that's what you need to make people wake up.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Bull. This is a make-or-miss league. If they play championship caliber basketball, there's no need to make a trade. If they don't, then bring in players who will.

I HATED LOSING EDDIE JONES - but I damned sure stood for that parade in DTLA after the 2000 Championship!

The "core" has two choices - get better or get out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: