Magic to have meeting with team about AD saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Klutch Sports Group wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, even Tatum said he would trade himself for AD.

[Danny Ainges grins in the background...]

Yeah but I bet Tatum wouldn't trade himself and 7 assets for AD.

Sigh. It's like a parrot just repeating the same black cloud sentiment.

Can we just move on my man? Did you even smile when we beat the Celts last night or were you thinking about the purported trade (which you don't even know if it is was true or not).

Yinoma you say the same things over and over as well... and you have 10X more posts to prove it.

You think everything's fine... I get that too... but you will continue to post at your ungodly pace just the same and I'm fine with that.

If LBJ left Klutch... I'd probably hardly post at all right now... but they are of grave concern to the franchise's welfare in my opinion.

The chicken little act isn't cute anymore. It's a constant barrage. I discuss things in volume, but I discuss a variety of things and do not cut/paste same topics/lamentations over and over again.

So do I... and don't appreciate your misrepresentation.

We've been playing nice... but if you want to go back to the old ways we can do that too.

You do tend to post the same concerns you have on almost every thread.

Yes, I'll take into consideration your findings during your long three day stint on this forum.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
But that's the problem... because of Klutch... they don't know if the dice are loaded against them.

Bull. This is a make-or-miss league. If they play championship caliber basketball, there's no need to make a trade. If they don't, then bring in players who will.

I HATED LOSING EDDIE JONES - but I damned sure stood for that parade in DTLA after the 2000 Championship!

The "core" has two choices - get better or get out.
MAGA!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Even if what you are saying is true.....what is the alternative for them? To start sucking at pro basketball?

The NBA is a business....its a business for both the teams and the players.......these youngins will eventually become free agents and they can do whatever the hell they want at that time and how they play now is going to affect what they make then......

They need to grow the F up and be professionals

Also....lets not act like the lakers do not take care of their own players......leave that kind of thing to the CELTICS.....the lakers gave a farewell tour to their star that nobody in the league even gets....but as fans we are supposed to believe that they dont take care of their players?

Come on man

I think they have played like professionals.

I'm saying Magic's speech won't carry much weight unless the team actually is giving them as much respect as a player who's not even on the team.

By respect, I don't mean who is better. Of course AD, is better... but while the players are part of your team... they should be treated better than some theoretical dream.

It's like dudes who are rude to their wives during dinner... but then smile and act all charming to the cute server that comes to the table.

Sure maybe that server is hotter... but you should treat your wife with more respect... or simply divorce her.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
But that's the problem... because of Klutch... they don't know if the dice are loaded against them.

Bull. This is a make-or-miss league. If they play championship caliber basketball, there's no need to make a trade. If they don't, then bring in players who will.

I HATED LOSING EDDIE JONES - but I damned sure stood for that parade in DTLA after the 2000 Championship!

EXACTLY!!!

The young core zealots cannot be convinced of anything regarding trading them. It's like a cult following at this point. Better to not engage with them in these discussions
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Players get traded all the time, and they didn't even get traded. Life does go on. They'll get over it. Well from last night it looks like they already have.

Agree. These players need to understand that it is a business.

Tell them to llook at Dangelo Russell. Traded and now he is an all star.

You grow up and make the Lakers better.

Thomas Bryant. he is doing great in Washington Wizards.

Rondo from last night was another example. He played for Boston and made the winning shot.

Their job is to play their best for the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

The young core zealots cannot be convinced of anything regarding trading them. It's like a cult following at this point. Better to not engage with them in these discussions

Even going back to Caron Butler, I was so sad to see him get traded. But a few trades later Caron's trade led to Kwame which led to Pau. Granted Caron wasn't homegrown, but he was someone I really wanted to keep.

And yes, I still to this day am a bit perturbed about Eddie Jones even though we won 3 rings thereafter.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

You really need to knock off your constant Rambo without a jockstrap aggression
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

We aren't talking about trading Eddie Jones and Elden for Glen Rice which ended up almost a lateral move for a third option...

We are talking about trading 7 to 10 assets for a 2nd option who hasn't won anything.

If it's three assets... sure... in certain cases 4 to 5, I can see.

If it's 7 to 10 assets but we can land Kyrie as the third piece... I can also see that.

What I can't see is 7 to 10 assets without securing the third superstar.

Eddie Jones for Glen Rice is a totally different animal than AD for our entire core and future picks plus possibly taking back bad contracts.

If Kyrie's coming with him... sure then I'm on board.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

You really need to knock off your constant Rambo without a jockstrap aggression

But he's the Juggernaut!
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

I don't think the players are nearly as emotional about this situation as LG posters are. Kuzma and Ingram strike me as guys who understand the deal. It's a business. Players get traded. It happens. The guy we played last night (Tatum) has the cloud hanging over his head that he might get traded in the offseason. It's just the way the league works. If you don't like it, play so well that they don't want to trade you.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

This is the right move guys. This is what leadership SHOULD do and what they commonly do in the work force. The message has to be the right message and executed right. Hopefully Magic and the rest of the Leadership Team sync up and ensure they deliver the right message and they are all aligned with how it should be delivered.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
I don't think the players are nearly as emotional about this situation as LG posters are. Kuzma and Ingram strike me as guys who understand the deal. It's a business. Players get traded. It happens. The guy we played last night (Tatum) has the cloud hanging over his head that he might get traded in the offseason. It's just the way the league works. If you don't like it, play so well that they don't want to trade you.

Bingo. Look at the guys who made impact last night. Tatum, Kuz, BI, all on the block for AD.

They're pros and they deep down understand it's a business. Kudos to them and their professionalism.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

And so many here conveniently forget how badly the great Jerry West bungled the Eddie Jones trade fiasco.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Can we just move on my man? Did you even smile when we beat the Celts last night or were you thinking about the purported trade (which you don't even know if it is was true or not).

Yinoma you say the same things over and over as well... and you have 10X more posts to prove it.

You think everything's fine... I get that too... but you will continue to post at your ungodly pace just the same and I'm fine with that.

If LBJ left Klutch... I'd probably hardly post at all right now... but they are of grave concern to the franchise's welfare in my opinion.

The chicken little act isn't cute anymore. It's a constant barrage. I discuss things in volume, but I discuss a variety of things and do not cut/paste same topics/lamentations over and over again.

We've been playing nice... but if you want to go back to the old ways we can do that too.

Yes, I'll take into consideration your findings during your long three day stint on this forum.

Just a word of advice, maybe there needs to be a bit of accountability on your end on how you represent yourself. Even if it's 10% negative in your opinion. Simply put, constant negativity can be a bit taxing dude... Take it for what it's worth.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

MAGA!

Perma-banned.
Or build that wall in the North... and have Canada pay for it...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just a word of advice, maybe there needs to be a bit of accountability on your end on how you represent yourself. Even if it's 10% negative in your opinion. Simply put, constant negativity can be a bit taxing dude... Take it for what it's worth.

I think that's fair... but it's also usually how it is if you aren't playing the middle, and advocating for an unpopular position.

I'm not trying to win an election or a PR campaign.

I'm trying to wake us up to a possibly unpleasant reality.

I have political arguments like this on my Twitter all the time.

I agree it's unpleasant to listen to.

But believe it or not, I do actually try to tone it down.

However, when we had a bunch of carpetbaggers with new accounts who were coming in devaluating our core. I felt the need to at least play devil's advocate.

But thanks for the polite advice.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Doc JC wrote:
“Make yourself untradeable”

Simple message

This.......

Why do we need to coddle these kids? The real message is "Grow the F up.....dont you know family still split up sometimes....dont you guys watch Opera?"

That you Byron?
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

I think it affected kuz more than you think. Based on his quotes from last night. Ingram is the only guy I think it doesn’t really bother at all. Who knows with Lonzo.. it’s hard to know what’s going on with him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

And so many here conveniently forget how badly the great Jerry West bungled the Eddie Jones trade fiasco.

How can we forget when you remind us every day?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

How can we forget when you remind us every day?

I'm flattered that you follow my posting so closely.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Sentient Meat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Even if what you are saying is true.....what is the alternative for them? To start sucking at pro basketball?

The NBA is a business....its a business for both the teams and the players.......these youngins will eventually become free agents and they can do whatever the hell they want at that time and how they play now is going to affect what they make then......

Also....lets not act like the lakers do not take care of their own players......leave that kind of thing to the CELTICS.....the lakers gave a farewell tour to their star that nobody in the league even gets....but as fans we are supposed to believe that they dont take care of their players?

Come on man

I'm saying Magic's speech won't carry much weight unless the team actually is giving them as much respect as a player who's not even on the team.

By respect, I don't mean who is better. Of course AD, is better... but while the players are part of your team... they should be treated better than some theoretical dream.

It's like dudes who are rude to their wives during dinner... but then smile and act all charming to the cute server that comes to the table.

Sure maybe that server is hotter... but you should treat your wife with more respect... or simply divorce her.

That 40 point loss really did not scream to me of professionalism
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

I think LG posters are more offended by the trade deadline then any of our players are. Give them a little credit, people. Geez.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think that's fair... but it's also usually how it is if you aren't playing the middle, and advocating for an unpopular position.

I'm not trying to win an election or a PR campaign.

I'm trying to wake us up to a possibly unpleasant reality.

I have political arguments like this on my Twitter all the time.

I agree it's unpleasant to listen to.

But believe it or not, I do actually try to tone it down.

However, when we had a bunch of carpetbaggers with new accounts who were coming in devaluating our core. I felt the need to at least play devil's advocate.

But thanks for the polite advice.

Cheers dude. I think that you are passionate about your opinion but when it's repeated in different threads the message gets lost and people start to tune the message out. We do need and I appreciate the different takes, just consider the volume and timing. After a big win, it's nice to relish in the few moments of joy we have had this season.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Come on man

In real life men monkey jump in relationships all the time...meaning not leaving a branch unless there is one to land on (if we are even going to use that analogy)

to me....the analogy doesnt even make sense because you are not going to just release players because you are trying to aquire other ones...it is a business after all.

and....lets not forget this "respect" is both ways...when a player enters free agency he owes NOTHING to the team and fans he is leaving.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:

Cheers dude. I think that you are passionate about your opinion but when it's repeated in different threads the message gets lost and people start to tune the message out. We do need and I appreciate the different takes, just consider the volume and timing. After a big win, it's nice to relish in the few moments of joy we have had this season.

If you saw me on the game thread... I was very positive.

If you saw me on the Ingram thread... I was positive.

I simply believe Klutch poses an existential threat to the short term well being of our team.

If one doesn't see it... it does look like mad ranting.

If one does... it doesn't seem so bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15
Jump to: