LA-Boston rivalry is dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: LA-Boston rivalry is dead

kinkle wrote:
It is dead.

The truth is Boston really doesn't care about basketball, they cared when they had a dominant white guy in the 80's but that's about it. Sure there are Celtic fans scattered throughout the country but they aren't diehards.

Boston cares about their Football, Baseball, and even hockey team more than basketball.

On the other hand LA cares about their Basketball, and Baseball team. Rams\Chargers have a long way from being the "LA" team. The SB was not Boston vs LA, LA didn't care, most people are fans of other football teams anyways.

Dodgers and Red Sox aren't real rivals either so that is pointless to talk about.

Lakers fans celebrated our Celtics win yesterday, while nobody in Boston cared that Celtics lost. Just like nobody in LA cared that the Rams lost the SB.

Time to face it, the Celtics rivalry is dead (has been for awhile). Time for Lakers fans to move on and find a new team to hate. Hell.... Clippers are a bigger rival than Celtics..

Dude you couldn’t be more wrong. I was just in Boston this past autumn...I wore my Laker hat around downtown and everyone had something to say. One of my good friends is a lifelong Celtic fan, lives in Beverly, MA about 30 min north of Boston, and he and everyone of his buddies and families absolutely HATE the Lakers and understand the depths of the rivalry. We went out the first night I was in town and hit up a number of Boston sports bars and it was more of the same.

Not quite sure what you’re basing your post on man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

kinkle wrote:
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/08/21/2018-boston-sports-survey-results-channel-media-market-patriots-red-sox/

“The big change is that the Celtics leapfrogged the Bruins. It’s the first time that has happened since the polling began in 2011. The deficit was as large as 23 percent for the Bruins and 6 percent for the Celtics in 2015. The Patriots received roughly the same support they normally do, and the Red Sox jumped up 6 percent from last year.”

Yeah just like I said.

Nope. You said Boston. That survey is the Boston Media market which is not the same thing. The Boston Media Market includes a lot of smaller cities and towns and goes even into other states. It is like including people from Claremont when asking what do people in Los Angeles think.

Also, you said that the Red Sox were always #1 while the survey of the Boston Media market said it was the Pats. Just pointing out that it isn't what you said.

--Anonymous
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

I started watching the Lakers and the NBA in 1993, and although I did my homework and read about the rivalry and NBA history in general, the Celtics felt like just another team to me for many years. I thought the rivalry would always be dead.

Then when Ray Allen and KG went to Boston and we met them in the finals in 08, I suddenly got it. Now it felt like I was reliving a modern version of the 84 finals when the Celtics bullied and tortured that group of Lakers. Beating them in 2010 will always be my favorite moment as a Laker fan, by far.

F Boston and their racist scumbag citizens.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

Until they meet in the Finals again then you’ll see the demons of the past creep up again.

When it was 2008 - 2010 the levels of hatred between fans and players was unreal and birthed from the 80s rivalry. It’s dormant until both teams are legit contenders and meet in the Finals. There is no greater rivalry in sports.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Well, I'm glad one guy on LG was here to provide the State of the Rivalry Address. Thank you.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Couldn't disagree more. Nothing wrong with having your own opinions. But, when you proclaim that everyone else should share the same perspective "time to face it" "time for lakers fans to move on", you're barking up the wrong tree. Never understand why anyone thinks it's their entitlement to inform everyone else of how they should view something.

Well, I know what I think, and you should think it too!! Because I have the best way of thinking!!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

kinkle wrote:
Rek wrote:
Couldn't disagree more. Nothing wrong with having your own opinions. But, when you proclaim that everyone else should share the same perspective "time to face it" "time for lakers fans to move on", you're barking up the wrong tree. Never understand why anyone thinks it's their entitlement to inform everyone else of how they should view something.

You can disagree all you wan't, you're still wrong though. Of course the rivalry is still "real" to a small group of fans on both sides, but even they have to admit that things have died down considerably since the 80's.

Examples of real legendary rivalries: Red Sox-Yankees, Ohio State-Michigan, FCB-Real Madrid, Giants-Cowboys, Dodgers-Giants. These rivalries will carry on even when both teams suck.

I expected a lot of Lakers fans to disagree with me, because really we are the only side that still care about the rivalry (like I said earlier).

Sure Celtics fans hate the Lakers, but so does every other team in the NBA, it also doesn't help that we have the most hated player in the NBA playing for us either.

The truth is Celtics aren't even a top 5 rival for us anymore...

NO man, the rivalry is still there, it's just both teams have sucked for so long it is not apparent. It actually takes both teams being good for any rivalry to have importance. Being a rivalry and being an important rivalry are different, but not by much to the players involved. It's about pride when both teams suck and about being humble when one team sucks. There were years when we were pretty good and Boston sucked, the rivalry didn't go away but beating them took on less of a meaning. As soon as they got good, the importance of the rivalry resumed. That is what will happen with the Celtics vs the Lakers forever.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: LA-Boston rivalry is dead

kinkle wrote:
It is dead.

The truth is Boston really doesn't care about basketball, they cared when they had a dominant white guy in the 80's but that's about it. Sure there are Celtic fans scattered throughout the country but they aren't diehards.

Boston cares about their Football, Baseball, and even hockey team more than basketball.

On the other hand LA cares about their Basketball, and Baseball team. Rams\Chargers have a long way from being the "LA" team. The SB was not Boston vs LA, LA didn't care, most people are fans of other football teams anyways.

Dodgers and Red Sox aren't real rivals either so that is pointless to talk about.

Lakers fans celebrated our Celtics win yesterday, while nobody in Boston cared that Celtics lost. Just like nobody in LA cared that the Rams lost the SB.

Time to face it, the Celtics rivalry is dead (has been for awhile). Time for Lakers fans to move on and find a new team to hate. Hell.... Clippers are a bigger rival than Celtics..

To you the rivalry is dead. So be it. But as for me and millions of other fans it will NEVER die!

I used to live back east and teams like the Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins don't just have fans from Boston. Their fan bases includes people from all New England states and beyond.

I love the city of Boston and I was going to move either there or Los Angeles. I moved to Los Angeles but I still love the city of Boston. Don't like some of the racist people in Boston, but then again I don't like any racist people anywhere including in LA. For almost 50 years, I have been hating on the Celtics and Patriots and loving the Red Sox, Lakers, and Miami Dolphins. I am a ride or die fan no matter how bad my teams may be in any given year (Dolphins).

When the Red Sox, Celtics, Pats are involved in any type of playoffs-almost everyone in the New England area is aware and involved, especially in the city of Boston. In LA this is not always so because people are from many different cities and might follow teams from where they originally migrated from.

The rivalry of the Celtics and Lakers is very much alive today, but the intensity level is not as great-until both teams meet in the finals. Right now both teams are trying to get back to a championship level of hate for each other. Each team competing for a championship brings to a boil the level of hate we have for each other--but the rivalry never dies.

Right now there is no player on the Celtics that I can't stand like the hate for players like Heinsohn, Nelson, JoJo White, Ainge, McHale, Bird, Carr, Maxwell, Garnett, Allen etc..

In the 60s & 70s Laker fans hated guys like Red, Russell, Cousy, Heinsohn, Havlicek, Nelson, JoJo White and then in the 80s Archibald, Maxwell, Ainge, Carr, Bird, McHale and then on to Pierce, Allen, Big Baby, Garnett, Rondo, Wallace and Perkins.

Give it time, soon we will all be hating guys like Smart, Tatum, Brown and so on.

If the Lakers don't do anything else in a season, they MUST kick the Celtics BUTTS at least twice in the regular season. Those games are always a must-win game for either team no matter what each team's regular season record is. There are few other rivalries in sports that equal the Celtics and Lakers. And it must be so for NBA basketball to exist!
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

The way everyone celebrates rondo and his game winning shot was sickening.
How people have no issue with rondo being a former Celtic who won a championship against us, is mind boggling. I dont know how anyone can embrace a former Celtic on a lakers team and call themselves a lakers fan. It's honestly revolting. when I see or hear so called lakers fans celebrating or even rooting for Rajon rondo on this team, I'm being serious, I actually feel a rage within me that wants to physically inflict harm on these people. These new generation of lakers fans are soft and I personally find them (excuse my passionate language) effing disgusting. How's that for rivalry.

🤡
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

OP is to young to realize that this topic is not true.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I mean Celtics suck, so of course the fans don't like them. Can you blame them. But also, Boston sucks, so can you blame the Celtics for being bad? I think you can. F them all.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
The way everyone celebrates rondo and his game winning shot was sickening.
How people have no issue with rondo being a former Celtic who won a championship against us, is mind boggling. I dont know how anyone can embrace a former Celtic on a lakers team and call themselves a lakers fan. It's honestly revolting. when I see or hear so called lakers fans celebrating or even rooting for Rajon rondo on this team, I'm being serious, I actually feel a rage within me that wants to physically inflict harm on these people. These new generation of lakers fans are soft and I personally find them (excuse my passionate language) effing disgusting. How's that for rivalry.

I guess you rooted against Bill Sharman as a Laker coach and executive and guys like Rick Fox and Brian Shaw because they were ex-Celts?

Please get help.

You want to inflict harm?????? Sure.

🤡

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: