Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

https://fox59.com/2019/02/12/chicken-and-waffles-cereal-coming-soon/

Quote:
Chicken and waffles cereal coming soon

Photo courtesy of Post Consumer Brands

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A popular brunch meal is coming to a Wal-Mart cereal aisle near you.

Chicken and waffles fans will soon be able to enjoy the meal in cereal form.

Post will release the product on March 7th, which happens to be National Cereal Day.

The cereal will look like mini chicken drumsticks and waffles.

There will also be a maple bacon donut released at the same time.

Both items will only be sold for a limited time.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A popular brunch meal is coming to a Wal-Mart cereal aisle near you.

Post will release the product on March 7th, which happens to be National Cereal Day.

When did this become popular? We had brunch at a restuarant @ the Aria in Vegas last fall and Pancakes & Chicken were on the menu. I'd never even heard of such an abomination before, and now it's apparently popular enough to make a cereal spoof out of? What the heck is next? Baby Back ribs using a milkshake as dipping sauce?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Roscoe's?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

When did this become popular? We had brunch at a restuarant @ the Aria in Vegas last fall and Pancakes & Chicken were on the menu. I'd never even heard of such an abomination before, and now it's apparently popular enough to make a cereal spoof out of? What the heck is next? Baby Back ribs using a milkshake as dipping sauce?

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles are famous. There are a number of locations. First was on Pico Blvd in Los Angeles. Ran into Magic there. I read Snoop Dogg was going to buy it to keep it from going bankrupt. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles are famous. There are a number of locations. First was on Pico Blvd in Los Angeles. Ran into Magic there. I read Snoop Dogg was going to buy it to keep it from going bankrupt.

I baffled that I could have lived in Los Angeles for 5 years and never even heard of a place that's apparently an institution.

LA Privileges Revoked
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles are famous. There are a number of locations. First was on Pico Blvd in Los Angeles. Ran into Magic there. I read Snoop Dogg was going to buy it to keep it from going bankrupt.

I baffled that I could have lived in Los Angeles for 5 years and never even heard of a place that's apparently an institution.

LA Privileges Revoked

Check the link I posted. Larry King ate there.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

LA Privileges Revoked

I remember it being one of shaqs fav meals..

speaking of shaq
https://www.facebook.com/bigchickenshaqshow/

hmm
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Great Maple has a good one...
Chicken and Maple bacon donuts
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

LA Privileges Revoked

It's "popular" but in the last 8-10 years or so of foodie culture and yelp hot spots, new customers discover a place that serves really mediocre fried chicken and unremarkable waffles.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Truly well made chicken and waffles are really yummy
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

It's "popular" but in the last 8-10 years or so of foodie culture and yelp hot spots, new customers discover a place that serves really mediocre fried chicken and unremarkable waffles.

I lived in LA from '86 to '91and when I looked up the Wiki, it's apparently been around since '75. I guess I'm just amazed that I could be that clueless in my late teens and early 20's. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as I never knew about Pinks Hot Dogs either until after I moved away from LA. Seems that back in the day I didn't venture too far from the westside for food. I guess sitting on all those Barstools downing pitchers of beer all over the westside really did stunt my desire for exploration.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Chicken and waffles/excellent ...cereal that tastes like chicken?/barf
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken and Waffles cereal coming soon

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

LA Privileges Revoked

Roscoe's was a novelty, it's one of a kind newness made the difference. Like most restaurants it's the chef that makes the difference. Chef Marilyn's, Dulan's, Queen Bee's, Roscoe's, when you change chefs the quality sometimes suffers. Roscoe's on Pico changed chefs. When they did it was noticeable.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Probably, but that won't stop me from trying it if I can get my hands on a box. I tried the Lay's Chicken and Waffle flavored chips when they came out and liked them but I think it's easier to add sweetness to a salty snack than to add chicken flavor to a sweet cereal.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I admit I tried the chicken and waffles flavored chips when they were out. It was everything I knew it was going to be.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Probably, but that won't stop me from trying it if I can get my hands on a box. I tried the Lay's Chicken and Waffle flavored chips when they came out and liked them but I think it's easier to add sweetness to a salty snack than to add chicken flavor to a sweet cereal.

I guess...as long as the 'chicken flavor' isn't from a squishy leg shaped marshmallow

anyone willing to sprinkle some chicken bouillon on their waffles in the morning and weigh in?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: