Has there been any GM in the LAL history more hated by LA fans then Mitch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Has there been any GM in the LAL history more hated by LA fans then Mitch?

Man, i have not seen or heard more hate for a GM in my life.Mitch has so much hate now, imagine the hate he will get if he does not make a trade that will satisfy fans
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Mitch is a fraud.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

as of today....i don't think mitch is bad.

as of tomorrow....i could think he's a great GM.

...or i could think he's a terrible GM.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
as of today....i don't think mitch is bad.

as of tomorrow....i could think he's a great GM.

...or i could think he's a terrible GM.

I'll go with the Screaming A Smith choice "TAH-RAH-BUL" GM
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure if we had as much internet in the early 90's with all the alleged rumors and innuendos ... West would be hated too.

West was also a Laker legend as a player. That helped him alot early on his career when the Lakers were struggling to make the playoffs like we are now. People loved him too much as a player to hate him as a GM so fast. There was no internet BS and what not to make it worse. Imagine of Kobe became GM in 7-10 years. The fans would give Kobe a ton of time because they loved him so much as a player. Not the case with MK.

Also - Almost all GM's of most franchises are hated on by their fans. The Lakers the most because their fans are the most spoilt.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

West, had a better mind when the deals were being worked... Mitch would've never gotten us Kobe nor would he have signed Shaq in 96.

it's fair to say this team will be looking for another Lottery year if no trades are made... Adam Morrison anyone?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

with the exception of the mckie signing...all of mitch's moves have made sense or had reasoning behind them.

everyone thinks its so easy to just re-build a championship team. its not. at all. the plan was to create cap space unless a big ticket came up. he's been doing the best he can given the contraints of trying to get under the cap. its better in the long run. we have a bright future, which can't be said for a LOT of teams.

you guys want a trigger happy GM? look how well its working out for the knicks.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

No one want's a trigger happy GM, we just want some changes someone like Drew Gooden or Watson atleast we need some changes if we expect to go on a solid playoff run. i think Wolf would agree with this.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I'm sure if we had as much internet in the early 90's with all the alleged rumors and innuendos ... West would be hated too.

West was also a Laker legend as a player. That helped him alot early on his career when the Lakers were struggling to make the playoffs like we are now. People loved him too much as a player to hate him as a GM so fast. There was no internet BS and what not to make it worse. Imagine of Kobe became GM in 7-10 years. The fans would give Kobe a ton of time because they loved him so much as a player. Not the case with MK.

Also - Almost all GM's of most franchises are hated on by their fans. The Lakers the most because their fans are the most spoilt.

did you actually just say that jerry west was a hated gm...do you not remember him signing shaq...trading for kobe...signing horry...drafting fisher...signing phil!!...he put together a hell of a team. and now he has memphis in the playoffs for the past 3 years....and that team was awful before. jerry west is one of the great gms of all time, period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
holdenmichael
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Exactly.

I don't know what many of these people want him to do. It's not he's playing NBA Live. He's working in the real world and can only do so much on his end.

These whiners have gotten so bad that I've actually seen one person prasie Isiah Thomas.

What other franchise would you rather be a fan of?

The Spurs? Pistons? Those are the only two teams that could keep me as happy as I am with the Lakers. As nice as it is to have Kobe, I don't want to make the wrong move and end up like the Sixers since the 2000 season.

There are only a handfull of teams that are truly competing for the title each year and they didn't get there by making every trade or signing every player their fans wanted.

I've got the perfect idea for raising money to get LG better servers or whatever it is LG needs to stay up:

http://i1.tinypic.com/oapye0.jpg
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

did you actually just say that jerry west was a hated gm...do you not remember him signing shaq...trading for kobe...signing horry...drafting fisher...signing phil!!...he put together a hell of a team. and now he has memphis in the playoffs for the past 3 years....and that team was awful before. jerry west is one of the great gms of all time, period.

Read man. Read.

I said in the EARLY 90's if there was as much internet and innuendo as there is now, West would be hated too. Not to Mitch's extreme because of the fact that West had a legendary status in the Lakers fans heart before he even became GM (not the case with Mitch) ...

West got Shaq and Kobe in 96. I was talking about 91 through 95. There were two sub .500 records (39 and 34 wins) and a lottery trip during that stretch.

At that time if we had all the stuff we do now, even West would be hated on pretty bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

When I first went online in the last half of the '90s, I had AOL and followed the Lakers' AOL message board. There was a constant stream of hate posts against West--I'd guess 3 out of 4 wanted his head. This was after he got Shaq and Kobe. Still, West hadn't done enough, every day there wasn't a trade was another day he "failed" and everyone swore he was just sitting on his @$$. It comes with the territory.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

no, because there has never been a gm as shiznitty as mitch.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't know what many of these people want him to do. It's not he's playing NBA Live. He's working in the real world and can only do so much on his end.

Exactly. NBA Live and RealGM are the bane of NBA message boards. Now ESPN has something like that.

In the real world, every GM (well, maybe except for Isiah) is hesitant to make trades. If a GM sucks because he doesn't pull off a blockbuster trade before the deadline, then most NBA GMs suck. Unless you count Francis being dumped for expiring contracts, there have been no major trades so far.
gordon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Everyone can post whatever they wish and any rumors immediately get worldwide attention by fans following the boards. When things don't happen, they believe it was a failure on the gm's part and not just an unconfirmed rumor.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Read man. Read.

I said in the EARLY 90's if there was as much internet and innuendo as there is now, West would be hated too. Not to Mitch's extreme because of the fact that West had a legendary status in the Lakers fans heart before he even became GM (not the case with Mitch) ...

West got Shaq and Kobe in 96. I was talking about 91 through 95. There were two sub .500 records (39 and 34 wins) and a lottery trip during that stretch.

At that time if we had all the stuff we do now, even West would be hated on pretty bad.

Dddddddddddaaaaammmmmnnnn good point Wolfy! Also is there any way to find out what TJ Simmers was putting to press at that time?

Also if anybody is counting THE_SHOES does not hate Mitch and think some of ya'll are wwwwwwwwwaaaaayyyyy out of line...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Why would you ever hate Mitch Shoe's he has Odom on your lap.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Why would you ever hate Mitch Shoe's he has Odom on your lap.

Why don't you give it a rest? Your attempts at humor are pathetic...

As usual that made zip of sense...

Why do you hate Mitch because he doesn't agree with every deal you want? Think this team would be better off with you running things?

Btw those characters in your siggy are backwards. If you are an advocate of peace you could have fooled me...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Why don't you give it a rest. Your attempts at humor are pathetic...

Why do you hate Mitch because he doesn't agree with every deal you want? Think this team would be better off with you running things?

Sure... buddie and when we head to the Lottery again don't blame me i'm sure your happy the team is like this thats why you love Odom so much he's the one who lost more games for then win games for us but i guess you love when he's not consistent i know i know Shoes it's okay.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

i cant wait till tomorrow and see what will you guys say about the after trade deadline. it will be fun to read or sad to hear.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Sure... buddie and when we head to the Lottery again don't blame me i'm sure your happy the team is like this thats why you love Odom so much he's the one who lost more games for then win games for us but i guess you love when he's not consistent i know i know Shoes it's okay.

Wasn't the case last night though was it? In fact he may have very well been one of the reasons they won "buddy"
You're sweeping aside of his winning efforts and, shining that huge light of yours on the bad efforts is going to get dimmer and dimmer as the team progresses. I wonder what kind of snide remarks will you be making at that time? Or will you be one of those people even though his (bleep) has ran out continue with the bull (bleep) whether it smells or not?
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers and LA Kings had some real dandys that I surely hated! But on the level off Mitch idiot? Thats a tough one.
gordon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Wasn't the case last night though was it? In fact he may have very well been one of the reasons they won "buddy"
You're sweeping aside of his winning efforts and, shining that huge light of yours on the bad efforts is going to get dimmer and dimmer as the team progresses. I wonder what kind of snide remarks will you be making at that time? Or will you be one of those people even though his (bleep) has ran out continue with the bull (bleep) whether it smells or not?

There's no use. people like that think that we can magically make a trade and whoever gets brought in will immediately work well within our offense and give 100% every night.

These same people who want a trade just to make a trade will be bashing in a couple of months saying we made the wrong move or we should take a queue from XXX team because their trade/gamble happened to work out. It's as if they believe every other team exists just to give us a lopsided trade/every player will play for peanuts because we are the Lakers and that we will NEVER have any team struggles.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

... I was talking about 91 through 95. There were two sub .500 records (39 and 34 wins) and a lottery trip during that stretch.

Very very true, especially on this board... :roll:

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if anyone can do a better job, under Phil and his triangle. We may under estimate the amount of power Phil has on this team and front office.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: