Woj: Demps will be fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Waiting for this news:

Quote:
LeBron's buddy Chris Bosh set to retire and become the new GM of the Pelican's

Quote:
upon retirement, LeBron, I mean Klutch management company plans to buy the Pelicans, move them to Akron and rename the team Akron Bronnies
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
5 out of 7 seasons missing the playoffs

5 out of 7 seasons with less than 70 games... Looks like this one will be only 45.

Solution?

Trade 7 to 10 assets to acquire said player and go 2 on 4 vs. GSW or Philly.

If that sounds like a winning plan... well, I don't know what to say.

I was looking for the Dell Demps thread. Did I stumble upon the Brandon Ingram/Kyle Kuzma/Lonzo Ball thread?

Wait so if someone correlates his firing with positive news for a trade it's okay... But if someone tries to say something negative about a potential trade then it's not?

No problem at all. See you in the Dodgers thread. We can discuss more about this trade.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Does anyone else find it hilarious that Demps conversation with Magic was about long enough to order a takeout pizza and now Demps is going to be delivering pizzas?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Dell Demps had 0 say in whether to accept the theoretical Laker trade.
How much say does the new GM have?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Go (bleep) yourself, Demps
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Waiting for this news:

Quote:
LeBron's buddy Chris Bosh set to retire and become the new GM of the Pelican's

Quote:
upon retirement, LeBron, I mean Klutch management company plans to buy the Pelicans, move them to Akron and rename the team Akron Bronnies

Led by teen superstar Bronny James selected the #1 overall pick after his one season at Duke.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

5 out of 7 seasons with less than 70 games... Looks like this one will be only 45.

Solution?

I was looking for the Dell Demps thread. Did I stumble upon the Brandon Ingram/Kyle Kuzma/Lonzo Ball thread?

Wait so if someone correlates his firing with positive news for a trade it's okay... But if someone tries to say something negative about a potential trade then it's not?

No problem at all. See you in the Dodgers thread. We can discuss more about this trade.

ARod... traded for Soriano... not for 7 to 10 assets.

Steve Carlton... traded for Rick Wise... not for 7 to 10 assets

Manny... traded LaRoche and Bryan Morris... not for 7 to 10 assets

Babe Ruth... traded for cash... not for 7 to 10 assets

Clemens... traded for Homer Bush, Graeme Lloyd, and David Wells... not for 7 to 10 assets.

Frank Robinson... traded for Milt Pappas, Jack Baldschun, and Dick Simpson... not 7 to 10 assets

The only big trades I could think of that required a lot of assets were

Piazza... traded with Zeile for Sheffield, Bonilla, Barrios, Eisenreich, Johnson

Seaver... traded for Flynn, Norman, Steve Henderson, and Zachry... not 7 to 10 assets.

But sure if you can find a trade where someone gave up 7 to 10 assets for a top baseball player... let me know and I'll meet you in the Dodgers thread.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

My Reaction
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Dell Demps had 0 say in whether to accept the theoretical Laker trade.
How much say does the new GM have?

When it comes to AD, the final call is Mickey Loomis and Gayle Benson.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Solution?

Clemens... traded for Homer Bush, Graeme Lloyd, and David Wells... not for 7 to 10 assets.

Frank Robinson... traded for Milt Pappas, Jack Baldschun, and Dick Simpson... not 7 to 10 assets

Piazza... traded with Zeile for Sheffield, Bonilla, Barrios, Eisenreich, Johnson

Seaver... traded for Flynn, Norman, Steve Henderson, and Zachry... not 7 to 10 assets.

But sure if you can find a trade where someone gave up 7 to 10 assets for a top baseball player... let me know and I'll meet you in the Dodgers thread.

Didn’t some form of farm animal go along with cash in the Babe Ruth transaction?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LeBron Stan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Solution?

Didn’t some form of farm animal go along with cash in the Babe Ruth transaction?

Hey man... you do what you gotta do to land that top 5 player...lol
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LeBron Stan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
all i know is how do the celtics now make a bid for anthony davis when they just called his agent and anthony davis into question about their intergrity. The celtics said they planted the story of kyrie. how does that work....oh let me come work for you now danny ainge?

Where was this posted? Or on ESPN on tv?

The Celtics, according to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, were not pleased with Paul throughout the process, and here's why:

The Celtics were annoyed by the story of Irving having eyes for New York, not because of Irving, but because they felt the story was planted by Davis' agent, Rich Paul, in order to scare the Pelicans into thinking Boston would back off making a trade offer for Davis in July if Irving left.

"It was cheap and underhanded," one source told SN. yahoo sports
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
all i know is how do the celtics now make a bid for anthony davis when they just called his agent and anthony davis into question about their intergrity. The celtics said they planted the story of kyrie. how does that work....oh let me come work for you now danny ainge?

The Celtics, according to Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, were not pleased with Paul throughout the process, and here's why:

The Celtics were annoyed by the story of Irving having eyes for New York, not because of Irving, but because they felt the story was planted by Davis' agent, Rich Paul, in order to scare the Pelicans into thinking Boston would back off making a trade offer for Davis in July if Irving left.

That's pretty stupid since Kyrie is the one who said ”ask me July 1” when he was inquired about staying in Boston or not.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for it, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

If this explains their perspective and their approach to trading AD, then it sounds like Demps ultimately wasn't behind that classless approach to the negotiations. If anything, this almost makes me think that the reason he was let go was because he was open to trading AD to LA, but ownership wouldn't have it. And if that's the case, whoever they replace him with will probably be someone who is 100% aligned with their shortsighted pettiness. This could actually mean that a possible AD trade here is significantly less likely to happen now.

Funny that ownership could actually think the Lakers’ offer ”didn’t make sense for them.” They were getting a treasure chest of young, talented players with star potential that they could build around for the foreseeable future, plus multiple first round draft picks. To think that offer didn't make sense for them shows just how incompetent they are. They literally have no idea what they're doing. They wanted to wait for the summer to let Boston get in on things, well, hiring someone who works closely with Ainge would only be the cherry on top when Boston hoodwinks them by keeping Tatum.

Last edited by Judah on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I highly doubt AD is traded to the Lakers by the Pelicans. If anything, he might get traded to another team and traded again at the deadline.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand how Ferry is the leading candidate. Is he not the same guy that was a major factor in LeBron leaving the Cavs the first time? Pelicans just going to hire the guy because he comes from another small market team with a chip on his shoulder?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Danny Ferry is now the GM, another Popavich guy. Yay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I highly doubt AD is traded to the Lakers by the Pelicans. If anything, he might get traded to another team and traded again at the deadline.

This is what I think too. If that happened it would probably work out very well for the Lakers because, whichever lame duck team that is (unless it's Boston) will be pressured into trading him to the Lakers or else they’d lose him for nothing at the end of the season. The Lakers wouldn't have to offer much.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Cowherd today talked about how no one has an issue with tampering unless it’s the Lakers/Lebron/Klutch. Even used the clippers being at Kawhi’s games.

At least it’s out in the national media now.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I think the Pelicans are just starting over. Davis is leaving, the team hasn't been good, so the typical response is to change personnel.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Solution?

Hey man... you do what you gotta do to land that top 5 player...lol

LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
LeBron Stan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

Thanks.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I don't understand how Ferry is the leading candidate. Is he not the same guy that was a major factor in LeBron leaving the Cavs the first time? Pelicans just going to hire the guy because he comes from another small market team with a chip on his shoulder?

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised they promoted a racist.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Make no mistake: no matter who becomes the GM in New Orleans, Mickey Loomis, the head of basketball operations for the Pelicans-and, not unimportantly, the GM of the Saints as well-has all the juice. Owner Gayle Benson trusts him and his opinion more than anyone else.

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1096504026978545666?s=21
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:
New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for it, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

If this explains their perspective and their approach to trading AD, then it sounds like Demps ultimately wasn't behind that classless approach to the negotiations. If anything, this almost makes me think that the reason he was let go was because he was open to trading AD to LA, but ownership wouldn't have it. And if that's the case, whoever they replace him with will probably be someone who is 100% aligned with their shortsighted pettiness. This could actually mean that a possible AD trade here is significantly less likely to happen now.

Funny that ownership could actually think the Lakers’ offer ”didn’t make sense for them.” They were getting a treasure chest of young, talented players with star potential that they could build around for the foreseeable future, plus multiple first round draft picks. To think that offer didn't make sense for them shows just how incompetent they are. They literally have no idea what they're doing. They wanted to wait for the summer to let Boston get in on things, well, hiring someone who works closely with Ainge would only be the cherry on top when Boston hoodwinks them by keeping Tatum.

Totally plausible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: