Scottie Pippen: LeBron's not even what Kobe Bryant was as a player.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:

Would Curry have won 2 more Championships in a row without a player Durant whom is the reason he didn't win Finals MVP last off-season when he destroyed the Cavs hearts in game 3 for the second season in a row and made LeBron and the rest of his team quit as a result?

I think people are seeing that the problem in OKC wasn't Durant, nowadays.

I sometimes think about when Shaq left the Magic to come to the Lakers. How so many people were pissed he left Penny and the media was all like "their time was coming." and all "Shaq couldn't get it done." and "well when they made the Finals they got destroyed."

But Shaq paired up with someone better than Hardaway, and they went and won the Championships Shaq and Penny never would have.

Durant and Curry are winning the Championships that Westbrook and Durant never would have, but also that Curry may have never repeated.

Well getting Durant does two things at once, makes us way stronger, and the Warriors considerably weaker. Maybe Durant can't win it all without a 1b player, but neither can Leborn.

Truest point.

Very few can win without a 1B.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:

Would Curry have won 2 more Championships in a row without a player Durant whom is the reason he didn't win Finals MVP last off-season when he destroyed the Cavs hearts in game 3 for the second season in a row and made LeBron and the rest of his team quit as a result?

I sometimes think about when Shaq left the Magic to come to the Lakers. How so many people were pissed he left Penny and the media was all like "their time was coming." and all "Shaq couldn't get it done." and "well when they made the Finals they got destroyed."

But Shaq paired up with someone better than Hardaway, and they went and won the Championships Shaq and Penny never would have.

Durant and Curry are winning the Championships that Westbrook and Durant never would have, but also that Curry may have never repeated.

Well getting Durant does two things at once, makes us way stronger, and the Warriors considerably weaker. Maybe Durant can't win it all without a 1b player, but neither can Leborn.

Truest point.

not the point.
the point is lebron's 1a is so bad, it requires the 1b and 1c to be as good as other 1a's. he is the weakest link.

our fanbase is trying to figure out all these optimistic angles and stats that somehow can salvage this belief that lbj is actually a good player. all you are doing is putting together a narrative with some numbers that might seem ok. but none of it matters because nobody wants to admit how bad of a basketball player lbj is, and was. if you don't admit that, you need all these other reasons to show why we aren't doing well. it ain't the injuries, its not jeanie or magic, or the other players...it's literally lebron.

but we won't admit that, at least not now.
so all these tortured explanations and stats...what was working early in the season, lol? bi and lonzo and lbj together gives us a winning record. injuries must be it.

also lol at all the media trying to downplay the massive dissatisfaction laker fans have with this guy. NOT the others. From the get go, too...the murals, all the complaining about him for years before kobe vs lbj etc. this is like the typical laker fan (not the kind here in the forums).

i just want to see what happens when all this dies down...are we going to change our minds about this guy? are we finally going to say forget the stats, its obvious he is a avg player. a really famous, expensive average player.

my favorite sentiment so far has been, should we trade lbj?...lol, oh man.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:

Truest point.

not the point.
the point is lebron's 1a is so bad, it requires the 1b and 1c to be as good as other 1a's. he is the weakest link.

our fanbase is trying to figure out all these optimistic angles and stats that somehow can salvage this belief that lbj is actually a good player. all you are doing is putting together a narrative with some numbers that might seem ok. but none of it matters because nobody wants to admit how bad of a basketball player lbj is, and was. if you don't admit that, you need all these other reasons to show why we aren't doing well. it ain't the injuries, its not jeanie or magic, or the other players...it's literally lebron.

but we won't admit that, at least not now.
so all these tortured explanations and stats...what was working early in the season, lol? bi and lonzo and lbj together gives us a winning record. injuries must be it.

also lol at all the media trying to downplay the massive dissatisfaction laker fans have with this guy. NOT the others. From the get go, too...the murals, all the complaining about him for years before kobe vs lbj etc. this is like the typical laker fan (not the kind here in the forums).

i just want to see what happens when all this dies down...are we going to change our minds about this guy? are we finally going to say forget the stats, its obvious he is a avg player. a really famous, expensive average player.

my favorite sentiment so far has been, should we trade lbj?...lol, oh man.

Stop while you can man, I know where this goes. I was a Lebron hater forever for the fun of sports, but never denied his talent. He's one the most talented players to ever lace em up and if you don't see that then your judgement can't really be trusted on anything. Also you're the one making a big thing out of a few butt hurt fans mad at him when the vast majority of our fan base are ecstatic he's a Laker.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Scottie changes his tune to whatever will get him more attention in that moment. He hated on Kobe before, too. Nothing to see here because his opinion doesn’t mean (bleep).

He has said so many things, he is not consistent and has no real frame of reference, no baseline. Even Barkley is more consistent than Scottie!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

Well, Dirk and Hakeem did it with a #2, Kobe did it with Pau and Odom (as#2). If we strike out, LeBron can prove Pippen wrong by winning with Butler and BI
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

Tracy Mcgrady: I would much rather as an opponent go up against Lebron than Kobe or Jordan and be on the other side. You got to be locked in. Bron is more of a selfless player and I don't know if that helps but I'd much rather face him then those guys.

Dwyane Wade (January 4th, 2017):

"For me, 1-2, however you want to put 'em, is him and Kobe," Wade said, via 16 Wins A Ring's Spencer Davies. "Obviously I've had to guard Kobe more, so I've been in that battle a little more with Kobe. But LeBron, we've never seen a player like him. We've seen Magic, they got a similar style, but what he does in a game, how he affects games, I haven't seen that. I haven't went against it. But him and Kobe for sure are the hardest and toughest guys that I've ever had to play against."

Allen Iverson (August 21st, 2016):

Iverson recently sat down with rapper Jadakiss for a wide-ranging interview that touched on a number of topics, including his top five players of all-time -- though Iverson was hard-pressed to settle on a fifth.
"Mike [Jordan], Shaq [O'Neal], Kobe [Bryant], LeBron [James]. [The fifth one] could be a lot of dudes," he said.

Stephen Jackson (August 9th, 2016):

[on LeBron]

“He is definitely in my mind one of the Top 5 players to ever play the game, if not Top 3 behind Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.”

Charles Barkley (June 20th, 2016):

"The 5 greatest players in my opinion are: Michael, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Kareem, and Wilt I have Kobe at 6. I got Tim Duncan at 7. And then you've got LeBron, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Magic, and Bird. They're in that group, you put them where you want to. But I'm not just gonna' automatically put LeBron past Kobe as far as this generation. As far as Kobe and Tim Duncan. Those guys got 5 world championships. LeBron has 3, which is amazing. But I don't live in the moment. I'm not gonna' just say, 'Wait a minute, I'm gonna' move him past Kobe and Tim Duncan now.' I mean, I'm just not gonna' do that."

Trevor Ariza & Jason Terry (July 20th, 2016):

Trevor Ariza & Jason Terry just agreed on @SiriusXMNBA that Kobe is best player of the generation over both Duncan & Lebron.

Michael Jordan (August 2, 2017)

According to Bay Area HQ (via Ryne Nelson of Slam Online), Jordan placed Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant ahead of LeBron on his personal list when asked about it during his Flight School camp in Santa Barbara, California:

"Would I rank LeBron over Kobe in terms of best of all time? No

. There's something about five that beats three. Now he may be better than that, but Kobe won five championships. LeBron won three."

Last edited by RealSkipBayless on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Jared Dudley (May 12th, 2017):

[toughest player to guard?]

Kobe in his prime, by far. I say that just because of his mentality, the triangle, he was always in attack-mode. [LeBron], he can give you 30 and you won’t even feel like he’s destroying you because he’ll get 10 in transition where it had nothing to do with you. You know he’s gonna’ get a couple of fouls. And then he might make 3 threes because you’re going to let him shoot 5. So overall he might get hot that one night. So for me it was always Kobe one, Durant two, then LeBron.”

Dirk Nowitski:
[on kobe]

“He’s probably the greatest player in my generation that I played against,” said Nowitzki
, who has 27,239 career points and will likely pass Elvin Hayes and Moses Malone over the next few weeks to move up to seventh on the list.

“Obviously Shaq was very dominant, Tim Duncan was great, but I just loved watching Kobe. I don’t think there will ever be another MJ, but he’s definitely as close as it gets that we’ll ever see.

He had it all. He’s a clutch player, can make shots from anywhere. I’ve had a blast from watching him during his career very closely. That’s a heck of an accomplishment for sure.”

Scottie Pippen: (February 14, 2019)
[on Lebron]

"When I look at LeBron, he's not what Michael was as a player. He's not even what Kobe Bryant was as a player," Pippen said. "So when you talk about trying to compare Michael's instinct, his ability to take over games, his ability to want to have the last shot, LeBron doesn't have that gene. That's not in him."
Klay Thompson
[on Kobe]

Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson took similar notes, the former Santa Margarita standout often imitating Bryant’s footwork and post-ups.“To get on his level is going to take a lot of work. It’s basically impossible,” Thompson said. “But he’s never afraid to take the big shot, and that’s what I’ve always tried to do.”

Gilbert Arenas:
[On Kobe vs lebron]
In their prime who is better? Kobe. I mean you know all around he's just a better player. In a sense of skill, work, and knowledge.

Source:

Who would win 1 on 1. Kobe or Lebron

Kevin Durant: That's tough If I had to pick someone..I'd pick Kobe
Matt Barnes: Kobe.
Trevor Ariza: I would go with Kobe.

Source:

ESPN fan vote on Kobe vs Lebron

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/20227321/sportsnation-how-rank-lebron-james-kobe-bryant
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

lebron gets you stats, and in every single advance metric, he is the best player, but if you watch the guy play, he just doesn't look that dominate, we are watching an older version of LBJ this season, and it is pretty obvious that he doesn't need to be double teamed in the post because of his lack of a good post game. if you cut his lane to the basket, it is over
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Scottie changes his tune to whatever will get him more attention in that moment. He hated on Kobe before, too. Nothing to see here because his opinion doesn’t mean (bleep).

He has said so many things, he is not consistent and has no real frame of reference, no baseline. Even Barkley is more consistent than Scottie!

who cares if they are consistent?? why we treating them like politicians at a hearing?

they say different things, they change their mind...they ALL do, and so do you (anyone). why not just listen to what they are saying. lets say pippen says lbj sucks one day, and then hes the best another day. so what? id be more interested in WHY he was saying it whenever he was saying it.

but no, he's gotta be consistent! maybe one day he can be a supreme court judge. lol. let's not listen to ANYTHING the guy who has played side by side with MJ and is a top player in history himself...let's just ignore EVERYTHING he has to say because he is not consistent.

I'd be more ok with it if we are not listening to him for the reason being that he beat us in 1991. that would be more reasonable to me than consistency.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jared Dudley (May 12th, 2017):

[toughest player to guard?]

“Kobe in his prime, by far. I say that just because of his mentality, the triangle, he was always in attack-mode. [LeBron], he can give you 30 and you won’t even feel like he’s destroying you because he’ll get 10 in transition where it had nothing to do with you. You know he’s gonna’ get a couple of fouls. And then he might make 3 threes because you’re going to let him shoot 5. So overall he might get hot that one night. So for me it was always Kobe one, Durant two, then LeBron.”

That to me is very well said in terms of why players would take Kobe > LeBron
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: