-Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: -Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-

"It is just game-by-game now. You have to win," Odom said. "My concentration level was high tonight. I've just got an aggressive mind-set right now. I didn't really do anything differently tonight -- still rebounded and drove to the hole."

I better see this agressive behaviour now that Stevie franchise is gone, play like your ass is on the chopping board every night damn it!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

It helped that he wasn't initiating as much and that the Lakers actually went to him into the post.

Did you read where Phil said he doesn't want Lamar forcing things? He likes that he is giving the team rebounds and playmaking. That's the way he wants it.

The difference between yesterday and a few other games was that Odom got the ball in scoring spots much. Some of it was his own doing (Driving, Crashing the boards) and a lot of it had to do with the team actually playing team ball out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's nice to know that the second-best player on the team doesn't have a high concentration level every night.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Phil has finally gave into what Tex told him months ago to take the initiator role away from Odumb. Kobe has moved into that position now and is directing these clowns where to be at on the floor, I even saw him directing Odumb to go set a pick which was too late by the time Lamar realized he was out of position and that #8 was talking to him, even when LO has a good game he loses focus.
FOXeatsFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Well, it's nice to know that the second-best player on the team doesn't have a high concentration level every night.

What's YOUR concentration level at when you're working? Or are you posting from work right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure that the absence of Przybilla and Ratlif combined with Randolph leaving the game in the 3rd helped quite a bit too.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

A.D.D.? Give him some Ritalin and see.

Actually, I think people overlook the Blazers had neither Ratliff or Pryzbilla available last night, so LO was just waltzing into the lane.
Shapecity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

This is what bothers me about Odom. The Lakers have to make adjustments to help him out, instead of allowing Kobe Bryant to play the attacker in the offense.

With Kobe Bryant back in the initiating role, it forced PJax to put Kobe on the weaker perimeter player, Steve Blake. Normally Kobe guards Juan Dixon, but the man can only do so much out there.

I'm glad the Lakers one, but in the longterm, I just see this biting them in the ass.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

My thoughts exactly. How can he even say that???
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

A.D.D.? Give him some Ritalin and see.

Actually, I think people overlook the Blazers had neither Ratliff or Pryzbilla available last night, so LO was just waltzing into the lane.

Lucky for them too. LO wasn't bull (bleep) last night. Had them folks been there the best they could have done was been in foul trouble... He is to quick for all of those clowns...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Lucky for them too. LO wasn't bull (bleep) last night. Had them folks been there the best they could have done was been in foul trouble... He is to quick for all of those clowns...

They wouldn't have been guarding him. They would have been closing off the paint and would have made it more difficult to penetrate the lane.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
, thank you, i was hoping someone who point out the most obvious and horrible point of that statment.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Shapecity wrote:
This is what bothers me about Odom. The Lakers have to make adjustments to help him out, instead of allowing Kobe Bryant to play the attacker in the offense.

With Kobe Bryant back in the initiating role, it forced PJax to put Kobe on the weaker perimeter player, Steve Blake. Normally Kobe guards Juan Dixon, but the man can only do so much out there.

I'm glad the Lakers one, but in the longterm, I just see this biting them in the ass.

Kobe wasn't in that position consistently the whole game nor, was he given "back" the job. Ruben Patterson was all over him as usual along with the "stop Bryant as soon as he gets the ball" goons. What was interesting was that it seemed as if Smush was trying to initiate things on a few occasions. Best assist night of the year came out of that little experiment too... Doubt it continues. LO will still be on the perimeter even though he does better when he gets off more shots.

LO may have taken 21 shots for the first time last night and was on the floor longer than everybody with 45 minutes. It is going to be interesting to see what Jax instructs for the Sac game.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

They wouldn't have been guarding him. They would have been closing off the paint and would have made it more difficult to penetrate the lane.

Devean and kobe would have killed them from the perimeter while Odom was drawing the defense and dishin baby!

Next!!!! 8)
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lamar looked good last night. I think he has turned the corner and is now primed to help the Lakers get to the promised land.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: -Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-

lakers0505 wrote:
"It is just game-by-game now. You have to win," Odom said. "My concentration level was high tonight. I've just got an aggressive mind-set right now. I didn't really do anything differently tonight -- still rebounded and drove to the hole."

I better see this agressive behaviour now that Stevie franchise is gone, play like your ass is on the chopping board every night damn it!

Not buying it. We were playing the freaking Blazers who has no inside presence. What is he gonna do against teams that won't let him drive to the hole. Settle for that flat line drive jump shot.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

Jesuschrist
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

Jesuschrist

Yes?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: -Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-

4OnTheFloor wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

Not buying it. We were playing the freaking Blazers who has no inside presence. What is he gonna do against teams that won't let him drive to the hole. Settle for that flat line drive jump shot.

Whups, gotcha there too! Against the Jazz featuring Ak47,Mehmet Okur,
Jarron Collins put up 17 and damned near delivered a 3D!

Atlanta, Zaza Pachulia, Al Harrington, Josh Smith albeit in a losing effort 7 of 12 for 17pts.

What most people refuse to believe is that this teams problems are in there inability to stop teams down the stretch. The Lakers don't have problems getting into the 90's every night...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

Jesuschrist

That is two words btw and, why are you using the Lords name in that fashion? Besides he likes LO...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Shoes - Up early or screwed up schedule?
raidawg87
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: -Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-

THE_SHOES wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

Atlanta, Zaza Pachulia, Al Harrington, Josh Smith albeit in a losing effort 7 of 12 for 17pts.

What most people refuse to believe is that this teams problems are in there inability to stop teams down the stretch. The Lakers don't have problems getting into the 90's every night...

For the first time i'm gonna have to agree with shoes. Lamar isn't the problem with this team, in fact i think that he is perfect for this team if we can just build around him and Kobe a little bit. His last three games have been near perfect from an individual standpoint. The real reason why we've been playing so terribly as of late is because of the absence of Chris Mihm and the presence he brings to the paint. Now that we're getting healthy again we'll be a much better team in the second half of the season. Lamar is doing almost everything that is expected of him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Nope and Wolfy you know what? I'm going to bed right now too...

It's 7:AM and I'm in here talk'n (bleep) and gettin (bleep)... Now what kind of sense does that make?

See ya tomorrow! Or later I mean!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: -Lamar on on last night performance-"Agressive"-

raidawg87 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

For the first time i'm gonna have to agree with shoes. Lamar isn't the problem with this team, in fact i think that he is perfect for this team if we can just build around him and Kobe a little bit. His last three games have been near perfect from an individual standpoint. The real reason why we've been playing so terribly as of late is because of the absence of Chris Mihm and the presence he brings to the paint. Now that we're getting healthy again we'll be a much better team in the second half of the season. Lamar is doing almost everything that is expected of him.

Wow! A man of wisdom! Thanks! It warms my heart to hear a positive from somebody besides my brother Wolfpack!

Ok, for real! I'm out!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: