What do you guys think about Gerald Green?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

As Mike mentioned, I see his potential as a taller J-Rich. Give him a couple more years to develop. He will likely win the dunk contest next year or the year after. He's added 20 pounds or something ridiculous, I've heard. Just needs to learn the game and polish his raw skills, but he's got a good foundation to work on.

Josh Smith definitely showed more. Better rebounding and shotblocking coming into the league. But everyone knew this high school class wasn't like the previous year's.
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Josh Smith showed more, simply because he's taller, with more length. All he can do is finish, but at least showed he can crash the boards and block shots as well. It's like watching a SF with C skill. Doesn't make for a great combination at all.

He is a year and a half removed from high school, bro. He will greatly, greatly improve. I know that he can shoot the ball. He just needs to get more familiar with the NBA and it will come. I'm a huge Josh Smith fan. I just hope he gets on a winning team soon and is coached the right way because he has the talent. Right now, he is getting his points mainly from athleticism but so did Kobe, O'Neal, Garnett, and the rest at that age. Smith will likely be an all-star one day and a competent shooter from 18-feet in .

Last edited by LucasWhite on Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes, good point, this isn't 2004. That class of hs players came in a put up big numbers almost immediately. The guys this year really need 2-3 years but they will be great in time (Webster, Green, Williams, Ellis).
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject:

Well, since no one has mentioned it, incredibly raw Gerald Green put up 13 points last night. That's not bad for his first game back in the league. Let's see what he does in the last 30 games, but I think that he is going to make a solid contribution this year and then eventually be a superstar within 3-4 years. You should never ever pass on a #1 player, especially when they have that much NBA-type athleticism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: