SAS: Fans started heckling LeBron at the end of the game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Booing there is absolutely classless and cowardly.

I'd never do that to one of my own players unless I was
willing to do it face to face off the court And not hiding
amongst a crowd.
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm against booing my favorite teams, everyone has bad days, and I don't want to kick my guys when they're down. It seems ok for Lebron though. He's a POS human-being with an ego, and not trying out there. Don't buy the age/injury excuses. Next year he will be back to normal, he's just given up this year.

Tickets aren't cheap so I would be extra pissed paying to see that garbage.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you should head to a Kobe fanpage. This is a Lebron Laker squad.

LakersNewEra wrote:
Many of us just dont like him.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has done a lot for kids and his community, for Black athletes in general. He's been with the same woman since he was in high school. You were saying?

md8 wrote:
I'm against booing my favorite teams, everyone has bad days, and I don't want to kick my guys when they're down. It seems ok for Lebron though. He's a POS human-being with an ego, and not trying out there. Don't buy the age/injury excuses. Next year he will be back to normal, he's just given up this year.

md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Lebron has done a lot for kids and his community, for Black athletes in general. He's been with the same woman since he was in high school. You were saying?

md8 wrote:

Most if not all people aren't 100% bad. Even someone like Hitler probably did a few nice things. In Lebron's case, the publicity didn't hurt.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe lost 65 games in a single season, a Lakers record. Way to go, Kobe

Purp 32 wrote:
Winning in LA is the best. Losing in LA is unacceptable, this isn't Cleveland.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

You mean the seasons when he won 27 games and 17 games? The worst seasons in Lakers history?

Vin wrote:
Pre achilies Kobe would've guaranteed the playoffs when everyone was starting to doubt, played 48 minutes a game, and got the team in the playoffs whatever it took.

Just a different kind of guy.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I'll never understand how a team fan rags its own players;
really. Our team is not very good right now, but it was ill built
and they're not going to beat the better teams no matter who
the coach is.

Thin skin all over the league imo.

You can't know where you're going until you look back at where you've been. This team had been improving each and every year, exceeding expectations for the rate of improvement. Young and talented players at every position, most of them hard-working with a good attitude and good camaraderie. A positive and supportive fan attitude made sense then.

That was all blown up to create this team, which has very little future even after they maybe sign a guy or two so they can go 3 on 10 every night. Before the season started, I felt this group (having removed likable and talented young players to make room for Lebron, Rondo, KCP, Stephenson, McGee, Beasley, Muscala - Lebron's usual crew of hotheads, potheads, & low-IQ journeymen) was my least favorite of any Laker team that was expected to be good. It turns out they're not even that.

I'm not saying I would boo. But I totally understand it.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Tell us some things he did which evidence that he's a "POS human-being." Maybe there is something you know that I don't.

md8 wrote:
Lakers_310 wrote:

md8 wrote:

Most if not all people aren't 100% bad. Even someone like Hitler probably did a few nice things. In Lebron's case, the publicity didn't hurt.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

md8 wrote:
It seems ok for Lebron though. He's a POS human-being with an ego, and not trying out there.

Yeah, let’s get him to go all out, score 35 a game for the rest of this meaningless season like Kobe and rupture his Achilles. Two things would happen:

-His game would significanty diminish, especially getting this type of injury just like Kobe at 34

-Guanateeing no free agent would want to come here

Great logic you have there.

He’s playing the way he is playing to preserve his health for the free agency period this offseason. Simple as that.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Kobe made two free throws. TWO FREE THROWS!! Kobe made 2 free throws!

The God Particle wrote:
Vin wrote:
Pre achilies Kobe would've guaranteed the playoffs when everyone was starting to doubt, played 48 minutes a game, and got the team in the playoffs whatever it took.

Just a different kind of guy.

and would have shot free-throw with a ruptured achilles if needed...

Oh wait, he did, didn't he?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
md8 wrote:
It seems ok for Lebron though. He's a POS human-being with an ego, and not trying out there.

Yeah, let’s get him to go all out, score 35 a game for the rest of this meaningless season like Kobe and rupture his Achilles. Two things would happen:

-His game would significanty diminish, especially getting this type of injury just like Kobe at 34

He’s playing the way he is playing to preserve his health for the free agency period this offseason. Simple as that.

So Lebron is sacrificing a playoff experience and showing that kind of leadership to let these young guys experience the postseason just to preserve his health?

Not the right mentality. Of course now it's too late, but a week or two ago he should've played all out against NO or Memphis to at least see if it would activate the rest of the team.
Lakers_310
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Agree with you man. Hey if he got injured like Kobe, then he could make excuses for the rest of his career just like Kobe. He could be the worst shooter in the NBA and make excuses.

He could win 27 games in a season - and make excuses.
He could win 17 games in a season - and make excuses, just like Kobe.

Because that's really all that Kobefans do - make excuses.

george w kush wrote:
md8 wrote:

george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
george w kush wrote:
md8 wrote:

So Lebron is sacrificing a playoff experience and showing that kind of leadership to let these young guys experience the postseason just to preserve his health?

Not the right mentality. Of course now it's too late, but a week or two ago he should've played all out against NO or Memphis to at least see if it would activate the rest of the team.

You think getting swept in the first round by GS would be 'good' playoff experience for the young guys? Are they even going to be around next season? I hope they can keep BI as LeBron seems to get along with him but hope all the other guys get shipped out.

With as many minutes as he has on his body, I'd rather he preserve his health then go all out and risk injury in a meaningless season. He already had the most significant injury in his career just last Dec. With as much time and money this dude spends on his health, I'm sure that injury was a wake up call.

I also(IMO) believe all the players hate Luke but management won't fire him because everyone will see it as a 'LeBron power move'. That and Jeanie likes him for some reason.

Last edited by george w kush on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if it’s been said but John Ireland said it wasn’t Lebron being booed, just the whole team.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Lebron the gawd. It's all good. When Lebron is gone, Laker fans will still be here. You can already see who wont be.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
slavavov wrote:
george w kush wrote:
md8 wrote:

You think getting swept in the first round by GS would be 'good' playoff experience for the young guys?

Yes, because they'll experience the playoffs, they'll know what it's like and what's required, which you can't teach. If they at least compete in those games they get swept in, they can stand tall when it's over knowing that the first time you're in the playoffs you might get humbled, but they got it over with and they'll be better and stronger as a result.
Quote:
Are they even going to be around next season? I hope they can keep BI as LeBron seems to get along with him but hope all the other guys get shipped out.

I also like BI the most out of the young core, but I wouldn't exactly mind keeping Kuzma and Hart. Rondo imo is a must keep player if they're serious about winning a championship. I also wouldn't mind keeping McGee and maybe even Stephenson.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lonzo leave. As much as I like his defense and passing, I really dislike his lack of an offensive game, his dad and his fanboys who think he's a future HOFer.

Quote:
With as many minutes as he has on his body, I'd rather he preserve his health then go all out and risk injury in a meaningless season. He already had the most significant injury in his career just last Dec. With as much time and money this dude spends on his health, I'm sure that injury was a wake up call.

There's always a risk of injury any time anyone plays any sport. I'm sick of this whole discussion of shutting down a non-injured superstar when his team is out of playoff contention just because they want to "preserve" him or to "prevent injury". That is utter bullcrap. Why not then shut down everyone on the roster if you're so concerned about injury?

The league really needs to crack down on that horse crap. I don't care how much money these guys make, they're still employees and they must go to work as long as they're able-bodied.
Quote:

I also(IMO) believe all the players hate Luke but management won't fire him because everyone will see it as a 'LeBron power move'. That and Jeanie likes him for some reason.

I don't know about that. I don't know if any of us truly know if Luke has lost the locker room. He's done some definite good things this season, but there's also a few things he can improve on.

Jeanie probably likes Luke because he reminds her of another chill hippie that she used to go out with who was also coaching the Lakers.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Agree with you man. Hey if he got injured like Kobe, then he could make excuses for the rest of his career just like Kobe. He could be the worst shooter in the NBA and make excuses.

He could win 27 games in a season - and make excuses.
He could win 17 games in a season - and make excuses, just like Kobe.

Because that's really all that Kobefans do - make excuses.

george w kush wrote:
md8 wrote:

Kobe helped bring 5 championships. Until Lebron does anything of significance for the Lakers, there will be scrutiny by some fans, not sure why its hard to comprehend

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Maybe you should head to a Kobe fanpage. This is a Lebron Laker squad.

LakersNewEra wrote:
Many of us just dont like him.

My first account on this site I had I believe in like 2004 (though I didnt post much) if not earlier. How about you?
Greyhound
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
has nothing to do with kobe. yes we saw kobe and magic and know what that looks like. the issue is lbj, by himself, no comparison needed. he is not a great player. he is as good as randle, that type. he misses lots of free throws. none of this needs comparison to anybody, it will just make it worse.

his "great" passing is just bring the ball up and pass to someone for a three. His "great" d is trying to get weakside blocks, otherwise he is just standing there. this is before la, after la, before playoff activation mode, after playoff activation mode....no compariosn needed.

he shoots...average. oh but his %, but his stats? lol.

why would laker fans be all out to prove he is bad if he is not bad? lol. we gain nothing by lbj sucking, I would LOVE to be proven wrong, eat crow, as lebron proves me wrong that he is an EXCELLENT baller with high level skills, like the greatest of all timers!! he is average....its going to take a lot to get this average star into the finals and win. the warriors are definitely NOT average. and neither are a lot of other teams in the way. kobe isnt even in the league. paul george would whoop lbj individually AND team-wise.

VORP (value over replacement player)

Lebron: 8.8, 9.5, 7.6, 10.1, 11.6, 10.9, 8.2, 7.6, 9.8, 8.0 (04-05 through 13-14). The 9.5 through 9.8 led the league. You can add another 9.8, league leader, last season as well.

Kobe: 7.1. His highest ever, 02-03 season. Never led the league.

The cumulative totals are Lebron at 128.9 to 72.1 for Kobe.

BPM (box plus minus)

Lebron: 9.5, 7.6, 10.1, 11.6, 10.9, 8.2, 7.6, 9.8 05-06 through 12-13. Led the league every year.

Kobe: 6.4 Never led the league and the 6.4 is the only time over 6.

The cumulative totals are Lebron at 9.8 to 3.9 for Kobe.

Win shares

Lebron 225.8
Kobe 172.7

Lebron led the league from 08-09 through 12-13. Kobe never led the league. In Kobe's best season, 05-06, he was good for 15.3. Lebron was good for 16.3. Neither led the league.

Perhaps it is time for some to realize that as good as Kobe was, he was nevertheless an inefficient volume scorer. He is the NBA all time leader in FGA with 26,200. Passed a Celt, pity, to become the leader. Lebron is at 23,275. And so you get this, eFG%, Lebron = .541, Kobe = .482.

In other words, pick a line:

.504, .344, .737, .541
.447, .329, .837, .482

And as bad as some think Lebron from the line, the career difference is a 1 FT out of 10 FT.

And why don't we add RPG and APG:

Lebron = 7.4 RPG and 7.4 APG
Kobe = 5.2 RPG and 4.7 APG

And I almost left out PER:

Lebron 27.2
Kobe 22.9

In what possible way, save for FT shooting, is Kobe better than Lebron?

For how bad the anti-Lebron comments, Lebron too was drafted out of high school. Not unexpectedly, his rookie season was his worst. Played in and started 79 games, 39.5 minutes a game, and while his shooting numbers were horrific, he ended up at 20.9 PPG. In his second season, he lead the league at 44.9 MPG. His FGA was a respectable .471, his 3P% at .344 and he ended the season with 27.2 PPG. At the end of Kobe's second season, he had played in 79 games, started 1 game, wen for 26 MPG with 15.4 PPG. Lebron has been torching the league since his second season. Kobe, well, not quite so much.

Lastly, see my user name? Greyhound. Would be Walter Davis, who, if cocaine had gotten in the way, might be up there with Kobe. No player that I have ever seen had a better shooting form and he could run with anyone. Hard being a Lakers fan back in the day when your favorite player was Walter Davis. Here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/daviswa03.html

And I'm not alone, by the way, since me and LamarMatic:

And if they don't hire a shooting coach:

Retired as 18th leading scorer in NBA history and is now 48th. Walter otherwise undoubtedly had one of the best games ever:

In an otherwise meaningless game in Seattle on Feb. 25, 1983, Davis put together as efficient a 36-point performance as has ever been seen, making 15 of 16 field goals and all six of his free throw attempts. If the thought of a guy dropping 36 on a combined 20-for-21 is not sufficiently impressive, consider that he essentially achieved the feat flawlessly. His only miss of the night came with 55 seconds left in the fourth quarter, with a perfect 34 — which broke Larry Costello’s 1961 record of 32 points without a miss — already in the bank.

And I related all this re Walter because one has to see greatness for what it is. Leave the emotion and the fandom there in the closet where it belongs. By the way, in an offensive contest, you can take MJ and I'll take Walter.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Kobe lost 65 games in a single season, a Lakers record. Way to go, Kobe

Purp 32 wrote:
Winning in LA is the best. Losing in LA is unacceptable, this isn't Cleveland.

Looking at that sign up date, it's apparent why you're here.

Greyhound wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
has nothing to do with kobe. yes we saw kobe and magic and know what that looks like. the issue is lbj, by himself, no comparison needed. he is not a great player. he is as good as randle, that type. he misses lots of free throws. none of this needs comparison to anybody, it will just make it worse.

his "great" passing is just bring the ball up and pass to someone for a three. His "great" d is trying to get weakside blocks, otherwise he is just standing there. this is before la, after la, before playoff activation mode, after playoff activation mode....no compariosn needed.

he shoots...average. oh but his %, but his stats? lol.

why would laker fans be all out to prove he is bad if he is not bad? lol. we gain nothing by lbj sucking, I would LOVE to be proven wrong, eat crow, as lebron proves me wrong that he is an EXCELLENT baller with high level skills, like the greatest of all timers!! he is average....its going to take a lot to get this average star into the finals and win. the warriors are definitely NOT average. and neither are a lot of other teams in the way. kobe isnt even in the league. paul george would whoop lbj individually AND team-wise.

but the advanced stats say...

Kobe got a worse team than this one to the playoffs.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

This thread went into the toilet pretty fast. Who would have thought.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject:

hisairness#8 wrote:
You Kobe Stans will never ever give any player a chance. Anyone that’s considered a great player you guys compare him to Kobe as if he’ll be able to reach that type of greatness. Lebron is a great player he’s going to pass Kobe on the scoring list and he’s gonna do it in a laker uniform and I know that hurts but those are facts.

Wanna compare Kobe and lebron look up the 04-05 season first season after Shaq. Kobe sprained his ankle badly and Rudy T was on the sauce again and quit. That team sucked royally. All I heard was how much they missed Shaq and we need Shaq back we should have never traded Shaq nothing by crying and complaining. Fast forward, they got Phil back to put in a system and stability. Took one year to get us back to the playoffs and 3 to get back to the finals.

We need a coach to stabilize this team and build back a culture of winning. Luke did what he could with a young team but injuries and just inexperience dealing with vets that are not that far off from his age didn’t help. The front office will fix this just need to give them time and stop panicking.

Whats the #8 for in your screen name?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject:

lakertang wrote:
That's always been the knock on Lebron, is him not going full takeover mode to finish off games, that's why Kyrie was so important , and why Dwade was so important. They were the finishers, Lebron lead them to the finish line, but they were the ones to carry the team over it.

but according to ESPN Stats, Lebron is the clutchest bball player of all time according to his FG% and all this other numbers. I see what I see, and he's great at getting you close, but he needs someone to get him over the hump.

100%
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
So is LeBron our Clayton Kershaw? 35 mil. Give you 6 innings a game, the occasional 12-strikeout complete game, but more games where he gets totally shelled and also spends a month on the DL?

LOL!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: