SAS: Fans started heckling LeBron at the end of the game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Booing there is absolutely classless and cowardly.

I'd never do that to one of my own players unless I was
willing to do it face to face off the court And not hiding
amongst a crowd.

I respect that p.o.v., but I also respect many who dont view guys as Dwight and LeBron as true Lakers.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Maybe you should head to a Kobe fanpage. This is a Lebron Laker squad.

LakersNewEra wrote:
Many of us just dont like him.

LeBron Lakers...

Been a year and it still sounds oxymoronic lol

So in order to protect some guy who while an all time great is being exposed in many ways, we are taking shots at fans of a true Laker Great.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Kobe lost 65 games in a single season, a Lakers record. Way to go, Kobe

Purp 32 wrote:
Winning in LA is the best. Losing in LA is unacceptable, this isn't Cleveland.

This is getting rediculous... I didnt know 310 was also a Cleveland area code
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Kobe lost 65 games in a single season, a Lakers record. Way to go, Kobe

Purp 32 wrote:
Winning in LA is the best. Losing in LA is unacceptable, this isn't Cleveland.

Meh he only got them five rings to make up for it 🤷🏼‍♂️
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
Lebron has done a lot for kids and his community, for Black athletes in general. He's been with the same woman since he was in high school. You were saying?

md8 wrote:
I'm against booing my favorite teams, everyone has bad days, and I don't want to kick my guys when they're down. It seems ok for Lebron though. He's a POS human-being with an ego, and not trying out there. Don't buy the age/injury excuses. Next year he will be back to normal, he's just given up this year.

Tickets aren't cheap so I would be extra pissed paying to see that garbage.

Dude has chosen 1 tattooed on his back lmao... He tossed money around for some causes, so do lots of people (including Trump) doesn't stop them from getting hate, why should Lebron be exempt?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kobe got a worse team than this one to the playoffs.

If you are referring to 05-06 Lakers maybe. But that's a different time and competition. Also Kobe was only 27 at that point and did not miss 18 games.

Saw a number somewhere that Zo/BI/Lebron had only played a total of 23 games together. This team never had any continuity, and never really had time to get it going. They are more like the Lakers team after Shaq left.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe vs LeBron is basically Rocky vs Drago. Spoiler alert, Rocky won that fight cuz he was just cut from a different cloth.
Its something many of us have known forever. The only difference between Drago and LeBron is that Drago was a lot more humble and likeable. LeBron truly is a (bleep).
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Lakers_310 wrote:
You mean the seasons when he won 27 games and 17 games? The worst seasons in Lakers history?

Vin wrote:
Pre achilies Kobe would've guaranteed the playoffs when everyone was starting to doubt, played 48 minutes a game, and got the team in the playoffs whatever it took.

Just a different kind of guy.

Get back in your bandwagon and ride it back to Cleveland, clown

You aren't a Laker fan you're a LeStan
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:

amongst a crowd.

Know what else is cowardly and classless?

Accepting the role of leader and max contract for a developing team and then not giving full effort, not being a leader and creating a dysfunctional locker room with your antics on and off the court.

James earned every one of those boos with his own actions and attitude.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Kobe vs LeBron is basically Rocky vs Drago. Spoiler alert, Rocky won that fight cuz he was just cut from a different cloth.
Its something many of us have known forever. The only difference between Drago and LeBron is that Drago was a lot more humble and likeable. LeBron truly is a (bleep).

Cute comparison but I think we're underselling Kobe if we're comparing him to a slugger with a strong chin. Kobe is as skilled as anyone who has ever played the game to go with his unmatched will to win.

Lebron doesn't impress me, guy has no heart. You can tell he's always just been bigger and more talented than everyone else and is the ultimate frontrunner, once he gets punched in the mouth he falls apart. The skill level and will to win is just not there when compared with other greats.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
deal wrote:

amongst a crowd.

Know what else is cowardly and classless?

Accepting the role of leader and max contract for a developing team and then not giving full effort, not being a leader and creating a dysfunctional locker room with your antics on and off the court.

James earned every one of those boos with his own actions and attitude.

He tried to trade our whole team in his first 3 months here! I would say that disqualifies him from being a Laker until proven otherwise
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Not sure why this devolves into a Bron/Kobe debate?
Kobe good and bad is gone. Retired. Pointing out when he willed us to the playoffs sacrificing his Achilles or when he shot us out of games none of that helps this current team.

Nothing wrong with holding Lebron accountable for bad defense or poor leadership. nothing wrong with asking if Luke is the best man for the job or questioning Maginka ...why? Because all of those are current concerns. Bringing up Kobe is counter-productive. Bron is our current star ...let's ask for and hope for the best for him because ultimately that is beneficial to the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

People pay their money, if they want to cheer, let them cheer. If they want to boo, let them boo.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
People pay their money, if they want to cheer, let them cheer. If they want to boo, let them boo.

I have no issue and if I paid staples prices for a game I might have booed as well. But bringing up Kobe or tearing down Bron and Rich Paul does no one any good.

*Not saying you are VLF, speaking in general*

Last edited by Killakobe81 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

Rocky and Kobe two of Philly's best warriors
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Cute comparison but I think we're underselling Kobe if we're comparing him to a slugger with a strong chin. Kobe is as skilled as anyone who has ever played the game to go with his unmatched will to win.

Lebron doesn't impress me, guy has no heart. You can tell he's always just been bigger and more talented than everyone else and is the ultimate frontrunner, once he gets punched in the mouth he falls apart. The skill level and will to win is just not there when compared with other greats.

Such a spot on, succinct description
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

^ no comparison off the court though imo
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Dude has chosen 1 tattooed on his back lmao... He tossed money around for some causes, so do lots of people (including Trump) doesn't stop them from getting hate, why should Lebron be exempt?

I find people with either Trump Derangement Syndrome or Lebron Derangement Syndrome pretty ridiculous.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He tossed money around for some causes, so do lots of people (including Trump) doesn't stop them from getting hate, why should Lebron be exempt?

Good lord...
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Not sure why this devolves into a Bron/Kobe debate?
Kobe good and bad is gone. Retired. Pointing out when he willed us to the playoffs sacrificing his Achilles or when he shot us out of games none of that helps this current team.

Nothing wrong with holding Lebron accountable for bad defense or poor leadership. nothing wrong with asking if Luke is the best man for the job or questioning Maginka ...why? Because all of those are current concerns. Bringing up Kobe is counter-productive. Bron is our current star ...let's ask for and hope for the best for him because ultimately that is beneficial to the Lakers.

Amen. Kobe isn't an option so I don't know why people are still chanting his name.

A 34 year old LeBron was never going to erase Kobe's name from the rafters but he does generate more hope than this team has had in years and that's what the team needs, right? To be successful again without Kobe? Just like they achieved success again after Shaq, Magic, Kareem, and so on?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
He tossed money around for some causes, so do lots of people (including Trump) doesn't stop them from getting hate, why should Lebron be exempt?

Good lord...

let's keep trump out of this...that sob never gave to a charity not named trump

botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Greyhound wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
has nothing to do with kobe. yes we saw kobe and magic and know what that looks like. the issue is lbj, by himself, no comparison needed. he is not a great player. he is as good as randle, that type. he misses lots of free throws. none of this needs comparison to anybody, it will just make it worse.

his "great" passing is just bring the ball up and pass to someone for a three. His "great" d is trying to get weakside blocks, otherwise he is just standing there. this is before la, after la, before playoff activation mode, after playoff activation mode....no compariosn needed.

he shoots...average. oh but his %, but his stats? lol.

why would laker fans be all out to prove he is bad if he is not bad? lol. we gain nothing by lbj sucking, I would LOVE to be proven wrong, eat crow, as lebron proves me wrong that he is an EXCELLENT baller with high level skills, like the greatest of all timers!! he is average....its going to take a lot to get this average star into the finals and win. the warriors are definitely NOT average. and neither are a lot of other teams in the way. kobe isnt even in the league. paul george would whoop lbj individually AND team-wise.

VORP (value over replacement player)

Lebron: 8.8, 9.5, 7.6, 10.1, 11.6, 10.9, 8.2, 7.6, 9.8, 8.0 (04-05 through 13-14). The 9.5 through 9.8 led the league. You can add another 9.8, league leader, last season as well.

Kobe: 7.1. His highest ever, 02-03 season. Never led the league.

The cumulative totals are Lebron at 128.9 to 72.1 for Kobe.

BPM (box plus minus)

Lebron: 9.5, 7.6, 10.1, 11.6, 10.9, 8.2, 7.6, 9.8 05-06 through 12-13. Led the league every year.

Kobe: 6.4 Never led the league and the 6.4 is the only time over 6.

The cumulative totals are Lebron at 9.8 to 3.9 for Kobe.

Win shares

Lebron 225.8
Kobe 172.7

Lebron led the league from 08-09 through 12-13. Kobe never led the league. In Kobe's best season, 05-06, he was good for 15.3. Lebron was good for 16.3. Neither led the league.

Perhaps it is time for some to realize that as good as Kobe was, he was nevertheless an inefficient volume scorer. He is the NBA all time leader in FGA with 26,200. Passed a Celt, pity, to become the leader. Lebron is at 23,275. And so you get this, eFG%, Lebron = .541, Kobe = .482.

In other words, pick a line:

.504, .344, .737, .541
.447, .329, .837, .482

And as bad as some think Lebron from the line, the career difference is a 1 FT out of 10 FT.

And why don't we add RPG and APG:

Lebron = 7.4 RPG and 7.4 APG
Kobe = 5.2 RPG and 4.7 APG

And I almost left out PER:

Lebron 27.2
Kobe 22.9

In what possible way, save for FT shooting, is Kobe better than Lebron?

For how bad the anti-Lebron comments, Lebron too was drafted out of high school. Not unexpectedly, his rookie season was his worst. Played in and started 79 games, 39.5 minutes a game, and while his shooting numbers were horrific, he ended up at 20.9 PPG. In his second season, he lead the league at 44.9 MPG. His FGA was a respectable .471, his 3P% at .344 and he ended the season with 27.2 PPG. At the end of Kobe's second season, he had played in 79 games, started 1 game, wen for 26 MPG with 15.4 PPG. Lebron has been torching the league since his second season. Kobe, well, not quite so much.

Lastly, see my user name? Greyhound. Would be Walter Davis, who, if cocaine had gotten in the way, might be up there with Kobe. No player that I have ever seen had a better shooting form and he could run with anyone. Hard being a Lakers fan back in the day when your favorite player was Walter Davis. Here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/daviswa03.html

And I'm not alone, by the way, since me and LamarMatic:

And if they don't hire a shooting coach:

Retired as 18th leading scorer in NBA history and is now 48th. Walter otherwise undoubtedly had one of the best games ever:

In an otherwise meaningless game in Seattle on Feb. 25, 1983, Davis put together as efficient a 36-point performance as has ever been seen, making 15 of 16 field goals and all six of his free throw attempts. If the thought of a guy dropping 36 on a combined 20-for-21 is not sufficiently impressive, consider that he essentially achieved the feat flawlessly. His only miss of the night came with 55 seconds left in the fourth quarter, with a perfect 34 — which broke Larry Costello’s 1961 record of 32 points without a miss — already in the bank.

And I related all this re Walter because one has to see greatness for what it is. Leave the emotion and the fandom there in the closet where it belongs. By the way, in an offensive contest, you can take MJ and I'll take Walter.

IDK how you can you watch LeBron this year and not have a greater appreciation for Kobe.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

Spoiler alert: Rocky won because that movie was written during the Cold War 1.0 and he had to beat the big bad Russian. In reality that fight goes more like Tyson vs Lewis (you know, hard street kid gets his ass handed to him by the London-born, Canadian prep school kid from the soft streets of a Toronto suburb....).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Good lord...

The times we live in. Lets not defile this Lebron hate thread by talking about the President of the United States.

We have standards!
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Good lord...

The times we live in. Lets not defile this Lebron hate thread by talking about the President of the United States.

We have standards!
Yeah. Trump is a winner. This Lakers squad is full of losers. Especially Le3-6.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: