What should we do with our lottery pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Ideally you would keep the talent and develop them along our other youngsters. But that wont happen, Klutch will be fielding trade calls immediately.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Keep it. Build around Lonzo and Ingram, not LeBron.

X 5...

kind of tired of everyone here willing to sell their souls for a recognizable name... wtfudge

Watching Lebron this season, I now realize he will need 2 more stars and a bench to make us a contender. His age is really showing. He tried to pace himself and that doesn't work in the west.

I hope we just spend cap on a 2nd star and roll with the team we have. No more non-sensical Zubac type deals. Take BPA in the draft and let's go.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Lakers better keep the pick if we land at the top 4, AD can come in 2020 as a FA if he wants, this is a deep draft and is suppoed to be the best talented draft in recent memory..
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers better keep the pick if we land at the top 4, AD can come in 2020 as a FA if he wants, this is a deep draft and is suppoed to be the best talented draft in recent memory..

No, this is supposed to be one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, this is supposed to be one of the weakest drafts in recent memory.

I trust our scouting dept to continue their good work and find a quality player in the lottery, regardless of draft position.

In any event, I believe that a great deal of sports media pre-draft prognosticating turns out to be wrong.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
NO isn’t trading AD here

I hope not.

We focus on Kyrie on a 1yr + option.

AD comes as a free agent 2020...max him and Kyrie.

Keep all our picks.

Wait, what?

Kyrie will get either a 5 year max from the Celtics or a full 4 year max from other teams.

Plus, even if he miraculously signed a 1 year deal, we would only be able to afford 1 of AD or Kyrie, assuming we drop BI or Lonzo in the process too.

If Kyrie is in, for a good return I would trade Lonzo.

I would dump BI too if it will accommodate Brow.

Math guys can chime in any time.

I just did. You cannot do it.

In order to sign AD (with no Kyrie even on the books going into 2020) you'll need to either get rid of BI (21m+ cap hold) or Lonzo/other kids.

That's just to sign AD.

You won't have the 34-35m required to max out Kyrie thereafter.

I did the math.

Bron, Kyrie and Brow=$105,530,000

Deng=5M

Doable but we have to trade everyone
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Deandre Hunter does look nice.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
NO isn’t trading AD here

Nobody is doing us any favors, especially NO. Sure if we were a small market Eastern Conference team. NO would trade us AD for 2 of our 3 (Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo) . But we're not.
NO wanted to keep AD. And they blame us for losing him (eventually).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

I for one do not believe all the trade BS. However, if the offer was true, the Pels are shooting themselves in the foot for not making that "supposed" trade. One thing is for sure. The Pels would never get that deal again as the value of BI has SKYROCKETED.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
This is a really weak draft. Unless we luck into a top 4 pick or something, it's unlikely to be a game changing prospect. IF (a big if) we miss out on signing a max free agent, I would consider it professional incompetence if Magic DIDN'T offer our pick for AD.

Like it or not (and I realize some here do not like it and would rather see us in the lottery for another 5 years I guess), we have a two year window of high level Lebron and we need a second superstar to complete the plan.

A second superstar doesn't complete the plan. Not even close. Lebron is no longer the best player in the game so one more superstar won't even get them to the finals. Lebron + Davis + a bunch of bums is a WCF appearance AT BEST. In fact, I will be as bold to say as it will be the second most disappointing season in recent memory for the Lakers (2004 is hard to top). Lebron has shown incompetence when it comes to playing with all-star big men and once reality sets in that the team isn't going anywhere after trading away their entire future it'll be quite brutal.

Kyrie + Lebron + Davis probably won't get it done either. That team will spend more time injured than on the court together. So the only way the plan gets complete is if they get Kawhi in this entire thing. Then we can legitimately think about a ring.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Find a way to draft the Maple Mamba, RJ Barrett. Get rid of Luke and replace him with Chauncey. Then you pick up Anthony Bennett from the GLeague. Finally, you pick up Kawhi or Klay and you release the rental vets. Push the pace, and if King can’t keep up, trade him straight up for AD on a sign/trade. There is life after King.
Mamba&Magic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I'd definitely keep it and take BPA (although trading back to roughly 20 for Jontay Porter and picking up another pick might be nice). Use the FA money to make the team better and draft good players. The idea of trading everyone for AD is losing its luster. Let NO trade him elsewhere.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

If we luck into the 1st pick for Zion, we keep the pick obviously lol.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Depends where we land, at number 1 we go for ZION. With #4 for example you go for whom ever is still on the board of who you were most impressed by during workouts...
Lets say for fun. we're the luckiest franchise of all time. and we win the Zion sweepstakes.

Then here comes the pells "ok lets do a trade?" Do we tell the pells to kick rocks and we will see AD the following summer? so that means we wait another year. not the original 2 year magic plan. but a 3rd year but you do have bron and zion on the same team. are you guys willing to wait another year in that scenario or are you guys willing to flip zion and pieces for a star?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
where24happens wrote:
This is a really weak draft. Unless we luck into a top 4 pick or something, it's unlikely to be a game changing prospect. IF (a big if) we miss out on signing a max free agent, I would consider it professional incompetence if Magic DIDN'T offer our pick for AD.

Like it or not (and I realize some here do not like it and would rather see us in the lottery for another 5 years I guess), we have a two year window of high level Lebron and we need a second superstar to complete the plan.

A second superstar doesn't complete the plan. Not even close. Lebron is no longer the best player in the game so one more superstar won't even get them to the finals. Lebron + Davis + a bunch of bums is a WCF appearance AT BEST. In fact, I will be as bold to say as it will be the second most disappointing season in recent memory for the Lakers (2004 is hard to top). Lebron has shown incompetence when it comes to playing with all-star big men and once reality sets in that the team isn't going anywhere after trading away their entire future it'll be quite brutal.

Kyrie + Lebron + Davis probably won't get it done either. That team will spend more time injured than on the court together. So the only way the plan gets complete is if they get Kawhi in this entire thing. Then we can legitimately think about a ring.
but isnt kawhi on restrictions to regarding health?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
If we luck into the 1st pick for Zion, we keep the pick obviously lol.

Even with AD on the table? You wouldn’t give up Zion and lesser assets for example Hart or Kuz and a future first for AD?
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Keep it no matter what. Tell magic to stay out of it, and have Ryan West make all draft decisions
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Trade it after we inevitably strike out in free agency for a big name and NO continues their collusion. Offer the prospect + Hart + Ingram for a star like Beal or Dame. Then bring back Randle in free agency.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Deandre Hunter does look nice.

Yeah, I like him a lot. I hope he slides down.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Depends where we land, at number 1 we go for ZION. With #4 for example you go for whom ever is still on the board of who you were most impressed by during workouts...
Lets say for fun. we're the luckiest franchise of all time. and we win the Zion sweepstakes.

Then here comes the pells "ok lets do a trade?" Do we tell the pells to kick rocks and we will see AD the following summer? so that means we wait another year. not the original 2 year magic plan. but a 3rd year but you do have bron and zion on the same team. are you guys willing to wait another year in that scenario or are you guys willing to flip zion and pieces for a star?

To me it's simple: In the unlikely event we get Zion, we keep him and just move forward. That makes more sense than feeling pressured to do an immediate rebuild with an aging Lebron. And if his rookie year shows the promise we expect, we could probably attract a strong free agent.

I
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Kick rocks because we got ourselves a rotation player and still have capspace. This ties in with building around Zo and Ingram too.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Kick rocks because we got ourselves a rotation player and still have capspace. This ties in with building around Zo and Ingram too.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Those three defensively would be a nightmare in a few years. Spacing issues for sure but I’d love to see it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Those three defensively would be a nightmare in a few years. Spacing issues for sure but I’d love to see it.

At least Zion is willing to shoot 3s, even though that form is broken.

But yeah, there'd be a lot to cheer for initially building around those three.

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

At least Zion is willing to shoot 3s, even though that form is broken.

But yeah, there'd be a lot to cheer for initially building around those three.
it would definitely make up for getting rid of our best lottery pick from the last 5 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: