Net Fans Thank Magic Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The only plus I see in DLo is his possible penchant for being clutch but otherwise I'm not impressed with his team leading 20ppg (contract year) with only Dinwiddie at 17ppg as the closest competition.

I'd take a well developed and focused Kuzma over DLo.

That’s a good argument, same age, who’s ahead, Kuz or DLo

Kuzma would easily average north of 25 ppg 8 rpg playing the no.1 role in Brooklyn.

Dlo has improved on his assists though.

Holy hot damn

He's 19/6 this year playing 3rd option to Bron and Bran, so...

So he's going to raise his volume stats without losing any efficiency? This is beside the fact that I'm not sure if you've ever watched Kuzma or the Nets play this season based on this statement. Kuzma is a guy who thrives playing off people and moving. D'Angelo has spent large segments of the season as the team's only shot creator and has produced to the tune of 7 assists per game and is literally one of the league's top 5 scorers for unassisted baskets.

Edit: https://twitter.com/balldontstop/status/1103035064294596613?fbclid=IwAR2lVWPCVDmUYX1UGrm_CFTbPc8vUtC9FNTlmCJTqgW4V52_js5E_g1EEDc

He's actually no. 4 behind just Harden, Kemba and Dame.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The only plus I see in DLo is his possible penchant for being clutch but otherwise I'm not impressed with his team leading 20ppg (contract year) with only Dinwiddie at 17ppg as the closest competition.

Kuzma would easily average north of 25 ppg 8 rpg playing the no.1 role in Brooklyn.

Holy hot damn

So he's going to raise his volume stats without losing any efficiency? This is beside the fact that I'm not sure if you've ever watched Kuzma or the Nets play this season based on this statement. Kuzma is a guy who thrives playing off people and moving. D'Angelo has spent large segments of the season as the team's only shot creator and has produced to the tune of 7 assists per game and is literally one of the league's top 5 scorers for unassisted baskets.

Did I ever imply that they had the same offensive style?

What I'm saying is Kuzma, given the plays and offensive focus on any team can perform at par or more than Dlo.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
This back and forth is making me hate Kuzma for being such a selfish (bleep). Why isn't he out there giving me something closer to PG13 counting stats if he's a top-10 caliber player? Because he's jealous of Lebron getting so many touches? If Kuz can easily average 8 rpg, why is he only averaging 5.7 rpg with a 9% TRB%, and why does he need to be the focal point on offense to rebound better? What a spoiled jerk that kid is!

Are you kidding me with this?

Rebounding is set up by the plays the team runs and not by volition.

So now Luke and the coaching staff are in on it, too! If only Kuz wasn't being held back by the Lakers he would rightfully take his place as a top-10 caliber player as a #1 option elsewhere. The burden he must be under to sacrifice so much of his game for the good of the 30-win Lakers. Can you imagine?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

What I'm saying is Kuzma, given the plays and offensive focus on any team can perform at par or more than Dlo.

Ut! Ut! Ut! You actually wrote that he would average 25/8 putting him in company with Giannis, AD, Lebron, PG13, and Embiid. Let's not forget now, it was only a few posts ago.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Nope Kuzma neither can shoot nor create for himself and others. You need those abilities if you want to even sniff being 25+ ppg player.

Kuz is like bottom 5 for rebounds in terms of his position for someone who avg 30 min. No way his rebounding situation changes going to a team like BRK.

Kuz also isn't a leader so the nets would be like a bottom 3 team given the injuries they've sustained throughout the season.

Last edited by dabask11 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

The difference in their play styles means Kuzma is unlikely to produce the 25 and 8 you're talking about because he's not good at creating his own shots. He's a guy who scores off other people's creation. That's the point.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
This back and forth is making me hate Kuzma for being such a selfish (bleep). Why isn't he out there giving me something closer to PG13 counting stats if he's a top-10 caliber player? Because he's jealous of Lebron getting so many touches? If Kuz can easily average 8 rpg, why is he only averaging 5.7 rpg with a 9% TRB%, and why does he need to be the focal point on offense to rebound better? What a spoiled jerk that kid is!

Are you kidding me with this?

Rebounding is set up by the plays the team runs and not by volition.

So now Luke and the coaching staff are in on it, too! If only Kuz wasn't being held back by the Lakers he would rightfully take his place as a top-10 caliber player as a #1 option elsewhere. The burden he must be under to sacrifice so much of his game for the good of the 30-win Lakers. Can you imagine?

that's where I draw the line,

bye BVH
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Why are we talking about a Nets player on the Lakers board when he has his own thread on another section of the site? Is it because the mods will never get over their love affair with Russell?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

The difference in their play styles means Kuzma is unlikely to produce the 25 and 8 you're talking about because he's not good at creating his own shots. He's a guy who scores off other people's creation. That's the point.

So scoring is primarily creating your own shots?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Magic.
I'm interested to see how DLO plays next year after hopefully a huge contract.
Hoping it keeps Brooklyn in the dumps for years to come.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Russell is not that good and his health would still concern me
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Thanks Magic.
I'm interested to see how DLO plays next year after hopefully a huge contract.
Hoping it keeps Brooklyn in the dumps for years to come.

I wish Dlo the best, I wish all the players the best.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

When we're talking about being 25+ scorer yes.

Simply put, you need to touch the ball a lot to score 25+ on a nightly basis. You won't touch the ball a lot if you can't create for yourself or others.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

When you're saying a guy is going to be the no. 1 option averaging 25 ppg as a perimeter oriented player? Uh. Yeah. That's NBA basketball. Shot creation (for yourself and others) is arguably the most valuable skill.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

Simply put, you need to touch the ball a lot to score 25+ on a nightly basis. You won't touch the ball a lot if you can't create for yourself or others.

So you can't catch and shoot or shoot over people and average >25?

I disagree with that and so does Dale Ellis
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

Kuz can't shoot in addition to not being able to create his own shot for himself or others, so it makes the argument even worse.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I kind of hope Kuz gets traded to Cleveland now so we can see him average 25/8 and lead the Cavs to the playoffs in the weak EC.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

lol Kuz is not that kind of shooter.
daSilentFlame
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

Wait what? Kuzma and Dale Ellis aren’t the same type of player plus Kuzma is nowhere near the shooter Ellis was. At least try to find a similar comparison. IMO, Kuzma “may” be closest to Rasheed Lewis if anything and he never avg 25.

Last edited by daSilentFlame on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
KBH wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
governator wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Holy hot damn

lol Kuz is not that kind of shooter.

Right.

Dale Ellis was more proficient but it just shows you how a catch and shoot guy with proficiency can average 27ppg.

Kuzma with his poor shooting stats averages 19ppg as a third option. My point.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Right.

Dale Ellis was more proficient but it just shows you how a catch and shoot guy with proficiency can average 27ppg.

And what everyone else is saying is those poor shooting stats as a third option means he's not going to be a 25+ scorer as a no 1, especially with his lack of ability to create shots for himself and others.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Right.

And what everyone else is saying is those poor shootings stats as a third option means he's not going to be a 25+ scorer as a no 1, especially with his lack of ability to create shots for himself and others.

You're the guy who previously said Kuz can't shoot.

So I will just place you on auto-ignore.
daSilentFlame
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Either way, it’s not about Kuzma vs DLO. It’s more about how the front office has manage our young assets and the direction of the team. I really like DLO when he was here, mainly because he’s shown plenty of potential while here, and I’m happy he’s doing well in BKN. Personal I just hope management figures out what direction they are going with and commit to it and make smarter decisions this summer. Lakers can’t have another failed summer and preserve cap strategy again... it’s not working.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Right.

And what everyone else is saying is those poor shootings stats as a third option means he's not going to be a 25+ scorer as a no 1, especially with his lack of ability to create shots for himself and others.

You're the guy who previously said Kuz can't shoot.

So I will just place you on auto-ignore.

You even said he has poor shooting stats.

Thank you for proving my point

Glad someone knows when they've lost an argument

Last edited by dabask11 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

daSilentFlame wrote:
Either way, it’s not about Kuzma vs DLO. It’s more about how the front office has manage our young assets and the direction of the team. I really like DLO when he was here, mainly because he’s shown plenty of potential while here, and I’m happy he’s doing well in BKN. Personal I just hope management figures out what direction they are going with and commit to it and make smarter decisions this summer. Lakers can’t have another failed summer and preserve cap strategy again... it’s not working.

The thing is we want the Lakers to win.

We can argue on things we'll never have control of but in the end we share the hope of someday we'll be back in the playoffs.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: