Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama

Quote:
Portland Trail Blazers center Enes Kanter said he opted not to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers because of the drama that tends to surround a team led by LeBron James.

On Thursday, Kanter noted during an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that the Blazers presented a more stable organization to enter in the middle of a season.

"I looked at the chemistry [the Lakers] have and I saw the, you know, all the drama that's going on," he said. "I was like, you know what, I just wanna be drama-free, finish the season drama-free. Go on a good team, good culture, good coaching staff, good players. Just want to enjoy basketball, finally."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824453-enes-kanter-joined-trail-blazers-to-avoid-lebron-james-lakers-drama.amp.html

So Jim Buss is gone, and the same stigma is surrounding the Lakers. The common denominator in all this is Jeanie Buss. The Lakers right now are the laughing stock of the league. Again, if you wanna say Jim firing was warranted, that's ok, Mitch too, cool, but it doesn't make sense to replace them with 2 people that have no front office knowledge. Then deny Jerry West who could have helped in that regard. This season is worst than any other season under jim/Mitch because we are terrible and we have a superstar in Lebron. Jim and Mitch didn't have that. They started to build through the draft and mold our own stars, while possibly adding a star to the young team.

We could talk about the Moz and Deng contracts, which is an understanding gripe, but we still had DLO, Randle, BI, and Zu. This was handed to the new FO regime. Moz and Deng contracts does not justify letting Randle walk for nothing. Not going after Brook or re-signing Bryant. Letting Zu go for nothing. Trading DLO before we could even see how he does along side Zo. Then the whole AD debacle where we put in an outrageous offer of Zo, Kuz, BI, Hart, Zu, 2 future picks.

Let's not talk about the Hollywood trainer we hired and our sorry medical staff.

Who wants to come to this mess? I understand people giving Magic another summer, but the 2 seasons Magic have been apart of have been worse than amateur hour. Rob is not it. I don't know what star wants to be paired with Bron. This Lakers team needs to be cleaned up, top to bottom and get some credible people in the FO to fix this because right now, Dr. Buss is rolling over in his grave. I can barely even watch the games. If it wasn't for BI, I probably wouldn't, which is crazy because we have Bron and he's the superstar. I'm looking forward to Zo coming back, if he does.

I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited by Outspoken on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

says the guy who is drama queen himself. nobody cares about him in turkey but he thinks the gov will try to kill him if he goes to london.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

That sentiment is likely to carry over into the summer.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
says the guy who is drama queen himself. nobody cares about him in turkey but he thinks the gov will try to kill him if he goes to london.

A person who is a drama queen, doesn't even wanna be apart of the Lakers drama. That says a lot in it's self.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama

Outspoken wrote:
This season is worst than any other season because we are terrible and we have a superstar in Lebron.

I think I may have found something even more worst!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

So a team without an owner is seen as more stable than the Lakers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

Even Melo, a guy who no team wants to sign, turned us down. That's like a girl refusing to have sex with you even if you were the last guy living on earth. Don't be that guy. And here LGers bring up names like Klay, Kawhi, and KD just like every year before where they brought up names like WB and PG13. In the end, we're still 'that guy'.

I'm keeping my expectation really low going into this offseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

Or maybe he joined a team firmly in the playoff picture?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Possibly, but we can only go off of what he said. KD has said Lebron is toxic. I think other players see this, especially with the media spreading the drama on national TV and talking about it 24/7.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

There's an arrest warrant for him in Turkey. His Turkish passport was cancelled and his father lost his job at a university because of Enes's embrace of Gullen (even though his family disowned him). He chose to embrace Gullen, so that's on him, but I fail to see how losing your citizenship and having an international arrest warrant for you makes you a drama queen.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Paul George: I only want to be traded to the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Paul George: Some people have a hard time playing with Lebron.
*Stays with chuckbrook.

Kawhi Leonard: I only want LA. Trade me to LA, preferably the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Reports surface that he is more interested in the Clippers.

Kevin Durant: Lebron and the media create a toxic environment.

This is nothing new. Lebron even admitted in an interview that numerous players have rejected his recruiting efforts. Don’t expect a big name this summer guys. Expect our core to be traded for 2 years of 1st round exits. Lebron is single handedly ruining this franchise. But hey at least he is getting his 28/8/8 while we lose with no defense!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Highly doubt a big time FA comes to the Lakers. Hope I am wrong.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

There's an arrest warrant for him in Turkey. His Turkish passport was cancelled and his father lost his job at a university because of Enes's embrace of Gullen (even though his family disowned him). He chose to embrace Gullen, so that's on him, but I fail to see how losing your citizenship and having an international arrest warrant for you makes you a drama queen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Possibly, but we can only go off of what he said. KD has said Lebron is toxic. I think other players see this, especially with the media spreading the drama on national TV and talking about it 24/7.

Technically KD did not say that Lebron was toxic, just that the media attention around him was. And he is probably right.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Technically KD did not say that Lebron was toxic, just that the media attention around him was. And he is probably right.

True, which the media right now surrounding Lebron and the Lakers validates KD's point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

I think Kanter knows that his time in the NBA may be drawing to a close and that with Erdogan in office for life he's more vulnerable playing in Europe. He's trying to build up a media brand to eventually pitch himself to ESPN so he can keep that U.S. visa. More power to him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I think Kanter knows that his time in the NBA may be drawing to a close and that with Erdogan in office for life he's more vulnerable playing in Europe. He's trying to build up a media brand to eventually pitch himself to ESPN so he can keep that U.S. visa. More power to him.

maybe, but I would assume it would be very easy for him to get employment to keep a Visa....I would think many FO's could give him a "title", right?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

maybe, but I would assume it would be very easy for him to get employment to keep a Visa....I would think many FO's could give him a "title", right?

True, he could be a "player development coach" like good soldier Dancin' Madsen.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Drama and a losing record probably aren't going to be attractive to too many people if they have multiple offers.

I think that will be an issue this summer and Magic/Rob/LeBron are going to have a response that's more than "we're the Lakers."
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

What good does it do to trash someone who is reinforcing what many players in the league think about our organization?

It's this type of arrogance and hubris that has got us into the situation... and until we accept that we are currently not a desirable destination for many players and take measures to address this, then we are at a severe disadvantage competing for a championship.

Only a fool doubles down and says... No, we are fine... it's the rest of the world who is crazy.

We must admit we were wrong, make some key management changes to signal other free agents... and start anew.

Telling the rest of the league to "Be professional" and living in the past like Al Bundy with his four touchdown game is not going to get anyone signed.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
What good does it do to trash someone who is reinforcing what many players in the league think about our organization?

It's this type of arrogance and hubris that has got us into the situation... and until we accept that we are currently not a desirable destination for many players and take measures to address this, then we are at a severe disadvantage competing for a championship.

Only a fool doubles down and says... No, we are fine... it's the rest of the world who is crazy.

We must admit we were wrong, make some key management changes to signal other free agents... and start anew.

Telling the rest of the league to "Be professional" and living in the past like Al Bundy with his four touchdown game is not going to get anyone signed.

This is why I've been saying the Clippers are a major threat this summer. They make the moves of a boss and have the image of an underdog. We make questionable moves and have the perception of being arrogant drama queens. This Clipper team reminds me of the Laker team before Shaq signed: lot of strong role players, playoff team, missing a star to get them to the next level.

I hope the FO isn't drowning in Laker superiority, and recognize the threat in their own backyard.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Lol... Kanter holds no key or Impact of what the NBA landscape thinks about the Lakers..

Kanter wanted to be on a playoff team and we did not offer anything to the players who wanted to be apart of it, which is why even Melo did not join us.. these sentiments do not tell us what players think about our team...
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:

Lol... Kanter holds no key or Impact of what the NBA landscape thinks about the Lakers..

Kanter wanted to be on a playoff team and we did not offer anything to the players who wanted to be apart of it, which is why even Melo did not join us.. these sentiments do not tell us what players think about our team...

Kanter and Kevin Durant are saying the same thing. I think it's safe to assume they're not the only players who have thought about this.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

I definitely believe that's how many players view us right now (rightfully so), and it doesn't help us this summer, but you also never know who's crazy enough among the top guys to join this circus. I wouldn't completely write it off just yet, though I'm not optimistic.

Also, Kanter is probably just piling on because of his history with Lebron. He's more of a WWE act at this point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:

Kanter and Kevin Durant are saying the same thing. I think it's safe to assume they're not the only players who have thought about this.

Irving and AD and many players in the NBA probably don’t care about the LeBron/Lakers drama like you said you are only mentioning like a few players who wouldn’t want to bother with us... the reality is we are still a franchise many players want to play for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: