Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

I want to be wrong.

I want Kawhi/KD to come this summer. I want Celtics to try to undercut NO and we can get AD by giving up one of our core. But let's be real. It's prob not gonna happen. Its likely Klay stays, Kawhi goes to the clippers, KD and Kyrie go to the knicks. And we have to scrounge up this core for a trade to get Dame or Beal otherwise Bron and Klutch will start blasting us and Magic.

It's crappy. Rob Parker was right though when he went on Cowherd's show. Paul George electing not to come will be the reason why bron never wins another title and the Lakers are cooked.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Irving and AD and many players in the NBA probably don’t care about the LeBron/Lakers drama like you said you are only mentioning like a few players who wouldn’t want to bother with us... the reality is we are still a franchise many players want to play for.

Irving specifically left to get away from LeBron drama. Seeing it happen yet again is probably not encouraging to him. AD is having his career directly impacted by LeBron drama. I don't think he's terribly keen on having his minutes dramatically reduced, nor being forced into losing on account of burning his bridges because Klutch played their hand poorly. You are as delusional as management if you think these things do not have an impact on free agency. Optics matter.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Enes Kanter went somewhere to avoid someone else’s drama?! Now THAT is rich!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
says the guy who is drama queen himself. nobody cares about him in turkey but he thinks the gov will try to kill him if he goes to london.

There's an arrest warrant for him in Turkey. His Turkish passport was cancelled and his father lost his job at a university because of Enes's embrace of Gullen (even though his family disowned him). He chose to embrace Gullen, so that's on him, but I fail to see how losing your citizenship and having an international arrest warrant for you makes you a drama queen.

no but putting the lakers in the middle and not taking a high road does.

all he had to say was, i think portland is the best fit for me and move on.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
That sentiment is likely to carry over into the summer.

Lol... Kanter holds no key or Impact of what the NBA landscape thinks about the Lakers..

Kanter wanted to be on a playoff team and we did not offer anything to the players who wanted to be apart of it, which is why even Melo did not join us.. these sentiments do not tell us what players think about our team...

Kanter and Kevin Durant are saying the same thing. I think it's safe to assume they're not the only players who have thought about this.

Irving and AD and many players in the NBA probably don’t care about the LeBron/Lakers drama like you said you are only mentioning like a few players who wouldn’t want to bother with us... the reality is we are still a franchise many players want to play for.

Irving did care, that's why he asked out of Cleveland. Being out of Cleveland on a team that was successful before his arrival is just proving he might not be a great guy to play with either.

If many players wanted to play with the Lakers simply because we are the premier franchise we think we are we would have signed plenty of guys by now. The opposite is proving to be true.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Irving specifically left to get away from LeBron drama. Seeing it happen yet again is probably not encouraging to him. AD is having his career directly impacted by LeBron drama. I don't think he's terribly keen on having his minutes dramatically reduced, nor being forced into losing on account of burning his bridges because Klutch played their hand poorly. You are as delusional as management if you think these things do not have an impact on free agency. Optics matter.

Kanter choose to go to a better situation, that doesn’t mean players this summer won’t want to join us and make us better, optics matter but not from a LeBron hater like Kanter....
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

A lot of us said when we hired Magic and Co, be careful what you wish for.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

All these foos, PG13, Kanter, whoever... you made your choice, stop mentioning the Lakers to get attention
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
All these foos, PG13, Kanter, whoever... you made your choice, stop mentioning the Lakers to get attention

exactly. not hard to do either
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Yeah, it’s annoying.... Thankfully Kanter is irrelevant, I bet many FAs this summer are gonna show interest in us.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I CANNOT IMAGINE ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IN WHICH THE LAKERS EVEN WANTED KANTER!

Just like "Magic offered 4 players and 6 draft picks for AD," I think this is made out of whole cloth.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

They are nba players, they don't have to mention us for attention. They are just speaking their minds.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Where is the drama on the Lakers? I don't see any drama here.

The player seem to get along well. We may project that the young core doesn't like Lebron, but there's really no evidence of that.

The players are no more critical of the head coach as any other team that is struggling. The ownership is fairly quiet and not at odds with anyone.

The only drama was with the AD trade, but that wasn't completely the Lakers fault. And yet the media is obsessed with piling on stupid stuff every week to the Lakers. Every week.

Yes, it's been a disappointment this season, but I wouldn't agree that there is drama.

Now, lets take Mr. Kanter...

1) has an ongoing feud with Lebron James, which Kanter keeps going and adding fire too.

2) wasn't able to get along with his previous coach, front office, and teammates in New York and demands to be traded

3) has an entire country (Turkey) that wants to put his ass in prison.

Seems to me that it's Kanter that has quite a bit on his plate, not the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

The player seem to get along well. We may project that the young core doesn't like Lebron, but there's really no evidence of that.

The players are no more critical of the head coach as any other team that is struggling. The ownership is fairly quiet and not at odds with anyone.

The only drama was with the AD trade, but that wasn't completely the Lakers fault. And yet the media is obsessed with piling on stupid stuff every week to the Lakers. Every week.

Yes, it's been a disappointment this season, but I wouldn't agree that there is drama.

1) has an ongoing feud with Lebron James, which Kanter keeps going and adding fire too.

2) wasn't able to get along with his previous coach, front office, and teammates in New York and demands to be traded

** Kanter, I didn’t even want him on the Lakers... glad to see someone own Kanter.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will get a 2nd star this summer you can book that to the bank.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Kanter couldn't even get minutes on the Knicks. No he would not help our horrid defense.

I don't blame him for choosing the Blazers obviously. I blame the Lakers and Blazers for even being interested in him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Kanter couldn't even get minutes on the Knicks. No he would not help our horrid defense.

I don't blame him for choosing the Blazers obviously. I blame the Lakers and Blazers for even being interested in him.

Kanter is a scrub, who happens to put up stats... he’s also like 30 years old... don’t think anyone cares what he thinks.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

John Ireland, is that you?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well you have no way of knowing that, so it's just a throw away comment.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Well you have no way of knowing that, so it's just a throw away comment.

I just think we have someone in the back pocket yeah, it’s my own personal hunch but even if we don’t get a max star FA I still think we will end up fielding a good team next year.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
What good does it do to trash someone who is reinforcing what many players in the league think about our organization?

It's this type of arrogance and hubris that has got us into the situation... and until we accept that we are currently not a desirable destination for many players and take measures to address this, then we are at a severe disadvantage competing for a championship.

Only a fool doubles down and says... No, we are fine... it's the rest of the world who is crazy.

We must admit we were wrong, make some key management changes to signal other free agents... and start anew.

Telling the rest of the league to "Be professional" and living in the past like Al Bundy with his four touchdown game is not going to get anyone signed.

This is why I've been saying the Clippers are a major threat this summer. They make the moves of a boss and have the image of an underdog. We make questionable moves and have the perception of being arrogant drama queens. This Clipper team reminds me of the Laker team before Shaq signed: lot of strong role players, playoff team, missing a star to get them to the next level.

I hope the FO isn't drowning in Laker superiority, and recognize the threat in their own backyard.

They are a major threat... and anyone who can't see it is blinded by bias or stupidity.

They didn't get rid of Tobias for no reason. I think Kawhi is in the bag.

We keep crowing about Lakers superiority but all we've done so far is get used by LBJ and Klutch and are about to dispose of the rest of our young assets to land AD.

Either we couldn't land any elite free agents, or Klutch tanked any negotiations with other agents so we'd make the Godfather offer for AD.

Either scenario is horrible. Either LBJ was so toxic... we couldn't land any of the elite agents... or he wasn't toxic and we neglected the others like we neglected PG to put AD first in line.

We need to take back the team from Klutch and put our needs before a sports agency's.

It was good to see Jeanie call out Magic a little bit by saying he talks too much... but we need her to do more and put her foot down on more than just Luke's job. She needs to say... the LBJ thing is a fail... we need to cut our losses and rebuild with the youth.

If she has the guts to do that... she can live up to her father's legacy.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama

Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
Portland Trail Blazers center Enes Kanter said he opted not to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers because of the drama that tends to surround a team led by LeBron James.

On Thursday, Kanter noted during an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that the Blazers presented a more stable organization to enter in the middle of a season.

"I looked at the chemistry [the Lakers] have and I saw the, you know, all the drama that's going on," he said. "I was like, you know what, I just wanna be drama-free, finish the season drama-free. Go on a good team, good culture, good coaching staff, good players. Just want to enjoy basketball, finally."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824453-enes-kanter-joined-trail-blazers-to-avoid-lebron-james-lakers-drama.amp.html

So Jim Buss is gone, and the same stigma is surrounding the Lakers. The common denominator in all this is Jeanie Buss. The Lakers right now are the laughing stock of the league. Again, if you wanna say Jim firing was warranted, that's ok, Mitch too, cool, but it doesn't make sense to replace them with 2 people that have no front office knowledge. Then deny Jerry West who could have helped in that regard. This season is worst than any other season under jim/Mitch because we are terrible and we have a superstar in Lebron. Jim and Mitch didn't have that. They started to build through the draft and mold our own stars, while possibly adding a star to the young team.

We could talk about the Moz and Deng contracts, which is an understanding gripe, but we still had DLO, Randle, BI, and Zu. This was handed to the new FO regime. Moz and Deng contracts does not justify letting Randle walk for nothing. Not going after Brook or re-signing Bryant. Letting Zu go for nothing. Trading DLO before we could even see how he does along side Zo. Then the whole AD debacle where we put in an outrageous offer of Zo, Kuz, BI, Hart, Zu, 2 future picks.

Let's not talk about the Hollywood trainer we hired and our sorry medical staff.

Who wants to come to this mess? I understand people giving Magic another summer, but the 2 seasons Magic have been apart of have been worse than amateur hour. Rob is not it. I don't know what star wants to be paired with Bron. This Lakers team needs to be cleaned up, top to bottom and get some credible people in the FO to fix this because right now, Dr. Buss is rolling over in his grave. I can barely even watch the games. If it wasn't for BI, I probably wouldn't, which is crazy because we have Bron and he's the superstar. I'm looking forward to Zo coming back, if he does.

I'm hoping for the best.

Why does anyone care that a scrub chose Portland. Enes Kanter. Who is that. 12th man on the team. Boo hoo hoo
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Enes Kanter went somewhere to avoid someone else’s drama?! Now THAT is rich!

It's telling when Enes Kanter wants no part of the Lakers drama.

Just like it was telling that despite Carmelo's career being on the brink, and LeBron throwing him essentially a lifeline, he wanted no parts of this either.

Sentient Meat wrote:

It was good to see Jeanie call out Magic a little bit by saying he talks too much... but we need her to do more and put her foot down on more than just Luke's job. She needs to say... the LBJ thing is a fail... we need to cut our losses and rebuild with the youth.

If she has the guts to do that... she can live up to her father's legacy.

What she needs to do is step down, the entire reason Magic is here is because he believes in the opposite of the bolded. The moment Jim and Mitch figured it out, and wanted to rebuild through the youth Jeanie had them gone midway through the season, and Magic was quickly brought in to keep punting every year.

That is what Jeanie believes in, she empowers the people that believe in those things.

The only way the above statement happens is if Jeanie fires Magic and Pelinka, brings in Jesse Buss and Ryan West, and step down, leaving Jesse in charge.

chains wrote:

Why does anyone care that a scrub chose Portland. Enes Kanter. Who is that. 12th man on the team. Boo hoo hoo

Name somebody on our roster that isn't our young core or LeBron that is significantly better than him then.

Last edited by MJST on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama

chains wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
Portland Trail Blazers center Enes Kanter said he opted not to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers because of the drama that tends to surround a team led by LeBron James.

On Thursday, Kanter noted during an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that the Blazers presented a more stable organization to enter in the middle of a season.

"I looked at the chemistry [the Lakers] have and I saw the, you know, all the drama that's going on," he said. "I was like, you know what, I just wanna be drama-free, finish the season drama-free. Go on a good team, good culture, good coaching staff, good players. Just want to enjoy basketball, finally."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824453-enes-kanter-joined-trail-blazers-to-avoid-lebron-james-lakers-drama.amp.html

So Jim Buss is gone, and the same stigma is surrounding the Lakers. The common denominator in all this is Jeanie Buss. The Lakers right now are the laughing stock of the league. Again, if you wanna say Jim firing was warranted, that's ok, Mitch too, cool, but it doesn't make sense to replace them with 2 people that have no front office knowledge. Then deny Jerry West who could have helped in that regard. This season is worst than any other season under jim/Mitch because we are terrible and we have a superstar in Lebron. Jim and Mitch didn't have that. They started to build through the draft and mold our own stars, while possibly adding a star to the young team.

We could talk about the Moz and Deng contracts, which is an understanding gripe, but we still had DLO, Randle, BI, and Zu. This was handed to the new FO regime. Moz and Deng contracts does not justify letting Randle walk for nothing. Not going after Brook or re-signing Bryant. Letting Zu go for nothing. Trading DLO before we could even see how he does along side Zo. Then the whole AD debacle where we put in an outrageous offer of Zo, Kuz, BI, Hart, Zu, 2 future picks.

Let's not talk about the Hollywood trainer we hired and our sorry medical staff.

Who wants to come to this mess? I understand people giving Magic another summer, but the 2 seasons Magic have been apart of have been worse than amateur hour. Rob is not it. I don't know what star wants to be paired with Bron. This Lakers team needs to be cleaned up, top to bottom and get some credible people in the FO to fix this because right now, Dr. Buss is rolling over in his grave. I can barely even watch the games. If it wasn't for BI, I probably wouldn't, which is crazy because we have Bron and he's the superstar. I'm looking forward to Zo coming back, if he does.

I'm hoping for the best.

Because our current plan is to trade everyone for AD... and roll with AD/LBJ and scrubs.

So far... not only elite agents... but scrubs don't want to come here either.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

What she needs to do is step down, the entire reason Magic is here is because he believes in the opposite of the bolded. The moment Jim and Mitch figured it out, and wanted to rebuild through the youth Jeanie had them gone midway through the season, and Magic was quickly brought in to keep punting every year.

That is what Jeanie believes in, she empowers the people that believe in those things.

The only way the above statement happens is if Jeanie fires Magic and Pelinka, brings in Jesse Buss and Ryan West, and step down, leaving Jesse in charge.

I don't think Jeanie will step down unless the team goes into full implosion mode and the public outcry wears her down to the point where she doesn't want to deal anymore.

I thought it was a good sign that at least she called out Magic's stupidity during negotiations... it gave me 1 or 2% hope that she might do something bolder than watch the dumpster fire burn.

But maybe we can hope that at least Jesse and Ryan will get more involved

I just hope it doesn't cost us the entire team before she has this epiphany.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: