Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Enes Kanter Joined Trail Blazers to Avoid LeBron James and Lakers Drama

Sentient Meat wrote:
chains wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
Portland Trail Blazers center Enes Kanter said he opted not to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers because of the drama that tends to surround a team led by LeBron James.

On Thursday, Kanter noted during an appearance on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that the Blazers presented a more stable organization to enter in the middle of a season.

"I looked at the chemistry [the Lakers] have and I saw the, you know, all the drama that's going on," he said. "I was like, you know what, I just wanna be drama-free, finish the season drama-free. Go on a good team, good culture, good coaching staff, good players. Just want to enjoy basketball, finally."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2824453-enes-kanter-joined-trail-blazers-to-avoid-lebron-james-lakers-drama.amp.html

So Jim Buss is gone, and the same stigma is surrounding the Lakers. The common denominator in all this is Jeanie Buss. The Lakers right now are the laughing stock of the league. Again, if you wanna say Jim firing was warranted, that's ok, Mitch too, cool, but it doesn't make sense to replace them with 2 people that have no front office knowledge. Then deny Jerry West who could have helped in that regard. This season is worst than any other season under jim/Mitch because we are terrible and we have a superstar in Lebron. Jim and Mitch didn't have that. They started to build through the draft and mold our own stars, while possibly adding a star to the young team.

We could talk about the Moz and Deng contracts, which is an understanding gripe, but we still had DLO, Randle, BI, and Zu. This was handed to the new FO regime. Moz and Deng contracts does not justify letting Randle walk for nothing. Not going after Brook or re-signing Bryant. Letting Zu go for nothing. Trading DLO before we could even see how he does along side Zo. Then the whole AD debacle where we put in an outrageous offer of Zo, Kuz, BI, Hart, Zu, 2 future picks.

Let's not talk about the Hollywood trainer we hired and our sorry medical staff.

Who wants to come to this mess? I understand people giving Magic another summer, but the 2 seasons Magic have been apart of have been worse than amateur hour. Rob is not it. I don't know what star wants to be paired with Bron. This Lakers team needs to be cleaned up, top to bottom and get some credible people in the FO to fix this because right now, Dr. Buss is rolling over in his grave. I can barely even watch the games. If it wasn't for BI, I probably wouldn't, which is crazy because we have Bron and he's the superstar. I'm looking forward to Zo coming back, if he does.

I'm hoping for the best.

Why does anyone care that a scrub chose Portland. Enes Kanter. Who is that. 12th man on the team. Boo hoo hoo

Because our current plan is to trade everyone for AD... and roll with AD/LBJ and scrubs.

So far... not only elite agents... but scrubs don't want to come here either.
Well we would still have space to sign a decent 3rd option with that, but I doubt that person would be better than Kuzma or Ingram. I can’t even see Ad + LBJ getting to the WCF after an abymsal trade like that. We just gotta pray that Magic can win over Kawhi.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
says the guy who is drama queen himself. nobody cares about him in turkey but he thinks the gov will try to kill him if he goes to london.

This the modus operandi in today's world... always take shots at the other party.
No one cares about kanter, but his point is valid
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Paul George: I only want to be traded to the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Paul George: Some people have a hard time playing with Lebron.
*Stays with chuckbrook.

Kawhi Leonard: I only want LA. Trade me to LA, preferably the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Reports surface that he is more interested in the Clippers.

Kevin Durant: Lebron and the media create a toxic environment.

This is nothing new. Lebron even admitted in an interview that numerous players have rejected his recruiting efforts. Don’t expect a big name this summer guys. Expect our core to be traded for 2 years of 1st round exits. Lebron is single handedly ruining this franchise. But hey at least he is getting his 28/8/8 while we lose with no defense!

After the way we have treated them, does our young core want to stay here long term
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Enes Kanter went somewhere to avoid someone else’s drama?! Now THAT is rich!

It's telling when Enes Kanter wants no part of the Lakers drama.

Just like it was telling that despite Carmelo's career being on the brink, and LeBron throwing him essentially a lifeline, he wanted no parts of this either.

Sentient Meat wrote:

It was good to see Jeanie call out Magic a little bit by saying he talks too much... but we need her to do more and put her foot down on more than just Luke's job. She needs to say... the LBJ thing is a fail... we need to cut our losses and rebuild with the youth.

If she has the guts to do that... she can live up to her father's legacy.

What she needs to do is step down, the entire reason Magic is here is because he believes in the opposite of the bolded. The moment Jim and Mitch figured it out, and wanted to rebuild through the youth Jeanie had them gone midway through the season, and Magic was quickly brought in to keep punting every year.

That is what Jeanie believes in, she empowers the people that believe in those things.

The only way the above statement happens is if Jeanie fires Magic and Pelinka, brings in Jesse Buss and Ryan West, and step down, leaving Jesse in charge.

chains wrote:

Why does anyone care that a scrub chose Portland. Enes Kanter. Who is that. 12th man on the team. Boo hoo hoo

Name somebody on our roster that isn't our young core or LeBron that is significantly better than him then.

Jeannie/Magic believe in names and have ZERO ability to project young talent going forward.

You are right on the money. Dont forget the year Jim/Mitch were fired (1st real year of rebuild) the team looked real good before injuries hit. They were fired before the team could get to finish the year healthy.

I think Jeannie/Magic were upset at seeing the excitement at the start of the season and had to get rid of them when the team was down
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

When did Jeanie say magic talks too much? Can someone link me to that?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
MJST wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Just like it was telling that despite Carmelo's career being on the brink, and LeBron throwing him essentially a lifeline, he wanted no parts of this either.

Sentient Meat wrote:

It was good to see Jeanie call out Magic a little bit by saying he talks too much... but we need her to do more and put her foot down on more than just Luke's job. She needs to say... the LBJ thing is a fail... we need to cut our losses and rebuild with the youth.

What she needs to do is step down, the entire reason Magic is here is because he believes in the opposite of the bolded. The moment Jim and Mitch figured it out, and wanted to rebuild through the youth Jeanie had them gone midway through the season, and Magic was quickly brought in to keep punting every year.

That is what Jeanie believes in, she empowers the people that believe in those things.

The only way the above statement happens is if Jeanie fires Magic and Pelinka, brings in Jesse Buss and Ryan West, and step down, leaving Jesse in charge.

chains wrote:

Name somebody on our roster that isn't our young core or LeBron that is significantly better than him then.

Jeannie/Magic believe in names and have ZERO ability to project young talent going forward.

You are right on the money. Dont forget the year Jim/Mitch were fired (1st real year of rebuild) the team looked real good before injuries hit. They were fired before the team could get to finish the year healthy.

I think Jeannie/Magic were upset at seeing the excitement at the start of the season and had to get rid of them when the team was down

Jeannie is pretty horrible. If Jim/Mitch were in charge right now, she'd be making her celebratory media tour right now, going on 710 every day and talking about how the Lakers were all about winning under her father and that they should be winning again. Then her little puppet Kevin Ding would write another article about porzingis being the best basketball player ever and how Phil was a genius for finding him. Good grief.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

"He's a very personable guy, and when he does interviews, he likes to say too much because that's who he is," Buss said, via ESPN. "But he's evolved as an executive. He knows what he needs to do now. We want Magic out there. We don't want him to not be himself and not be the face of the franchise because he is."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-said-reports-of-team-willing-to-trade-entire-roster-to-land-anthony-davis-were-fake-news-magic-johnson-lebron-james-035659567.html
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
MJST wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Sentient Meat wrote:

chains wrote:

Jeannie is pretty horrible. If Jim/Mitch were in charge right now, she'd be making her celebratory media tour right now, going on 710 every day and talking about how the Lakers were all about winning under her father and that they should be winning again. Then her little puppet Kevin Ding would write another article about porzingis being the best basketball player ever and how Phil was a genius for finding him. Good grief.

Is the media so docile that they aren't requesting that Jeannie step forward and say something or is she just hiding really well?
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
That sentiment is likely to carry over into the summer.

Lol... Kanter holds no key or Impact of what the NBA landscape thinks about the Lakers..

Kanter wanted to be on a playoff team and we did not offer anything to the players who wanted to be apart of it, which is why even Melo did not join us.. these sentiments do not tell us what players think about our team...

Kanter and Kevin Durant are saying the same thing. I think it's safe to assume they're not the only players who have thought about this.

Irving and AD and many players in the NBA probably don’t care about the LeBron/Lakers drama like you said you are only mentioning like a few players who wouldn’t want to bother with us... the reality is we are still a franchise many players want to play for.

Lol when one of the guys you're using to support your argument literally demanded a trade to get away from LeBron, you may not have the strongest argument.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
MJST wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Sentient Meat wrote:

chains wrote:

I lost all respect for Ding after those blatantly slanted hit pieces.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Kanter has a Lakers obsession. Remember he made a tweet at Lakers fans when Westbrook resigned with OKC?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

"He's a very personable guy, and when he does interviews, he likes to say too much because that's who he is," Buss said, via ESPN. "But he's evolved as an executive. He knows what he needs to do now. We want Magic out there. We don't want him to not be himself and not be the face of the franchise because he is."

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-said-reports-of-team-willing-to-trade-entire-roster-to-land-anthony-davis-were-fake-news-magic-johnson-lebron-james-035659567.html

Thank you. I think "he evolved as an executive" is funny.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
says the guy who is drama queen himself. nobody cares about him in turkey but he thinks the gov will try to kill him if he goes to london.

This the modus operandi in today's world... always take shots at the other party.

not really. what does he achieve by throwing lebron/lakers under the bus?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
That sentiment is likely to carry over into the summer.

Lol... Kanter holds no key or Impact of what the NBA landscape thinks about the Lakers..

Kanter wanted to be on a playoff team and we did not offer anything to the players who wanted to be apart of it, which is why even Melo did not join us.. these sentiments do not tell us what players think about our team...

Kanter and Kevin Durant are saying the same thing. I think it's safe to assume they're not the only players who have thought about this.

Irving and AD and many players in the NBA probably don’t care about the LeBron/Lakers drama like you said you are only mentioning like a few players who wouldn’t want to bother with us... the reality is we are still a franchise many players want to play for.

Lol when one of the guys you're using to support your argument literally demanded a trade to get away from LeBron, you may not have the strongest argument.

And we have heard whispers that he wants to play with LeBron again. It doesn’t matter what he did in Cleveland... the reality is a lot of players probably enjoy the challenge of playing with LeBron... just ask Wade and Love... they loved playing for him.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Say what you will about Kanter but he's speaking the truth.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

As was Durant.

Where there's smoke...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So a team without an owner is seen as more stable than a team with LeBron.

Fixed!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
So a team without an owner is seen as more stable than a team with LeBron.

Fixed!

lol vlf. other than you, nobody really likes lbj much.

a team without lbj is a team that can make fts.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Paul George: I only want to be traded to the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Paul George: Some people have a hard time playing with Lebron.
*Stays with chuckbrook.

Kawhi Leonard: I only want LA. Trade me to LA, preferably the Lakers.
Lebron signs*
Reports surface that he is more interested in the Clippers.

Kevin Durant: Lebron and the media create a toxic environment.

This is nothing new. Lebron even admitted in an interview that numerous players have rejected his recruiting efforts. Don’t expect a big name this summer guys. Expect our core to be traded for 2 years of 1st round exits. Lebron is single handedly ruining this franchise. But hey at least he is getting his 28/8/8 while we lose with no defense!

You're doing a good job living up to your username.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Kanter has a Lakers obsession. Remember he made a tweet at Lakers fans when Westbrook resigned with OKC?

More like a Lebron obsession. Lebron lives in his head rent free.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

Jesusdelonla wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Who cares about him?
Thats my point. Why make it about Kanter.
We need to deal with the bigger issue which is our perception in the league as the chaos Nd drama team.
Ignoring it and attacking a journeyman backup only makes us look worse
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:

As was Durant.

Where there's smoke...

Why don't you go ahead and post that quote in full context?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

if Magic gives this defensive stiff a second look it would be the what puts him over the edge
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
All these foos, PG13, Kanter, whoever... you made your choice, stop mentioning the Lakers to get attention

THIS!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

The Lakers are presently driving the bus over themselves. Pointing out what is public knowledge and visible every time this team steps on the floor lately is hardly throwing anyone under the bus. It is simply stating what is obvious to everyone who doesn't have their head in the sand.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: