Fire Rob Pelinka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
So...where does the blame rest...???

Jeannie 10%...only because she turned all the rotten decision except the coaching decision over to Magic.

Rob Pelinika 5%... don't kid yourself... Rob is a tool for carrying through on Magic's vision.

Magic 85%...his vision to completely turn over this team and he did it his way. Shipping out DLO prematurely. Selecting Lonzo "the face of the franchise" Ball over Tatum, Fox, Mitchell, etc. Deciding to stock up on poor shooters. Decision to let, not yet in his prime, double/double machine Julius Randle walk. Decision to trade young, skilled 7 footer for a journeyman.

The only chance the Lakers have going into next season.. is if Magic learned his lesson this season... and don't make the same damn mistakes next season. If he hasn't...the Lakers are missing the playoffs again with or without injuries.

I like how in the same paragraph you get on Magic for his drafting and then get on him for not letting young guys develop.

The vast majority of the blame goes to Jeanie, but people always take it easy on her.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
M2K wrote:

Jeannie 10%...only because she turned all the rotten decision except the coaching decision over to Magic.

Rob Pelinika 5%... don't kid yourself... Rob is a tool for carrying through on Magic's vision.

Magic 85%...his vision to completely turn over this team and he did it his way. Shipping out DLO prematurely. Selecting Lonzo "the face of the franchise" Ball over Tatum, Fox, Mitchell, etc. Deciding to stock up on poor shooters. Decision to let, not yet in his prime, double/double machine Julius Randle walk. Decision to trade young, skilled 7 footer for a journeyman.

The only chance the Lakers have going into next season.. is if Magic learned his lesson this season... and don't make the same damn mistakes next season. If he hasn't...the Lakers are missing the playoffs again with or without injuries.

Jeanie 100%
Yup, the bucks stops with her, she's the one who brought in Magic.
As for Pelinka, I can see Magic throwing him under the bus if we strike out on FA this summer and we misses the playoffs again next year.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
M2K wrote:

Jeanie 100%
Yup, the bucks stops with her, she's the one who brought in Magic.
As for Pelinka, I can see Magic throwing him under the bus if we strike out on FA this summer and we misses the playoffs again next year.

Magic already said he would step down if he fails, so he can't just fire Pelinka and pretend it never happened without hell breaking loose.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

You guys are blowing this teams shortcomings waaaaayyy out of proportion.

We aren't even having this discussion if it weren't for the injuries.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

We don't really know that because of how we started off with an easy schedule and a lot of the complaints existed prior to the injuries.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We don't really know that because of how we started off with an easy schedule and a lot of the complaints existed prior to the injuries.

Since we don't know.. why the excessive negativity directed at the front office?

We all understood that this team was punting on the first year with the one year deals. The playoffs would have been nice, but it's not a big deal. We don't play for playoff appearances.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Since we don't know.. why the excessive negativity directed at the front office?

We all understood that this team was punting on the first year with the one year deals. The playoffs would have been nice, but it's not a big deal. We don't play for playoff appearances.

Because the front office mishandled a ton of stuff even with the injuries.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Sure they did.. We still aren't having this discussion without the injuries. I think you guys are over doing it.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Sure they did.. We still aren't having this discussion without the injuries. I think you guys are over doing it.

Not when their actions played a role in losing this season and likely harmed the 2 max plan as well.

When you are tanking while still playing lebron 32 min, that's not an injury excuse.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I am a Maglinka guy (I will go down with the ship) but the Lou Williams and Zubac decisions were just brutal.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am a Maglinka guy (I will go down with the ship) but the Lou Williams and Zubac decisions were just brutal.

The Lou Williams trade made sense since the team was trying to tank and wanted another pick. Fans were calling for that deal as well back when it was Mitch.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Jesse Buss for GM. He would and can actually see and understand talent. All these other a$$ clowns we have working these days need to go and go fast.

I think Jesse should take over Magic's spot should he move up. As for a GM, you want someone who has a good relationship with majority of the GMs around the league. I think Pelinka once being a player agent is a negative for him because for sure there are GMs with animosity towards him. David Griffin seems to have a nice rapport with other league execs. Ultimately I think the Lakers should go with Ryan West and hire someone with experience like Griffin to assist him.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

since jeannie is the owner and magic the president, yes the blame for all this
circus goes to the GM.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Jesse Buss for GM. He would and can actually see and understand talent. All these other a$$ clowns we have working these days need to go and go fast.

I think Jesse should take over Magic's spot should he move up. As for a GM, you want someone who has a good relationship with majority of the GMs around the league. I think Pelinka once being a player agent is a negative for him because for sure there are GMs with animosity towards him. David Griffin seems to have a nice rapport with other league execs. Ultimately I think the Lakers should go with Ryan West and hire someone with experience like Griffin to assist him.

I love this idea of Jesse Buss and Ryan West taking over, the 2 are smart and young enough to lead us into a dynasty for years to come.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

None of you would actually be able to fire that beautiful man to his face. Please stop this nonsense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I support the Lou move in the context that it was made.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
None of you would actually be able to fire that beautiful man to his face. Please stop this nonsense.

Beautiful man?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

Beautiful man?

He's teen heartthrob Rob Lowe, ya know.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

We started having this discussion when Stephenson, Beasley and Rondo were signed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I will complain because Lou is one of my top 2 players to watch.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
22 wrote:
trablos wrote:
M2K wrote:

You can spout this all you want, but the fact is, we were playing our best basketball without a plethora of 45% 3pt shooters on our team by relying on defense and transition. Magic was looking pretty smart before all the injuries hit, but I guess someone has to be the scapegoat this year.

Like jalen rose pointed out, our schedule was pretty easy to start the year.

This whole notion that we were a good team who just got injured is false. Plenty of teams start the year well and flame out. We were never a “4th seed”. You have to actually make the playoffs to be a seed of anything lol

Magic has failed this team and this city. The longer he is in his position the longer we will be at the bottom of the western conference

Magic messes up quite a bit as President, but to say he failed this city is quite an exaggeration. Magic has done more for LA than you, me, or anyone else on LG has done for anyone in our personal lives.

And to OP, how dare you point out that Tatum or Fox is better than Ball. Ball is injured, and Fox is a good player, but Ball has the chance to become great. Did you enjoy Tatum as he was scoring 6 points vs the South Bay Lakers last night?

Magic’s time as player sure. He is not a player now, he’s lakers front office exec and I think he’s failing pretty hard at that. Can’t speak on his dodgers and LAFC involvement as I don’t follow those sports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

To uplift the the youths development and they got a 2nd. The move just doesn't make sense if you're getting rid of that pick and all the youth.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

To uplift the the youths development and they got a 2nd. The move just doesn't make sense if you're getting rid of that pick and all the youth.

They got a first round pick. #28.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

They got a first round pick. #28.

My fault, you're right. Somehow, that didn't change what I said though lol kinda makes it worse.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

This forum has turned into a Magic Pelinca witch hunt! Imho this whole thing started when Jim took over and made a ton of horrible moves, and mismatched coaches including calling Phil at midnight and telling him not to bother. Now everybody is turning on Magic who is the only one that has been able to put the Lakers on the map again.
I bet most here if presented with the opportunity to trade for a player like AD you would have done the same. The biggest problem is that the NBA and most small market teams hate the Lakers and will use the media to their advantage by twisting and making sure everything gets leaked. This is also one very unlucky team with all the injuries in multiple years. I think Magic and Pelinka have to start over with everything! New training staff, new coach, new coaching staff, and continue with the plan of trying to acquire AD in anyway of form. It's AD that's the future of the Lakers and if LBJ can help us get this guy everything else will fall in place. Maybe LBJ will not win a championship in LA, but what his group can setup in the future is something they can build around for years to come.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: