India attacked Pakistan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: India attacked Pakistan

I always knew there are border skirmishes between the two countries and nothing came about it but this was the first time they used an air strike. They said it was for the car bomb that killed soldiers but usually something like that ends with diplomacy.. this is different ... anyways. They took out some terrorist camps that were in Pakistan. Pakistan vows retaliation but I doubt it will happen

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/26/india/india-pakistan-line-of-control-incursion-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Two nuclear states. What could go wrong?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Two nuclear states. What could go wrong?

What indeed
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

Pakistan apparently shot down two Indian jets.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

Other super powers might wanna reach out and get them to a table talk... US, China, NATO, Russia and maybe a neutral country. Nuclear war is the end, too many countries have it
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Waiting for Trump to tweet out something about 7-11 workers...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Pakistan apparently shot down two Indian jets.

Yea. (bleep) gotten real for a bit. If this escalated I wonder which countries each will side with

Axis
Pakistan
Terrorist networks
Some Middle East countries

Allied
India
USA
BRICS nations
EU

If this turns into a full conflict Pakistan has no chance. Better to not retaliate
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The government today said it expects the "immediate and safe return" of an Indian Air Force pilot captured by Pakistan after an air combat between the two sides for the first time since 1971, which marked the worst escalation between the neighbours in decades.

In a demarche handed over to the Pakistani envoy in the evening, India lodged a strong protest at what it called an "unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan", saying its jets had targeted military installations in India a day after India's air strike to target a terror camp in Balakot.

"India also strongly objects to Pakistan's vulgar display of an injured personnel of the Indian Air Force in violation of all norms of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Convention. It was made clear that Pakistan would be well advised to ensure that no harm comes to the Indian defence personnel in its custody," said New Delhi in its statement.

India Demands Return of Pilot
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Video of Captured Pilot
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Video of Captured Pilot

For those of you who need a translation

Pakistan army is saying Pakistan zindabad... meaning..long live Pakistan

Indian pilot says Hindustan zindabad. Which means long live mother India

Camera man responded was screaming allah ahu ahkbar. Meaning god is great. Allah is great!!!

The others around the military were Pakistani civilians who is asking to kill the Indian pilot. The Indian pilot said to them don’t kill me. I think one of the Pakistani officers told the pilot don’t worry we are not going to kill you yet

Last edited by 999 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

No secret Pakistan is harboring many terrorists. With that said, India probably should not have attacked sites on Pakistan's soil. However, if push comes to shove, India will squash them in a war (with or without help).
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
No secret Pakistan is harboring many terrorists. With that said, India probably should not have attacked sites on Pakistan's soil. However, if push comes to shove, India will squash them in a war (with or without help).

Maybe they are only following our lead.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I would not be surprised if this is the case since both countries (US and India) are allies.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

interesting that is where your thoughts went....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ribeye wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I would not be surprised if this is the case since both countries (US and India) are allies.

Since Osama Bin Laden capture in Pakistan. India now has a better relationship with the USA. I would say Indian relationship with the USA is better than Pakistan. Although allies USA considers Pakistan Intelligence/GOVT as untrustworthy.

Although Pakistan was founded as a democracy after its independence from the British Raj, the military has remained one of the country's most powerful institutions and has on occasion overthrown democratically elected civilian governments on the basis of self-assessed mismanagement and corruption
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

interesting that is where your thoughts went....

Yep. Trumps tweets are seldom that subtle. They are usually more direct, convoluted, and generally display little understanding of the people(s) he's attempting to disparage. A more likely Trump tweet storm would be:

@RealDonalTrump:

Quote:
This is why we need to revamp the H1B Visa program immediately to keep out these dangerous Krishna's from entering our country and harming innocent Americans.

Quote:
Our Tech Companies like Google & Facebook are filled with these dangerous rapists and murderer's and Democrats just want to keep letting them into Silicon Valley unabated so they can do harm to Americans.

Quote:
We must build the wall right now. And make it even higher. And send them back to their Shi$Holes countries. The Paki's and Hindu's will pay for it.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Trump is as American as he is informed

Last edited by 999 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ribeye wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Since Osama Bin Laden capture in Pakistan. India now has a better relationship with the USA. I would say Indian relationship with the USA is better than Pakistan. Although allies USA considers Pakistan Intelligence/GOVT as untrustworthy.

Although Pakistan was founded as a democracy after its independence from the British Raj, the military has remained one of the country's most powerful institutions and has on occasion overthrown democratically elected civilian governments on the basis of self-assessed mismanagement and corruption

All of what I say here is without calculating what trump will do, but from a geopolitical standpoint, the US can not abandon either party, India because of its size and economic impact, and Pakistan because we cannot have their nukes falling into the hands of terrorists/fundamentalists. Pakistan is very much like Saudi Arabia pre Trump where we know they are working against us in multiple areas, but we have to have a relationship on some level.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
ribeye wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

All of what I say here is without calculating what trump will do, but from a geopolitical standpoint, the US can not abandon either party, India because of its size and economic impact, and Pakistan because we cannot have their nukes falling into the hands of terrorists/fundamentalists. Pakistan is very much like Saudi Arabia pre Trump where we know they are working against us in multiple areas, but we have to have a relationship on some level.

Yes I get it. But I wish in some way we can stop pretending that Pakistan is a legitimate ally and call them Out for who they are.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Pakistan never reveal what they truly have
Look at how easily they shot down to 2 jets and captured the pilot
I don’t trust they are transparent about their army capabilities

Think this would be a lose lose war
And if I’d guess I’d say Pakistan would surprise how strong their forces really are
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Lose lose and non transparency is correct

^Something USA probably has been doing their best to keep tabs on

Getting two planes shot down made India look like a back asswards country imho

Great Strategery and Great Restraint

Population density
Revenge for whatever the bombs do

War usually just leads to more violence
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

And if I’d guess I’d say Pakistan would surprise how strong their forces really are

The thing is Pakistan and India has 3 wars already and in each war Pakistan lost badly. If there were to be a 4th war the end result will be no different. If it is conventional warfare and battles than it would be much like ww2 on the eastern front. Although the Germans slaughtered the Russians. The Russians won the battle by utilizing the terrain, prepared for the weather, cut off supplies to the nazis and lastly drowned the nazis with their dead.

India military is at least 3-4 times the size of Pakistan and India has better technology and weaponry. Always remember the first country to use nuclear bomb in the modern era will be the country that loses the war. Pakistan cannot beat India in battles and if they use the bomb. Pakistan will be destroyed by India allies. They are in a lose Lose situation and should not retaliate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
The government today said it expects the "immediate and safe return" of an Indian Air Force pilot captured by Pakistan after an air combat between the two sides for the first time since 1971, which marked the worst escalation between the neighbours in decades.

In a demarche handed over to the Pakistani envoy in the evening, India lodged a strong protest at what it called an "unprovoked act of aggression by Pakistan", saying its jets had targeted military installations in India a day after India's air strike to target a terror camp in Balakot.

"India also strongly objects to Pakistan's vulgar display of an injured personnel of the Indian Air Force in violation of all norms of International Humanitarian Law and the Geneva Convention. It was made clear that Pakistan would be well advised to ensure that no harm comes to the Indian defence personnel in its custody," said New Delhi in its statement.

India Demands Return of Pilot

Pakistan is returning the Indian pilot.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/28/india/india-pakistan-modi-speech-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

I knew this would end In some type of diplomacy. Since the nuclear age we will not see a war between two large countries that are strong in military or economy. This why I believe we will never see another war like ww2 again. It just won’t happen because of nuclear weapons. Nobody wants that kind of death on there hands
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

The thing is Pakistan and India has 3 wars already and in each war Pakistan lost badly. If there were to be a 4th war the end result will be no different. If it is conventional warfare and battles than it would be much like ww2 on the eastern front. Although the Germans slaughtered the Russians. The Russians won the battle by utilizing the terrain, prepared for the weather, cut off supplies to the nazis and lastly drowned the nazis with their dead.

India military is at least 3-4 times the size of Pakistan and India has better technology and weaponry. Always remember the first country to use nuclear bomb in the modern era will be the country that loses the war. Pakistan cannot beat India in battles and if they use the bomb. Pakistan will be destroyed by India allies. They are in a lose Lose situation and should not retaliate

You have it half right. Pakistan has the better tech, especially in the air. And China would almost certainly aid Pakistan, if only by massing troops to keep some of india’s Force divided.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
999 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

You have it half right. Pakistan has the better tech, especially in the air. And China would almost certainly aid Pakistan, if only by massing troops to keep some of india’s Force divided.

I think China would aid Pakistan with weapons but not assist them in fighting. Why would China risk there booming economy for a country like Pakistan?

India air strength is building. Pakistan is using aging f16 jets while India has developed its own jet and purchased some of the latest MIG’s from Russia.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: