Thin Skinned Knicks Owner Apparently Gives Fan a Perma-Ban
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Thin Skinned Knicks Owner Apparently Gives Fan a Perma-Ban

Douchebag James Dolan threatens to ban fan who tells him to sell Knicks

As Dolan walked away from his courtside seat at Madison Square Garden in the closing minutes of the Knicks’ loss to the Kings on Saturday afternoon, a fan yelled “Sell the team!” at the billionaire owner, as seen in a video posted by TMZ.

Dolan, flanked by security guards, stopped by the railing and responded to the fan by saying, “Do you really think I should sell the team?” He then asked the fan if he would like to not come to anymore Knicks games and called him rude. The unidentified fan asked why he wouldn’t be able to come to games and said he was just giving “an opinion.”

“No, it’s not an opinion,” Dolan said as he walked off into the tunnel. “And you know what, enjoy watching them on TV.”

Dolan then signaled for security to deal with the fan, who was held while two cops and security arrived to ID and question him before instructing him to leave, according to TMZ. It is not clear if the fan has been banned.

“Our policy is and will continue to be that if you are disrespectful to anyone in our venues, we will ask you not to return,” a Garden spokesperson said in a statement Saturday evening.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Meh. owner can do what he wants imo
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 am    Post subject:

if the transcription is accurate, then yeah, "Sell the team" is not derogatory. I would not yell it at someone in public, but it is just a statement of preference. Now if he said "Sell the team a-hole".....then I would agree with the owner. Fans at sporting events cross line way too often....cheering and booing are great, I am ok with even letting the ref know he sucks (as long as you do not refer to him by his legal name) but you cant be throwing out cruse words and fighting words to the players or even other fans.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

So what! What are you gonna tell me Schiavone, you can shoot somebody outside the ring, as long as it’s outside the ring?!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject:

Dolan is a (bleep)
If players can take far worse abuse than that and not retaliate
An owner shouldn’t be held to less of a standard either
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Well-deserved imo. Buying a ticket affords you the privilege of watching the game in the arena, not being an annoying (bleep), who ruins the experience for other people at the game. Far too many people getting lit at games and trolling these days, so, hopefully, this ban sends a message.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Why does James Dolan want to own the Knicks?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Why do the super rich buy sports teams? Because they can.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm always glad the Knicks are around to remind me my team can always be in worse shape.....

Plus their dysfunction provides such entertainment.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Why do the super rich buy sports teams? Because they can.

Sure. But it has been several decades now. He's absolutely despised by every last Knicks fan to the point of being heckled in public and private. From the looks of this video, the Oakley incident, and Dolan's leaked email missives he very clearly is bothered by the criticism. He also exhibits at best an antipathy towards the franchise. It doesn't seem like he loves basketball or the Knicks in general. He'd get probably around four billion dollars for the team. What is he holding on to?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Just remember when you think we have it bad, there is always the NY Knicks...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Well-deserved imo. Buying a ticket affords you the privilege of watching the game in the arena, not being an annoying (bleep), who ruins the experience for other people at the game. Far too many people getting lit at games and trolling these days, so, hopefully, this ban sends a message.

I think there are certainly limits to behavior, but customers have the right to express satisfaction or the lack thereof. Cheering and booing teams and players is within the norm, why would an owner who shows up and sits among the fans be above hearing a bit of what the fans think?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

just look at the asset valuation increase over the recent decade....where else could he put that money that it would consistently grow at that rate?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

So what! What are you gonna tell me Schiavone, you can shoot somebody outside the ring, as long as it’s outside the ring?!

Dolan acts like Mr. Angelino.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Durant and Kyries diva personalities will fit right in
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

>lifetime ban from watching the knicks play

dolan doing this guy a solid tbqh
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Perhaps due to the fact that even with his incredibly inept management, they were still ranked the most valuable NBA Franchise.

It is amazing they are so consistently bad decade after decade.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:

Perhaps due to the fact that even with his incredibly inept management, they were still ranked the most valuable NBA Franchise.

It is amazing they are so consistently bad decade after decade.

He owns MSG, so he is a property owner as well. That is why the Knicks top the valuations of all NBA teams.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:

just look at the asset valuation increase over the recent decade....where else could he put that money that it would consistently grow at that rate?

That's true. I guess if I had the choice of being a billionaire or being a billionaire in a city where everybody hates me and I'm consistently harassed I'd take the former.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I think there are certainly limits to behavior, but customers have the right to express satisfaction or the lack thereof. Cheering and booing teams and players is within the norm, why would an owner who shows up and sits among the fans be above hearing a bit of what the fans think?

I guess I see it as akin to visiting someone in their house and cursing them out. They have the right to ask you to leave. Granted, I think Dolan should be able to ignore people, but, as someone who grew up in NYC, I can confidently say NYC fans are some of the most obnoxious in the world. He probably gets heckled numerous times at every game, and this particular fan was made an example of to try to decrease these occurrences.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

So can a fan say that a player is playing lousy and the team should trade him?

Can a fan say that the coach sucks and the team should trade him?

How about bad mouthing a ref??

Should the players be able to respond to those fans negatively and have them removed from the stadium??

Dolan is a douche bag, you simply cannot support this type of behavior without also supporting it for everyone else in the game. Players, FO members, coaches, refs and owners.

Honestly, I cannot understand why ANY NBA FA would consider signing with this man. I really hope this concept catches on with the players. The players should blacklist this A-hole and force him to sell the team.

https://youtu.be/UZuf7XBrao4
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I guess I see it as akin to visiting someone in their house and cursing them out. They have the right to ask you to leave. Granted, I think Dolan should be able to ignore people, but, as someone who grew up in NYC, I can confidently say NYC fans are some of the most obnoxious in the world. He probably gets heckled numerous times at every game, and this particular fan was made an example of to try to decrease these occurrences.

It's NOT the same man, this is professional sports and like it or not, this is pretty normal behavior.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Should the players be able to respond to those fans negatively and have them removed from the stadium??

Dolan is a douche bag, you simply cannot support this type of behavior without also supporting it for everyone else in the game. Players, FO members, coaches, refs and owners.

Honestly, I cannot understand why ANY NBA FA would consider signing with this man. I really hope this concept catches on with the players. The players should blacklist this A-hole and force him to sell the team.

If a fan is unable to enjoy a game without harassing NBA members (players, refs, owners, training staff, etc.) on the court beyond simple boos/cheers, that fan should be removed imo. There have been incidents already with fans harassing players and eventually getting removed from the games. The difference here is that the owner can make the decision immediately without needing to consult with anyone else.

Just because classless behavior by fans is common does not mean it should be supported. Fans are present in the arena to be spectators or observers, not active participants continually disrupting the game. If this is too difficult for some fans, there are places to watch the game with almost no rules involved: at home or a local bar.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Wino wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

If a fan is unable to enjoy a game without harassing NBA members (players, refs, owners, training staff, etc.) on the court beyond simple boos/cheers, that fan should be removed imo. There have been incidents already with fans harassing players and eventually getting removed from the games. The difference here is that the owner can make the decision immediately without needing to consult with anyone else.

Just because classless behavior by fans is common does not mean it should be supported. Fans are present in the arena to be spectators or observers, not active participants continually disrupting the game. If this is too difficult for some fans, there are places to watch the game with almost no rules involved: at home or a local bar.

And the world should NEVER have wars but there are still going to be wars!!

You are asking for something that is never going to happen. And up to now, it has been tolerated all around the world. Tell it to the fans of major soccer teams, they would beat you to a pulp just for suggesting it to them. I mean come on, get off your high horse. You sound like the nerdy professor trying to explain why people should be nice and polite. Not that your wrong or don't have a fair idea, it's just that 95% of the world thinks you are an a-hole and 75% of them would be willing to punk you for it.

Seriously telling people that they should be good boys while they watch the game and always be polite. Bwahahaha, did Jesus tell you to say that??

Good luck, the world today must make you very unhappy. ???
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Utah Jazz are taking the same stance: Jazz Fan Receives Lifetime Ban After Incident with Westbrook
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: