Possible 3 Way trade involving Lakers per NBA TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

guy doesn't have to pick up the tri- right now...phil is a good enough coach to make changes to accomodate someone like boozer coming in...
ningtong88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

nextphenom23 wrote:
This trade doesnt work. I just went to trade checker and it said that only GS and Utah met the condition. So someone else is going to have to be added to this deal. I dont know how this deal would work out though. But I would be all for it.

We gotta put mitch in also to make it work
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

i tell you what i am watching boozer play right now and he looks good. much better than mihm in my opinion no contest. if we can do this deal we should get it done. all we would need is a guard somehow man if we could get duhon or someone like that it would be awesome
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Good trade for now

Questionable for the longterm.

Folks - Boozer would be a GREAT fit in the Tri 4 spot.

That being said his health and contract can be questioned ....

That's what they said about Odom too, but it's not how good they'd look with the Tri, it's how good they are period!

No to Boozer if we have to lose Mihm. If we get Boozer, no way in hell we'll have a chance at getting KG this summer. I'm not saying we'll get KG this summer, but atleast we'll have a chance.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

Ouch if this is true, (From Kobe3eight over at CL)--->

"According to ClutchFans (Rockets forum) T-Mac's fiance cheated on him. His new born son isn't really his."

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49955&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4480
ningtong88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

vicman wrote:
i tell you what i am watching boozer play right now and he looks good. much better than mihm in my opinion no contest. if we can do this deal we should get it done. all we would need is a guard somehow man if we could get duhon or someone like that it would be awesome

they are showcasing him, just like what we did last time to odom
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
ncaugnit wrote:
This is a bad trade on so many levels. I think one of the worst things about it is that Boozer CAN NOT LEARN THE TRIANGLE IN 29 GAMES.

If the team had a legitimate shot at the championship this year, then you'd have a valid point. The main focus right now should be to pick up future championship pieces.

Future championship pieces should make it back to the court before a guy that had open heart surgery less than a year ago.
Lemuel
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

dadliboi wrote:
I think Boozer is worth a shot. Anything to shake this team up man....Anything.

I think that's Isiah Thomas' motto...
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

wow i hope they took boozer out soon he is playing really well
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

jury is still out on this deal for the b-rabbit...

Positive: The fact that on the overall, the lakers are bringing in a superior talent to what they are exporting. And that is always a plus (duh!)

Watching Boozer play right now it is obvious he has good hands, set good screens, can pass, and can score. He also appears to be playing with desire, despite playing for a team he want off of suposedly.

Bynum more time to develope in game situation?

Negative: This guys contract is RIDICULOUS! is it worth it? a very high risk due to salary.

This is also the guy that SCREWED a blind man...

Could injury once again become a concern?

I guess after writing this post (I partially did it to help myself come to a decision), I am 70% in favor of the deal... Hopefully we hear something from our resident insiders to provide more information.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I think I'm going to weigh in here. I think that it is a good trade. Hammies are hard to heal and I'm glad they didn't bring Boozer back too soon and re-injure that thing. I think its a fairly even trade with this exception . . .

George is gone this summer.

Mihm is not the long range solution to the center issue for a championship team. On a championship team, he's a backup at best. That means he's replacable.

On the other hand, what the Laker's have needed from some time is a third option on scoring. Kobe = first option. Boozer will be second. Lamar will be initiator and third.

Boozer could be PF on a championship team with other pieces in place. He fits the Happy Hairston modal. Significant rebounds and soft hands around the basket. Decent 15 footer. This opens things up for Kobe. Less fourfold pump fakes with 2 seconds left on the 24. Teams can't start double teaming him at the half court line.

True, Boozer's a little bit of a head case . . . most rebounders are. I'm bothered by the gaff of going back on the handshake deal he had in Cleaveland. But, I think he can contribute. Meanwhile . . . Brown gives us at least as much as Mihm defensively in the middle, perhaps more and perhaps less foul trouble. Boozer definitely makes up for Mihm & Brown in the scoring dept.

Now, lets wait and see if it happens!!!!!!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:

That's the problem with some people. They've never actually seen him play! Right now...14 points (on 7 shots) and 7 rebs off the bench! DO IT MITCH!
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

14 points, 7 boards in 18 minutes for Boozer. I thought he was supposed to be jaking it.

Last edited by FredG on Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
Ouch if this is true, (From Kobe3eight over at CL)--->

"According to ClutchFans (Rockets forum) T-Mac's fiance cheated on him. His new born son isn't really his."

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49955&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4480

damn that's crazy because all along that's what I thought about in my head...if that rumors true then i'm psychic man...that sucks for t-mac..
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Lemuel wrote:
dadliboi wrote:
I think Boozer is worth a shot. Anything to shake this team up man....Anything.

I think that's Isiah Thomas' motto...

Good one.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
Boozer will be dunking with ferocity, Swinging his arms out and tappin the backboard by the weekend and everybody will be saying, " Chris who, Hamstring what" Dude was hurt but he was milking it. Lets be real. he is a 17 and 10 career player.

Lets be real he's a 13.7 and 9.2 career player. Don't over-exagerate the facts.
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Bad move. Boozer is a decent scorer and rebounder, but he is a bad defender by all accounts and is INCREDIBLY overpaid. I'd rather wait until the summer to see what we can do or 07 when Grant comes off the books and we can sign multiple FA's to more reasonable deals. Plus we lose Mihm who is our only true center and shotblocker(Excluding a teenage Bynum)? Do we really want to tie Kobe's career to Lamar, Boozer, and Kwame? We need to maintain flexibility but his contract is just a huge albatross.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Man did the Hornets give this game away! 1 minute and half left in the 4th and they've only scored 6! Deron Williams seems to be leading the comeback. Take that Chris Paul!!!
daxeqtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

here is trade idea that fixes the salaries Here
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
Boozer will be dunking with ferocity, Swinging his arms out and tappin the backboard by the weekend and everybody will be saying, " Chris who, Hamstring what" Dude was hurt but he was milking it. Lets be real. he is a 17 and 10 career player.

Let's be real. He averaged 11.4 rebounds per game in his last full year, only two years ago. And he's still in his mid 20's.

I can't fathom how people can watch this team and then decide that certain players aren't "good enough" and that we should keep the tremendous talent around Kobe.
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

We aren't going to win rings with huge chunks of our cap tied to Lamar and Boozer. Boozer has a HUGE DEAL. I can't emphasize how much we should maintain flexibility, and this also makes our interior defense significantly worse.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Are you serious!? Analogously, Kobe's a 23 PPG career player and that's even with the fact that he's had more years to boost his low production during his first few years. Career stats don't tell you the whole story especially when it comes to young players.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

any trade that doesn't send away odom and doesn't return someone of the like of rashard lewis then i'm giong to be pissed.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Don't be so hard on him. He's in his fourth season ONLY and last season avg 18 9 3, decent passer.
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

The fact that Boozer is young means he has a lot of years left at his current production, but it does not mean he will necessarily improve. He's not a a guy with a lot of potential. More of a solid what you see is what you get IE Battier
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: