Possible 3 Way trade involving Lakers per NBA TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I would take Boozer over K-Mart in a heartbeat. K-Mart may never be the same with his Knee. Boozer's injury is not as serious. K-Mart is a known cancer. As for Boozer he did what 99% of all of us would do. He took the 90 million offered to him by the Jazz over the 30 million offered by the Cavs. If anyone is to blame it is the Jazz for giving him the poison apple.
BbK
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
i think a lot of people are being very harsh about Boozer.....this guy can play

also, we need a legitimate 4 and that's what he is - and don't tell me he is undersized, Karl Malone was 6'9 and about the same weight as Boozer and try telling me he was not good as a 4???

Boozer if fit and ready CAN give us around 15 and 8 i would say and importantly 2-3 assits, which is climbing up to around Lamar's all-round game in all honesty

most people at CL or even here at LG (i post mainly at CL) know how much of a fan i am of Chris Mihm's......i have huge respect for this guy and think it is highly ironic just how much love he is getting now on these boards, when i was among a select few at one time to stand up for him

BUT......even if we have to give Mihm + George to get Boozer i can live with that as i seriously think it improves us and Utah is in desperate need of a legitmate C and Mihm will give them that....seems likely to me

all we need in addition is a veteran swingman or PG as well.....

I think the Lakers have realized that Kwame cannot play the PF position in the triangle offense. Therefore, we have Mihm, Kwame, and Bynum all fiitting into the C position, so I have a feeling that the Lakers are open to letting Mihm go if it means they get a decent PF in return.
IV_LIFE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Devean is a FA this summer, and Mihm is only signed through next season. Do either of these guys fit into the Lakers long-term plans? I don't think so, so why not trade them for someone of value? A top-tier PF (when healthy).

There's no question both Mihm and George have been pleasant for us this season, but do we just let them play out their contract and part ways? And if we re-sign them, will they be integral in helping us win a championship? I don't think so. So trading them for a player like Boozer is a risk I'd be willing to take.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Good things about Boozer some people may not know:

- Shoots 53% from the field for his career
- Averages 3 offensive boards per game for his career
- Last season averaged 3 APG
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Jazz busy at the deadline:

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY — With the NBA's trade deadline mere hours away, Jazz brass spent much of Wednesday burning up the telephone lines.
Everyone with the Jazz expected to be in Oklahoma City for Wednesday night's game against the Hornets was, though, and all were expected to be on the plane bound back for Utah late Wednesday night.
Whether or not everyone will be on hand for the Jazz's next game Saturday, however, remains to be seen.
"I've been on the phone a lot," Jazz basketball operations senior vice president Kevin O'Connor said Wednesday afternoon.
The league's deadline for dealing is at 1:00 this afternoon, and on Wednesday coach Jerry Sloan had a talk with two Jazz players — Matt Harpring and Kris Humphries — whose names have been prominently mentioned in trade talks.
"I told them, of all the things that have been said and written, there have been things discussed — but there's nothing on the table that I've got to say yes or no to," said Sloan, who hadn't even spoken with O'Connor prior to playing the Hornets. "Some of the stuff I heard I haven't even been involved in the discussions.
"I thought I would get a phone call (from O'Connor) for some reason," Sloan added, "and there was nothing said to me all day long."
And just what did Sloan tell the two?
" 'If you're worried about being traded, then you better not get in this league.' That's what I told them," he said. "Because that's the nature of this business. I can't do anything about trade talk."
Besides Harpring and Humphries, oft-injured Carlos Boozer's name has been mentioned most.
So be it, suggested Harpring, who name has come up in rumors at the deadline in each of his four seasons in Utah.
"You hear about it," he said. "It's like, 'Huh? Where did that come from?' "...

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635186870,00.html
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

GS wins out...Mihm and George WITH BD AND JR?

SMUSH/SASHA
KOBE/SASHA
ODOM/NOT LUKE WALTON
BOOZER/COOK/ODOM
BROWN/BOOZER/COOK

SUCKY, WE NEED GEORGE
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
GS wins out...Mihm and George WITH BD AND JR?

SMUSH/SASHA
KOBE/SASHA
ODOM/NOT LUKE WALTON
BOOZER/COOK/ODOM
BROWN/BOOZER/COOK

SUCKY, WE NEED GEORGE

I wish we can swing a deal that will include Harping! :roll:
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

i WISH we can swing a trade that will include John Stockton
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
i WISH we can swing a trade that will include John Stockton

I wish I could fly to the moon & sign the 80s Magic
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

Mihm and George for Boozer?

I wouldn't do that deal if I was the Lakers, Mihm and George are not the issues on this roster.

Boozer is a pretty good player, but I wonder about his tendency to live on the injured list.

I would keep Mihm and George for now, try and pry Boozer loose with a Slava, Walton, Vujacic White Boy special for Utah. Hell, throw in Devin Green, Von Wafer and Brian Cook even.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

In a word this trade would be..........horreriful.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

We trade Mihm (a good center) and George (productive and scorer coming off the bench that knows the triangle) for Boozer (who has been injured most of the season with a torn hamstring and has to learn the triangle)

People would be satisfied with Kwame at "5" (since he doesn't provide any consistent offense and gets lost on defense) with no consistent defender/scorer as the 6th player to replace DGeorge?!?!?! Instead, the Lakers will get a short PF who is just getting into shape after overcoming a torn hamstring injury - NAH.
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject:

Calos Boozer for Mihm? Maybe if Boozer was 5 inches taller a could block a shot.

I'll just say this:
DON'T DO IT MITCH!!!!!

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
dyNastY-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject:

crazy....

Boozer is playing 30-minutes just FINE at his current pace.

We will slowly bring him back to his 35-40 minutes scale.

With current Lakers team , the guy could be legit 18-9 guy. That is solid.

Most of u forget , that we keep Lamar Odom WITH getting Boozer

PG: Smush / possible trade
SG: Bryant / Wafer
SF: Lamar / Walton
PF: Boozer / Cook / Turiaf
C: Kwame / Bynum

Starting lineup is solid man-defensive lineup. Not much of a shotblocking , but Kwame has been getting about 1,5 blocks lately. Solid man-to-man defence is more valuable than shotblocking.

Id do this anyday of the week. We cant trade Mihm&George for any other 18-9 PF , can we? If we can , please name them to me...
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject:

Mihm is a decent NBA 7-footer. Of course he's no Shaq, but then again who is? Mihm is a good center and he has been improving under Kareem's tutelage. Good centers are not easy to come by in the NBA.

Gump is having a decent season, and lo and behold it's a contract year! Go figure! I've never been a huge Gump guy, but he is a good guy to have around. The question is does the front office already know they're not going to sign him in the offseason? Do they even want to re-sign him?

Boozer is a good player, but he's small at the 4 slot. No way he can drop the hammer on the Duncans, KGs, and Stoudamires of the world. I don't think he's injury prone so much as he is a malcontent. He royally screwed the Cleveland Cavaliers when they didn't exercise their option on his contract, with the understanding that they would re-sign him to a nice extension. Then the minute they do that, he and his agent are negotiating with the Jazz. That was a dirty deal. Oh, and his agent is Rob Pelinka, who also happens to be the agent for one Kobe Bean Bryant. So hopefully the Lakers wouldn't have to worry about that aspect of it. But the way Boozer did the Cavs was lousy.

He got to Utah, didn't like it, and he's been sitting out for a year with what has to be the most devastating hamstring injury of all time. Let's put it this way...if he really was hurt that bad, no team in the league wants this guy. He'd be damaged goods with a ridiculous contract. But the reality probably is that the guy has not been hurt, he's just been hijacking his way out of Salt Lake City. Miraculously, he has recently recovered from his debilitating injury right at the trading deadline. What a lucky break!

I guess I can see the sense of this move if indeed it really happened. Gump's OK, but, whatever, and the Lakers clearly seem to feel that Bynum is their future in the pivot (and I happen to agree). If they're talking about Boozer again it's also clear that they have an affinity for the guy's game. If they do it, I'll understand why they did it, but I'll hold off doing any cartwheels over it until I see if it produces results out on the floor.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

mihm is no boozer either not the energy, hands or consistency. get me boozer and jr smith, crawford, or murray and thedn sing latrell and make a run for the 6th spot
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: