Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 22273

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Damn, only 23 games together.
But injuries dont have anything to do with...


That isn't really an excuse though. It's important to be healthy.


As discussed in the other thread, we had an ordinary level of injuries through March 1. And we were under .500, fading out of playoff contention. The Ingram injury, and the decision to shut down Ball, will probably change the numbers by the end of the season. We're tanking, so no one is going to be under pressure to come back this season, and guys with little injuries will probably miss games that they would have played if winning mattered. But we were already heading for tank status with just an ordinary level of injuries.

Injuries are going to be the excuse of the year for a lot of people. However, when you have a roster constructed in a way that makes you dependent on a 34 year old player with a lot of mileage, this was a foreseeable risk. We rolled the dice on Lebron's health, and we filled the roster with one-year-contract mercenaries.

Depending on what happens this off-season, stocking the roster with one-year contracts to preserve cap space may turn out to be the right move. Or we may look back on this as a wasted year. We shall see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 388

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 8554
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Damn, only 23 games together.
But injuries dont have anything to do with...


Lol who said injuries don't have anything to do with it?
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2366

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I was told this was a poorly constructed roster and had no chance to win. As it turns out there are more ways to win than by launching 40 threes a game if the guys on the floor are committed to defense and ball movement. Something we were doing quite well before the injury bug hit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27718

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.


At the same time, they happened to play together during the period when we had an easy schedule. Most of those 15 wins were against bad teams. So I don't know that that trio is the recipe for success over the long term.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2366

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.


At the same time, they happened to play together during the period when we had an easy schedule. Most of those 15 wins were against bad teams. So I don't know that that trio is the recipe for success over the long term.

We beat the Nuggets, Blazers twice, Wolves (with Butler), Jazz, Pacers, Spurs, and of course the glorious beatdown of the Warriors on christmas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 1118

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I get nervous everytime BI or Zo have reached a new level of play. Seems like that's when the injuries always hit. I just hope BI is ok long term. His trade value is now zero and Lonzo's value was always lower than it should've been. I don't think we have any choice but to roll with this core and hope a FA wants to join them. That was my preferred plan anyway.


I think if there is any silver lining it's this. Perhaps if we strike gold in the lotto with a top 4 pick(if it's first we keep it and take Zion) we can trade that with Kuzma+Hart+Wagner+Future Firsts for AD

PG - Lonzo
SG - Bullock
SF- Ingram
PF - LeBron
C - AD

With about 10-15 mil in cap space to play with
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3506

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

so well be 54-27 if we play bi zo lbj? like that's the secret to our success? doubtful
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 363

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
so well be 54-27 if we play bi zo lbj? like that's the secret to our success? doubtful


No but the roster is flawed from the start. Team started bad then started to play well together. They were finally learning to play together. Then boom your #1 player goes down for significant amount of time. Then boom your best defensive players goes down for the season. Then a bunch of other players missing games here and there. The team got derailed before it even got going. Never developed any continuity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 363

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.


And what does all those teams have that the Lakers dont? Very good coaches, multiple allstars or stars, good role players, shooters and a balanced system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 388

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

miggz23 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.


And what does all those teams have that the Lakers dont? Very good coaches, multiple allstars or stars, good role players, shooters and a balanced system.



Thus proving my point that injuries aren't the main reason we suck. That is what I am trying to argue.

We have to get a better coach and a better roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3961

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.



what are you talking about?

GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA

Look at that list. they have multiple stars on the same team. thats the point. How is it you guys dont get the magic 2 star plan? a lot of you guys are the same guys that wanted to build thru the youth. but then you say bu bu but they had injuries toooo. stop it. these teams have multiple stars on the same team. we dont. we have bron, thats it. there's a reason we were willing to trade a lot of the kids for another superstar. because you just proved how importan/impactful they are. they are so good they can carry you if everyone but them goes down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3961

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

misterchipmunk wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.


And what does all those teams have that the Lakers dont? Very good coaches, multiple allstars or stars, good role players, shooters and a balanced system.



Thus proving my point that injuries aren't the main reason we suck. That is what I am trying to argue.

We have to get a better coach and a better roster.
that is not an argument.

We already know we dont have 2 stars yet. thats why it was called a 2 summer plan and not a one summer plan, that is why we were trying so hard to get AD. you have to have 2 stars if you want to have a chance to contend with gstate. doing so will also help you if your team hits a bad rash of injuries.

oh by the way, i highly doubt these teams listed above will still be on par with the lakers injuries to key players since we now know that ball and ingram are both done for the season. name a top team that has had to deal with two of their main cogs being out with season ending injuries? they dont exist. especially if they dont have at minimum 2 stars on the team and thats what i said in my other thread. 2 stars. you can't coach caruso and a bunch of d league dudes and some bench guys into getting into the playoffs. not going to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 42498

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Cool, then they can win the Bay League in CIF as the high school season is about that many games.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 131953
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

It’s like a line from a Bogart movie, we’ll always have Christmas.
_________________
All gave some,
Some gave all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.
but yet someone tried to tell me it wasnt the injuries.



Nobody said that. Everyone here agrees that injuries are part of the reason. But not the number 1 reason like that thread you started a couple of days ago. Stop BSing dude

how the heck is it not the #1 reason when you only have 20 something games played with your main guys? you aint winning like that out west. not going to happen.we dont have the luxury yet of having 2 stars where one goes down and another can go into superman mode and save the team. remember when shaq use to get hurt and young kobe would start to go off and carry the team? we dont have that yet. we just lost 2 guys to season ending injuries. TWO main guys. you're not about to recover from that. that is ...the #1 reason. you guys just like being mad at people so you can point a finger at someone. you really can't be angry at the injury bug. he/she doesnt actually exist.


Cause multiple teams in the west had more injuries to their main guys and they still string together wins. GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA. They had like 20 games of their fully starting lineup, similar to LA.


Then there is something wrong with the roster construction and injuries highlighted that. If we don't have 2 stars then we weren't that good to begin with.

If we had to rely on Ball and Ingram being fully healthy than their is something wrong with the way the roster is built. They are good young players but they were mostly inconsistent throughout the season(BI was amazing after ASB tho). There should be someone to step up but we had no one on the roster capable of doing that and that falls on the GM and coaching.

You can't expect the team to not have any injuries when its apart of the game and every team deals with them and some of them was hit harder than us in terms of quality and quantity of players but we can't use it as an excuse to make us feel better about this season. There are bigger problems that needs to be dealt with in the summer.



what are you talking about?

GS, OKC, HOU, Den, SA

Look at that list. they have multiple stars on the same team. thats the point. How is it you guys dont get the magic 2 star plan? a lot of you guys are the same guys that wanted to build thru the youth. but then you say bu bu but they had injuries toooo. stop it. these teams have multiple stars on the same team. we dont. we have bron, thats it. there's a reason we were willing to trade a lot of the kids for another superstar. because you just proved how importan/impactful they are. they are so good they can carry you if everyone but them goes down.

it's not just the injuries, either. because we cant trust if any of the injuries stars get today are real injuries like the past, or just excuses to rest. the real key is the multiple star backup plan. rest one star, get the other going, the ol gsw routine. can't do that if we dont have multiple stars.

but the other issue is that our "main" star would suck even if he didnt say he was injured. this injury...i personally dont buy it. and neither do a lot of people. lol. all that is going on is that the season is a trainwreck, we aint making the playoffs, and lbj is not about to expose himself as even worse than I am saying by playing on a hopeless team. You think he's going to drag this team to the playoffs like kobe before achilles or kobe in 2006? not a chance. and even if he tried, he would look so bad...eventually all the stat heads would run out of statistical reasons to explain why lbj's stats are so good yet he looks so bad, and so does the team...and they would have to admit, like we did with dwight, he just kind of is bad at basketball.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101068
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
this injury...i personally dont buy it. and neither do a lot of people. lol.


I have to give it to you for persistence, even in the face of evidence to the contrary. I actually think he came back to early. He isn't moving like he was pre injury.

I agree he hasn't elevated the team like it should be, but the team is at least .500 when he's playing (again, facts). But we didn't sign him up to go .500.

We have so many places to blame, and LBJ is one, but the primary culprits are his bosses.
_________________
Congrats to Rob Pelinka, winner of the Lakers Hunger Games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 19963

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I was told this was a poorly constructed roster and had no chance to win. As it turns out there are more ways to win than by launching 40 threes a game if the guys on the floor are committed to defense and ball movement. Something we were doing quite well before the injury bug hit.

But this thread is about the young core and Lebron being good together and the rest of the roster kind of sucking. Because Maginka didn't sign better shooters it put the onus on Ingram and Ball to become the shooters the team needed asap. Ball-handlers like Rondo and Stephenson often took the ball out of Lonzo and BI's hands rather than keeping the offense flowing. And only McGee is a good defender out of the non-Lebron veteran acquisitions, putting even more responsibility for keeping the team's defense afloat on the two 21 year olds and JaVale.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101068
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Rondo was somewhat understandable even if he wasn't an ideal choice. But many of us wanted him never to play in lineups with LBJ, and if possible, not with BI either.

But how many games (in part due to Lonzo's injury) did you see Rondo monopolize the ball?

I hated the Lance/KCP signings from the get go. Beez, I sort of understood, and he was a room exception signing.
_________________
Congrats to Rob Pelinka, winner of the Lakers Hunger Games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 19963

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rondo was somewhat understandable even if he wasn't an ideal choice. But many of us wanted him never to play in lineups with LBJ, and if possible, not with BI either.

But how many games (in part due to Lonzo's injury) did you see Rondo monopolize the ball?

I hated the Lance/KCP signings from the get go. Beez, I sort of understood, and he was a room exception signing.

Stephenson was the room exception signing, no?

Tyreke Evans' shooting cratered this year, but I still would've prefered him over KCP or Rondo/Beasley. Assuming re-signing KCP was a Lebron tax, I think a more reasonable offseason might have been signing Evans, Seth Curry, McGee, and Brook:

Lonzo/Evans/Curry
BI/Hart/KCP/Svi
Lebron/Bonga
Kuz/Moe/Deng
Lopez/McGee/Zu

Probably no more durable than this year's roster, but there'd be much better spacing with a top-10 of Zo, Evans, Curry, KCP, Hart, BI, Bron, Kuz, Brook, and McGee.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101068
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rondo was somewhat understandable even if he wasn't an ideal choice. But many of us wanted him never to play in lineups with LBJ, and if possible, not with BI either.

But how many games (in part due to Lonzo's injury) did you see Rondo monopolize the ball?

I hated the Lance/KCP signings from the get go. Beez, I sort of understood, and he was a room exception signing.

Stephenson was the room exception signing, no?

Tyreke Evans' shooting cratered this year, but I still would've prefered him over KCP or Rondo/Beasley. Assuming re-signing KCP was a Lebron tax, I think a more reasonable offseason might have been signing Evans, Seth Curry, McGee, and Brook:

Lonzo/Evans/Curry
BI/Hart/KCP/Svi
Lebron/Bonga
Kuz/Moe/Deng
Lopez/McGee/Zu

Probably no more durable than this year's roster, but there'd be much better spacing with a top-10 of Zo, Evans, Curry, KCP, Hart, BI, Bron, Kuz, Brook, and McGee.


Honestly not that difficult to construct a better supporting cast with a 29m budget. It was a disaster then and it showed itself as such through the course of the season.

When we had our "Must win" mode on these guys were no where to be seen.
_________________
Congrats to Rob Pelinka, winner of the Lakers Hunger Games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
this injury...i personally dont buy it. and neither do a lot of people. lol.


I have to give it to you for persistence, even in the face of evidence to the contrary. I actually think he came back to early. He isn't moving like he was pre injury.

I agree he hasn't elevated the team like it should be, but the team is at least .500 when he's playing (again, facts). But we didn't sign him up to go .500.

We have so many places to blame, and LBJ is one, but the primary culprits are his bosses.


i do not think you are watching very closely. this is what is happening...
the story is lbj is injured (this applies to other players, but not as much), and that is why he can't perform or whatever. how does that play out, or look on tv? it looks like he is not trying hard. the injury, right?

well, its nothing different from the earlier games where he was healthy. go and watch the video, there is nothing different. Nor is there anything different from his usual MO on other squads.

So...maybe the injury is real, but injury or not, he plays the same way...where it looks like he isn't trying. now, you guys are saying its the injury, but he plays like that without the injury. so injury to me = fake as far as the reason why he is sucking lol.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 101068
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
this injury...i personally dont buy it. and neither do a lot of people. lol.


I have to give it to you for persistence, even in the face of evidence to the contrary. I actually think he came back to early. He isn't moving like he was pre injury.

I agree he hasn't elevated the team like it should be, but the team is at least .500 when he's playing (again, facts). But we didn't sign him up to go .500.

We have so many places to blame, and LBJ is one, but the primary culprits are his bosses.


i do not think you are watching very closely. this is what is happening...
the story is lbj is injured (this applies to other players, but not as much), and that is why he can't perform or whatever. how does that play out, or look on tv? it looks like he is not trying hard. the injury, right?

well, its nothing different from the earlier games where he was healthy. go and watch the video, there is nothing different. Nor is there anything different from his usual MO on other squads.

So...maybe the injury is real, but injury or not, he plays the same way...where it looks like he isn't trying. now, you guys are saying its the injury, but he plays like that without the injury. so injury to me = fake as far as the reason why he is sucking lol.


He doesn't give effort on defense. I think that is not in dispute.

But he also doesn't look right physically. Now I know you have a predisposition against him, so why would I bother arguing this with you? I'm by no means a LBJ-stan, but his injury looks like it's affecting him. His defense was going to be atrocious injury or not though and that's not acceptable.
_________________
Congrats to Rob Pelinka, winner of the Lakers Hunger Games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3506

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

well, i will agree that it's not acceptable. im not trying to argue, im describing things. i dont care if i lose or win any lbj arguments. but at least we agree that the end result in unacceptable, which is really the meat of the point.

i don't think his offense is any different, but at least we can all see his D ain't nothing, whatever the reason. i do think if you watch closely, like ignore everyone else....you will see the offense is similar.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27718

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are 15-8 when LBJ. Ball. Ingram. Play.

trablos wrote:
activeverb wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Interesting.
Shame so many injuries.

Say what you want.
But on Xmas day this team was 4th and beating the Warriors.

The fact that the teams most valuable players
Only played 23 games together
Is crazy

I’d like to see us sign a top free agent
Package Kuzma, draft pick and change for a proven vet

Give it another go next season.


At the same time, they happened to play together during the period when we had an easy schedule. Most of those 15 wins were against bad teams. So I don't know that that trio is the recipe for success over the long term.

We beat the Nuggets, Blazers twice, Wolves (with Butler), Jazz, Pacers, Spurs, and of course the glorious beatdown of the Warriors on christmas.


Some of the teams you're mentioning weren't good. The Wolves were 4-8 when we beat them. The Spurs were also floundering at the time at 11-14. The Jazz team we beat was 8-11.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB