The Media's constant ATTACK on the Lakers...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Media's constant ATTACK on the Lakers...

SuperboyReformed wrote:
RG73 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Except for a few fringe people who complain about everything, these posts here are made AFTER the article, not before.

Chicken, egg...

Yet again fabricating falsehoods. Again, there is a clear record of people complaining about not retaining Brook and JR going back to the offseason. There were people complaining about Magic going back to his hire. There were people complaining about Jeanie during her spat with Jim. People complaining about the influence of Lebron on the team as soon as it was obvious they were going after him. This is a matter of record on this website. Almost all of this precedes media attention to these issues. Look it up and stop fabricating nonsense.

yup exactly. we are a very big fanbase, and all angles and opinions are offered up in writing here before and after everything happens.
when someone's predictions or thoughts are validated later, they totally have the right to mention it here or discuss it further, and I for one am always interested in such discussions as they help us learn what ideas or thought processes were correct, and maybe even why.

but what happens is after the fact, the people who were wrong dont want to admit it so it just gets crazy defensive, personal, etc....standard internet behavior right?

ill take myself on this particular example...YEARS before we got lbj i complained about him (duh). then when we got him i said very clearly we are going to lose games (and series if we go to playoffs) becauise lbj's fts are so bad. this is before anyone in the media started talking laker fts. and i said the same about fts all these past years when we kept complaining about our shooters and wanting all these sucky ft shooting guys like lonzo.

there are others saying this stuff. and we're not just throwin sh-- on the wall and hoping it sticks and cherrypicking them later.

this lbj drama is not over. even if we do right the ship and get a couple more stars, believe me, the laker fans are noticing that maybe its not the injuries or anything and he is not great on OFFENSE also. then that chatter will start and that will get nuts. this is already the first time ive seen the general media really kind of dig in hard on lbj.
slow down SBR.

the problem with saying "I told you so" this year is that the reason we have been losing to the point of not only not making the playoffs but slipping up on a high pick in this coming draft is not Lebron's FT's fault, it's not the fault of not having shooters, it's not the fault of rob/magic, its not the fault of luke's so called bad coaching/bad rotations, it's not even the AD trade situation with the kids, its not trading Zu(lol). It's the constant injuries. When you're main cogs play less than 30 games together. and you dont YET have that 2nd superstar. You ...WILL....LOSE.

There is no ifs and buts about it. there is no way around that period. A coach can't coach a team up that far. thats to high Up. I can't coach caruso into becoming a starter caliber Pg. You coach Jonathan williams into being Hakeem.

You can take your pick of any coach. and we would still not have made the playoffs with these specific injuries to these key guys back to back to back to back to back to back.... and having two main guns out for the season. not going to happen on a team with one superstar.

So the I told you so's need to be held back until after this summer. if magic can't produce per his own words. then go in on magic. If we're a lot healthier this year and we still have luke and we still cant make the playoffs. then go all in on luke.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: The Media's constant ATTACK on the Lakers...

splashmtn wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
RG73 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Except for a few fringe people who complain about everything, these posts here are made AFTER the article, not before.

Chicken, egg...

Yet again fabricating falsehoods. Again, there is a clear record of people complaining about not retaining Brook and JR going back to the offseason. There were people complaining about Magic going back to his hire. There were people complaining about Jeanie during her spat with Jim. People complaining about the influence of Lebron on the team as soon as it was obvious they were going after him. This is a matter of record on this website. Almost all of this precedes media attention to these issues. Look it up and stop fabricating nonsense.

yup exactly. we are a very big fanbase, and all angles and opinions are offered up in writing here before and after everything happens.
when someone's predictions or thoughts are validated later, they totally have the right to mention it here or discuss it further, and I for one am always interested in such discussions as they help us learn what ideas or thought processes were correct, and maybe even why.

but what happens is after the fact, the people who were wrong dont want to admit it so it just gets crazy defensive, personal, etc....standard internet behavior right?

ill take myself on this particular example...YEARS before we got lbj i complained about him (duh). then when we got him i said very clearly we are going to lose games (and series if we go to playoffs) becauise lbj's fts are so bad. this is before anyone in the media started talking laker fts. and i said the same about fts all these past years when we kept complaining about our shooters and wanting all these sucky ft shooting guys like lonzo.

there are others saying this stuff. and we're not just throwin sh-- on the wall and hoping it sticks and cherrypicking them later.

this lbj drama is not over. even if we do right the ship and get a couple more stars, believe me, the laker fans are noticing that maybe its not the injuries or anything and he is not great on OFFENSE also. then that chatter will start and that will get nuts. this is already the first time ive seen the general media really kind of dig in hard on lbj.
slow down SBR.

the problem with saying "I told you so" this year is that the reason we have been losing to the point of not only not making the playoffs but slipping up on a high pick in this coming draft is not Lebron's FT's fault, it's not the fault of not having shooters, it's not the fault of rob/magic, its not the fault of luke's so called bad coaching/bad rotations, it's not even the AD trade situation with the kids, its not trading Zu(lol). It's the constant injuries. When you're main cogs play less than 30 games together. and you dont YET have that 2nd superstar. You ...WILL....LOSE.

There is no ifs and buts about it. there is no way around that period. A coach can't coach a team up that far. thats to high Up. I can't coach caruso into becoming a starter caliber Pg. You coach Jonathan williams into being Hakeem.

You can take your pick of any coach. and we would still not have made the playoffs with these specific injuries to these key guys back to back to back to back to back to back.... and having two main guns out for the season. not going to happen on a team with one superstar.

So the I told you so's need to be held back until after this summer. if magic can't produce per his own words. then go in on magic. If we're a lot healthier this year and we still have luke and we still cant make the playoffs. then go all in on luke.

yes you are right. I am not "i told you so"ing quite yet. do it too early, and you will be banned, we both know it!! (jk mods, dont ban me!)

BUT, here's what I am waiting to see. you are still saying the injuries are real and have more to do with us (and lbj) sucking than what I am saying. What i am saying is most of the injuries are fake, including lbj, and they are just using the time to do whatever...regroup, rest because they know the year is shot. but well see i suppose.

ill say this also, i am still not sure what people mean when they say lebron isnt playing well because he is injured. because i personally am not seeing him play any differently than when he was healthy or on other teams. so as far as SEEING it, i am not. all tha fans are talking like its so obvious on tv that he is injured. i dont see it.

i also agree though, injuries or not, it is not lukes fault or magic etc. without a real 2nd star we are not going anywhere with lbj.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
most of the injuries are fake, including lbj,

I can tell you what is more fake here...
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
By the way, there is literally one Lakers story about half way down ESPN's website right now. There is no "constant media attack" because the franchise is simply becoming irrelevant. But yeah, as the postmortems start being written, the knives will be coming out, and deservedly so. You can't be the worst team in the NBA over 6 years and expect not to be criticized.

Indeed. The fact is, the Lakers are the biggest story in the NBA whether they're 82-0, 0-82, 41-41, or anywhere else in between.

If it was up to the media, it would be 82-0 because that would generate a lot more buzz. With the Lakers falling out, a huge sector of the NBA fan base is no longer interested in the rest of the season. That isn't good for the people in the business of writing and talking about the NBA.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

yes you are right. I am not "i told you so"ing quite yet. do it too early, and you will be banned, we both know it!! (jk mods, dont ban me!)

BUT, here's what I am waiting to see. you are still saying the injuries are real and have more to do with us (and lbj) sucking than what I am saying. What i am saying is most of the injuries are fake, including lbj, and they are just using the time to do whatever...regroup, rest because they know the year is shot. but well see i suppose.

ill say this also, i am still not sure what people mean when they say lebron isnt playing well because he is injured. because i personally am not seeing him play any differently than when he was healthy or on other teams. so as far as SEEING it, i am not. all tha fans are talking like its so obvious on tv that he is injured. i dont see it.

i also agree though, injuries or not, it is not lukes fault or magic etc. without a real 2nd star we are not going anywhere with lbj.

The bottom line is that there are lots of potential culprits for our problems: Magic, Lebron, Luke, the young kids, poor free agent choices, injuries, etc. Different people have different beliefs about which culprit(s) are most responsible. You have your beliefs; I have mine; the next person has theirs.

Ultimately, I'm not sure any of the finger pointing matters. This season was always meant to be a placeholder. Given that our most realistic good outcome was losing in the first round, I am not as worked up over missing the playoffs as some people (though I am disappointed at the young player's development, which is more important than whether we end up in the 8th slot or the 10th slot).

Everything hinges on whether Magic can execute his big two-max free agent strategy. He's pushed all his chips to the center of the table. Whether the plan will work is anyone's guess, but the way this strategy has been mapped out everything else is pretty moot right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We don’t need the media to tell us that the Lakers have been a train wreck since Dr. Buss passed away. That Jeanie, Magic and Pelinka are in positions that they have no experience in. That neither have an idea how to shape a winning team. That giving away young assets for basically nothing isn’t a good practice. That pissing off other FOs and agents doesn’t bode well for adding talent. That we began the season with a crap roster that they somehow managed to make worse. I know that the OP isn’t new here but must have missed those discussions here the past couple of years. We don’t have to believe the media because we have lived it.

Fine. We are trash.

That's not an excuse for all of the drama. Nor is it a reason to bash LeBron like he's the cause.

Magic and Pelinka told you they were going after 2 Superstars. - No problem with that, right?

We got LeBron last year and tried to get Kawhi/AD since then...no problem with that right?

Looks like Magic and Pelinka offered a plan that was accepted by fans, started executing that plan and have the potential to finish it this offseason.

So why are we complaining? Because they didn't keep Lopez or Randle? LOL...

The Sky is NOT falling.

Worst record in the league the past 6 years. And yes, I have a big problem with Magic’s plan, mainly that it is unlikely to lead us to the promised land. The sky has been falling since Dr. Buss passed away and his idiot children took over.

This is pretty misleading, as correlation does not equal causation. In a universe where Dr Buss is still here helping build the team, we STILL have to deal with "basketball reasons", Kobe's Achilles, Dwightmare, and MozDeng. We are pretty much on track with where we would be anyways, so it doesn't make sense to say that our unprecedented losing has to do with our unprecedented new leadership. Especially when we replaced the leadership only two years ago, so that's even less time that they have had to clean up the mess. Despite that, we are in a much better position going forward than we were to start the 2016-2017 season.

Disagree, when Doc was in charge we had experienced basketball executives in key roles, not guys who had absolutely no experience. Jeanie’s inability to reach beyond the familiar is a big problem.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Whats the problem with the criticism? Seems more than fair.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: