Brian Windhorst Breaks Down the Disastrous Lakers Season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Thanks. will give the pod a listen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Teams are going to continue fleecing us in trades if we continue devaluing our players. This season alone, we let Brook/Jules/Bryant walk. We gave away Zub for nothing.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
It's good to hear national pundits moving away from the bullsh*t two star narrative and more towards an organic build that complements LBJ and the young core.

Doubt it will penetrate Magic's thick skull... as I'm sure he's out to prove everyone was wrong about him... but if the media narrative shifts... at least there is some hope.

It's Magic's impatience that needs to be changed. I was ok with getting AD but not for that crazy price tag reported. We can still get 1 more star via cap space + the youth we still have and have them organically develop while the 2 stars carry us to the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

I think we will likely end up with one of Butler, Kemba, Boogie ( ).

You'd still have some cap space and I'd try to get someone like Dedmon.

With the room exception you have to get the best available backup PG who can start if/when Lonzo goes down with injury again. So if we picked Butler (my best guess is we go with him), we'd have:

Lonzo/room exception PG
Jimmy/Hart
Butler/Bonga
LBJ/Kuz
Dedmon/Wag

We'd still have a possible top 10 pick and minimum deals.

Of course not the most ideal, but I think we will can realistically go with something like this.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

2, 3, 5, 7 are huge issues moving forward
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

i have been on Bojan Bogdanović bandwagon for a while now.

but knowing this max or flop scenario, i dont think we will even hear his name
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

totally agree on operating like a small market team piece. Buss family is the only mom and pop shop left in NBA and it shows. they hang on to old employees way too long: in medical/training staff and other capacities of the team. feel entitled is also a Buss family trait, they're still stuck in the past glories that players will flock over to Lakers just because of the name brand. the Buss family has and will always living in the past.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

Is Bill Bertka still one of the more influential scouts/talent evaluators? Love what he did for the Lakers, but he may still be on payroll...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
totally agree on operating like a small market team piece. Buss family is the only mom and pop shop left in NBA and it shows. they hang on to old employees way too long: in medical/training staff and other capacities of the team. feel entitled is also a Buss family trait, they're still stuck in the past glories that players will flock over to Lakers just because of the name brand. the Buss family has and will always living in the past.

It’s tough because all they have is their last name and their dad’s legacy. Jesse has shown to be a great scout and Jeanie got them the TV contract, but will they ever become champions without Dr. Buss?
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Is Bill Bertka still one of the more influential scouts/talent evaluators? Love what he did for the Lakers, but he may still be on payroll...

Bertka may still have an official title with the Lakers, but I think he's about 140 years old so not sure how down with the kids he is.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

i just hate all the old school / out dated approach of this ownership:

1. mono-toned Lawrance Tanter (sure it was refreshing for the first couple decades but his voice is really getting old, the entire area lacks energy)

2. Laker girls with their high school dance routines, do other teams even use cheerleaders anymore?

3. same medical/training staff from gary vitti tree.

4. keep hiring and/or bring up ex-lakers as coaching candidates.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

1. mono-toned Lawrance Tanter (sure it was refreshing for the first couple decades but his voice is really getting old, the entire area lacks energy)

2. Laker girls with their high school dance routines, do other teams even use cheerleaders anymore?

Tanker, “Laker Guuurrrrllllssss.”
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Points 1 and 2 seem to contradict. Praise the medical staff for finding Ingram's problem, but then say the Lakers are behind the curve in terms of medical?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

LOL i almost spewed my lunch. the guy is reading the same damn script each game, there's no innovation whatsoever. everything he says are exactly the same from game to game, and i've been to quite a few in person over the years.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Points 1 and 2 seem to contradict. Praise the medical staff for finding Ingram's problem, but then say the Lakers are behind the curve in terms of medical?

Well it’s worth noting that who ever was treating Ingram might have saved his life. At the same time it can be pointed out that since 2011, our medical staff has been lacking in the injury treatment and injury prevention department. Around the same time we let that one guy go to Toronto instead of paying him through the work stoppage. How good was that lady trainer been for the Warriors before she left for ATL. She was able to patch up Curry, AI, Durant and Thompson when their injuries looked like season ending ones.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams are going to continue fleecing us in trades if we continue devaluing our players. This season alone, we let Brook/Jules/Bryant walk. We gave away Zub for nothing.

We have all been beating this dead horse for a while now, but the absurdity is fresh everyday when you consider how weak the corp of bigs is on this team. That's literally 4 quality bigs that could have all been retained for cheap, 3 of whom are better 3 point shooters than just about anyone on the team right now. No size and no shooting and we let them walk out the door.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bertka may still have an official title with the Lakers, but I think he's about 140 years old so not sure how down with the kids he is.

He's a fresh 91 years old!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

LOL i almost spewed my lunch. the guy is reading the same damn script each game, there's no innovation whatsoever. everything he says are exactly the same from game to game, and i've been to quite a few in person over the years.

The good news for the anti-Tanter crowd is that the South Bay guy (and possible Tanter replacement) is the exact opposite.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

AFireInside619 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yes. We should have been calling him Lawrence Tanker for the past 6 seasons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We have all been beating this dead horse for a while now, but the absurdity is fresh everyday when you consider how weak the corp of bigs is on this team. That's literally 4 quality bigs that could have all been retained for cheap, 3 of whom are better 3 point shooters than just about anyone on the team right now. No size and no shooting and we let them walk out the door.

No Brook? Ok, we can roll with Zub (traditional big)/Bryant (floor spacing big).

Oh wait.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No Brook? Ok, we can roll with Zub (traditional big)/Bryant (floor spacing big).

Oh wait.

Right, at the very least two cost controlled guys that fill two necessary roles. But you'd have to recognize that you actually had talent on the roster and then recognize that talent may require some more coaching and growth.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh wait.

Right, at the very least two cost controlled guys that fill two necessary roles. But you'd have to recognize that you actually had talent on the roster and then recognize that talent may require some more coaching and growth.

Combined they make less than Beez, who is in China right now.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

hate to say this, and putting my flame suit on, personally i think the Clippers have a brighter future than the Lakers.

deep pocket owner who is hands off and willing to hire the best to run team

moving into new Inglewood arena near the new Rams stadium, that'll be the new center of the LA sport scene

free agents want the Clippers because they can get best of both worlds: big LA market but without the drama of being a Laker
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
hate to say this, and putting my flame suit on, personally i think the Clippers have a brighter future than the Lakers.

deep pocket owner who is hands off and willing to hire the best to run team

moving into new Inglewood arena near the new Rams stadium, that'll be the new center of the LA sport scene

free agents want the Clippers because they can get best of both worlds: big LA market but without the drama of being a Laker

Sadly, the Clips aren't "Clipping" anymore.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh wait.

Combined they make less than Beez, who is in China right now.

I mean the more you see this written out, the more absurd it becomes.
Maybe I'll get over it 5 years from now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: