Jazz fan who yelled at Russell Westbrook filing lawsuit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I sat in a spurs arena one time. And the stuff they told kobe was mind boggling everything from rapist to you need Shaq to win or you pau bailed him out. Something along those lines.... point is it didn’t phase kobe one bit. He went out there kept his mouth shut and played.

Maybe my generation is not use to that kind of treatment. Therefore I think that’s why I feel we need coddling. Too sensitive, thin skinned

They are separate issues. The fan can easily be proven to be violating the fan conduct policy, although a quick scan of the policy only mentions being ejected from games, not banned for life, but the Jazz arena has some of their own autonomy to make rules.

Besides that, Russ does seem pretty sensitive. After the incident where a child touched him he claimed, "he hit me", like a high strung kindergartener running to the teacher and over-exaggerating.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Air3cDZNbnAqRQKHVq/giphy.gif
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I think this is the dumbest thing ever.
Quote:
As paying fans we should be able to say whatever the hell we want to players, coaches, reporters and nba executives no matter how disrespectful. They get paid millions of dollars a year and they are on the center stage so they should be able to deal with this stuff.

The only exception to this is that banter shouldn’t be racist in any way shape or form, not attack The disabled or children under the age of 18.

But when it comes to the players and basketball. It should be open season on them all day long

Wow. No wonder the world appears to be going straight to hell.

They get paid millions of dollars because their play on the court brings in X times that amount. Should the absurdness of their paychecks turn them into robots?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Apparently, if you're wealthy, Average Joe thinks you don't deserve the same rights as him since players are fined if they verbally abuse fans. Average Joe is probably resentful of said people's wealth, so the only way for Average Joe to even the playing field is verbal abuse, which he believes he's earned a license to hurl out with no repercussions since he's paid 20 dollars for his ticket (undoubtedly a huge contribution to an NBA player's paycheck).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I sat in a spurs arena one time. And the stuff they told kobe was mind boggling everything from rapist to you need Shaq to win or you pau bailed him out. Something along those lines.... point is it didn’t phase kobe one bit. He went out there kept his mouth shut and played.

Maybe my generation is not use to that kind of treatment. Therefore I think that’s why I feel we need coddling. Too sensitive, thin skinned

I went to NYC and Boston and heard Kobe called everything from "bum" to "MVP" chants at in NYC and in Boston I heard a "he's a rapist" chant. Yes an actual chant.

I don't know where the line is drawn but the word used along with the overall bigotry of that couples statements was past the line.

There is a difference between trash talk and harassment. Utah is the fanbase that mocked Derek Fisher's daughter after he left the team, so class and common decency is asking too much from them.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Apparently, if you're wealthy, Average Joe thinks you don't deserve the same rights as him since players are fined if they verbally abuse fans. Average Joe is probably resentful of said people's wealth, so the only way for Average Joe to even the playing field is verbal abuse, which he believes he's earned a license to hurl out with no repercussions since he's paid 20 dollars for his ticket (undoubtedly a huge contribution to an NBA player's paycheck).

It's basically the equivalent of "i paid you to dance so shut up and dance". They're not treated as people and it's absurd.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This Kiesel guy was apparently a cop for 17 years too. :o

Cop. Camo hat. MAGAtardery. It was a given he would turn out to be a racist.

If he actually goes forward with this suit, his police records will be relevant discovery for Russ's attorneys, no? If so, I guarantee he's had some previous incidents with African Americans, Latinos, and anyone who's not cookie cutter Utah white.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
999 wrote:

They are separate issues. The fan can easily be proven to be violating the fan conduct policy, although a quick scan of the policy only mentions being ejected from games, not banned for life, but the Jazz arena has some of their own autonomy to make rules.

Besides that, Russ does seem pretty sensitive. After the incident where a child touched him he claimed, "he hit me", like a high strung kindergartener running to the teacher and over-exaggerating.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Air3cDZNbnAqRQKHVq/giphy.gif

So a few things here. The guy made racist comments, so these are totally different in quality than what Kobe may have faced. Totally different.

As to Russ, yeah, he stepped over the line himself a little with telling the racist wife he'd f her up (the husband, please, f him up Russ). And he is a little sensitive. But he's actually had psycho fans storm the court and try to get physical with him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK11sSjEM3c). I think he's been subject to a number of other incidents that have him on edge. So thin skinned, over-reacting? Yeah, maybe a little. But it stands to reason you do not: touch players unless you're offering a high five or you're helping them back up after they fall on you, do not yell racist obscenities at them, and you do not, ever get up in their face on the court and shout at them. Arguably, and I'll let our legal experts weigh in here, violating any of those three things would actually constitute breaking laws (potentially).
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
I think this is the dumbest thing ever. As paying fans we should be able to say whatever the hell we want to players, coaches, reporters and nba executives no matter how disrespectful. They get paid millions of dollars a year and they are on the center stage so they should be able to deal with this stuff.

The only exception to this is that banter shouldn’t be racist in any way shape or form, not attack The disabled or children under the age of 18.

But when it comes to the players and basketball. It should be open season on them all day long

You are also on private property and they have the right to evict you if your behavior doesn't meet their standards.

Yea that’s fine... let’s coddle these millionaires even more and make sure the trash talking fan who helps finance their careers do not get under their skin.

That's not coddling them, it's THEIR Business and they set the rules. There's a code of conduct that you agree to abide by once you purchase a ticket. If you don't follow those rules you get thrown out, simple as that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
I think this is the dumbest thing ever. As paying fans we should be able to say whatever the hell we want to players, coaches, reporters and nba executives no matter how disrespectful. They get paid millions of dollars a year and they are on the center stage so they should be able to deal with this stuff.

You are also on private property and they have the right to evict you if your behavior doesn't meet their standards.

Yea that’s fine... let’s coddle these millionaires even more and make sure the trash talking fan who helps finance their careers do not get under their skin.

That's not coddling them, it's THEIR Business and they set the rules. There's a code of conduct that you agree to abide by once you purchase a ticket. If you don't follow those rules you get thrown out, simple as that.

Yup. It's not a "free speech" issue.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
999 wrote:
Quote:
As paying fans we should be able to say whatever the hell we want to players, coaches, reporters and nba executives no matter how disrespectful. They get paid millions of dollars a year and they are on the center stage so they should be able to deal with this stuff.

They get paid millions of dollars because their play on the court brings in X times that amount. Should the absurdness of their paychecks turn them into robots?

Like I said before if the banter is racist, personal or attacking under age children than yes BAN the fan throw him out for life...

but if the Banter is about Basketball and his physical abilities to play the game than YES. it should be open season on the player. as long as a subject is clearly defined. keep it about basketball....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

"WB, your DRPM/RPM, box +/-, and VORP suck!"

-says the "reasonable" fan.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

stuff like can't win without Durant.. or Harden is better than you should be fair game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

stuff like can't win without Durant.. or Harden is better than you should be fair game.

That's fine, but not reportedly what the fan said to WB.

But I'm also not fine with WB threatening to hurt the fan and his wife either.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

I know htis is going to come as a shock to everyone but this guy's tweets that he tried to furiously delete basically paint him as a MAGA maggot.

Shocker. I know.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
999 wrote:
Quote:

Like I said before if the banter is racist, personal or attacking under age children than yes BAN the fan throw him out for life...

but if the Banter is about Basketball and his physical abilities to play the game than YES. it should be open season on the player. as long as a subject is clearly defined. keep it about basketball....

would you be ok with writing his box score in pee and then pointing it out to him when he walks by?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
999 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
999 wrote:
Quote:

would you be ok with writing his box score in pee and then pointing it out to him when he walks by?

as long as it is legible.. sure why not
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
999 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
999 wrote:
Quote:

but you can only pee in cursive
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
999 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
999 wrote:
Quote:

but you can only pee in cursive

I'm not R Kelly. I cant do that. westbrook get's capital letters only
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Jazz Fans,

In light of recent events, we want to address fan behavior and how we choose to express the passion we all have for the Utah Jazz.

Whether it’s online through social media, at gatherings with friends and family, or at the arena on game nights, we help the world Take Note of our team. Because of this, we all have a shared responsibility to represent the Utah Jazz and the community in the right way.

The Utah Jazz will strictly enforce the NBA Fan Code of Conduct with zero tolerance.

We do not permit hate speech, racism, sexism or homophobia. We also do not allow disruptive behavior, including bullying, foul or abusive language, or obscene gestures. Violators may be subject to ejection and other penalties, including a lifetime ban.

If you see or hear anything that violates our standards, please say something. Report any violations to the nearest Guest Services or Security staff member. You can also use the arena text line (801-901-8111) and an arena representative will respond to address the matter.

Now, let us be clear: we want you to be loud. You’re the reason we have the best home-court advantage in the league, and we want to keep it that way. We have a unique arena that provides the crowd with close proximity to the court and an increased ability to affect the game. Players and coaches on both teams can hear you, and we expect all fans to respect them—as well as the game officials, arena employees, and other fans at the arena.

We all have a responsibility to respect the game of basketball and, more importantly, each other as human beings. This has always been a hallmark of our incredible fan base and should forever be our standard moving forward.

Gail Miller – Owner, Utah Jazz
Steve Starks – President, Utah Jazz
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Jazz Fans,

In light of recent events, we want to address fan behavior and how we choose to express the passion we all have for the Utah Jazz.

Whether it’s online through social media, at gatherings with friends and family, or at the arena on game nights, we help the world Take Note of our team. Because of this, we all have a shared responsibility to represent the Utah Jazz and the community in the right way.

The Utah Jazz will strictly enforce the NBA Fan Code of Conduct with zero tolerance.

We do not permit hate speech, racism, sexism or homophobia. We also do not allow disruptive behavior, including bullying, foul or abusive language, or obscene gestures. Violators may be subject to ejection and other penalties, including a lifetime ban.

If you see or hear anything that violates our standards, please say something. Report any violations to the nearest Guest Services or Security staff member. You can also use the arena text line (801-901-8111) and an arena representative will respond to address the matter.

Now, let us be clear: we want you to be loud. You’re the reason we have the best home-court advantage in the league, and we want to keep it that way. We have a unique arena that provides the crowd with close proximity to the court and an increased ability to affect the game. Players and coaches on both teams can hear you, and we expect all fans to respect them—as well as the game officials, arena employees, and other fans at the arena.

We all have a responsibility to respect the game of basketball and, more importantly, each other as human beings. This has always been a hallmark of our incredible fan base and should forever be our standard moving forward.

Gail Miller – Owner, Utah Jazz
Steve Starks – President, Utah Jazz

this is good.... keep the trash talking about basketball and the team and nothing else.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Another racist fan receives the ban hammer: Utah Jazz Ban Second Fan from Separate Westbrook Incident in 2018
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Those "insults" are mild. Like a 2 on a scale of 10 kind of mild.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

IDK man. I was in Kobe's last game in ATL, and fans were starting "raaaaapist" chants. Raaaaapist. Raaaapist. Raaapist. Not that mild, bro. I'd rather have some dork be like "yo suck my D" than have a stadium chant that I am a rapist.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

IDK man. I was in Kobe's last game in ATL, and fans were starting "raaaaapist" chants. Raaaaapist. Raaaapist. Raaapist. Not that mild, bro. I'd rather have some dork be like "yo suck my D" than have a stadium chant that I am a rapist.

if I heard that from a fan I think I would laugh
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

How bad was it from 1 - 10, remember Lamar (and this I heard in staples center)...’UGLY SISTER.... UGLY SISTER’
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: