Magic/Rob are not doing anything different than Jerry West with the clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

Tragic is transforming us to New York West.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

I love me some DLO and Zubac, but the lakers worst mistake was Jerry West not coming back....

Jerry West, the greatest LAKER OF ALL TIME.....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
I love me some DLO and Zubac, but the lakers worst mistake was Jerry West not coming back....

I don't think DLO is traded if Jerry is consulting the Lakers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

I don't think DLO is traded if Jerry is consulting the Lakers.

Impossible to say but I agree and I think there were a few other things Magic did that I don't think Jerry would have... kept DLO, brought back Randle, and I don't think he drafts Lonzo.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Such a shame, considering Jerry West asked to come back and consult the Lakers, and Jeannie stuck to an old, foolish grudge and said no.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Clippers are one of most surprising teams in the NBA. Tip your cap. Lakers are the new clippers with banners in the rafter

Just a comical situation
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
1. The Clippers actually built a competent roster.
2. The Clippers actually brought in Jerry West to mentor, monitor and consult a first time GM that wanted to learn and be maximzied.
3. The Clippers are actually in the playoffs.

The Lakers have done the opposite of what the Clippers have been doing, and more what the Knicks have been known for.

I called it when we brought on Magic that we would turn into the Knicks, I wish it was only a joke. Too similar to Isaiah Thomas situation.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

The paperclips are a one hit wonder. Even if they get Kawhi, they are not sniffing anything beyond the second round. Yeah we've taken our lumps but we'll be back on top in no time.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Such a shame, considering Jerry West asked to come back and consult the Lakers, and Jeannie stuck to an old, foolish grudge and said no.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie knew that going with Magic/Pelinka would be leaving her mark on the franchise and she would be a genius if it all worked out. If she hired Jerry West, he would be a known quantity and probably get the credit.
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

It's a very bad look if the Clippers get Kawhi who is the second most coveted free agent this off-season. Both teams are in LA but he chooses the supposedly inferior one? When the Lakers have LeBron and a FO, contrary to the anti-Lakers media narrative, that commands a supreme level of respect from players?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie knew that going with Magic/Pelinka would be leaving her mark on the franchise and she would be a genius if it all worked out. If she hired Jerry West, he would be a known quantity and probably get the credit.

If that is true, that is a stupid reason.

You missed playoff now 6 years in a row. You need help.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
The paperclips are a one hit wonder. Even if they get Kawhi, they are not sniffing anything beyond the second round. Yeah we've taken our lumps but we'll be back on top in no time.

Ah, Lakers exceptionalism. Cowboy fans have been saying something similar for about 20 years now. Yes, we have advantages, but it is becoming apparent that those advantages are not worth what some of us think they are.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

If that is true, that is a stupid reason.

You missed playoff now 6 years in a row. You need help.

That kind of petty nonsense is exactly why the Lakers will continue to fail.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1108732703573188608

There probably would be some differences.

Houston has more three point attempts per game than any other team in the league. They are about average in percentage made, but they do have a high volume of attempts.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

We traded away what Magic himself believed had allstar potential in a salary dump at the chance to sign a vet all star. The clips traded away an all star at the hope of clearing space for a vet all star. Time to bring out the torches?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
We traded away what Magic himself believed had allstar potential in a salary dump at the chance to sign a vet all star. The clips traded away an all star at the hope of clearing space for a vet all star. Time to bring out the torches?

Most would say the clippers got great return for Tobias Harris. They also fleeced the Lakers on another trade.

If the clippers don’t get Kawhi or another Max FA, yes they will get criticized.

The clippers, however, have not been as negligent and irresponsible as this Lakers FO in dumping/wasting young players and assets.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
trablos wrote:

Most would say the clippers got great return for Tobias Harris. They also fleeced the Lakers on another trade.

If the clippers don’t get Kawhi or another Max FA, yes they will get criticized.

The clippers, however, have not been as negligent and irresponsible as this Lakers FO in dumping/wasting young players and assets.

This I feel is the elephant in the room, and what I would disagree with. There is a calculated risk in these moves, so the possibility of failure is already considered. It doesn't make sense to me to place additional criticism on the move after having the benefit of knowing the outcome. Sure, getting Billy King'd is inexcusable, but business of basketball is a game of making moves on a spectrum of risk and reward. There are never guarantee's with anything.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Just the perfect surface appraisal the Maginka regime has come to count on. How about a quote from The 4 Agreements while we're at it.

Hey, if you noticed, Houston had 3 point shooters last year and still lost. So we don't need 3 point shooters! Just toughness!
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

The Clippers have made the playoffs something like six of the past seven years while we've missed the playoffs six years in a row. If the Clippers are a one-hit wonder, the Lakers haven't had one in a long time.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Have you seen what Zubac has been doing on a consistent basis.

Muscala has been worthless.

They are not doing the exact thing.

West basically got Zubac for nothing. What a terrible trade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
trablos wrote:

The Clippers added a young 3 point sniper, we added a big that was on 3 teams within a couple of days. Plus the whole playoff thing.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
trablos wrote:

Ah, Lakers exceptionalism. Cowboy fans have been saying something similar for about 20 years now. Yes, we have advantages, but it is becoming apparent that those advantages are not worth what some of us think they are.

Didnt think about it like this but it's very true. Unless big changes happen Lakers are going to be like the Cowboys where they live off the name and past accomplishments.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
trablos wrote:

Didnt think about it like this but it's very true. Unless big changes happen Lakers are going to be like the Cowboys where they live off the name and past accomplishments.

Lakers
Draft picks that became Magic, Worthy and Kobe. Sign Shaq in free agency. Trade for Pau.

Cowboys
Herschel Walker trade.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1108732703573188608

There probably would be some differences.

this needs to pick up steam. maybe magic can take away some pointers from Jerry West
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

The vision of both franchise's seem to be the same. The execution of that vision has been much worse by Magic and the Lakers compared to West's Clippers. This summer is make or break for Maginka.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: