Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I said it from the start... LeBron was a mistake.

Again... Jeannie is going to clean house this Summer. No way in the world will she continue to allow Magic and Pelinka to allow LeBron and Klutch to speak for and control the Lakers.

I am EXTREMELY happy to hear this.

Agree, 1000%.
The Lakers are not Ringling Bros Circus in town. This nonsense has to stop. The Lakers FO looks like idiots.
I support better basketball decisions, whatever they may be. Moves like trading Zubac for crap on a stick, can't continue. If Magic and Pelinka are too inexperienced and stupid to make the right moves, they need to hire people that do.

If firing Luke makes sense to get a better coach with a better staff, then I support that.
Get a shooting coach, I support that too.

As much as I like to watch Lebron, I hate what he and Rich Paul have formulated in LA. For example the $18 mil last year and the $12 mil this year for KCP. Wow, horrible.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Playing in Kobe's shadow was always going to be difficult for the first max FA to come.

DROZ didn't want that challenge. I'm thankful that LBJ took that first leap without another max FA. Has it worked out like I wanted to? Of course not. But I can still appreciate the fact he took the plunge.

I'm sure LeBron doesn't consider it being in Kobe's shadow anyway, though. He said he was the GOAT recently. lol

In LA and with the Lakers fanbase? He absolutely plays in Kobe’s shadow.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
would any CEO still have the job of running a billion dollar organization looking like this:

https://twitter.com/jeaniebuss?lang=en

mind boggling.

al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Trade your only All Star level player?

Toughen up Jeannie, maybe take a page from your late father and let the basketball people make the basketball decisions as you are 0 for the playoffs as an owner.

We don’t have any basketball people...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Playing in Kobe's shadow was always going to be difficult for the first max FA to come.

DROZ didn't want that challenge. I'm thankful that LBJ took that first leap without another max FA. Has it worked out like I wanted to? Of course not. But I can still appreciate the fact he took the plunge.

I'm sure LeBron doesn't consider it being in Kobe's shadow anyway, though. He said he was the GOAT recently. lol

It's not that. It's LeBron being an elite start-padding Finals loser and drama queen who doesn't play defense.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KBH wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Puker is absolutely the worst of the worst. Total fake news....Just like Kobe would play in Mars before playing for the Lakers...and went on to win 2 more championships. Nice try Puke...keep puking more germs.

Well, actually Kobe said that on the radio, and it was Pluto, not Mars. Bucher was the guy who was betting his house on it.

Kobe went on a 2 hour media tour. He was pretty quiet the rest of the offseason. But Bucher kept repeating all summer that Kobe had played his last game as a Laker and "would never wear a Laker jersey again". Training camp rolled around and Kobe was there.

To be fair, Kobe looked pretty checked out in preseason and the early portion of the 2007 season. I actually think Bucher was reporting things Kobe was telling him directly. Of course, Kobe didn't have control over whether or not he was traded to Pluto.

Nah, Kobe was playing good team ball to start the season, we were like 6th or 7th seed (22-11) with Bynum flourishing, then Bynum blew out his knee. Team stuggled for a few weeks then the Gasol trade went down. The rest is history.

I'm talking about preseason and the first few games of the season. Kobe locked back in fairly early and was fully invested by Christmas when it was clear we were better and Bynum was showing real signs. But in early-to-mid November, he definitely looked like a guy who wanted out.

That's not really how I remember it. I remember him getting boo'd in the first game of the season, and then balling out and getting cheered loudly in the 2nd half. I think it was against Houston, and he hit some clutch shots that game.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

pluto isn't even a planet anymore
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pluto isn't even a planet anymore

RIP Pluto
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
At this point trade Jeannie

yes trade Jeannie.

At the very least she willfully hired Magic, upending the FO management and her own brother in order to do so, ousting a Jerry West-trained GM in Mitch Kupchak with 20+ years of experience and *at least* 5 rings.

Magic was clearly clueless that the Pelicans weren't actually negotiating with him or that they were faxing his offers directly out to reporters right after they got them. Yet he was still all-in, upping the ante till it was so many players the Pelicans didn't even have room on their roster and so many 1st round picks the league wouldn't even allow it. All for an injury prone big with somewhat spastic body control who can't shoot 3's.

It's kind of hilarious that after two weeks of absurd ****-show, with every Laker fan either praying the deal wouldn't happen or figuring that any kind of change would be an improvement, Magic-Jeannie-Pelinka then get all angry A. that the Pelicans aren't "negotiating in good faith" with the Lakers LoL, and B. that the press is "leaking" reports to the media.

Jeeezus if this gets like 6 degrees worse I'm gonna have to turn in my Laker card at least until the team is sold to a mega conglomerate or whatever. The Lakers ownership and FO clearly doesn't know what they're doing (looking back they would have done vastly better if they had adopted a Costanza strategy on every decision, except signing Lebron which wasn't even their decision anyway).

They also clearly don't have the juice to play in the big-leagues of the NBA anymore, they are not connected or in the big $$ boys club, despite having to shell out mega millions to every "small market" team in the league. They get deals "vetoed" by the league, they get pushed around and colluded against by Popovich and all his overrated coaching and GM'ing minions, Mark Cuban sneezes and nobody will do business with them, and the league office is like "Lakers who?"

Lebron joins the team and now he missed the playoffs... that is the harshest possible indictment.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually willing to bet that Zubac will be a better and more productive center over the next 5-10 years than Anthony Davis will be.

Magic traded essentially what could become the next Marc Gasol to Jerry West and the Clippers for less than nothing, just trash allowing the Clippers to clear roster and salary space.

Next they will go crazy to get a 30 y.o. Kemba Walker when they had a 21 year old D'Angelo Russell and spaz out trying to get an almost over the hill Jimmy Butler when they had Julius Randle, who will probably be physically dominating that guy whenever they play from here on out.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
I'm actually willing to bet that Zubac will be a better and more productive center over the next 5-10 years than Anthony Davis will be.

I'm actually willing to bet there's a lot of people who will take that bet.

Come on, Zu is a nice player but he is nowhere near AD.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

it's just tiring... I don't want to get addicted to this kind of negativity, it's like what Knicks fans do.

Living in NoCal, the past few years while the Lakers have been irrelevant I've rooted for Golden State in the playoffs because I hate most of the other teams and never had feeling for GSW one way or another. Also they wear gold and blue and have a showtime vibe.

I mean, I still feel loyal to the Lakers but that GSW/Showtime feeling of everything going right seems impossibly far off for the Lakers, and it's hard to see Magic and Pelinka running an organization like that.

If I was the Busses or the board of directors or whatever I would sell for max dollars as soon as possible because Magic is such an incredibly bad GM he is making the franchise lose value rapidly. Maybe an unconscious revenge after he got mad at Jerry for promoting Jim instead of him and then selling off his ownership stake for .25 cents on the dollar (in 2009 dollars, and before the Donald Sterling bonanza)
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
paymonM wrote:
would any CEO still have the job of running a billion dollar organization looking like this:

mind boggling.

Really ? He was the founder of the company ..... Jeannie just inherited the lakers ..... are you really comparing those 2 ?
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Sssmush wrote:

I'm actually willing to bet there's a lot of people who will take that bet.

Come on, Zu is a nice player but he is nowhere near AD.

Think it over.

Look how good Zubac played against GSW at Christmas. What did he have, eight blocked shots? He shoots like 100% from the field, and he is very underutilized.

And he's still developing, still looks like a teenager. When he was drafted he was considered a high upside project, and the one question mark was that he had knee surgery when he was 17. But he has been totally healthy and durable, and plays like a beast whenever he is given minutes and utilized at all. He is a true back to the basket center AND can do other things. Just blink and suddenly he'll be draining threes and in the All Star game, Mr Big at the Staples Center for the next 10 years wtf.

Meanwhile AD has played in, what, 40% of his teams games since coming into the league? I don't want to look up the numbers but it seems like he's out half the time. He's worse than Lonzo in that regard for ****'s sake.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
trablos wrote:
paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

Really ? He was the founder of the company ..... Jeannie just inherited the lakers ..... are you really comparing those 2 ?

That video also tanked their stock. So, not even a good example even if it applied.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Sssmush on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

LoL that is hilarious.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers front office and CEO = trainwreck.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not saying that he doesn't. I'm saying I don't think LeBron thinks he'd be in anyone's shadow in any city.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

I liked when stuff just didn't leak from the Lakers. Back then, the only person that would leak negativity about the team to the media was Jeanie.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I liked when stuff just didn't leak from the Lakers. Back then, the only person that would leak negativity about the team to the media was Jeanie.

I agree. I liked it then too. Got too many chatty individuals in the front office now.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:

Magic traded essentially what could become the next Marc Gasol to Jerry West and the Clippers for less than nothing, just trash allowing the Clippers to clear roster and salary space.

Next they will go crazy to get a 30 y.o. Kemba Walker when they had a 21 year old D'Angelo Russell and spaz out trying to get an almost over the hill Jimmy Butler when they had Julius Randle, who will probably be physically dominating that guy whenever they play from here on out.

Seriously? Did you see how badly he played against elite centers. Gobert completely intimidated him. He has soft hands and a nice touch around the rim. Will get baskets when setup by Rondo/Ball/LBJ but he is still slow footed and will be exposed the longer he plays. I hated the trade, but not even in the same zip code as AD.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Sssmush wrote:

Seriously? Did you see how badly he played against elite centers.

This is still a thing?

It was amusing when he was a Laker and people would say he couldn't do it against elite bigs, literally 2 games after he'd have done it against Anthony Davis or Cousins or something.

But now it's even more of a stretch.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

So lets see....was it a problem when her father was running around with barely legal girls who were like 1/3rd his age? And what about the wealthiest CEO in the world who went around sending dick pics to his mistress while cheating on his wife? Not a problem, right? And wasn't Prokhorov busted in France for having a bunch of hookers in his room? And wait, wasn't the CEO of Broadcom, Nicholas Henry, busted for a bunch of drug charges revolving around his sex cave/dungeon? Oh, and wait for it.....don't we have a POTUS who was the CEO of a billion dollar organization who has been paying hookers on the side while he was married? Yeah.

We live in a society that has monetized female beauty but you think we ought to shame her for having taken advantage of that? If I really dug I could find all sorts of ridiculous public behavior by male CEOs, from the merely poor judgement kinds, to, you know, pure evil, destroying the world kind of stuff. But a beautiful woman that took some artistic nudes I'm supposed to disrespect? Get back to us when you find those Jeanie hard core porn vids or something, but until then this is just a weak attempt at slut shaming. There's enough tangible stuff to knock Jeanie on in terms of her job performance, you don't need to take these kinds of shots....
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

So lets see....was it a problem when her father was running around with barely legal girls who were like 1/3rd his age? And what about the wealthiest CEO in the world who went around sending dick pics to his mistress while cheating on his wife? Not a problem, right? And wasn't Prokhorov busted in France for having a bunch of hookers in his room? And wait, wasn't the CEO of Broadcom, Nicholas Henry, busted for a bunch of drug charges revolving around his sex cave/dungeon? Oh, and wait for it.....don't we have a POTUS who was the CEO of a billion dollar organization who has been paying hookers on the side while he was married? Yeah.

We live in a society that has monetized female beauty but you think we ought to shame her for having taken advantage of that? If I really dug I could find all sorts of ridiculous public behavior by male CEOs, from the merely poor judgement kinds, to, you know, pure evil, destroying the world kind of stuff. But a beautiful woman that took some artistic nudes I'm supposed to disrespect? Get back to us when you find those Jeanie hard core porn vids or something, but until then this is just a weak attempt at slut shaming. There's enough tangible stuff to knock Jeanie on in terms of her job performance, you don't need to take these kinds of shots....

This is a mic drop moment
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: