Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

Trade Lebron for the #1 pick, throw in Kuzma too!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

Puker is absolutely the worst of the worst. Total fake news....Just like Kobe would play in Mars before playing for the Lakers...and went on to win 2 more championships. Nice try Puke...keep puking more germs.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
would any CEO still have the job of running a billion dollar organization looking like this:

https://twitter.com/jeaniebuss?lang=en

mind boggling.

White. Male. Sports. Privilege.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
If this is true, it doesn't really sound like she was actually going to trade him. Basically, it was "Your guy isn't above the organization so stop (bleep) around or we will show he isn't above the organization."

I can respect it. It was a power move.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
paymonM wrote:
would any CEO still have the job of running a billion dollar organization looking like this:

mind boggling.

White. Male. Sports. Privilege.

Wow...talk about unprofessional...Unreal
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

Its 2019 not 1950

I don't care so much about the photo. That doesn't bother me at all.

But it is a little weird, and, frankly, paymonM has a point, because in some of the tweets, Jeannie is clearly flirting with people. For instance, the one where she told Rob Perez that last night she had a dream they got married, with a follow-up text (even worse, IMO) where she said she meant to send that as a text.

Flip it around and that would be toxic masculinity.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

Trade your only All Star level player?

Toughen up Jeannie, maybe take a page from your late father and let the basketball people make the basketball decisions as you are 0 for the playoffs as an owner.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Nobody is bigger than the team. Especially the most historic franchise in the NBA. This is how it should be.

I mean if we are being real. We had Paul George all but locked up until word got out that Lebron was going to the Lakers. If the timelines don't meet up and there is pressure to make bad deals or signings to appease to Lebron's closing window, then yeah its best to move on. Especially if he is deterring free agents. I know it would probably tank his image if he was traded but at the end of the day its a business. If the Clippers don't want him, then yeah trade him to Houston.

I'm pretty confident in Magic if we can just get a meeting with Leonard though.

kwase wrote:
Jeannie made sure this got out because she's probably sick and tired of lebron making back door deals, leaking things through his "camp" and walking around like he owns the team. This was probably a way to let lebron know that if he keeps it up she's going to go above Magic's head and trade him. I've got no issue with this, Pat Riley had to check lebron too and it was leaked as well.

I can see it now... If he do request a trade cause of this, I see you guys spinning this whole story and probably will say how he quit on the team. It never fails.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

The Lakers traded Shaq and he brought three straight titles to the Lakers.

The fact is, Lebron James has done nothing for this franchise and the Lakers owe him nothing.

If trading him is in the best interest of the franchise, they are justified in doing so.

Too many people appear to have a belief that Lebron is greater than the Laker franchise and he's not.

If Jeanie leaked this to put him and his camp in their place then I applaud her.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:
Nobody is bigger than the team. Especially the most historic franchise in the NBA. This is how it should be.

I mean if we are being real. We had Paul George all but locked up until word got out that Lebron was going to the Lakers. If the timelines don't meet up and there is pressure to make bad deals or signings to appease to Lebron's closing window, then yeah its best to move on. Especially if he is deterring free agents. I know it would probably tank his image if he was traded but at the end of the day its a business. If the Clippers don't want him, then yeah trade him to Houston.

I'm pretty confident in Magic if we can just get a meeting with Leonard though.

kwase wrote:
Jeannie made sure this got out because she's probably sick and tired of lebron making back door deals, leaking things through his "camp" and walking around like he owns the team. This was probably a way to let lebron know that if he keeps it up she's going to go above Magic's head and trade him. I've got no issue with this, Pat Riley had to check lebron too and it was leaked as well.

I can see it now... If he do request a trade cause of this, I see you guys spinning this whole story and probably will say how he quit on the team. It never fails.
I mean if we are being real he has already quit on this team. He was trying when we had an easy schedule and Kuzma/Hart were playing extremely well. But once the injury and schedule difficulty changed he tried to get AD with his boy Magic and it failed. He’s been a shaqtin a fool defense montage ever since.

But if he does request a trade, I certainly won’t bash him for wanting out early. Lakers fans would probably host a massive parade. Though the event would actually be legit. Not like Lebron when he first signed and hoodwinked hundreds of fans into going to a restaurant.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

Its 2019 not 1950

"CEO, co-owner LA Lakers - I don't write about bball just the things that go on around Lakers world. Do Not contact me for free tickets or questions re. 🏀"

At least she admits she doesn't know anything about basketball. She needs to lay off the basketball operations related decisions.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Buss blamed the media for making the rumors public

that does not even make sense?

The Trump era

Best comment in the thread.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Trade your only All Star level player?

Toughen up Jeannie, maybe take a page from your late father and let the basketball people make the basketball decisions as you are 0 for the playoffs as an owner.

That is an ever shifting bit of revisionism..

Either Dr. Buss was hands-off-leave-it-to-the=professionals, or

He refused to close the purchase of the Lakers until they drafted Magic, he stopped the Worthy-for-Aguirre-and-Tarpley deal, he decided to trade Shaq rather than extend him, he negotiated the Pau Gasol deal directly with the Grizzlies owner, etc.

The Lakers were Dr. Buss' principal asset. He was hands on for most of his tenure. When he went into semi-retirement (2004-07), the team went down the crapper and he had to come out of retirement to right the ship (that was being driven by his son).

No owner with a lick of sense leaves their business entirely in the hands of management - it's YOUR asset, not theirs. When you don't maintain an active part in the big decisions, you invariably get screwed, even with Harvard MBAs and Yale-trained lawyers in top management.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar trusted his highly recommended business manager with his full power of attorney - and was robbed of his life savings, with no recourse . . .
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

mind boggling.

True story...

I almost got in trouble with the wifey when i was looking at Jeanie's page. She thought Jeanie was one of those fake hooker girls you find on social media trying to get friends. Had to explain to her she's the owner of the Lakers and I was just reading Lakers related tweets.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Puker is absolutely the worst of the worst. Total fake news....Just like Kobe would play in Mars before playing for the Lakers...and went on to win 2 more championships. Nice try Puke...keep puking more germs.

Well, actually Kobe said that on the radio, and it was Pluto, not Mars. Bucher was the guy who was betting his house on it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Well, actually Kobe said that on the radio, and it was Pluto, not Mars. Bucher was the guy who was betting his house on it.

Kobe went on a 2 hour media tour. He was pretty quiet the rest of the offseason. But Bucher kept repeating all summer that Kobe had played his last game as a Laker and "would never wear a Laker jersey again". Training camp rolled around and Kobe was there.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
The Lakers traded Shaq and he brought three straight titles to the Lakers.

The fact is, Lebron James has done nothing for this franchise and the Lakers owe him nothing.

If trading him is in the best interest of the franchise, they are justified in doing so.

Too many people appear to have a belief that Lebron is greater than the Laker franchise and he's not.

If Jeanie leaked this to put him and his camp in their place then I applaud her.

I don't have a problem with trading LeBron if it's a justifiable move to improve the long-term direction of the franchise. But I wouldn't support it if it as an emotion driven reaction. I'm not sure how much I believe this story. But the fact that it wouldn't surprise me if it were true says something, imo.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Kobe went on a 2 hour media tour. He was pretty quiet the rest of the offseason. But Bucher kept repeating all summer that Kobe had played his last game as a Laker and "would never wear a Laker jersey again". Training camp rolled around and Kobe was there.

To be fair, Kobe looked pretty checked out in preseason and the early portion of the 2007 season. I actually think Bucher was reporting things Kobe was telling him directly. Of course, Kobe didn't have control over whether or not he was traded to Pluto.
svettarsalo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wants to play with him. Neither superstars, nor young talents. So trade him, trade him as soon as possible.

We don't have to put up with him. He's not gonna lead us to success.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:

To be fair, Kobe looked pretty checked out in preseason and the early portion of the 2007 season. I actually think Bucher was reporting things Kobe was telling him directly. Of course, Kobe didn't have control over whether or not he was traded to Pluto.

Nah, Kobe was playing good team ball to start the season, we were like 6th or 7th seed (22-11) with Bynum flourishing, then Bynum blew out his knee. Team stuggled for a few weeks then the Gasol trade went down. The rest is history.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Playing in Kobe's shadow was always going to be difficult for the first max FA to come.

DROZ didn't want that challenge. I'm thankful that LBJ took that first leap without another max FA. Has it worked out like I wanted to? Of course not. But I can still appreciate the fact he took the plunge.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

No way in hell they would ever trade LBJ. They don't have the courage to do something like that.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I said it from the start... LeBron was a mistake.

Again... Jeannie is going to clean house this Summer. No way in the world will she continue to allow Magic and Pelinka to allow LeBron and Klutch to speak for and control the Lakers.

I am EXTREMELY happy to hear this.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
KBH wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Nah, Kobe was playing good team ball to start the season, we were like 6th or 7th seed (22-11) with Bynum flourishing, then Bynum blew out his knee. Team stuggled for a few weeks then the Gasol trade went down. The rest is history.

I'm talking about preseason and the first few games of the season. Kobe locked back in fairly early and was fully invested by Christmas when it was clear we were better and Bynum was showing real signs. But in early-to-mid November, he definitely looked like a guy who wanted out.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Playing in Kobe's shadow was always going to be difficult for the first max FA to come.

DROZ didn't want that challenge. I'm thankful that LBJ took that first leap without another max FA. Has it worked out like I wanted to? Of course not. But I can still appreciate the fact he took the plunge.

I'm sure LeBron doesn't consider it being in Kobe's shadow anyway, though. He said he was the GOAT recently. lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: