Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Jeanie Buss Considered Trading Lebron James because of Anthony Davis Saga

Quote:
The subject of moving James, however, was contemplated by the Lakers, a team source said, weeks before [ESPN analyst Jeff] Van Gundy aired it. When rumors engulfed the team at the February trade deadline that it was willing to trade anyone other than James to acquire All-Star forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans, James’ agent, Rich Paul, was widely accused of spreading those rumors because Davis is also one of his clients. Paul denied to B/R that he leaked the Lakers’ interest in Davis, but [Lakers owner Jeanie] Buss suspected otherwise and was furious. The idea of terminating the franchise’s relationship with Paul by moving James at least crossed Buss’ mind, the team source said, and Paul was made aware of that. That prompted Paul to reach out to Buss to clear the air, and whatever ill will existed supposedly dissipated. At the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference a few weeks later, Buss blamed the media for making the rumors public.

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2019/03/14/jeanie-buss-trade-lebron-james-anthony-davis/

Last edited by Outspoken on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

Ric Bucher is probably the worst source one can reference. He's been known to pull sh*t out of thin air for quite some time. I would take this with a huge grain of salt.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

we traded an old Shaq, i am fine trading old lebron.

but we dont have young kobe on the roster
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Buss blamed the media for making the rumors public

that does not even make sense?
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Jeanie should blame herself for this circus that is Magic Johnson. lol.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

Does she expect them not to report the leaks they are receiving? It’s literally their job.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:

Doesn't it though? I mean if not for the media, the rumors would just be, ummm, whispered in people's ears?

In any event, taken with a grain of salt or whatever, and we can argue about trading Lebron, but if this is true and it even got to that point, this is such a bad, bad, bad look for Jeanie. Make it 50 something games into your first season with him and you're thinking about taking offers for Lebron?

At this point I'm going to be utterly not surprised if Lebron asks to move to the Clippers. And West would probably get an unprotected first out of us too....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Fire them all and time to sell.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Stop these leaks, this, the Magic 'babies' comment, the 'back to forum'... who is this leaker!!! all of them makes Lakers look weak
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

At this point trade Jeannie
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

I'm more critical of Jeanie than a lot of other people around here, but you'd have to REALLY hate her to believe this nonsense.

Jeanie has been wanting another star in L.A. since before Kobe retired. Now we're supposed to believe that she was willing to trade arguably the second biggest star in the history of the league over some stupid trade rumors? The whole AD trade saga pales in comparison to the drama during the Shaq/Kobe years.

One thing I know for sure is that there's a snake in the Lakers organization that needs to be dealt with.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

If this is true, it doesn't really sound like she was actually going to trade him. Basically, it was "Your guy isn't above the organization so stop (bleep) around or we will show he isn't above the organization."

I can respect it. It was a power move.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Quote:

Does she expect them not to report the leaks they are receiving? It’s literally their job.

Yeah, I do not know unless it is just incorrectly worded or something. Jeanie is like "I do not know where these leaks are coming from, the only person I told was that young lady at the LA Times....I hope she is not the leak"
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
I'm more critical of Jeanie than a lot of other people around here, but you'd have to REALLY hate her to believe this nonsense.

Jeanie has been wanting another star in L.A. since before Kobe retired. Now we're supposed to believe that she was willing to trade arguably the second biggest star in the history of the league over some stupid trade rumors? The whole AD trade saga pales in comparison to the drama during the Shaq/Kobe years.

One thing I know for sure is that there's a snake in the Lakers organization that needs to be dealt with.

I thought he retired.

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:

I thought he retired.

Good one
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:

Time to cut ties? With Magic and Rob? Realistically I think she is gonna see if things change, because from what I been reading, she seems pretty fed up. Rob might have to go immediately though. How you have a GM nobody from another team wants to talk to?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Time to cut ties? With Magic and Rob? Realistically I think she is gonna see if things change, because from what I been reading, she seems pretty fed up. Rob might have to go immediately though. How you have a GM nobody from another team wants to talk to?

Just bring in someone that has the experience in basketball operations for Pete's sake. Stop hiring people just because they're linked to the Lakers family.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

This sounds like Jeanie and her crew trying to spin things to make it sound like she is in control and that she has no responsibility for the Davis debacle. I can't say that I'm impressed.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

Just bring in someone that has the experience in basketball operations for Pete's sake. Stop hiring people just because they're linked to the Lakers family.

That's how I feel.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This sounds like Jeanie and her crew trying to spin things to make it sound like she is in control and that she has no responsibility for the Davis debacle. I can't say that I'm impressed.

I honestly don't think she had anything to do with it. This seems to have Magic written all over it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PhiberOptik wrote:

For how many years have we been saying this?

Seems like whether it's Dr. Buss, or Jim, or Jeannie, they always look in-house.

Time for innovation folks. But not sure you'll ever get that from a Buss.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie wanted to clear the air with Rich Paul, but no way do I believe she was ready to trade LeBron. That would be a PR disaster of epic proportions for the Lakers, and would further set back the franchise.

Jeanie, and her choices to run the team, Magic and Pelinka, need to make this work, big time. Jeanie and Magic don't have anybody else to blame, there aren't any scapegoats left to be sacrificed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

If Jeannie refers to Ballmer in e-mails as BALLZ or BALLS, what does she call Magic and Rob?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Do they now keep the young core?
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

If Pelinka gets thrown in the bushes the Lakers should go after David Griffin, though it wont matter who they hire is Magic doesn't allow the GM to do their job.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: