Your top 10 favorite Lakers of all time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

1. Kobe

2. Ingram
3. Mehh who cares
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
1. S H A Q
2. Lebron
3. Pau
4. BI
5. Fish
6. Odom
7. Artest
8. Horry
9. Zubac
10. JR

This list makes no sense
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Kobe
Lamar
Eddie
Sasha
Magic
Laron profit
Caron
Horry
Coop
Ariza

Remember Profit as Kobe's doppelganger? There were certain plays like when he dunked w/ two hands that made you think it was Kobe until you realized it was Profit.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Who are my 5 favourite Lakers of all time? Think about it.

1. Kobe
2. Kobe
3. Kobe
4. Kobe
5. Kobe

Because he spits hot fire.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

No, but seriously. Started watching in 1996/97 so I won't comment on players of old, beacuse I didn't see them play (other than archive footage).

Kobe
Fish
Fox
Madsen (sheerly because of this:
, this
and this
)
Shaq
Odom
Pau
Artest
Turiaf
Ariza

Looking at that list, old footage and whatnot really made me realize just how much the past 5-6 season sucked ass.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

James Worthy
Eddie Jones
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Michael Cooper
Shaq
Byron Scott
Lamar Odom
Nick Van Excel
Robert Horry
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
NPZ (and all you old people), what was the atmosphere when Magic came back in 1996? I was just a kid but I remember my older brother (who made me a Lakers fan) going absolutely crazy about it. I might still have the VHS of that game here.

Initially it was awesome and it was all smiles from everyone. I got the 11/8/91 game at PHX where Rambis delivered what sounded like a eulogy, with Scott crying full tears in the lineup. Sh, the cam panned in on Bird the same night and you could tell he was in thought of it because his chin started quivering and he bit his lip a bit. Larry Bird was holding back tears in the bleep Boston Garden, yo.

I knew Earv would essentially be himself, wasn't worried at all. He delivered on cue as legends do. I saw the 92/3 preseason and the 92 Olympics and knew he was still excellent. If he didn't get HIV, he would've had all those years of high level play. Malone, that SOB, got him to re-retire out of what I disclaim as ignorance/fear. I think he didn't wanna contend with the Lakers again.

Earv was rustier and much heavier than he was in 92. Little cramps, strains, and sprains kept him out of various games. Some nights it looked like he was in 86 and others were frustrating for him. He has a game in Miami vs Riles and he does 27/9/9 on queue. Looked like he never left the sport. He had a hard time with the refs, who weren't giving him everything he got in the old days. You know that he bumped into Scott Foster, but he was screaming at refs a lot during that whole stint. Embarrassing thing for Earv was that he had just shook his head publicly at Van Exel for shoving Ron Garretson, Jr and a few days later he does something vaguely similar.

You'll hear a lot of boosha about Magic destroying the team. That is such a crock. It was Jones, Nick, and Ced who convinced his ass to return in the first place. That was never mentioned by the media. It's the most juicy/scandalous headline for the media rather than the Lakers having bratty Gen X players. Slackers. And before he got there, the media had no problem calling the same players brats. It wasn't Magic's fault that Van Exel was a hothead or that Ced was a flake. I've read so many times that Ced went to Havasu because of his minutes even tho Ced himself(!) has said twice that it had to do with personal issues, nothing team related. He said it in 96 and he said the same thing 20 years later. Magic actually helped rejuvenate the team that wasn't playing to the standards of 95. They were mildly disappointing to start the season and teams suddenly took them seriously. They were only 24-18 before he returned and went 29-11 after his return. How's that destroying the team? GTFO, media. They beat down Orlando who were riding a 40 gm home streak. They petered out in the 1st Round, but they were only facing the 2 time champs. In the only game they won, Magic's play was instrumental. Series was Olajuwon and Drexler/Horry. Same fate that befell 8 straight teams before them, some of them much better than the 96 Lakers. Vlade got worked over good by Hakeem, btw. Had him turning every which-a-way with pump fakes and ball fakes and pivots.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:

, this
and this
)

How bout this?

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Eddie Jones and NVE have to be the most beloved Lakers to play the fewest amount of seasons with the franchise. And they didn't even win anything.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
danzag wrote:
NPZ (and all you old people), what was the atmosphere when Magic came back in 1996? I was just a kid but I remember my older brother (who made me a Lakers fan) going absolutely crazy about it. I might still have the VHS of that game here.

Initially it was awesome and it was all smiles from everyone. I got the 11/8/91 game at PHX where Rambis delivered what sounded like a eulogy, with Scott crying full tears in the lineup. Sh, the cam panned in on Bird the same night and you could tell he was in thought of it because his chin started quivering and he bit his lip a bit. Larry Bird was holding back tears in the bleep Boston Garden, yo.

I knew Earv would essentially be himself, wasn't worried at all. He delivered on cue as legends do. I saw the 92/3 preseason and the 92 Olympics and knew he was still excellent. If he didn't get HIV, he would've had all those years of high level play. Malone, that SOB, got him to re-retire out of what I disclaim as ignorance/fear. I think he didn't wanna contend with the Lakers again.

Earv was rustier and much heavier than he was in 92. Little cramps, strains, and sprains kept him out of various games. Some nights it looked like he was in 86 and others were frustrating for him. He has a game in Miami vs Riles and he does 27/9/9 on queue. Looked like he never left the sport. He had a hard time with the refs, who weren't giving him everything he got in the old days. You know that he bumped into Scott Foster, but he was screaming at refs a lot during that whole stint. Embarrassing thing for Earv was that he had just shook his head publicly at Van Exel for shoving Ron Garretson, Jr and a few days later he does something vaguely similar.

You'll hear a lot of boosha about Magic destroying the team. That is such a crock. It was Jones, Nick, and Ced who convinced his ass to return in the first place. That was never mentioned by the media. It's the most juicy/scandalous headline for the media rather than the Lakers having bratty Gen X players. Slackers. And before he got there, the media had no problem calling the same players brats. It wasn't Magic's fault that Van Exel was a hothead or that Ced was a flake. I've read so many times that Ced went to Havasu because of his minutes even tho Ced himself(!) has said twice that it had to do with personal issues, nothing team related. He said it in 96 and he said the same thing 20 years later. Magic actually helped rejuvenate the team that wasn't playing to the standards of 95. They were mildly disappointing to start the season and teams suddenly took them seriously. They were only 24-18 before he returned and went 29-11 after his return. How's that destroying the team? GTFO, media. They beat down Orlando who were riding a 40 gm home streak. They petered out in the 1st Round, but they were only facing the 2 time champs. In the only game they won, Magic's play was instrumental. Series was Olajuwon and Drexler/Horry. Same fate that befell 8 straight teams before them, some of them much better than the 96 Lakers. Vlade got worked over good by Hakeem, btw. Had him turning every which-a-way with pump fakes and ball fakes and pivots.

Great stuff. Thank you
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Nobody wrote:

, this
and this
)

How bout this?

So many good memories across those videos.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Eddie Jones and NVE have to be the most beloved Lakers to play the fewest amount of seasons with the franchise. And they didn't even win anything.

They didn't win rings but they were leaders on some very good teams with Shaq before Kobe came into his own. Eddie Jones was my favorite Laker at one point in the 90s. Had his Jordan Brand sneakers which looked and felt great to ball in. He was a great defender, great shooter, and could throw down some nice dunks. NVE was electrifying to watch as well. Both made the all star team.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

Most underrated Laker ever. 3-Peat Finals MVP Winner. Kobe gets all the credit. If Shaq did that for the Knicks, they (media and fans) would have him in the GOAT conversation.

Lin is small font is funny.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

1) Kobe
2) Kareem
3) Magic
4) Shaq
5) Worthy
6) Pau
7) Horry
8) D-Fish
9) Coop
10) Kuz

So many great players and probably forgetting some. I have closer ties to the shaq/kobe era and current era.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

Most underrated Laker ever. 3-Peat Finals MVP Winner. Kobe gets all the credit. If Shaq did that for the Knicks, they (media and fans) would have him in the GOAT conversation.

Shaq isn't underrated. The reason he isn't more beloved by fans is because of his laziness. He even admitted to that. Kobe, after the 1st title, was actually the most important player. He averaged more PPG in 2001 & 2002 playoffs (rd 1-3) than Shaq while setting up the offense and playing lockdown D. He was MJ & Pippen for those 3peat teams
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Who are my 5 favourite Lakers of all time? Think about it.

1. Kobe
2. Kobe
3. Kobe
4. Kobe
5. Kobe

Because he spits hot fire.

Dude wants to be on the receiving end of 5 Kobe Supersoakers. 💦💦💦💦💦
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

Shaq isn't underrated. The reason he isn't more beloved by fans is because of his laziness. He even admitted to that. Kobe, after the 1st title, was actually the most important player. He averaged more PPG in 2001 & 2002 playoffs (rd 1-3) than Shaq while setting up the offense and playing lockdown D. He was MJ & Pippen for those 3peat teams

Shaq was the most dominant player in the game once Jordan retired. What more do fans want?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

They didn't win rings but they were leaders on some very good teams with Shaq before Kobe came into his own. Eddie Jones was my favorite Laker at one point in the 90s. Had his Jordan Brand sneakers which looked and felt great to ball in. He was a great defender, great shooter, and could throw down some nice dunks. NVE was electrifying to watch as well. Both made the all star team.

Those were fun teams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Where is "Cap Space?"
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

Shaq was the most dominant player in the game once Jordan retired. What more do fans want?

He could have been by far the GOAT if he had a decent work ethic and took care of himself. Dude admitted last year in that interview with Kobe that he was satisfied after the 1st title and knew Kobe would bail him out. We could have won 5-6 in a row if Shaq wasn't a lazy POS.

Some Shaq quotes that rubbed fans the wrong way:

"Since I suffered the injury on company time, why shouldn't I be able to get surgery and do recovery on company time?"- After Toe surgery in the middle of season

"PAY ME MOTHER (bleep)"- Towards Jerry Buss in the stands
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Magic (the player, not coach, GM, or talk show host)
Kareem
Shaq
West
Kobe
Nick the Quick
Eddie
Gasol
Horry
Non-player special mentions: Jerry Buss and Chick Hearn.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

He could have been by far the GOAT if he had a decent work ethic and took care of himself. Dude admitted last year in that interview with Kobe that he was satisfied after the 1st title and knew Kobe would bail him out. We could have won 5-6 in a row if Shaq wasn't a lazy POS.

"Since I suffered the injury on company time, why shouldn't I be able to get surgery and do recovery on company time?"- After Toe surgery in the middle of season

Shaq was one of my favorite Lakers, but he definitely was an ass at times.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
Shaq
Lin

Shaq was one of my favorite Lakers, but he definitely was an ass at times.

Well, could you tell me how it...never mind.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:

What about San Manuel Indian Bingo & CaSEENO spokesperson?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
richsmith wrote:

What about San Manuel Indian Bingo & CaSEENO spokesperson?

That's the best Magic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: