Mass shooting at New Zealand Mosque
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

That same society allows a need for home protection. I'm from the school of banning weapons made for war. Who needs a Uzi, Ar-15 and such?

Jim Sullivan, the creator of the AR 15, was on HBO Real Sports about a year or so ago. He said if you told him 60 years ago when he was designing it (purely as a war weapon) that it would be proliferated to the general public, he wouldn't have believed it. Gun nuts quibble about people who claim it's a machine gun because it looks like one. It is not by definition a machine gun. Machine guns have full automatic capability, continuous fire as was achieved by the white Las Vegas killer with a bump stock. The problem is that the AR15 on one shot mode still blups up anything that moves. They act like having to pull the trigger for each shot lessens its killing effects. Maybe in a war setting it does, but these aren't war settings.

Sullivan has since quibbled about being misrepresented through omission of certain statements that he made in order to craft a more compelling story. However, he did say that the AR15 (a semi-auto weapon) was just as deadly as the military M16 when both were firing on single shot mode (semi-auto). He also explained the effect of the smaller cartridge they created for the AR15. It creates a huge wound cavity when it enters and it tumbles throughout the body. He said the reports they got from the field for the 5.56 round were exemplary -- enemies who were hit by it didn't get up, and he said there was a report of an enemy who died after being hit in the ankle due to blood loss. That's what's out on the street. When you see a slo-mo of that round hitting a block of ballistic jelly, your mouth will drop. It damn near blows up from the expansion. Cavitation in a human body is huge and it tumbles through the body to ensure a quick elimination of an enemy (thus for the safety of the US guy).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy but as a young man who admired what Arnold Schwarzenegger had done as a bodybuilder I absolutely Hated when Bush appointed him

Quote:
Schwarzenegger's first political appointment was as chairman of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, on which he served from 1990 to 1993.[10] He was nominated by George H. W. Bush, who dubbed him "Conan the Republican". He later served as chairman for the California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports under Governor Pete Wilson.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger#Political_career

This was a man whose main skill in acting was to carry heavy machine guns and look cool while shooting (bleep)

Wrong impression for children imho. Showed them how cool it was to carry big guns like that and I have always faulted hollywood for normalizing violence
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Do you think Russian Trolls would use this event to promote more hatred towards Islam/Muslims/Arabs et al?

Comments seen on news websites in support of violence against immigrants is very disheartening.

Are many of those comments from actual paid trolls with an agenda or just horrible human beings?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Proving that America doesn't have the market completely cornered when it comes to extreme right wing whackadoodles:

Quote:
A teenage boy cracked an egg on the head of a far-right Australian politician as he spoke to reporters in Melbourne on Saturday. In the footage, Queensland Sen. Fraser Anning is shown immediately turning and striking the boy in the face before taking another swing.

Anning was giving an interview to News 7 Sydney when the boy smashed the egg on the side of his head. After Anning threw the two punches, the two were separated and the boy was tackled to the ground by other men. Victoria Police said they arrested the boy but later released him without charge.

Anning was heavily criticized Friday after he blamed Muslim immigration for the terror attack at two mosques in New Zealand that left 49 people dead.

Quote:
"The real cause of the bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place,"

Many praised the teen on Twitter, giving him the nickname "Egg Boy."

"We thank you greatly for your bravery because you've done more than what the Australian government has done about racist senator Anning, bless your soul," one user wrote.

Warped Doofus Get's Egg on His Face
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

A gunman has opened fire inside a tram and at several other locations in the Dutch city of Utrecht, authorities say.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47611811
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
A gunman has opened fire inside a tram and at several other locations in the Dutch city of Utrecht, authorities say.

3 dead so far. Police just released a picture of the suspect, a Turkish-born 37-year old man, still at large.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

3 dead so far. Police just released a picture of the suspect, a Turkish-born 37-year old man, still at large.

Was reading through their recent terror investigations arrests..

In approximately the last 6 months 3 major attacks stopped.. why do humans want to hurt other humans.. life is hard enough as it is.. sheesh
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not familiar with the true teachings of the Muslim religion. I'm not sure many here in the forum are. I've never read The Qur'an. How many in the forum have? It's time to stop hating a religion we have no understanding of.

I am muslim and read the Qur'an everyday. Feel free to comment or shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions. I appreciate your comment.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

this is just using religion as a reason for hate...98% of the shots were into dead bodies..a real warrior for his white nationalist hate

We really need to look deeply at the people spreading the hate ...trump putin netanyahu erdogan mbs and the people that support/enable people like this
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
this is just using religion as a reason for hate...98% of the shots were into dead bodies..a real warrior for his white nationalist hate

We really need to look deeply at the people spreading the hate ...trump putin netanyahu erdogan mbs and the people that support/enable people like this

^^this^^

Hate is not a religion
There is no such thing as a Terrorist attack in the name of God

Not possible unless you are talking about earthquakes and hurricanes etc
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm not familiar with the true teachings of the Muslim religion. I'm not sure many here in the forum are. I've never read The Qur'an. How many in the forum have? It's time to stop hating a religion we have no understanding of.

I am muslim and read the Qur'an everyday. Feel free to comment or shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions. I appreciate your comment.

I will. I've downloaded the Qur'an. I started to listen today. As a minority I understand the misunderstanding.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
jodeke wrote:

As an atheist, I find all religions whackadoodle, but I would gladly fight for your right to practice yours and to not have it singled out as any worse than the rest.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

all im gonna say is im gonna start carrying to protect my family. im not pro guns, even after watching despise the second amendment more. but these terrorist acts are becoming to frequent and often. if there are people out there who are targeting children and other peaceful people, im not gonna run to a corner and become another stat, gonna shoot back.

I just saw the video too. And I'm trying my best to make it through his manifesto. But it is a tough read.

Not surprised in the LEAST that the shooter referenced Pewdiepie.
For months now, I've been telling anybody who will listen. Pewdiepie is pushing some alt-right BS that is VERY effective on white men 15-30. And the fact it's covert makes it all the more dangerous.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

'member that coast guard guy from last month? This guy plays for the same team.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
International terrorism?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
International terrorism?

right-wing white nationals ...
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
International terrorism?

yes and yes
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

all im gonna say is im gonna start carrying to protect my family. im not pro guns, even after watching despise the second amendment more. but these terrorist acts are becoming to frequent and often. if there are people out there who are targeting children and other peaceful people, im not gonna run to a corner and become another stat, gonna shoot back.

I just saw the video too. And I'm trying my best to make it through his manifesto. But it is a tough read.

For months now, I've been telling anybody who will listen. Pewdiepie is pushing some alt-right BS that is VERY effective on white men 15-30. And the fact it's covert makes it all the more dangerous.

how long was the vid that you saw?

Haven't started the manifesto yet...have to take my hate in doses
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

the livestream video is 16+ minutes

would strongly recommend staying away from it. Don't seek it out. It's something you will never unsee.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

the livestream video is 16+ minutes

would strongly recommend staying away from it. Don't seek it out. It's something you will never unsee.

I've seen it...I was looking for the 'take down' from his pov but the vid ends on the way to the second mosque
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
International terrorism?

yes and yes

Quote:

Denizcan Grimes
@MrFilmkritik
The mail bomber mentioned Trump.
The Synagogue shooter mentioned Trump.
The Coast guard white supremacist mentioned Trump.
The New Zealand terrorist mentioned Trump.

It's almost as if there's some sort of pattern.

3:56 PM - Mar 16, 2019

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
International terrorism?

yes and yes

Quote:

Denizcan Grimes
@MrFilmkritik

I think he needed impeached long ago. First killing he was responsible for were the two Iranians in a bar.. ahem .. I mean Indians...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspect-nyc-mafia-boss-killing-has-pro-trump-slogans-written-n984611
Quote:
March 18, 2019, 4:38 PM MDT
By Tim Stelloh

The man suspected of gunning down a New York City mob boss appeared in court Monday with the phrases "MAGA Forever" and "United We Stand MAGA" scrawled across his left hand.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

Can you explain the Pewdiepie thing? I know he's a famous youtuber, but what are his videos about? I thought he was just another one of those useless youtube guys that vlogs and pulls pranks, didn't know the dude was spreading hate.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
International terrorism?

yes and yes

Quote:

Denizcan Grimes
@MrFilmkritik

And...he might get re-elected. Crazy times.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

Can you explain the Pewdiepie thing? I know he's a famous youtuber, but what are his videos about? I thought he was just another one of those useless youtube guys that vlogs and pulls pranks, didn't know the dude was spreading hate.

he's a borderline right-wing apologist and a racist ...fits right in with that crowd...

Why Did the Christchurch Shooter Name-Drop YouTube Phenom PewDiePie?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/pewdie-pie-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-youtube-808633/

Quote:
Who is PewDiePie, and where does “subscribe to PewDiePie” come from?
Born Felix Kjellberg, PewDiePie is a 29-year-old Swedish YouTuber with almost 90 million subscribers. He is primarily known for his relatively innocuous meme and video game commentary videos, though he “has flirted with if not endorsed the alt-right neo-Nazi movement and antisemitism,” says Evan Balgord, the executive director of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network. As recently as last December, he came under fire for endorsing YouTuber E;R, whose channel featured videos of unedited Adolf Hitler speeches and a gag poking fun at the death of Charlottesville protester Heather Heyer. As a result of the exposure from PewDiePie, E;R gained 15,000 subscribers, leading many to accuse PewDiePie of “flirting with alt-right culture and sending a dangerous message to his millions of followers, many of whom are teenagers,” as Vox’s Aja Romano put it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: