LG March Madness 2019!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Despite the refs pro-Virginia gaffes, I thought it was a fantastic tournament.

I found myself pulling hard for Texas Tech for some reason, really a fan of Chris Beard and what he is doing there.

The NCAA Tournament to me is right there with the Masters as one of America's greatest annual sporting events.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Pro Virginia refs. Y’all too much. 😂
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Freakofnature wins the LG bracket challenge with 97 points, 43 correct picks and picked Virginia to win the NCAA championship.

Thank you "lakersken80".....

I actually had Duke winning it all! I had Virginia in the final 2, but Duke beating Virginia in the final game!

You're right, I only briefly glanced at the bracket.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

I guess that's a wrap.....Congrats to FreakofNature for winning the 2019 LG March Madness Bracket Challenge....and thanks to everyone that participated.

I saw this morning the Virginia is the Vegas favorite to repeat in 2020.....never too early to start thinking about that next bracket!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

^
They had a dream run and a lucky run. You do need some luck to win, but they had it in spades. They never faced a team higher than a 3 seed all tournament, and they were in serious danger of losing each of their last 4 games. Especially the last 3. They had a prayer answered against Purdue at the end of regulation, an absolute miracle occurred in the final 7 seconds of the win against Auburn, and they were lucky to get past Texas Tech in OT, needing a 3-pointer to tie on their final possession and getting yet another highly controversial call to go their way late in the OT, when they were only up by 2.

I'm not saying they weren't a quality college team this year. They were. They just had fantastic fortune in this tournament.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
They had a dream run and a lucky run. You do need some luck to win, but they had it in spades. They never faced a team higher than a 3 seed all tournament, and they were in serious danger of losing each of their last 4 games. Especially the last 3. They had a prayer answered against Purdue at the end of regulation, an absolute miracle occurred in the final 7 seconds of the win against Auburn, and they were lucky to get past Texas Tech in OT, needing a 3-pointer to tie on their final possession and getting yet another highly controversial call to go their way late in the OT, when they were only up by 2.

I'm not saying they weren't a quality college team this year. They were. They just had fantastic fortune in this tournament.

That's the way it goes. From 2015-2018, Villanova lost in the 2nd round (#1 seed), won title (#2 seed), lost in the 2nd round (#1 seed), and won a title (#1 seed) in 4 consecutive years. The margin between victory and defeat is that slim.

I will say, I will not be picking Virginia to make the Final Four next year.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
I don't know who will win, but after this title game, everyone is going to be complaining that college basketball is a bad product, boring, broken, etc. and the discussion will be how do we improve college basketball.

Go Texas Tech.

why do you think that? I thought everyone has been talking about how great the games have been since the Elite 8.

Because of the slow pace and lack of scoring. It's two elite defensive teams who play at a snails pace and it's going to be first to 40 wins. Just a guess.

I think it depends on what you like.

Pro basketball is great to me....in the playoffs. The regular season is just too long and ultimately it becomes a bad product way too often in my opinion as the players exert little to no defensive effort.

The NCAA Tournament is guys going all out on both ends the whole game for the most part. When you get to the late stages, you see teams really playing fantastic team basketball at a very high level with max effort and to me that is very entertaining.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I guess that's a wrap.....Congrats to FreakofNature for winning the 2019 LG March Madness Bracket Challenge....and thanks to everyone that participated.

I saw this morning the Virginia is the Vegas favorite to repeat in 2020.....never too early to start thinking about that next bracket!

Thanks Adkindo, and for setting things up....

Right now I will be going with Virginia, but that will change many times by next March madness.....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: