OFFICIAL Lakers 2019 Draft & Draft Prospects Thread (Lakers Pick #4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Garland plays like a shorter version of Buddy Hield coming out. Idk if thats bad or good. But how i see it
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

Shouldn't be a hot take, but I think Brandon Clarke is Bo Outlaw with more offensive upside.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
Garland plays like a shorter version of Buddy Hield coming out. Idk if thats bad or good. But how i see it

If he can hit threes anywhere near Hield's career 42% clip, that's a damn good thing.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Shouldn't be a hot take, but I think Brandon Clarke is Bo Outlaw with more offensive upside.

I’m not a fan for where we are as a team tbh. I think his size is going to hurt him more than people realize or expect.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Pretty easy comparison.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Garland appears to be an undersized SG. That works great with Lebron on the team since we learned last year after all these years, he isn't changing who he is. Can Lonzo guard SG? I don't recall him doing it that much last year so that remains to be seen. If Kyrie comes and they keep the pick, Garland wouldn't make any sense.

I wouldn't read much into LBJ spending time with Garland as he may have done it as a favor to his friends at Klutch. Garland, AD, LBJ, KCP would be funny but I doubt you get AD without the pick and not sure KCP is staying around. Any Klutch centers out there? Could be an all Klutch starting lineup.

I feel like a lot of people dont watch the games and just look at the final score and points column. Lonzo was able to disrupt Blake Griffin and stand him up at times when guarding him this year. He terrorized SG's and Sf's when matched up with them too.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I remember when Bo use to kill it in summer leagues in between seasons. Seemed like he had a little more game than people knew about.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I like that plays with a chip, a dark horse pick for rookie of the year.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:

His game has elements of Hield, Lou Will and Bobby Jackson imo. I don't see enough court vision to call him a traditional PG, and I don't quite see him reaching Kyrie/Dame level of scoring, so he might become a reliable microwave type igniter off the bench. I do like his fit next to Lonzo tho (mainly offensively), however due to his lack of size and defense, dunno if he's starting material, at least not from day one.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Pretty easy comparison.

It was the only one that made sense to me, even if they are oddly different athletes. Outlaw with wingspan, stride length, sinewy but strong, and Clarke, just an outstanding functional athlete altogether.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

His game has elements of Hield, Lou Will and Bobby Jackson imo. I don't see enough court vision to call him a traditional PG, and I don't quite see him reaching Kyrie/Dame level of scoring, so he might become a reliable microwave type igniter off the bench. I do like his fit next to Lonzo tho (mainly offensively), however due to his lack of size and defense, dunno if he's starting material, at least not from day one.

I don’t understand this myth that he lacks size. He’s in the same ball park as guys like Chef and Dame Dolla coming in and they were both older.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

I don’t understand this myth that he lacks size. He’s in the same ball park as guys like Chef and Dame Dolla coming in and they were both older.

I think even more than the lack of size (which is an issue) there's the lack of proven production. We're talking about taking a guy at #4 overall based on 4 College games and high school tapes?

That's a major red flag. He might be a good PG, but I'd take a 3rd year Lonzo over a rookie Garland anyday. Heck, if Lonzo just stays healthy I'd like him over a lot of PGs. Garland is going to get abused on defense. That's just a reality. Imagine Garland checking the Russell Westbrooks, Steph Currys, Damian Lillards, Mike Conleys, Chris Pauls, Jamal Murrays, James Hardens, De'Aaron Foxs of the West. It wouldn't be good. Garland MAY become elite at some things later in his career, but Lonzo is an elite defender, rebounder and passer right now. Garland wouldn't provide any of that. He'd have to be one heck of a scorer to come in off of 4 college games and be a factor against the guys I just named. Frankly, I don't think he can do it.

The better route would be to go after Culver (who is criminally underrated around here), Hunter (who can fit an immediate need but would play at the most crowded position on the roster) or Reddish (who has Paul George potential if he puts it all together).

My big board is:
- Culver
- Hunter
- Garland
- Reddish
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to: