My Change Of Heart On Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LeBron's inability to at least be an above average free throw shooter disgusts me...

This is terrible.

It's very worrisome. I could be imagining things, but since we traded Clarkson to Cleveland, I notice LeBron leaning forward on nearly every attempt, like Clarkson does. Doesn't seem to work for LeBron.

I remember Shaq doing the same in the 2002 playoffs right before toe surgery seemed to correct the problem. But LeBron leans so far forward, I expect a lane violation to be called one of these days.

What you are noticing is true. I can show it in slowmo next time I do a video maybe. Clarkson is a much more polished scorer than Lebron. So even if they do the same move, JC will look better and be more effective at it, most likely because he has practiced that move a lot more than lebron. Lebron kind of just mimics (I hate to say it like that) what good offensive players do, but without all the practice behind it. So he kind of clumsily does these moves that look familiar to us, but without the ref call to bail him out at the end, it looks foolish. We saw that at the end of the game last night a couple times. This is nothing new. The famous play in the all-star game where Kobe blocked lebron...Kobe blocked him again right after that, and the ball just kind of rolled out of bounds on lebron. But the refs either gave lbj a foul or they called it out on kobe (both wrong calls). But if you look at Lebron's body language there, that is exactly how he performs these moves. Kind of clumsy, half-hearted, and not very successful without the call at the end.
Return2greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron was brought here to make this organization money first and foremost. Even in age lebron will never be less then a 20/8/8 guy. We all knew lebron by himself with current roster couldn’t win anything here. Luke must go and we must sign another max star or trade for one. The kids just aren’t good enough and it showed this year. We kept the wrong pf and pg. this season isn’t on lebron. Remember prime Kobe when he had crap around him? This is where we are now. Let’s see what happens with another star.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Return2greatness wrote:
Lebron was brought here to make this organization money first and foremost. Even in age lebron will never be less then a 20/8/8 guy. We all knew lebron by himself with current roster couldn’t win anything here. Luke must go and we must sign another max star or trade for one. The kids just aren’t good enough and it showed this year. We kept the wrong pf and pg. this season isn’t on lebron. Remember prime Kobe when he had crap around him? This is where we are now. Let’s see what happens with another star.

Kobe got Smush and Kwame in the playoffs and nearly past the Suns though. I'd take this roster over that roster any day of the week.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

hcbball wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
LeBron's inability to at least be an above average free throw shooter disgusts me...

This is terrible.

It's very worrisome. I could be imagining things, but since we traded Clarkson to Cleveland, I notice LeBron leaning forward on nearly every attempt, like Clarkson does. Doesn't seem to work for LeBron.

I remember Shaq doing the same in the 2002 playoffs right before toe surgery seemed to correct the problem. But LeBron leans so far forward, I expect a lane violation to be called one of these days.

What you are noticing is true. I can show it in slowmo next time I do a video maybe. Clarkson is a much more polished scorer than Lebron. So even if they do the same move, JC will look better and be more effective at it, most likely because he has practiced that move a lot more than lebron. Lebron kind of just mimics (I hate to say it like that) what good offensive players do, but without all the practice behind it. So he kind of clumsily does these moves that look familiar to us, but without the ref call to bail him out at the end, it looks foolish. We saw that at the end of the game last night a couple times. This is nothing new. The famous play in the all-star game where Kobe blocked lebron...Kobe blocked him again right after that, and the ball just kind of rolled out of bounds on lebron. But the refs either gave lbj a foul or they called it out on kobe (both wrong calls). But if you look at Lebron's body language there, that is exactly how he performs these moves. Kind of clumsy, half-hearted, and not very successful without the call at the end.

I'm calling the internet police.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron needs to slide over to the 4 spot and we need Anthony Davis to come in and be willing to play the 5. I think Davis would be able to cover up some of the holes in lebrons defense and defend the paint the same way he did when he was at kentucky. If we can manage to keep lonzo we can compete as soon as next year

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

fill the bench in with some vets and make a run

ingram, kuzma,hart and the first for davis
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lebron needs to slide over to the 4 spot and we need Anthony Davis to come in and be willing to play the 5. I think Davis would be able to cover up some of the holes in lebrons defense and defend the paint the same way he did when he was at kentucky. If we can manage to keep lonzo we can compete as soon as next year

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

That's a solid team, IMO.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

hcbball wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

That roster reaks of desperation and I do not think they win anything. There is no go to scorer on that team. Not in the 4th quarter, no way.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
hcbball wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

That roster reaks of desperation and I do not think they win anything. There is no go to scorer on that team. Not in the 4th quarter, no way.

I feel there’s still a high chance the Pelicans are gonna listen to Poppovich and they’ll never trade with us.

An say somehow they break down and give in, there’s no way they don’t go after Lonzo as well 😔😔😔
hcbball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
hcbball wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

Seems like that assumes KCP and Bullock are not serviceable shooters, which I think they are. Davis as the main guy to rely on in the 4th is good. KCP and Bullock can keep the spacing. Our fanbase has a tendancy to look past guys these guys, I don't know why. If your issue with a "go to " scorer is not AD, then it must be Lebron, but I understand that Lebron is not great at that. But AD should be fine. Maybe not KD or Curry or Dame, but good enough to compete.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/4/11/18306952/la-lakers-news-lebron-james-championship-contention-jersey-retired

Let's do it !
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

lonzo
KCP
Bullock
lebron
davis

KCP gotta go!! Unless we release him and then re-sign him for no more than 4.75m, which is the same as Bullock's salary.

Also, I'd MUCH rather trade Lebron to Houston (for Capela, Gordon, Faried) and sign Kawhi + E. Payton, than keep trying to cover the holes in Lebron's defense and trade away our good young assets.

Lonzo (8.7m) / Payton (MLE 3.2m) / Caruso (MLE 1.5m)
Kawhi (32.7m) / Gordon (14m) / Hart (2m)
Ingram (7.2m) / Bullock (4.75m)
Kuzma (2m) / Wagner (2m) / Faried (Min)
Capela (16.4m) / McGee or Nerlens (4-5m)

+ Bonga (1.5m) and our lottery pick.

That leaves approx 11m of cap-space before including the lottery pick. Lonzo, Hart, Ingram and Kuzma will need to sign up for 3 PT and FT camps all summer long. Wagner gets chained to the gym so he can lose his baby fat and gain muscle. We'll be a better team in the present and future too with all this.

Then if AD still wants to join... and LeKlutch allows him to... we can figure out something in the winter of 2019-20 or in the summer of 2020. Gordon only has 1 year left on his contract so that gives flexibility.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I’ve seen it all ... Clarkson a better scorer than LBJ smh
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Brons a frontrunner and a quitter when he doesnt get his way.
You cant teach or coach that.
He is who he is.
Lakers have to take their team back from KLUTCH, FRONTRUN, or it will get worse.

I could not agree more. This team will not win until LeBron is no longer a Laker.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I wish I could save these posts so that when LBJ brings this team back to the playoffs I can rub in some fan's faces.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
I wish I could save these posts so that when LBJ brings this team back to the playoffs I can rub in some fan's faces.

Simply getting to the playoffs wouldn't be considered a success. No one's going to be doing handstands about getting into the first round and losing.

I'd say the minimum for people to believe the LBJ signing worked out would be to get to the western conference finals during his contract, if not the finals.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:

It's these kind of comments and media narrative that bother me..

It will be the team that gets us into the playoffs.. not Bron. This season should make that apparent.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

October is way to long to wait .... need to watch some higlights.

StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

The dynamic surrounding Lebron is strange. On one hand, we think the Lakers are tired of catering to Lebron. On the other hand, we welcome Lebron recruiting free agents for us. Which is folks? Are we all in or not?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
The dynamic surrounding Lebron is strange. On one hand, we think the Lakers are tired of catering to Lebron. On the other hand, we welcome Lebron recruiting free agents for us. Which is folks? Are we all in or not?

Ironic tbh. Lebron signed 3+1 to probably show FAs that he is committed to the franchise, but with recent developments it’s like he is stuck.

If he asks for a trade, majority of the media will pile on him for quitting like Magic.

If he stays and no one joins, it’s “no star wants to play with Lebron.”
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

i hope kyrie irving will join the lakers.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:

LBJ can recruit star free agents to come play here. And then he can GTFO.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

After years of being rejected again and again from decent free agents, we've finally landed one in Lebron and now Laker fans want to trade him. Seriously, sometimes I just wish the Lakers would just stay mediocre forever because a lot of you fans dont deserve a contender.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
You know, the most frustrating part is watching LeBron blow by defenders in the Finals just last year, and that's almost never happened this season in the halfcourt.

The reality is he's slowing down.

Him settling for jumpers a lot of the year shows that.

He'll get his stats cause he's a basketball savant..but what he doesn't do anymore doesn't impact like he used to.

LeBron being such a threat to drive and finish opened up so much. Him settling for jumpers so much is a bad omen.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
You know, the most frustrating part is watching LeBron blow by defenders in the Finals just last year, and that's almost never happened this season in the halfcourt.

The reality is he's slowing down.

Him settling for jumpers a lot of the year shows that.

He'll get his stats cause he's a basketball savant..but what he doesn't do anymore doesn't impact like he used to.

LeBron being such a threat to drive and finish opened up so much. Him settling for jumpers so much is a bad omen.

I don’t know if it was decline, out of shape or what but the difference was staggering.

If you look side by side highlights, 2017-18 and 2018-19...yikes.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Lets put LJ at the 5 on D and play him more off the ball on O.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: