Anyone Else Ran Out of Enthusiasm Watching Games?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Anyone Else Ran Out of Enthusiasm Watching Games?

I'm a hardcore fan. I watched almost all the games every year whenever I could. I knew the schedules.

But after we fell off the playoffs race, I've stopped watching and I have felt ZERO care for this current team. This is the first time I've felt like this for the Lakers.

Even with the previous Lottery teams, I had hope that we'd somehow get out of the ditch we were stuck in.

This year, I don't. Just feels like there's a huge blackhole. It sounds so dramatic, but that's maybe coz I really love the Lakers and not caring and not wanting to watch them right now is a weird feeling for me.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Else Ran Out of Enthusiasm Watching Games?

3peat_pete wrote:
I'm a hardcore fan. I watched almost all the games every year whenever I could. I knew the schedules.

But after we fell off the playoffs race, I've stopped watching and I have felt ZERO care for this current team. This is the first time I've felt like this for the Lakers.

Even with the previous Lottery teams, I had hope that we'd somehow get out of the ditch we were stuck in.

This year, I don't. Just feels like there's a huge blackhole. It sounds so dramatic, but that's maybe coz I really love the Lakers and not caring and not wanting to watch them right now is a weird feeling for me.

Tanking and LeBron is a bad combo for me.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I can't watch right now. Hurts too much. This is a disgrace to the Laker organization. Magic sold everyone out just to give LeBron a golden parachute.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I have. I don't watch the games. This is the only year I have not wanted to watch the games and it's strange because we have Bron. One would think just watch the game for him, but nope! I was watching the game just for BI, but after it was announced that he was out for the rest of the season, I was also out for the season.

Last edited by Outspoken on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

yeah, the expectations have made this team hard to watch once it became clear we were not making the playoffs. I have not watched much of the last couple games. In contrast, I enjoyed watching even the tanking games when it was just the young guys.....no expectations....and we were truly rebuilding.

Maybe it just an issue with me....I enjoyed the Van Exel years more than I enjoyed some of the contender years.....like the 3rd year of the 3pete.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I've been done since end of January I think.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I think I wind up catching like every other game now. And I basically tune in later in the game and inevitably we're down. I can stomach maybe a quarter of it at a time, if that and then watch something more entertaining. It's just a joyless endeavor watching now.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Seems like boringness is at an all time high.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Ball, or Ingram would have to be on the court for me to remain interested in this season.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Well, of course. They're terrible now. Lonzo was the main draw for me.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow. I can totally relate to all of your responses so far. I guess it really has more to do with the expectation that came with this season.

I think this season ranks close to that year when Nick Young was our top guy. But I still watched those games with Jordan Hill, Young, Jeremy Lin.
Daiei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Same boat.

When Zo went down I was pretty depressed and knew it would be an uphill battle going forward. When we lost those "easy" win games I became numb. Haven't watched a full game in 3 weeks.

Worst season in awhile...since Kobe went down. Team last year was at least young and had dog in them. Lebron has made this an iso snoozefest.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Worse watching it live, u can see outside of the G-leaguers, nobody trying, season done
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I stopped watching games once the tank started. My apathy mirrors that of our players.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I stopped caring a few games after the all star break. Watching Lebron pad his stats with a bunch of nobodies isn’t entertaining.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Same here, brotha. Been watching full seasons for the last 8-9 years and this is the first time where I just don't care anymore. I'm over this entire organization, from top to bottom.

It came down to one night after a ridiculous loss, I was so upset and bummed out. My girlfriend flat out said to me "Why do you continue to do this to yourself? Watching the Lakers brings you more pain than joy".

It was a total epiphany for me. The stress is simply not worth it (and I'm a hardcore lifelong Laker fan).

Better luck next year, I guess.
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I feel the same. Just not interested in watching for the first time ever. I have respect for LeBron and what's he's done but I haven't liked a single moment of his being a Laker. No press conference when he signed, he was rude and annoyed on media day and literally complained about having to try hard so early in the season. This ain't Cleveland and it ain't Miami. The Lakers are bigger than LeBron, not the other way around. Last year's team was fun and exciting and we won 9 games more than the year before even with all of the injuries. Now instead of a young up and coming team who's laughing and joking and playing hard we have this negative vibe and everyone's expendable except LeBron. He hasn't earned his spot as a Laker great, he's just a great player who happens to be a Laker. Now we gotta watch two more years of his decline and bad mood until he bails on us for year 4. I keep saying it but I really feel like we gave our heart away letting Randle go and sold our soul signing LeBron. I would be shocked to see us win a ring with him and it wouldn't feel earned if we did because it would be bought.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Same here, brotha. Been watching full seasons for the last 8-9 years and this is the first time where I just don't care anymore. I'm over this entire organization, from top to bottom.

It came down to one night after a ridiculous loss, I was so upset and bummed out. My girlfriend flat out said to me "Why do you continue to do this to yourself? Watching the Lakers brings you more pain than joy".

It was a total epiphany for me. The stress is simply not worth it (and I'm a hardcore lifelong Laker fan).

Better luck next year, I guess.

LMAO. My wife, who is not at all a basketball fan, sends me messages about Lakers losing on game days. And I'm just there taking it all in and accepting how much this team sucks. She teases me a lot about how hyped up I was before the season started and how indifferent I am now about the Lakers -
the Current team, not the franchise, coz I still wear my Laker gears weekly.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Ball, or Ingram would have to be on the court for me to remain interested in this season.

Same.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I still watch but don’t get too upset anymore, I thought that the roster was a circus from day 1. I thought that Lebron would drag us to the playoffs but that didn’t happen since his prime is in the rear view mirror.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I used to plan my days around the games, now I have missed a few. Ever since they traded Zubac its taken the air out of my tires.

It seems like we are trying to tank now, and that always makes me uncomfortable. I never root for us to lose, so its hard watching these games.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

When the kiddies came on board, you knew it was going to be a tough slog, but each year you could see their improvement.

Year #1 17 wins
Year #2 26 wins (+9)
Year #3 35 wins (+9)
Year #4 44 wins (+9)

Knowing they are going to fall short in the progress department, and are likely starting with another new roster next year, makes that tough slog seem like a complete waste of time. What's there to be excited about? The sizzling off season addition of Kemba Walker & looking forward to watching Lebron fret over trying to keep his Depends from leaking?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I thought I would just continue on watching no matter how good/bad like I have always done but since BI went down I'm having trouble staying awake during the games...making me feel real old
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan through and through...but I can't watch this team.

Every game is two and a half hours of something more constructive I could do with my time.

That Jeanie and Magic expect fans to turn out to watch this ****show is insulting.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

my sisth sense is better than other people i can always tell when a team is moving in a good direction or this nonsense.
I played bbal all my life and i love to watch and play ball.
This team's central figure is jennie buss
I think she does not know what is happening in front of her.
Like Every decision lakers made has been a bad one from player development to hiring thugs and expecting showtime.

One thing I dont understand is why lakers never try hard to rebound the ball
Anytime I see players not giving a damn about rebounding i know the team soul is (bleep). lakers never rebound and dont even challange other teams.
as soon as the shot is up 3 lakers are already turning around.
team soul is of a looser
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: