Anyone Else Ran Out of Enthusiasm Watching Games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Let's see... we pissed away a very considerable amount of young talent, switched mid-stream between a build a young core strategy to a win-now push, selling low before our young core had time to mature, and pissed several years of tanking away so we could land LeBron plus a second max free agent, failed to land that second max free agent, and then surrounded LeBron with such a (bleep) show for vets that we're now tanking with LeBron friggn James on this squad. That's new territory. Not in a good way.

Let's throw in adversarial relationships with several agents, most other teams and the press as well, a blatant lack of tact displayed by our GM to the point where we're a laughing stock of the league, and an extremely poorly balanced squad that's playing cellar ball.

What we've done is we've pissed away the "marquee destination" aura that Pelinka tried to sell so hard going into this season, instead returning to the bottom dwelling team turmoil that top tier free agents have laughed at and walked away from for years. In the meantime we've got a bunch on LG wrapped up in another feckless tank celebration thinking whatever rookie we get from this year's tank is going do what LeBron can't - save the title aspirations of this franchise.

Yah. I've lost a little enthusiasm.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I have almost completely given up watching games. At least in previous years when we were tanking, we could tune in to see how the young core is doing. With Hart hobbling, Zubac traded, and Ingram and Ball out for the season, there is not enough of the young core to attract my attention. My only real NBA interest these days is checking in the scores and standings daily to see how the Lakers are doing in the tankathon.

But, I see that UC Irvine has made the NCAA tournament this year, so that should provide a little basketball entertainment for another few days at least.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

When BI got injured no reason to watch. It was tough without Zo regardless.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I made a similar thread a few years back. Aside from a few glimpses here and there... these games are tough to watch. Who knows who will be on the team next year? No continuity, no camaraderie. We loved watching teams before because they played FOR each other and they BUILT their relationship over years, they were a TEAM.

The past few years has reminded me of how the Rams were for so long. Just a complete and utter sh*tshow from top to bottom.

The entire culture is rotten. You can't expect to bring in a star free agent and think things are going to just automatically get better. It starts at the top and the Lakers have relied too heavily on their brand and past success instead of trying to BUILD something new.

They keep TELLING us the Lakers are all about winning championships. But what is it--- 6-7 straight losing season with no playoffs? Fewest win total of any team in the past 6 years? LOL That's pathetic.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

The Pistons game was pretty tough to watch. That one was like a summer league/pre-season game.

At this point you would love to see Kuz, Ingram, Ball, Hart developing but Kuz is the closest thing to healthy of the four.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Yep. Cancelled my league pass subscription for the remainder of the season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187244
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I’m watching, just not posting. What’s the use?

It’s coaching. It will always come down to coaching; regardless of how many superstars you got, how many role players you got, or how many draft picks you tank for.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

when lebron signed i said, "looks like i picked the wrong year to have canceled spectrum"

who's laughing now?

actually the people i feel worst for are season ticket holders. that's a tough pill to swallow right now. my sympathies

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
when lebron signed i said, "looks like i picked the wrong year to have canceled spectrum"

who's laughing now?

actually the people i feel worst for are season ticket holders. that's a tough pill to swallow right now. my sympathies

Ouch. Yeah that's rough.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Same here, brotha. Been watching full seasons for the last 8-9 years and this is the first time where I just don't care anymore. I'm over this entire organization, from top to bottom.

It came down to one night after a ridiculous loss, I was so upset and bummed out. My girlfriend flat out said to me "Why do you continue to do this to yourself? Watching the Lakers brings you more pain than joy".

It was a total epiphany for me. The stress is simply not worth it (and I'm a hardcore lifelong Laker fan).

Better luck next year, I guess.

I've been watching full seasons since the late 90's- I even watched all the games with Smush Parker and DLO. I also had the pleasure of watching a lot of Showtime Laker games.

This is the first time I have stopped watching. This is IMO the worst season ever. 6'th year in a row of no playoffs. Moved a lot of our young players for nothing in return or even worse- Muscala.

The moves have been bad and has contributed to our low standings, but also the injuries are just breathtaking. I have watched the Lakers for decades, never ever have I seen anything like this. And it has stretched on over multiple seasons. I guess tanking has been involved over the past several years, but this year there was no incentive to tank.

IMO the Lakers are at a crossroads now like the Dodgers were at the end of the O'Mally era. I wanted the O'Mally's to sell back then to a deep pocket owner, but then they sold to Fox and the team was even worse.

I would like Jeanie to continue to run the team, but I am getting close to wanting her and the rest of the kids to just sell and move on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I can’t help it, I watch every game and cheer for them to win.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm not watching, and refuse to go to a game and watch an inferior product.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Let's see... we pissed away a very considerable amount of young talent, switched mid-stream between a build a young core strategy to a win-now push, selling low before our young core had time to mature, and pissed several years of tanking away so we could land LeBron plus a second max free agent, failed to land that second max free agent, and then surrounded LeBron with such a (bleep) show for vets that we're now tanking with LeBron friggn James on this squad. That's new territory. Not in a good way.

Let's throw in adversarial relationships with several agents, most other teams and the press as well, a blatant lack of tact displayed by our GM to the point where we're a laughing stock of the league, and an extremely poorly balanced squad that's playing cellar ball.

What we've done is we've pissed away the "marquee destination" aura that Pelinka tried to sell so hard going into this season, instead returning to the bottom dwelling team turmoil that top tier free agents have laughed at and walked away from for years. In the meantime we've got a bunch on LG wrapped up in another feckless tank celebration thinking whatever rookie we get from this year's tank is going do what LeBron can't - save the title aspirations of this franchise.

Last year was exciting as we were watching the young pups grow before our eyes. It left so much hope for this year. Then this mess.....

Coach Wooden
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Last year was exciting as we were watching the young pups grow before our eyes. It left so much hope for this year. Then this mess.....

Oh man last year at this time I was real excited. That squad started turning the corner before injuries hit BI, Hart, and Lonzo.

I still want the Lakers to win as much as ever. It's not in my DNA to celebrate a Laker loss with tank logos.

Even if I could though, I wouldn't for this season, not after the events of the last 2 years that got us to this point.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I may be down on my enthusiasm, but I admire yours pio2u
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I start out this way but keep falling asleep...in the third today. Fourth game in a row...It's making me feel really old
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

at the risk of having my fandom revoked, i have zero interest in the magic-jeanie-pelinka product so far
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

That’s what bourbon is for.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Isn't rage a form of enthusiasm?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Isn't rage a form of enthusiasm?

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I may be down on my enthusiasm, but I admire yours pio2u

It's a dirty, thankless job; but somebody's got to do it!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

BINGO!
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

The previous moves the front office made with letting D’Angelo Russell go didn’t feel right but I gave them the benefit of the doubt but to not resign Brooke completely made that trade not feel complete then letting Randle walk not to mention the free agent signings were an absolute disaster. It’s crazy to see Lance the keeper out of the group 😳

With how bad the Front office has been with roster management and recently trading our starting center when we need a starting center really shows how bad the front office has been. So bad in fact people are pissed. People aren’t dumb this has been the worst year I have experienced as a Lakers fan

Shout out to Pete, Anthony, Harrison, Lakers Legend Hollywood hoops and many others with stuff I need right now. You guys have been spot on and make this season some what tolerable. Also shout out to the posters for good content.

Honestly I’m shocked but there can’t be anymore screw ups or we get set back another 3 to 6 years terrifying!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: