Kobe Endorses Trading the Young Core for AD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

I'm more interested in who he's endorsing for president
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I haven't seen anyone outside this board who thinks trading the young guys for Davis would be anything but robbery for the Lakers. And this is supported by the fact that the Pelicans never even seemed to seriously consider the trade.

Yeah and I don't know what people are expecting. Players like Anthony Davis are not easily replaceable. There are plenty of guys in the league that can match Ingram, Kuzma, and Lonzo. If you can get one of the irreplaceable guys, it's a win. Its easy to find 3 random role players who can make a contender when you have LeBron and AD on the team.

It doesn't really make sense to be overly patient with a youth movement when you have an aging star who can win now.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Kobe's right though.

That trade is a no brainer.

AD+Lebron + fillers is better than

Lebron + young core.

Why don't you make us all a depth chart with some cheap free agents to show is what those fillers look like?

I notice that most of the people who say trade everyone for AD never get into specifics.

Let's see if you're any different... and can avoid the trap of assuming half the league will play for the minimum.

My guess is no.

Collison/Caruso
Bullock/Hood/Hart
Lebron/Bagdonovic/Jeff Green
AD/Wagner/Mike Scott
Lopez/McGee

Is that Robin or Brook Lopez?

Not a bad answer... but doubtful we could get all of those pieces and Brook would be the most important one.

I can see Collison maybe wanting to come home... I like Caruso but it's debatable whether he can rise to permanent backup PG.

Maybe you can sign Reggie and Hood cheaply due to Reggie's recent struggles but although they could flourish, it's also possible that they are both reserve quality more than starters. Also, I remember Hood being unhappy the last year LBJ in Cleveland... boycotting for not getting enough minutes?

Bogdanovic seems like he'd want to be a starter somewhere... Can he play SG? or is he too slow? Also why would Indiana let him go? He seems like one of their best players.

The keys to your plan seem to be Brook, Collison, Bogdanovic... bringing them all in for 30 million.

If you don't get Brook... the team doesn't have a center... Also, I doubt McGee will want to play for peanuts again after having a decent year.

So you need to overpay Brook or worse, overpay McGee.

If you don't get Collison... the team has no point guard... if you do get him it improves the shooting but seems like a big downgrade on defense

It seems like you'd need to overpay Bogdanovic to pull him away from a playoff team. Do we know that he's unhappy? Others have also brought up his name.

At any rate... I like your creativity... but I'm just not sure of the feasibility of your signings.

It would be an upgrade on shooting but seems like it wouldn't be a championship contender because of diminished defense...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Kobe's right though.

That trade is a no brainer.

AD+Lebron + fillers is better than

Lebron + young core.

Why don't you make us all a depth chart with some cheap free agents to show is what those fillers look like?

I notice that most of the people who say trade everyone for AD never get into specifics.

Let's see if you're any different... and can avoid the trap of assuming half the league will play for the minimum.

My guess is no.

Collison/Caruso
Bullock/Hood/Hart
Lebron/Bagdonovic/Jeff Green
AD/Wagner/Mike Scott
Lopez/McGee

Is that Robin or Brook Lopez?

Not a bad answer... but doubtful we could get all of those pieces and Brook would be the most important one.

I can see Collison maybe wanting to come home... I like Caruso but it's debatable whether he can rise to permanent backup PG.

Maybe you can sign Reggie and Hood cheaply due to Reggie's recent struggles but although they could flourish, it's also possible that they are both reserve quality more than starters. Also, I remember Hood being unhappy the last year LBJ in Cleveland... boycotting for not getting enough minutes?

Bogdanovic seems like he'd want to be a starter somewhere... Can he play SG? or is he too slow? Also why would Indiana let him go? He seems like one of their best players.

The keys to your plan seem to be Brook, Collison, Bogdanovic... bringing them all in for 30 million.

If you don't get Brook... the team doesn't have a center... Also, I doubt McGee will want to play for peanuts again after having a decent year.

So you need to overpay Brook or worse, overpay McGee.

If you don't get Collison... the team has no point guard... if you do get him it improves the shooting but seems like a big downgrade on defense

It seems like you'd need to overpay Bogdanovic to pull him away from a playoff team. Do we know that he's unhappy? Others have also brought up his name.

At any rate... I like your creativity... but I'm just not sure of the feasibility of your signings.

It would be an upgrade on shooting but seems like it wouldn't be a championship contender because of diminished defense...

I was talking about Brook Lopez... I just put something together without really putting too much effort in to it. Not thinking about why would a player sign here. I also believe we will have to over pay for certain guys specially if we don't land a max guy through free agency. If we do strike out, my main focus will be to get Bogdanovic.

Bogdanovic can start at the SF spot and we can simply slide Lebron at the PG position. But you will have to get a very good 3+D guy. If we can't get Collison, I will target a guy like Danny Green. Sign Hood for cheap. McGee can be had for cheap. Even with his increase in production his value has not gone up much due to his impact.

With AD + Lopez + Danny Green your overall team defense improves.

Lebron/Caruso
Green/Hood/Hart
Bogdanovic/Jeff Green
AD/Wagner/Mike Scott
BLopez/McGee
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe talking about the current State of the Lakers, I’m not too interested.

Kobe on MtV’s Ridiculousness Show, Sure! 🤣😂🤣
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Kobe talking about the current State of the Lakers, I’m not too interested.

Kobe on MtV’s Ridiculousness Show, Sure! 🤣😂🤣

LOL
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

Screw Kobe. Keep Zo & BI. Their defense alone is on par with many variations of Kobe.
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Kobe is sympathizing with an aging superstar as opposed to looking at the bigger picture which depletes the franchise of young talent.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Jbar805 wrote:
Kobe is sympathizing with an aging superstar as opposed to looking at the bigger picture which depletes the franchise of young talent.

If the "young talent" as an aggregate doesn't equal the talent of Anthony Davis, then the smart thing to do is to get Anthony Davis.

If the Lakers offered BI, Zo, Kuz, Zubac, two 1sts and two 2nds and NO never gave it real consideration, that should tell you what the value of our "young talent" really is.

If the Pelicans view Tatum plus a bunch of late picks as better than the Lakers package, ditto.

I want our kids to be good and to be rising superstars - but the basketball pros do not see them that way.

Rather than dumping on Kobe, you guys need to exercise common sense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Jbar805 wrote:

If the "young talent" as an aggregate doesn't equal the talent of Anthony Davis, then the smart thing to do is to get Anthony Davis.

If the Lakers offered BI, Zo, Kuz, Zubac, two 1sts and two 2nds and NO never gave it real consideration, that should tell you what the value of our "young talent" really is.

If the Pelicans view Tatum plus a bunch of late picks as better than the Lakers package, ditto.

I want our kids to be good and to be rising superstars - but the basketball pros do not see them that way.

Likewise. The Pelicans weren’t trading AD here, we could have offered Lebron. AD and Rich Paul tried strong arming them and it pissed them off. They won’t give Paul what he wants, our trade package had nothing to do with it. They wouldn’t even counter offer.
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Jbar805 wrote:

From the sounds of it, the trade talks were just a ploy to make the lakers look bad. They were never gonna trade AD to the lakers. Magic is to cocky to realize hes being played.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Screw Kobe. Keep Zo & BI. Their defense alone is on par with many variations of Kobe.

And the award for dumbest statement of the year goes to.....
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Kobe “ship his a— out”!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8K7GP3NM

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Jbar805 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Jbar805 wrote:

From the sounds of it, the trade talks were just a ploy to make the lakers look bad. They were never gonna trade AD to the lakers. Magic is to cocky to realize hes being played.

Ramona said that there were 3 calls that might have lasted 2 minutes cumulatively.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: