Which offer do you take if you're the Pelicans? DLO straight up, or Zo/BI/Kuz?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which offer do you take if you're the Pelicans?
DLO, straight up
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Zo/Ingram/Kuz
76%
 76%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 43

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:
Dlo is a wet dream to some... still... after all the time that has passed

He's a nightmare now reminding us what impatience can do. 27 pts in a quarter isn't something to shrug about. Think about the types that have done these insane quarter bursts in the history of the game. He has "IT," and we drafted him, and let him go. The kid is only going to get better. 50 pt games and 60 pt games are coming soon.

And you say the time that has passed. What have we accomplished during this time that would make you forget about the players you traded away? We're in the lotto dude. We could have accomplished that without Lebron. LOL!

Dude, he wouldn't flourish here. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong attitude. The trade was the best move for him.
Let it go... that's the mantra. Focus on who we do have, rather than who we don't. BI can be that guy. We just can't lose him, if that's the lesson learned which is what I think you're implying.

2 different players...

Correct, but having outbursts can happen to BI if he gets his 3 point shot down. BI has the "IT" as well. Focus on him and maybe Lonzo, leave Dlo alone - time to move on and move any Dlo talk to the General Discussion forum.

I agree with your Brandon Ingram sentiments, it's just hard to think about what could've been if we had been patient. DLO has had those outbursts with us as well, he was just inconsistent. He was inconsistent when he was with the nets, though once he became consistent, he flourished; like I would assume he would've have done with us. Especially along side Zo, a player that would maximize his strength.

I get you're saying move on, can't bring him back now, that time is done. It's still a dream of what could've been because we were in position to have Zo, DLO, BI, Randle, Zu. We were busy shooting for the stars to understand that we have stars. We lack patience, which makes me think that we could perhaps trade a player like BI for "greener grass."

I think the real question is should we have faith in this FO to make the best moves, based on the examples they have shown us. To me, it's no, so we are forced to fantasize on what could've been on the players that could've been for us, until things are turned around.

Dlo was an outcast on the squad and was traded along with a horrible contract. BI is not viewed the same way and we don't need to attach a contract to him in a trade. We're in great position to sign a max FA. Dlo situation was an outlier.
If the premise is to be worried about what moves the FO will make, I can understand that. To sit here and cry over Dlo is not something I can relate to.

Outcast? Dude was bff with them all besides Kobe, who no one was BFFs...

If anything, DLO was more close to them than Ingram was.

Yeah, it's funny to me how people are still pushing this outcast narrative. It's like people forget D'Lo played an entire season with us after the Nick Young situation without incident and looking to continue having good relationships with guys like Randle, Nance, Clarkson and Zu.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Russell for AD? Even that idiot Dell Demps would immediately hang up.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

He's a nightmare now reminding us what impatience can do. 27 pts in a quarter isn't something to shrug about. Think about the types that have done these insane quarter bursts in the history of the game. He has "IT," and we drafted him, and let him go. The kid is only going to get better. 50 pt games and 60 pt games are coming soon.

And you say the time that has passed. What have we accomplished during this time that would make you forget about the players you traded away? We're in the lotto dude. We could have accomplished that without Lebron. LOL!

Dude, he wouldn't flourish here. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong attitude. The trade was the best move for him.
Let it go... that's the mantra. Focus on who we do have, rather than who we don't. BI can be that guy. We just can't lose him, if that's the lesson learned which is what I think you're implying.

2 different players...

Correct, but having outbursts can happen to BI if he gets his 3 point shot down. BI has the "IT" as well. Focus on him and maybe Lonzo, leave Dlo alone - time to move on and move any Dlo talk to the General Discussion forum.

I agree with your Brandon Ingram sentiments, it's just hard to think about what could've been if we had been patient. DLO has had those outbursts with us as well, he was just inconsistent. He was inconsistent when he was with the nets, though once he became consistent, he flourished; like I would assume he would've have done with us. Especially along side Zo, a player that would maximize his strength.

I get you're saying move on, can't bring him back now, that time is done. It's still a dream of what could've been because we were in position to have Zo, DLO, BI, Randle, Zu. We were busy shooting for the stars to understand that we have stars. We lack patience, which makes me think that we could perhaps trade a player like BI for "greener grass."

I think the real question is should we have faith in this FO to make the best moves, based on the examples they have shown us. To me, it's no, so we are forced to fantasize on what could've been on the players that could've been for us, until things are turned around.

Dlo was an outcast on the squad and was traded along with a horrible contract. BI is not viewed the same way and we don't need to attach a contract to him in a trade. We're in great position to sign a max FA. Dlo situation was an outlier.
If the premise is to be worried about what moves the FO will make, I can understand that. To sit here and cry over Dlo is not something I can relate to.

DLO wasn't an outcast, now you could say he got outcasted, which would make me believe he would focus more so on his game out here. DLO doesn't strike me as a player that crumbles in scrutiny. It's terrible to trade a young player because of something that wasn't even his fault (his ex released the footage) for a player that isn't apart of our future in Nick, at all.

My biggest gripe with the move is that we seem to lack patience and our inability to see potential. It's not just DLO. We didn't re-sign Randle, who was big for us. We wanted to trade Zo, BI, Kuz, Zu, and Hart for AD. We gave Zu away for a coke and a bag of chips, though he was young and really affective for us.

We are in good position to sign a top free agent this summer, but my worry is who wants to come here? For what price? Are we gonna try to trade our young assets again? The examples that this FO has shown, they don't have a clue what they are doing. Down to building a team. We seem too be way too invested in this 2 max player plan and it is costing us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

Outcast? Dude was bff with them all besides Kobe, who no one was BFFs...

If anything, DLO was more close to them than Ingram was.

Yeah, it's funny to me how people are still pushing this outcast narrative. It's like people forget D'Lo played an entire season with us after the Nick Young situation without incident and looking to continue having good relationships with guys like Randle, Nance, Clarkson and Zu.

Thank the Showtime mafia
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

DLO wasn't an outcast, now you could say he got outcasted, which would make me believe he would focus more so on his game out here. DLO doesn't strike me as a player that crumbles in scrutiny. It's terrible to trade a young player because of something that wasn't even his fault (his ex released the footage) for a player that isn't apart of our future in Nick, at all.

My biggest gripe with the move is that we seem to lack patience and our inability to see potential. It's not just DLO. We didn't re-sign Randle, who was big for us. We wanted to trade Zo, BI, Kuz, Zu, and Hart for AD. We gave Zu away for a coke and a bag of chips, though he was young and really affective for us.

We are in good position to sign a top free agent this summer, but my worry is who wants to come here? For what price? Are we gonna try to trade our young assets again? The examples that this FO has shown, they don't have a clue what they are doing. Down to building a team. We seem too be way too invested in this 2 max player plan and it is costing us.

He was perceived as an outcast, whether by his own doing or the stigma that followed him. Magic didn't favor him, Shaw didn't have anything nice to say about him either. He didn't have much of a future here and he played like it as well. Having a fresh start without any baggage was huge for him and it let him flourish. You could argue that he could have achieved that here but I wouldn't agree.

The rest of your post has valid complaints/concerns which belong in the other thread. The premise of this thread is another Dlo crybaby complaining thread, which is why it should be locked and the topic can be move to the general forum.

I'm not a Dlo fan, but I can appreciate how he has been playing this year. I just don't want to talk about a former player on a daily basis in the Laker forum. There's a place for it, but some want to continue to litter this forum with the same repetitive conversation that is currently ongoing here: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=185799
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

He was perceived as an outcast, whether by his own doing or the stigma that followed him. Magic didn't favor him, Shaw didn't have anything nice to say about him either. He didn't have much of a future here and he played like it as well. Having a fresh start without any baggage was huge for him and it let him flourish. You could argue that he could have achieved that here but I wouldn't agree.

The rest of your post has valid complaints/concerns which belong in the other thread. The premise of this thread is another Dlo crybaby complaining thread, which is why it should be locked and the topic can be move to the general forum.

I'm not a Dlo fan, but I can appreciate how he has been playing this year. I just don't want to talk about a former player on a daily basis in the Laker forum. There's a place for it, but some want to continue to litter this forum with the same repetitive conversation that is currently ongoing here: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=185799

In all fairness, no one is forcing you to talk about him. lol
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

Pretty much summed it up.

Many of us knew he had "it."

Some of us thought he could end up being the best player in his draft, that is still possible.

This is like watching a car wreck happen in slow-motion.

The sad part is, none of this is hindsight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

Agreed. Which is why you don’t see my posts in the general forum thread, where this conversation belongs. My conversation in this thread is not about him, but the fact that he gets brought up in the Laker forum constantly.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

That's not the point.. We don't need multiple threads in the Lakers lounge masquerading as something other than a Russell thread.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KBH wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

That's not the point.. We don't need multiple threads in the Lakers lounge masquerading as something other than a Russell thread.

I agree with you and 55 to an extent. But there is also a perspective where D'Angelo Russell is tied to a conversation about the moves this FO has made and whether or not that engenders trust in them. I'm not saying THIS thread is that, but the one about punting too soon on Randle, Russell certainly is. Basically, there is an intersection where what ex-Lakers do is relevant to the Lakers right now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Let's be real.. We know what this thread is about. We know what the others are about as well. You can check the subject matter within them if there's any question.

He has his own thread in the general lounge.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KBH wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

I agree with you and 55 to an extent. But there is also a perspective where D'Angelo Russell is tied to a conversation about the moves this FO has made and whether or not that engenders trust in them. I'm not saying THIS thread is that, but the one about punting too soon on Randle, Russell certainly is. Basically, there is an intersection where what ex-Lakers do is relevant to the Lakers right now.

Agreed again. It is a conversation piece that deserves dissecting FO past and future moves. It just needs to be in the right place. You’ll notice that this complaint isn’t in the punting too soon thread, in the front office sucks thread, nor in the general forum Russell thread. Keep it in one place and go at it, that’s all we’re saying.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t realize that DB recently added so many new Mods lately.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I didn’t realize that DB recently added so many new Mods lately.

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
KBH wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KBH wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
55 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
55 wrote:

2 different players...

Agreed again. It is a conversation piece that deserves dissecting FO past and future moves. It just needs to be in the right place. You’ll notice that this complaint isn’t in the punting too soon thread, in the front office sucks thread, nor in the general forum Russell thread. Keep it in one place and go at it, that’s all we’re saying.

Yeah, I can't really disagree with any of this.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I would trade LBJ
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

DLo, Lou Williams and Zubac would make a nice package. I think I'd prefer this package over the other package.

I wonder whom Magic's gonna ship out next? Stay tuned!
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting tired of people trying to sneakily compare Lonzo to DLO or put him in the same sentence. It was complete idiocy to give away D'Angelo just to get rid of Mosgov, whom we could have stretch provisioned (and hello we had $11m extra for Rondo, $10M extra for KCP, etc etc). It was also idiocy plain and simple to draft Lonzo over Tatum, Fox and Mitchell.

LoL the league is all about shooting and we got the player who can't shoot. AND he's not even interested to be out there now running in some meaningless games with Lebron to get experience.

also Kuzma is just a guy.

yes Brandon Ingram is a good player, but oops now we cant trade him for value because of concern about what happened with Bosh. So the real question is can you be happy with Ingram on this team. I mean if he's a great player then fine be happy we got him. If all we can think is who is worth what in a trade then we are nowhere and the FO is lost.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I'd trade all 4 for AD.; Just to see another LG meltdown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: