NBA Insiders believe Star Free Agents will follow PG13's Lead and Ignore Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

tired of these BS narratives. PG13 didnt flake out specifically on the Lakers... he simply resigned with his bff in OKC and didnt take a meeting from ANYONE.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

What for? Ignore the Lakers, why? Seems like an 8th graders way of handling free agency
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Embiid wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Embiid wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
There is some truth to it and it’s self inflicted.

However, if OKC loses in round 1, I’m sure the narrative will change

The perception right now is chaos and not many top tier guys are going to sign up to be second fiddle to Klutch.

How when the lakers arent going to make the playoffs?

Why aren’t the mods banning this Sixers troll?

Cause I'm not a troll..

Okay
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Jbar805 wrote:
Should have invested all our energy into acquiring PG instead of LBJ. Cant make PG feel like our 2nd choice.

Well, in retrospect, we should have traded either Ingram or the #2 pick that became Ball for George. That seems to be the main thing that made him unwanted,

Other than that, I'm not sure what we could have done. We put up billboards ad leaked our presentation video. We made it clear we wanted him. But he wouldn't meet with us.

If you feel that George didn't come here because of Lebron, we could have passed on Lebron in the hopes of getting George. But I cant imagine the Lakers doing that unless George made it clear it was a choice between the two, and I don't know that he ever did.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi and Butler are the only dark horse candidates I see us signing.

If I was a free agent, I'd also deprioritize this team.

Not because we're not making the playoffs...it's because the youngins are all fkd up.

Ball, Hart=injuries

Ingram=questionable health

Kuzma=disgruntled

Our inevitable coaching change will also bring a lot of questions to our future.

We need to draft a stud in the lottery or make the AD trade happen.

Only way to save the next season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

There is no way this front office would be forgiven for prioritizing PG over Bron at that time.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Not because we're not making the playoffs...it's because the youngins are all fkd up.

Ball, Hart=injuries

Kuzma=disgruntled

Our inevitable coaching change will also bring a lot of questions to our future.

What's questionable about Ingram's health? He's expected to be fine with no reoccurring issues.

I also believe Bron could turn all of this around.

If he were willing to communicate to KD, or KL that he'd take a backseat to them I think they at least entertain the idea of signing here.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

"Leonard could make as much as $190 million deal by committing to five more years with the Raptors next season, but would only garner $141 million over a four-year deal with any other team as a free agent, shaving $70 million in potential earnings."

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-kawhi-leonard-loses-chance-at-super-max-what-toronto-can-offer-him/

I think our pick is going to Toronto in a sign and trade.......
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we will look at this lost season as a blessing in disguise. A top player can come here and proclaim that he had a huge impact on the potential success of the team and did not come here to ride LB's jock.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

The only time FO can make a move on PG was at the start of free agency otherwise it would have been tampering.

PG never gave anyone a meeting.

He already made up his mind.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Paul George was an outlier. A massive fraud that did nothing but cry for the Lakers in his last year with the Pacers. Leaking stuff and telling the Lakers not to weaken the squad by trading for him. Then in his "decision" video he says "well they didn't trade for me, I'm staying in OKC" Dude is a massive clown. Westbrook was glued to George the entire summer so ANOTHER star didn't leave him.

Sure, Lebron James is a huge free agent deterrent and people aren't exactly lining up to play with him. But to use the word "ignore" like Kawhi, Kyrie, and KD wouldn't give us a meeting is absurd.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Paul George was an outlier. A massive fraud that did nothing but cry for the Lakers in his last year with the Pacers. Leaking stuff and telling the Lakers not to weaken the squad by trading for him. Then in his "decision" video he says "well they didn't trade for me, I'm staying in OKC" Dude is a massive clown. Westbrook was glued to George the entire summer so ANOTHER star didn't leave him.

Sure, Lebron James is a huge free agent deterrent and people aren't exactly lining up to play with him. But to use the word "ignore" like Kawhi, Kyrie, and KD wouldn't give us a meeting is absurd.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ball, Hart=injuries

Kuzma=disgruntled

What's questionable about Ingram's health? He's expected to be fine with no reoccurring issues.

If he were willing to communicate to KD, or KL that he'd take a backseat to them I think they at least entertain the idea of signing here.

Is there an article that says the clot was a non issue?

All I saw were reports that the surgery was successful and full recovery is expected.

For BI's sake I hope that's the end of it.

I still believe in Bron...it's the young guys I'm worried about. They have been demoralized.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:

He took the money.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

"Leonard could make as much as $190 million deal by committing to five more years with the Raptors next season, but would only garner $141 million over a four-year deal with any other team as a free agent, shaving $70 million in potential earnings."

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-kawhi-leonard-loses-chance-at-super-max-what-toronto-can-offer-him/

I like this angle.

Gives us an advantage over the Clippers.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ball, Hart=injuries

Kuzma=disgruntled

All I saw were reports that the surgery was successful and full recovery is expected.

I still believe in Bron...it's the young guys I'm worried about. They have been demoralized.

I think we have to be careful about letting media narratives shape our perception. Ingram and Kuz's play after the trade rumors aren't consistent with a player that's demoralized. They were fine.

I also didn't say the clot was a non issue.. I said that it currently is a non issue based on the reporting that you've alluded to.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
What for? Ignore the Lakers, why? Seems like an 8th graders way of handling free agency

Because we are a poopshow?

I would totally get it if someone didn’t want to come here at this point.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ball, Hart=injuries

Kuzma=disgruntled

I think we have to be careful about letting media narratives shape our perception. Ingram and Kuz's play after the trade rumors aren't consistent with a player that's demoralized. They were fine.

I also didn't say the clot was a non issue.. I said that it currently is a non issue based on the reporting that you've alluded to.

INGRAM is a revelation (hats off to him) but Kuz has completely lost it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

@Hero.. Kuz as of late has looked pretty bad, no question. My point is immediately after the trade rumors his play was basically the same. What we're seeing from him as of late is unrelated. He hasn't shot well all season.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
@Hero.. Kuz as of late has looked pretty bad, no question. My point is immediately after the trade rumors his play was basically the same. What we're seeing from him as of late is unrelated. He hasn't shot well all season.

F Kuz he's gone tank mode.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

F Kuz he's gone tank mode.

Certainly appears that way.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why give up a pick when we have cap space?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

He took the money.

On the better team
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

He took the money.

On the better team

They are 42-30 and are looking like a 1st round or 2nd round exit team, Are you honestly saying they are a Impressive team?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RealSkipBayless wrote:

He took the money.

On the better team

They are 42-30 and are looking like a 1st round or 2nd round exit team, Are you honestly saying they are a Impressive team?

No, I didn’t say that. Read again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: