Teachers Reportedly Shot ‘Execution Style’ With Pellets In Active Shooter Drill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Teachers Reportedly Shot ‘Execution Style’ With Pellets In Active Shooter Drill

Teachers at an Indiana elementary school said they were told to kneel against a wall and then were shot from behind with an airsoft gun without warning.

“They told us, ‘This is what happens if you just cower and do nothing,’” one teacher told IndyStar, which did not name the teachers. “They shot all of us across our backs. I was hit four times. ... It hurt so bad.”

The state teachers association said in a tweet that teachers were brought into the classroom to repeat the exercise four at a time. Teachers waiting outside heard screaming from the room, but the ones who had been shot were told “not to tell anyone what happened.

Law enforcement at it's finest. Using weapons and pain to intimidate elementary school teachers . . . some real badass cops in Indiana.

I guess it's better they are getting their rocks off shooting teachers with pellets in a drill than actually killing brown people on the streets in real life?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

The uniquely American educational experience: Cheerleaders, Proms, Homecoming, Football Games, and Active Shooter Drills. Making America Great Again, one gunman at a time... Hoo Rah.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Can't be long before they are lining up the first graders to shoot them in the back just to make sure they understand the need for the Second Amendment.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Crude, might get the point across to the elementary students but illegal without the teachers’ and Parents’ consents
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

So now the police are expecting regular civilians to act more calmly during a shooting than actual police who are trained for this?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

What the actual eff. They have to pass laws to stop this from happening?

This doesn't seem any different than whatever law a person would be violating if they just shot a random person on the street with a pellet.

(Unless -- the teachers consented to it, which would be different, but I didn't see anything about that in there).
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

SMH
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the police even do this in their own training
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Nah that's cruel. Blue lives matter.

All jokes aside, as an adult I don't want to get shot by pellets. The things people come up with. How about spend more money for tighter security?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

I think they probably do. Pretty sure they all have to get sprayed with pepper spray or something as part of the training to understand its effects. Of course, that actually makes sense if that is true.

I don't get what shooting a teacher with a pellet, what exactly can you learn from that? If you're in a position where you might get shot, it's probably not going to be a pellet.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

True they are probably tested for some level of toughness

I cannot brainstorm a legit reason to actually fire on the teachers
*Incel planning director?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

The biggest problem is the non consent. I’m sure the purpose is to teach what to do and what not to do in situations depicted. Similar to the tv show scared straight that law enforcement also do
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Teachers Reportedly Shot ‘Execution Style’ With Pellets In Active Shooter Drill

DaMuleRules wrote:

I guess it's better they are getting their rocks off shooting teachers with pellets in a drill than actually killing brown people on the streets in real life?

I don't think it's either/or proposition.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

If you get raked by an AR15 across your torso, you probably won't feel the pain long enough to notice it. It won't be like a movie where the guy screams as he's being lit up and he's still standing after the first one goes in. Not even sure what they're conveying with pellet guns. It's a false depiction. They should just be telling them that IF the active shooter even bothers lining them up like the St. Valentine's Day Massacre (which he probably won't), then you're bleeped. In school shootings that you know of, which one of them lined a group of people up? I can't think of one. Odds are they just hit anything they can and don't waste time. Dumb exercise. They're just trying to get teachers to think that they should take the onus of law enforcement and do something to stop the shooter before the cops (who waited it out themselves) breach the building. It's not the teacher's obligation to do what the police are supposed to do. Some of them DO though and many of them died as heroes in the process, but in the Parkland shooting, it was the teachers/staff who were heroic while the cops stayed out of harm's way. This seems like they're trying to guilt teachers/staff into throwing themselves in danger instead of pointing the blame on themselves for not responding fast enough.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Parkland survivor, 19, commits suicide after PTSD/survivor's guilt.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/parkland-shooting-survivor-sydney-aiello-died-suicide-allegedly-struggling-survivors-guilt-173832081.html
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Teachers Reportedly Shot ‘Execution Style’ With Pellets In Active Shooter Drill

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I don't think it's either/or proposition.

Agreed. The reason that sentence was posed as a question was sarcasm.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

Nah that's cruel. Blue lives matter.

All jokes aside, as an adult I don't want to get shot by pellets. The things people come up with. How about spend more money for tighter security?

Cops spray each other with pepper spray as part of their training in how to use it . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
The biggest problem is the non consent. I’m sure the purpose is to teach what to do and what not to do in situations depicted. Similar to the tv show scared straight that law enforcement also do

Here's an idea. Rather than train civilian teachers how to "appropriately" behave in a mass shooting situation, perhaps enacting legislation that will reduce the opportunity for people to commit such acts in the first place would be a reasonable approach.

Call me crazy, but I think it might be more effective than "thoughts and prayers" and brutalizing people in the name of "training". And apparently a few countries in the world have agreed with that approach actually tried it with more success than our current one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject:

"can I use the bathroom?"

"I don't know.... 'can' you?"

RATTATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I think they probably do. Pretty sure they all have to get sprayed with pepper spray or something as part of the training to understand its effects. Of course, that actually makes sense if that is true.

I don't get what shooting a teacher with a pellet, what exactly can you learn from that? If you're in a position where you might get shot, it's probably not going to be a pellet.
dumb move. but lets play along.

the idea is to allow them to face their fears. its like learning how to fight professionally. you need to take some hits so you can see how it feels to get hit. because thats usually a person's biggest fear. you make a person face that fear over and over again and they are no longer afraid of it. obviously these are not real bullets so it feels differently. but the sound, the commotion, all the yelling. it makes it feel more real and it can make people afraid/scared like the real thing. If you practice as close to possible to the real thing. if /when(nowadays) the real thing happens, you wont be nearly as afraid, therefore you will be able to think straighter and make better decisions.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

Here's an idea. Rather than train civilian teachers how to "appropriately" behave in a mass shooting situation, perhaps enacting legislation that will reduce the opportunity for people to commit such acts in the first place would be a reasonable approach.

Call me crazy, but I think it might be more effective than "thoughts and prayers" and brutalizing people in the name of "training". And apparently a few countries in the world have agreed with that approach actually tried it with more success than our current one.
NOPE, WE...The American crazees are so in love with our Toys... I mean weapons of destruction, that we refuse to do that.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I like to find humor in everything and this is actually pretty freaking hilarious
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Robert: Hey Lilian, what do you plan on doing with your degree after graduation?

Lilian: I'm planning on teaching. I love being part of helping a child blossom in to a knowledgeable adult.

Robert: I thought about doing the same, but was turned off by the combat training.

Lilian: Ugh, combat training?

Robert: Well if you plan on teaching in an American school, you'll need combat training.

Lilian: No way. combat training?

Robert: Yep, a bunch of crew cut thugs who weren't hugged enough as a kid will line you up and take turns shooting you.

Lilian: No way. I don't believe you.

Robert: Google it. They line you up one by one and take turns shooting you.

Lilian: Well what If I want to teach in Canada?

Robert: Oh, then you're ok. No combat training necessary. You just have to prove you can swallow a teaspoon of maple syrup and pound a beer in under a minute and you're golden.

Lilian: Oh Canada, Our home and native land...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: