D’angelo Russell opens up about his time with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
In fairness he has shown improvements.

His 43.2% field goal percentage is a career high (up from 41.4%), as well as his three point percentage (36.6% up from 35.2%), and his free throw percentage (79.7% from 78.2%).

The largest area of improvement though is his playmaking, he went from 3.3 to 4.8 to 5.2 to 6.9 this season. His assist to turnover ratio is also vastly improved at 6.9 assists vs. 3 turnovers this season, his previous best was last season when he was at 5.2 assists with 3.1 turnovers.

Considering he's still only 22, I'd expect him to continue to improve.
He had good stats with us in only about 28 minutes per game. His assists would of been higher had he played with more spot up shooters like Joe Harris and less ball handling isolation players like Lou Williams and BI. It should of been BI that was sent out in that trade, not Russell.

Man, if the blood clot thing never happened, BI would have silenced even more people.

BI shipped out? Sorry Scoobs, but you haven’t been paying attention. BI was playing like an All Star after the break. Averaging 27 points a game or something. He can play both sides of the court. You’ll be crying when he’s ballin’ out for Charlotte with Jordan and Kup in a few seasons.

Why not just hold onto all of our young players and let them grow together.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

Magic is a clown as a GM.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

Lebron needed 25 shots to score 25 points and had 8 turnovers.

The thing with DLO was that he did everything needed for his team to win.
To me, what gets overlooked is how great he runs their offense even when he doesnt get assists.
That is something that doesnt always show up but hes become a great orchestrator
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dominator wrote:
levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

Crickets....

There's no one here trying to gain pleasure from Lebron sticking up fingers to the Nets. So you can hang onto your crickets, I hear they make great sausages.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Dominator wrote:
levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:

The thing with DLO was that he did everything needed for his team to win.
To me, what gets overlooked is how great he runs their offense even when he doesnt get assists.
That is something that doesnt always show up but hes become a great orchestrator

Always was even in college. I think people forget that is one of the major reasons he was drafted. He didn’t really have the personnel to show that as a laker. The kid looked like he had it all figured out in college. A great balance between running the offense and getting his own. He knew when to take over and will his team to a win.

I think people also forget that when Dlo was in college he was a star at Ohio without one other NBA caliber player on his team. It took an Arizona team with 3 nba caliber defenders to knock him out of the tourney.

Tj McConnell, Stanley Johnson, and his nets teammate Hollis Jefferson.

I wish more fans would just admit they were wrong about the kid. The GSW are one of the greatest assembled teams in nba history and yet our rookie GM is attempting to dethrone them at the height of their power. How likely is that to actually happen in the two year window that we have of an effective lebron?

Literally everything would have to go our way from here on for that to happen. We would have to land a top pick in this draft (trade it for Davis without losing Lonzo or Ingram), Kyrie would have to come to the lakers, and then we could have a legit chance to compete with the warriors in 2020.

Kyrie - curry
Lonzo -Klay
Ingram - Durant
Lebron - draymon
Davis - cousins

Even if they lose one of their top players this summer we would still need all of that to happen in order to compete with them. They have years of experience and all we have is an old ass lebron. We should have developed our young players and looked to the future. Now we’re right back in the lottery
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

His 43.2% field goal percentage is a career high (up from 41.4%), as well as his three point percentage (36.6% up from 35.2%), and his free throw percentage (79.7% from 78.2%).

The largest area of improvement though is his playmaking, he went from 3.3 to 4.8 to 5.2 to 6.9 this season. His assist to turnover ratio is also vastly improved at 6.9 assists vs. 3 turnovers this season, his previous best was last season when he was at 5.2 assists with 3.1 turnovers.

He had good stats with us in only about 28 minutes per game. His assists would of been higher had he played with more spot up shooters like Joe Harris and less ball handling isolation players like Lou Williams and BI. It should of been BI that was sent out in that trade, not Russell.

Man, if the blood clot thing never happened, BI would have silenced even more people.

BI shipped out? Sorry Scoobs, but you haven’t been paying attention. BI was playing like an All Star after the break. Averaging 27 points a game or something. He can play both sides of the court. You’ll be crying when he’s ballin’ out for Charlotte with Jordan and Kup in a few seasons.
I agree that he has had a great run after the break. Well, he did this on an awful team, mind you. He gets most of his points from the mid range and at the basket though. Solid 39% 3 PT FG % in March, but only on 2 attempts per game. Another thing is, I dont know how he manages to only get 0.3 steals per game during that period with his 7-3 wing span. I was ecstatic about his FT% increase though, which helps tremendously if he wants to be a slasher. BI will probably improve his three point shooting volume and overall game, but I still don't understand why you would rather have him than Russell, who is already and all star.

Last edited by scoobs on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Why can't you guys do this in his actual thread in the general lounge???

Pro tip: never ask people why they make threads you’re a very active participant in. Bonus tip: admitting you were wrong is sexy.

Of course you would say this.. =) If any other former player had 3 active threads in the Lakers lounge.. While also having his own thread in the general lounge I'm pretty sure something would have been done about it.

What three active threads?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187263

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=186707

We all knew they were his threads when they were created, and the content within the threads pretty much confirm it lol..

It's probably because he showed a lot of promise as a Laker, many of us question the wisdom of our FO getting rid of promising young talent, and because a lot of posters felt DLO and the Lakers both got screwed over by Magic's move to dump him rather than showing a little patience and acumen in moving Mozgov. Meanwhile a dwindling number of posters are still bent on trashing DLO no matter how obvious the evidence to the contrary. Very hard to resist responding. That's what keeps these 'DLO' threads on Page 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:

No doubt, and how you will always remember him. Bias is real, critical thinking need not apply. But great job of working your ass off in this thread to squelch any positive comments regarding DLO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Politically correct answer. He also said that the trade was the best thing to ever happen to him. You know getting away from this cancer environment.

AFireInside619 wrote:
Grown man bars...

Trading a young asset way too early is something we have to deal with.
we didnt trade him too early. we traded him because he didnt show us he was a superstar in the making. right now he looks like an ecf allstar. thats very good. but that aint great. we were looking for greatness. we saw it in him but he didnt want to work greatness hard. at least not yet. thats not on the lakers. thats on him. glad he's balling. is he playing very good defense? probably not. so you have yet another pg thats putting up points. thats almost every pg in the nba nowadays. except for ours. zo plays defense and doesnt put up points like that. but yet he may actually be as valuable or even moreso to the lakers than dlo is to the nets. if you talk about injuries. it is what it is. availability is the best ... ability. but dont forget, dlo was hurt alot to. just not as much. had a knee issue early in his career. thats also very scary as a franchise to put your hopes in a kid that already is having knee problems.

So our FO didn’t see him as a star, yet he was an all star at an early age. As usual you are wrong, that is a FO talent evaluation problem. It is on Magic and Pelinka
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

I agree that he has had a great run after the break. Well, he did this on an awful team, mind you. He gets most of his points from the mid range and at the basket though. Solid 39% 3 PT FG % in March, but only on 2 attempts per game. Another thing is, I dont know how he manages to only get 0.3 steals per game during that period with his 7-3 wing span. I was ecstatic about his FT% increase though, which helps tremendously if he wants to be a slasher. BI will probably improve his three point shooting volume and overall game, but I still don't understand why you would rather have him than Russell, who is already and all star.

Lonzo+ D'lo is a complete and perfect pairing. People are just overblowing Ingram's 8-10 game stretch where he FINALLY played like he was supposed to.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

@KingJames gives props to @Dloading 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/LakersOutsiders/status/1109560380123025408
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

In the same thread where people are praising DLO for growing in his 4th year and destroying the FO for trading him too early they're also talking about how we should have traded Lonzo (2nd year) and BI (3rd year).

lmfao ok
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

You wouldn't be saying this about 3rd year DLO who averaged 15/5/3 with 3 turnovers on 41/32/74 and only played 48 games. Brandon Ingram is in his 3rd year, younger then 3rd year DLO and already a better two way player then 4th year DLO.

My point is, you're not accounting for the extra year of development that DLO has. Seeing what DLO is doing now should make you realize that if we trade Ingram, we're gonna see the same thing with him. Expect in Ingram's case, he has the potential to be a two way player.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
scoobs wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

Lonzo+ D'lo is a complete and perfect pairing. People are just overblowing Ingram's 8-10 game stretch where he FINALLY played like he was supposed to.

Okay if he's finally playing like he's supposed to then what's the problem? Is it because he couldn't figure it out until his 3rd year at 21? Too slow for you?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Lakers: Loading....

Nets: Loaded.

giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
In the same thread where people are praising DLO for growing in his 4th year and destroying the FO for trading him too early they're also talking about how we should have traded Lonzo (2nd year) and BI (3rd year).

It's this fanbase too - just reading FB/IG comments are cancer, too many are quick to put our young guys under the bus.

It's happened with D'lo and Julius (and Zubac), and those guys are thriving outside of this environment.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
scoobs wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

You wouldn't be saying this about 3rd year DLO who averaged 15/5/3 with 3 turnovers on 41/32/74 and only played 48 games. Brandon Ingram is in his 3rd year, younger then 3rd year DLO and already a better two way player then 4th year DLO.

My point is, you're not accounting for the extra year of development that DLO has. Seeing what DLO is doing now should make you realize that if we trade Ingram, we're gonna see the same thing with him. Expect in Ingram's case, he has the potential to be a two way player.
You are kind of nit picking a bit here. Dlo's 2 years with us was a good enough sample size. 14 ppg with 35% threes on high volume 5 three point attempts per game was good enough for me. A player of that caliber in the back court on this team with Lebron would be a much better fit than BI, who likes to dribble a lot/ iso/ mid range, basically everything that is bad offensively on a team with LBJ in today's league.
Return2greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Ppl saying that dlo is only a ecf all star is a joke. He is an all star and much better then any of the trash we have at pg and that includes zo. Why can’t ppl just say either we didn’t develop him right and congratulate him on his success. Last I checked the nets had a better record than us. I’d take dlo right now all day over zo and his drama. Zo is a freaking kardashian.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Return2greatness wrote:
Ppl saying that dlo is only a ecf all star is a joke. He is an all star and much better then any of the trash we have at pg and that includes zo. Why can’t ppl just say either we didn’t develop him right and congratulate him on his success. Last I checked the nets had a better record than us. I’d take dlo right now all day over zo and his drama. Zo is a freaking kardashian.

smh..
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

lmfao ok

It's like a bad sitcom. I remember very vividly the "teams" here that formed with and against D'lo (eerily similar to the BI, Lonzo, and Kuzma "teams") here and how many were happy to see him gone. Now that he's having the improvement most rational basketball fans expected, the blame game is redirected to Magic. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
scoobs wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

You are kind of nit picking a bit here. Dlo's 2 years with us was a good enough sample size. 14 ppg with 35% threes on high volume 5 three point attempts per game was good enough for me. A player of that caliber in the back court on this team with Lebron would be a much better fit than BI, who likes to dribble a lot/ iso/ mid range, basically everything that is bad offensively on a team with LBJ in today's league.

If you're saying this purely in terms of fit with Lebron, then I understand. If you're talking about individual skill level then I'm not sure how I'm nitpicking
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Return2greatness wrote:

I would take DLO because Zo hasn’t played 100 games in two seasons.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

lmfao ok

Most people aren't destroying the FO because of trading DLO. They're destroying the FO because:

-They traded DLO in a salary dump a year too early. There was no need to trade him at that point for cap space we weren't going to use and still haven't used since then. To make matters worse, other teams did not give up nearly as much to clear cap space with the very same contract a year later.

-What little they did receive from the trade, they let go just as easily which is frustrating because Lopez and Bryant would have really helped the lakers. They also wouldn't hurt the laker's overall plans as well.

-The DLO trade might have played a role in costing us PG due to them sharing the same agent along with randle. Maybe if you give up someone else, then you get a meeting with PG instead of making his decision much easier.

DLO becoming an all-star makes it worse because we've yet to show some serious value. All we have is cap space and Josh Hart, who's having knee problems. Simply put we're not benefitting from the trade at all right now.

People would be doing the same thing with Lonzo and BI if they were traded in a similar fashion. Look at the Zubac trade if you need further evidence.

What you hear in BI and Ball trades are names like AD and Beal, which is understandable given the roster makeup.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:

Millennial's are worthless!! LOL
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Zo
DLo
BI
Kuz
Julius

Not a winner but our team right now isn't one neither.

Not saying I'd prefer that team but it makes you wonder what they could've grown into
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Could've had Zo & DLo backcourt for the next 10+ years. DLo would've taken pressure off Zo too while he develops more in the half court. Zo would've been pushing on the breaks to find DLo for 3s.

Then you also have BI to complete that trio.

Imagine all 3 in their prime as teammates...

Man man mannnnnnn
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: