D’angelo Russell opens up about his time with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

Magic is a clown as a GM.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

If anyone doesn't think DLO wanted to give Magic a big FU for trading him and then talking trash about him... well.. we can agree to disagree.

I am celebrating a loss for the Lakers because its "finally" show progress toward goal... getting at top draft pick. I could care less about moral victories after six losing seasons.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

D'lo already gave Magic the FU by nailing the dagger with us last time.

Then tonight he goes and comes on in the 3rd while having a solid 14 assist game and again his team was victorious.

It means that he can beat us whether his shot is on that night or not because he can contribute in multiple ways and still drop 20 on us despite.

I think that's said enough tbh. People have stopped uttering that they'd rather have Josh Hart than him as our starting 2.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

Lebron needed 25 shots to score 25 points and had 8 turnovers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

Lebron needed 25 shots to score 25 points and had 8 turnovers.
Crickets....
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Why can't you guys do this in his actual thread in the general lounge???
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Pro tip: never ask people why they make threads you’re a very active participant in. Bonus tip: admitting you were wrong is sexy.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Pro tip: never ask people why they make threads you’re a very active participant in. Bonus tip: admitting you were wrong is sexy.

Of course you would say this.. =) If any other former player had 3 active threads in the Lakers lounge.. While also having his own thread in the general lounge I'm pretty sure something would have been done about it.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Of course you would say this.. =) If any other former player had 3 active threads in the Lakers lounge.. While also having his own thread in the general lounge I'm pretty sure something would have been done about it.

What three active threads?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=187263

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=186707

We all knew they were his threads when they were created, and the content within the threads pretty much confirm it lol..
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Politically correct answer. He also said that the trade was the best thing to ever happen to him. You know getting away from this cancer environment.

AFireInside619 wrote:
Grown man bars...

Trading a young asset way too early is something we have to deal with.
we didnt trade him too early. we traded him because he didnt show us he was a superstar in the making. right now he looks like an ecf allstar. thats very good. but that aint great. we were looking for greatness. we saw it in him but he didnt want to work greatness hard. at least not yet. thats not on the lakers. thats on him. glad he's balling. is he playing very good defense? probably not. so you have yet another pg thats putting up points. thats almost every pg in the nba nowadays. except for ours. zo plays defense and doesnt put up points like that. but yet he may actually be as valuable or even moreso to the lakers than dlo is to the nets. if you talk about injuries. it is what it is. availability is the best ... ability. but dont forget, dlo was hurt alot to. just not as much. had a knee issue early in his career. thats also very scary as a franchise to put your hopes in a kid that already is having knee problems.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

And yet there you are in them. Don’t be the guy who complains about the menu every day in the same restaurant.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We all knew they were his threads when they were created, and the content within the threads pretty much confirm it lol..

The reality is this new front office’s first big trade was moving him. They preached what a great deal it was, were super happy about it, and said some unusual things in regards to him.

Like it or not, it’s not a general NBA topic. It directly relates to the Lakers. The FO brought it on themselves.

Now if they get that second max player this summer all these threads that you hate, yet keep posting in will disappear from the lounge and everyone will be happy.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

And yet there you are in them. Don’t be the guy who complains about the menu every day in the same restaurant.

Still haven't addressed my point.. If any other former player had 3 active threads in the Lakers lounge while having his own thread in the general lounge something would have been done about it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The reality is this new front office’s first big trade was moving him. They preached what a great deal it was, were super happy about it, and said some unusual things in regards to him.

Like it or not, it’s not a general NBA topic. It directly relates to the Lakers. The FO brought it on themselves.

Now if they get that second max player this summer all these threads that you hate, yet keep posting in will disappear from the lounge and everyone will be happy.

You guys have at it.. just thought I'd point out an inconsistency.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Still haven't addressed my point.. If any other former player had 3 active threads in the Lakers lounge while having his own thread in the general lounge something would have been done about it.

Nah. When there are laker relevant things that people post in the lounge and people want to talk about it, we don’t generally auto move them. Especially when they are different topics. You can’t talk about whether the front office moved on too soon from young guys without mentioning them. A guy coming back with a chance to eliminate the team and being a lead story is also relevant. I get that it bugs you that you whiffed, and I get that you can’t lay off the fastball, but don’t argue balls and strikes when you’re going down swinging.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The difference here is that the decision on this player is a direct reflection of the front office. For now it doesn’t look good. But who knows. We’ll see this summer.

I think that’s what you aren’t acknowledging. Those threads are about the FO and it involves Russell.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Btw, we have a game thread where he’s mentioned, so maybe it’s four threads. And I mentioned him in DB’s thoughts and ratings thread, so that’s five. It’s almost like he played the Lakers tonight. And we have a thread about West, and one about Doc, etc.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The difference here is that the decision on this player is a direct reflection of the front office. For now it doesn’t look good. But who knows. We’ll see this summer.

I think that’s what you aren’t acknowledging. Those threads are about the FO and it involves Russell.

That's fine boss if you want to believe that.. It's a free forum at the end of the day.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Btw, we have a game thread where he’s mentioned, so maybe it’s four threads. And I mentioned him in DB’s thoughts and ratings thread, so that’s five. It’s almost like he played the Lakers tonight. And we have a thread about West, and one about Doc, etc.

You're a very smart guy.. I do mean that.. but if we're going to have an exchange lets do it on the level. We both know there's a difference between making a comment in a thread, and creating a thread that masquerades as something else. With 75 to 85% of the comments being a about one specific thing. We don't have to pretend lol..

But it's cool.. you guys have at it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

You're also a bit in left field.. I didn't whiff on anything. I've always maintained that Russell was at the very least a starting point guard in this league..

And before he was traded I thought he had allstar potential.. Don't make this about something that it isn't.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Politically correct answer. He also said that the trade was the best thing to ever happen to him. You know getting away from this cancer environment.

AFireInside619 wrote:
Grown man bars...

Trading a young asset way too early is something we have to deal with.
we didnt trade him too early. we traded him because he didnt show us he was a superstar in the making. right now he looks like an ecf allstar. thats very good. but that aint great. we were looking for greatness. we saw it in him but he didnt want to work greatness hard. at least not yet. thats not on the lakers. thats on him. glad he's balling. is he playing very good defense? probably not. so you have yet another pg thats putting up points. thats almost every pg in the nba nowadays. except for ours. zo plays defense and doesnt put up points like that. but yet he may actually be as valuable or even moreso to the lakers than dlo is to the nets. if you talk about injuries. it is what it is. availability is the best ... ability. but dont forget, dlo was hurt alot to. just not as much. had a knee issue early in his career. thats also very scary as a franchise to put your hopes in a kid that already is having knee problems.

Maybe we didn't have the proper personnel to develop him? Almost every young player that leaves here has flourished elsewhere.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You're a very smart guy.. I do mean that.. but if we're going to have an exchange lets do it on the level. We both know there's a difference between making a comment in a thread, and creating a thread that masquerades as something else. With 75 to 85% of the comments being a about one specific thing. We don't have to pretend lol..

Lol why do you keep bypassing the fact that the reason he’s a main topic in those threads is because our FO traded him in a big time deal that so far has amounted to very little? Therefore, people are questioning the move. How is that irrelevant to the Lakers? It was this FO’s biggest trade yet.

Also, I’m not saying the move was good or bad. I’m patient and willing to see what happens this summer. I think that’s fair.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

And you too. You don’t like the threads, Stay out. If you have a problem with them, drop a pm or go to the feedback forum (ironic, huh?). At some point being the most active guy in a thread complaining about the thread existing is not productive.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Lol why do you keep bypassing the fact that the reason he’s a main topic in those threads is because our FO traded him in a big time deal that so far has amounted to very little? Therefore, people are questioning the move. How is that irrelevant to the Lakers? It was this FO’s biggest trade yet.

Also, I’m not saying the move was good or bad. I’m patient and willing to see what happens this summer. I think that’s fair.

Well yea its pretty obvious people are upset with the front office for trading him. How many threads must that be communicated in?

I'm not even saying the criticisms aren't valid. I'm indifferent at present till we see how it all plays out.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

And you too. You don’t like the threads, Stay out. If you have a problem with them, drop a pm or go to the feedback forum (ironic, huh?). At some point being the most active guy in a thread complaining about the thread existing is not productive.

Wasn't the most active until our exchange.. I see plenty of threads that posters will enter and post lock emoticons. It happens pretty often actually.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: